opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » 02. Prison Sex
User Name
Password
Old 07-21-2007, 02:11 AM   #121
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Why isn't anyone discussing Prison Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_angelfire View Post
.... maynardeth doth be to dorky for me.
I'd take him to the dance in his short pants. No pun intended.

And I agree... I think we killed this conversation about twenty posts back.

IT WAS FUN THOUGHT DAMMIT!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabiliofadilio View Post
ohh mayanardeth is not gonna be happy to hear that gabe_angelfire!!!! can you spell S-H-I-T-M-U-S-I-C-L-A-N-D?????

haha, but serioulsy, i'm a straight guy and i'm not gonna hesitate to say adam is a looker.

yeah i think prison sex is done for now. hmm but what for a topic?
one of you has to pickkkkkkkkkkk
I'd actually trade my ticket in for a day at the winery. I don't even care to drink. I would just like a tour of the place. And yes, I want some cheese with that. No toe cheese or dick cheese please. I prefer Gouda. Seriously though, I think that would excite me more than meeting famous people.

Truth be told.. I am actually a little uncomfortable trying to guess what an artist means in their music. It feels kind of weird, like an invasion of personal boundaries or something. Anyone else get that feeling or am I strange?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:11 AM   #123
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

well when you put it like that.... i think interpreting an artist's music to get ideas, courage, or whatever emoton you need is whats musics all about.
plus the artist is displaying their ideas in song form, displaying it for people like us to interpret and enjoy!

this of course does not count bands such as panic at the disco who have about as much lyrical diversity as a 2-year old
Old 07-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #124
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I'd have to agree that Adam is a sexy man. Oh yeah, I'm straight by the way.

I love Risk.

Oh, also, did any of you guys know that Maynard actually did have a church there for awhile? This may have been some rumor, but I have from good sources, friends. haha... Anyway, I think he did at some point. I don't know if it was a joke, or if it was a real attempt to produce something positive. Who knows?

I require spiritual enlightenment, not religion. I think a lot of people look for 'spiritual enlightenment' of some sort, even though they claim they're not. The ideas and morals Tool shares with us is something that would make me go to a church, if that's what you'd call it. Wouldn't that be perfect?

Instead of flipping to some boring ass dated story in the bible, Maynard says, "If you'll turn your pamphlet to page 16, we'll be discussing The Grudge today. Danny would care to lead us in song and worship?"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #125

Quote:
this of course does not count bands such as panic at the disco who have about as much lyrical diversity as a 2-year old
ROFL - I find the mimes in the videos to be much more disturbing.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
I require spiritual enlightenment, not religion.
I require immortality. Is that asking too much?

Quote:
Instead of flipping to some boring ass dated story in the bible, Maynard says, "If you'll turn your pamphlet to page 16, we'll be discussing The Grudge today. Danny would care to lead us in song and worship?"
haha-This week we will be reading a selection from the book of DOUCHEBAG.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #127
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I love Risk.

Oh, also, did any of you guys know that Maynard actually did have a church there for awhile? This may have been some rumor, but I have from good sources, friends. haha... Anyway, I think he did at some point. I don't know if it was a joke, or if it was a real attempt to produce something positive. Who knows?

I require spiritual enlightenment, not religion. I think a lot of people look for 'spiritual enlightenment' of some sort, even though they claim they're not. The ideas and morals Tool shares with us is something that would make me go to a church, if that's what you'd call it. Wouldn't that be perfect?

hahaha! that church sounds perfect!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #128
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezarien View Post
ROFL - I find the mimes in the videos to be much more disturbing.
mimes? HA! look at the fucking band members!
Old 07-21-2007, 05:31 PM   #129

Quote:
mimes? HA! look at the fucking band members!
I have no problems with homosexuals. Mimes on the other hand are fucking creepy.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #130
Level 7 - Loquacious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ok you got me there...
Old 07-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #131

Bincount™: 10

Quote:

*YUMMY* and *ROTFLMAO*
Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #132

Quote:
Like, OMG, no you just didn't... PATD is like the best band EVER!!! They really get me, ya know.

That's like totally no fair! You shouldn't talk about bands you don't know. They, like, own my soul. You would never understand. Have you no heart????

/cuts
Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #133

Oh... you didn't go all like... ELMO on me did you?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #134

HAHA!

I wish my grass were emo so it would go and cut itself.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe_angelfire View Post
HAHA!

I wish my grass were emo so it would go and cut itself.
rofl - thats not ver nice. ;)
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #136
Level 7 - Loquacious

well uhh sorry gabe_angelfire. to each its own?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 AM   #137

Quote:
well uhh sorry gabe_angelfire. to each its own?
I was just teasing ;O)
Old 07-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #138

Don't let her lie to you. She has a big poster of a mime above her bed.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #139
Level 7 - Loquacious

oh my Maynardeth! who to believe!?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:18 PM   #140
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 30

THIS IS PRISON SEX, NOT THE BIN!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #141

*Hangs head and goes to the corner*

Ok kids, enough fun... let's get back to sodomy and molestering.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwriter View Post
THIS IS PRISON SEX, NOT THE BIN!
See Gabe, You got us *all* in trouble!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #143
Level 7 - Loquacious

well then ghostwriter, start up a discussion!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #144
Level 7 - Loquacious

no one is posting anything...
Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #145
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think the south park episode "red hot catholic love" was inspired by this song. I think Matt and Trey are probably also big fans of Tool.
Most funniest quote from this episode:
The Galgamec vagina is 3 feet wide and filled with razorsharp teeth. Do you really expect us to have sex with them...lol
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #146
Level 7 - Loquacious

that episode is hilarious
Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #147
Level 1 - Lurker

While i understand the lyrics, i am constantly confronted by a religious undertone to this song. I am not talking about simply the use of lyrics, but i have a very clear image in my mind of a church. Hands bound, head down, eyes closed, throat wide open. Like praying. I want to say the song isn't about actual physical abuse, but religious abuse, perverted dogma thrust upon the young and innocent. Torturing youth with guilt and shame. Religion as a twisted and perverse activity, and the endless circle of progression. any one else notice or feel the same. I still understand the conventional veiw, but the more i listen the less I see sodomy and the more I see spiritual repression.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #148
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yeah, I see what you mean. Catholicism has had a way of becoming part of the culture in the part of the netherlands where I come from, but fortunately most people are not being forced to go to church anymore. The only reason for me to do communion was that I got lots of presents, but after that I almost never went to church anymore. I never really felt a close spiritual connection with the hole "God and Jesus thing".
But you don't wanna hear the stories I've heard from my parents and grandparents. My grandparents were basically forced to have more children. The priest would come by their house and he would say something like: "well, it seems time you had some more children. you should be fruitful and multiply" If my grandparents would refuse, then the priest would go have a word with the employer of my grandfather and he would risk losing his job.
The priest and the employer would of course have made some sort of agreement, like: you make sure they stay poor, then I'll make sure they stay "stupid".
So, basically, people were forced to have more children, although they might not have enough money to feed the children they already had. And all these children would off course also become nice catholics and bring more money to the church.

So, you could say there's some sort of "blackmail" involved, which in some cases also occurs with for example the sexual abuse of children.

There are also some religious references, like the lamb and martyr. I also think the "do unto others what has been done to you" might be from the old testament(?), which refers to the "eye for an eye, tooth for tooth-mentality".

Last edited by Bhikkhu; 08-10-2007 at 03:04 PM..
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #149
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post
While i understand the lyrics, i am constantly confronted by a religious undertone to this song. I am not talking about simply the use of lyrics, but i have a very clear image in my mind of a church. Hands bound, head down, eyes closed, throat wide open. Like praying. I want to say the song isn't about actual physical abuse, but religious abuse, perverted dogma thrust upon the young and innocent. Torturing youth with guilt and shame. Religion as a twisted and perverse activity, and the endless circle of progression. any one else notice or feel the same. I still understand the conventional veiw, but the more i listen the less I see sodomy and the more I see spiritual repression.
yeah i i have kinda had a a feeling of religion being SOME part of this but i never out the pieces together. oh and good way to put it azula!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #150
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhikkhu View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean. Catholicism has had a way of becoming part of the culture in the part of the netherlands where I come from, but fortunately most people are not being forced to go to church anymore. The only reason for me to do communion was that I got lots of presents, but after that I almost never went to church anymore. I never really felt a close spiritual connection with the hole "God and Jesus thing".
But you don't wanna hear the stories I've heard from my parents and grandparents. My grandparents were basically forced to have more children. The priest would come by their house and he would say something like: "well, it seems time you had some more children. you should be fruitful and multiply" If my grandparents would refuse, then the priest would go have a word with the employer of my grandfather and he would risk losing his job.
The priest and the employer would of course have made some sort of agreement, like: you make sure they stay poor, then I'll make sure they stay "stupid".
So, basically, people were forced to have more children, although they might not have enough money to feed the children they already had. And all these children would off course also become nice catholics and bring more money to the church.

So, you could say there's some sort of "blackmail" involved, which in some cases also occurs with for example the sexual abuse of children.

There are also some religious references, like the lamb and martyr. I also think the "do unto others what has been done to you" might be from the old testament(?), which refers to the "eye for an eye, tooth for tooth-mentality".
thats horrible! your right though, religion has always had a way of "persuading" or manipulating in the past the to help their "cause". just another fact that helps prove organized religion is just business...

i do think those quotes from prison sex hint at reigion being a basis for the song... who knows
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #151
Banned.

Bincount™: 8223

Wow! This thread really took off! Hard to believe I started it almost 5 months ago.

While I can see your point about a religious undertone, I will take the position that it is mainly about sexual abuse... though it could be sexual abuse by the clergy. It is also about longing for fulfillment that never comes.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #152
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemena View Post
Wow! This thread really took off! Hard to believe I started it almost 5 months ago.

While I can see your point about a religious undertone, I will take the position that it is mainly about sexual abuse... though it could be sexual abuse by the clergy. It is also about longing for fulfillment that never comes.
This thread is great.

That longing for fulfillment which never comes, is really inherent to the church business.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #153
Level 7 - Loquacious

the more i think about it the more religion seems pertinent in this song
Old 08-16-2007, 10:42 PM   #154
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maybe the word "Prison" in the title is a metaphor for "Church". They both are institutions that try to "control" people. People in prison usually don't want to be there and some people who are/were "forced" to go to church don't want to be in church.

This might explain (part of) the title for the song...however it could off course also refer to the fact that people are being raped in prison...
Old 08-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #155
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by azula View Post
i never thought of it like that but i totaly see where your coming from, my sister got married recently, and she and her husband had to go through catholic marriage classes, at my moms insistence, and her husband told me basically all they were told to do is to make lots o babies

oh ya, holy shit its been a long time since i posted

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: