User Name
Password
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
03-06-2006, 12:12 PM

Here is the article transcribed:

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER
New Tool Album to Push Things Even Further Forward

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

Speaking to Rock Sound, bassist Justin Chancellor explained that Baresi was instrumental in helping the band achieve a new level of sonic power; “Because he’s such a guitar-minded person, he really helped us achieve something we haven’t been able to up to now in terms of our sound. At first it was a bit of a trip when we first started to mix it. We had to get our head around doing it in a different way. But we quickly understood why Joe was doing what he was doing, and how it was helping us get better. It’s not just an overload of guitars though – he’s given each instrument its own space to exist and I think that gives the album an overall depth that was missing from the last one.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan was unapologetic about the band’s long absence: “Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

Given Keenan’s pre-Tool career as an American solider, the album inevitably features a lyrical preoccupation with the much-debated intervention of Western forces in Iraq and the subsequent fallout, but the vocalist insisted that the new album will not see Tool climbing on to a political soapbox.

“There’s not very much use for sloganeering when dealing with something as complicated as this, so there’s no question about the album being simplified in the way that bands like Green Day have (done things). I’ve tried to employ a more emotional, cerebral element to the things I’ve seen in recent times and the idea of that is to initiate thought rather than aimlessly waving a fist. The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

The band have been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for this year’s Download Festival, and will play a London date around the same time.

Last edited by flipmojo; 03-06-2006 at 12:22 PM..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #81
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
Re: according to rock sound magazine.

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

Speaking to Rock Sound, bassist Justin Chancellor explained that Baresi was instrumental in helping the band achieve a new level of sonic power; “Because he’s such a guitar-minded person, he really helped us achieve something we haven’t been able to up to now in terms of our sound. At first it was a bit of a trip when we first started to mix it. We had to get our head around doing it in a different way. But we quickly understood why Joe was doing what he was doing, and how it was helping us get better. It’s not just an overload of guitars though – he’s given each instrument its own space to exist and I think that gives the album an overall depth that was missing from the last one.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan was unapologetic about the band’s long absence: “Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

Given Keenan’s pre-Tool career as an American solider, the album inevitably features a lyrical preoccupation with the much-debated intervention of Western forces in Iraq and the subsequent fallout, but the vocalist insisted that the new album will not see Tool climbing on to a political soapbox.

“There’s not very much use for sloganeering when dealing with something as complicated as this, so there’s no question about the album being simplified in the way that bands like Green Day have (done things). I’ve tried to employ a more emotional, cerebral element to the things I’ve seen in recent times and the idea of that is to initiate thought rather than aimlessly waving a fist. The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

The band have been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for this year’s Download Festival, and will play a London date around the same time.

Last edited by flipmojo; 03-06-2006 at 12:22 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Boozy Eulogist's Avatar Boozy Eulogist
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Ehhe I just pulled that out of my ass.

I really have no idea how long it took to decode.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Ehhe I just pulled that out of my ass.

I really have no idea how long it took to decode.
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
03-06-2006, 12:16 PM

^ nice job!

was thinking of doing that, but lazy....
Old 03-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

^ nice job!

was thinking of doing that, but lazy....
Cid's Avatar Cid
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

typo....it's "Blame Hofmann" not "Blame Hoffman"....Albert Hofmann spells it with two n's at the end and one f. As opposed to Abbie Hoffman which uses two f's and one n.
10/23/07 OiNK Never Forget
Old 03-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #84
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 190

Quote:

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

typo....it's "Blame Hofmann" not "Blame Hoffman"....Albert Hofmann spells it with two n's at the end and one f. As opposed to Abbie Hoffman which uses two f's and one n.
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-06-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist
The Rosetta Stone was a long Lost Key that took just short of 10,000 days to decode!

Ba-Zing!
nice I couldn't find a connection there and you did it.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
The Rosetta Stone was a long Lost Key that took just short of 10,000 days to decode!

Ba-Zing!
nice I couldn't find a connection there and you did it.
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
LOL. This is hilarious. I will fix it. But I have four letters for you... A N A L.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 03-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #86
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid
LOL. This is hilarious. I will fix it. But I have four letters for you... A N A L.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
champion's Avatar champion
03-06-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm not going to completely believe anything that's said as of now. I'll bring up again that prior to Lateralus, magazines were advertising Tool's new album "Systema Encephale." I think Tool is aware that people are hounding for titles and whatnot, so they may be throwing people off until the end, when they announce everything definitely.

But this article is good. I like what is said about the direction of the new album, and I believe that, in all likelihood, the titles are real, but tentative, which is why the band is comfortable with throwing them out into the open.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #87
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

I'm not going to completely believe anything that's said as of now. I'll bring up again that prior to Lateralus, magazines were advertising Tool's new album "Systema Encephale." I think Tool is aware that people are hounding for titles and whatnot, so they may be throwing people off until the end, when they announce everything definitely.

But this article is good. I like what is said about the direction of the new album, and I believe that, in all likelihood, the titles are real, but tentative, which is why the band is comfortable with throwing them out into the open.
mike tyson's Avatar mike tyson

GREEN DAY INFLUENCE WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #88
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

STA's Avatar STA

Quote:
I just vomited a little in my mouth. I really did.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #89
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
I just vomited a little in my mouth. I really did.
Cid's Avatar Cid

Quote:
HAHA...just pointing it out for the people that are going to look into more "deeply" or whatever. i think these are fake, but the article says "Hofmann" which no one would want to confuse with "Hoffman" in this situation :)
Old 03-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #90
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
HAHA...just pointing it out for the people that are going to look into more "deeply" or whatever. i think these are fake, but the article says "Hofmann" which no one would want to confuse with "Hoffman" in this situation :)
champion's Avatar champion
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Didn't Blair say the artwork for the new album would be leaked like a week ago?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #91
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

Didn't Blair say the artwork for the new album would be leaked like a week ago?
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
rather I think he is mocking Green Day.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:24 PM   #92
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
rather I think he is mocking Green Day.
03-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Oh take a joke for christ's sake.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #93
Level 7 - Loquacious

skizzott
03-06-2006, 12:33 PM

In my search for Rosetta Stone, it states that it was found in 1799 and deciphered in 1822. A bit short of 10,000 days, so I don't think those two things are tied together, but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:33 PM   #94
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

In my search for Rosetta Stone, it states that it was found in 1799 and deciphered in 1822. A bit short of 10,000 days, so I don't think those two things are tied together, but thats just my opinion.
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
you talkin' to me?
lol, i know it was a joke, geeze you know it's called sarcasm :P
Old 03-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #95
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
you talkin' to me?
lol, i know it was a joke, geeze you know it's called sarcasm :P
03-06-2006, 12:34 PM

Well i'll be damned. I should pull stuff out of my ass more often.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #96
Level 7 - Loquacious

Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Why don't you just let me?

1799 - 1822 is 23 years, that is a huge way off of Ten Thousand Days, which i believe is just over 27 years. Hence skizzott being right and boozy nearly being the luckiest mo-fo in town, a guess craking a tool album? Psh-sure.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 03-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Quote:
Why don't you just let me?

1799 - 1822 is 23 years, that is a huge way off of Ten Thousand Days, which i believe is just over 27 years. Hence skizzott being right and boozy nearly being the luckiest mo-fo in town, a guess craking a tool album? Psh-sure.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-06-2006, 12:47 PM

I hate this album title. I hate those track titles. I hate everyone that believes they are the final titles. I especially hate people who actually LIKE this bullshit.

This is crap. Period. Stop sucking Tool's dick and realize how horrible this sounds.

I especially hate Maynard for saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”
What an egotistical asshole. Fuck him.

Fuck everything about this "new album".

If any of this crap is true, I'm not buying it.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #98
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

I hate this album title. I hate those track titles. I hate everyone that believes they are the final titles. I especially hate people who actually LIKE this bullshit.

This is crap. Period. Stop sucking Tool's dick and realize how horrible this sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

STA's Avatar STA
03-06-2006, 12:48 PM

www.rosettastoned.com

Someone do that magic thing you do when you get us all the information about a website.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #99
STA
Banned.

www.rosettastoned.com

Someone do that magic thing you do when you get us all the information about a website.
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM

You DID like Livide, didn´t you Oce?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #100
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

You DID like Livide, didn´t you Oce?
STA's Avatar STA
03-06-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

I couldn't agree more. I also find this:

"The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

. . . to be thoroughly obnoxious.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #101
STA
Banned.

Quote:

"The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

03-06-2006, 12:50 PM

Livide had a name that didn't suck, and was slightly catchy.

This stuff is just bullshit. Total. Fucking. Bullshit.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #102
On Probation

Livide had a name that didn't suck, and was slightly catchy.

This stuff is just bullshit. Total. Fucking. Bullshit.
03-06-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima

Thank you. I thought I was the only one...

I'm tired of Tool. I don't think I'm gonna get the new album, even if these aren't the new titles.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #103
On Probation

Quote:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one...

I'm tired of Tool. I don't think I'm gonna get the new album, even if these aren't the new titles.
Wretched's Avatar Wretched
03-06-2006, 12:52 PM

I just like Tools music. I don't fucking care if Maynard is an ego whore or if Justin gets stoned alot. They make good music. So fuck it, and fuck you complaining bitches.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #104
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

I just like Tools music. I don't fucking care if Maynard is an ego whore or if Justin gets stoned alot. They make good music. So fuck it, and fuck you complaining bitches.
Nebel
03-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Oh shut the fuck up, so what if people like it or believe any of this? What the hell has it got to do with you? Considering you listen to Tool, shouldn't you be inclined into thinking that we're all alowed to have our opinion and express them in ways that we want to. I don't need a fucking asshole like you coming to tell us that you "hate" us for liking this. Go ahead, if it's true, I'll laugh in your face. Don't buy the new album, I however well, and I'm gonna love every second of it.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #105
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:

Oh shut the fuck up, so what if people like it or believe any of this? What the hell has it got to do with you? Considering you listen to Tool, shouldn't you be inclined into thinking that we're all alowed to have our opinion and express them in ways that we want to. I don't need a fucking asshole like you coming to tell us that you "hate" us for liking this. Go ahead, if it's true, I'll laugh in your face. Don't buy the new album, I however well, and I'm gonna love every second of it.
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No no no, YOU shut the fuck up. Stop pretending you like this title or those album names. They are bad. Period.

Nobody likes you. Go crawl in a hole and die.
*administers a chill pill*

Does someone want a back rub?

Obviously tools marketing stratergy is having some negative effects with their fan base, this is not good, i hope they learn from this lesson.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #106
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Quote:
No no no, YOU shut the fuck up. Stop pretending you like this title or those album names. They are bad. Period.

Nobody likes you. Go crawl in a hole and die.
*administers a chill pill*

Does someone want a back rub?

Obviously tools marketing stratergy is having some negative effects with their fan base, this is not good, i hope they learn from this lesson.
bluefire's Avatar bluefire

haha, ocelots on the rag.

The names aren't what I expected, I guess they could be better. They are just names, you know.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #107
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

haha, ocelots on the rag.

The names aren't what I expected, I guess they could be better. They are just names, you know.

if its being released May 1st, when do you think preorders will start?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #108
Level 7 - Loquacious

if its being released May 1st, when do you think preorders will start?
dissonance19

All Maynard said was that the record wouldn't have been as good as it could have been if they did it sooner rather than later like other bands. And how APC was just a natural distraction that allowed it to happen.

I see NOTHING wrong in that. And no that's not me sucking TOOL or Maynard's dick. It's just not a big deal at all.

And yes, these titles suck but who gives a shit? They're probably NOT real anyway.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #109
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 17

All Maynard said was that the record wouldn't have been as good as it could have been if they did it sooner rather than later like other bands. And how APC was just a natural distraction that allowed it to happen.

I see NOTHING wrong in that. And no that's not me sucking TOOL or Maynard's dick. It's just not a big deal at all.

And yes, these titles suck but who gives a shit? They're probably NOT real anyway.
Cid's Avatar Cid

Quote:
www.rosettastoned.com

Registrant:
Danielle Roter
11558 Huston St
North Hollywood, California 91601
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: ROSETTASTONED.COM
Created on: 28-Dec-05
Expires on: 28-Dec-07
Las Updated on: 28-Dec-05

Administrative Contact:
Danielle Roter [email protected]
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318

Technical Contact:
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318
Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #110
Cid
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
www.rosettastoned.com

Registrant:
Danielle Roter
11558 Huston St
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: ROSETTASTONED.COM
Created on: 28-Dec-05
Expires on: 28-Dec-07
Las Updated on: 28-Dec-05

Administrative Contact:
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318

Technical Contact:
11558 Huston St
United States
(818) 506-0318
Nebel
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM

When did I say, or anyone else say that they thought Tool were the best band in the world? You're just being ignorant and immature. I don't give a shit if you think our opinions suck, don't buy the fucking album, you don't deserve it.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #111
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

When did I say, or anyone else say that they thought Tool were the best band in the world? You're just being ignorant and immature. I don't give a shit if you think our opinions suck, don't buy the fucking album, you don't deserve it.
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM

I like how you are complaining (and threatening not to buy) an album you haven't even heard. I thought it was about the MUSIC not the imagie. Just shut up dood. So what if you hate the album name, the title of the songs, or what the band says? Is it not suppose to be about the music? Is that not what matters, not whether or not you like the band PERSONALLY?

I think everyone should cool the fuck down and stop bitching about some words. It's just a god damn title. Might even be fake. Everyone knows how Maynard plays the media (He called Jesus a chump to MTV for fucksake). If the album sucks, bitch all the god damn hell you want.

BUT WAIT TO HEAR THE FUCKING THING.

Last edited by paraflux; 03-07-2006 at 07:04 AM..
Old 03-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #112
Banned.

I like how you are complaining (and threatening not to buy) an album you haven't even heard. I thought it was about the MUSIC not the imagie. Just shut up dood. So what if you hate the album name, the title of the songs, or what the band says? Is it not suppose to be about the music? Is that not what matters, not whether or not you like the band PERSONALLY?

I think everyone should cool the fuck down and stop bitching about some words. It's just a god damn title. Might even be fake. Everyone knows how Maynard plays the media (He called Jesus a chump to MTV for fucksake). If the album sucks, bitch all the god damn hell you want.

BUT WAIT TO HEAR THE FUCKING THING.

Last edited by paraflux; 03-07-2006 at 07:04 AM..
Andorion's Avatar Andorion
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM

e: too late.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #113
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

e: too late.
STA's Avatar STA
03-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I'll respect your opinion when it stops sucking. Until then, you and all the rest of the people who like this are little irritating fanbois who think Tool is the best band in the world.
To be honest, I DO think Tool is the best band in the world, but I still agree with Ocelot here. That Rock Sound interview is atrocious. If it actually does reflect Maynard's attitude going into making the new album, then there's a very good chance that it also reflects what the new album will sound like, or will be about. In fact, I think that's precisely what Maynard is telling us. Sure, he mentions that the album is not going to be used as a political soapbox, but let's step back and look and what we've heard (allegedly) from the band about this new album. At the very least, they've been using the new album as a way to get their political views published in bad rock magazines. Using Rock Sound as a soapbox is almost sadder than using the new album as one.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #114
STA
Banned.

Quote:
I'll respect your opinion when it stops sucking. Until then, you and all the rest of the people who like this are little irritating fanbois who think Tool is the best band in the world.
To be honest, I DO think Tool is the best band in the world, but I still agree with Ocelot here. That Rock Sound interview is atrocious. If it actually does reflect Maynard's attitude going into making the new album, then there's a very good chance that it also reflects what the new album will sound like, or will be about. In fact, I think that's precisely what Maynard is telling us. Sure, he mentions that the album is not going to be used as a political soapbox, but let's step back and look and what we've heard (allegedly) from the band about this new album. At the very least, they've been using the new album as a way to get their political views published in bad rock magazines. Using Rock Sound as a soapbox is almost sadder than using the new album as one.
assailing eyes's Avatar assailing eyes
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
Can I have a pic of the rest of them please? Is it only Justin?
the left hand page was just a massive picture of maynard, but my friend isnt online anymore to ask for a picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
good find, man.
i'm not a man LOL, but cheers.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #115
tdn hottie

Bincount™: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
Can I have a pic of the rest of them please? Is it only Justin?
the left hand page was just a massive picture of maynard, but my friend isnt online anymore to ask for a picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
good find, man.
i'm not a man LOL, but cheers.
STA's Avatar STA
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM

Cheers to Cid and Andorion for that. So www.rosettastoned.com was registered back in December? Is that right?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #116
STA
Banned.

Cheers to Cid and Andorion for that. So www.rosettastoned.com was registered back in December? Is that right?
Lateral Undertow's Avatar Lateral Undertow
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM

This is why Tool wants to keep everything under wraps. Inevitably there are going to be people that judge the album by the title or track listing, then they are going to have expectations one way or the other before the music is even released.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #117
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

This is why Tool wants to keep everything under wraps. Inevitably there are going to be people that judge the album by the title or track listing, then they are going to have expectations one way or the other before the music is even released.
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Then again Lostkeys.com is not registered.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #118
Banned.

Quote:
researchtriangle's Avatar researchtriangle
03-06-2006, 01:07 PM

tool have such a great sense of humor. this is all bullshit
Old 03-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #119
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 73

tool have such a great sense of humor. this is all bullshit
Andorion's Avatar Andorion
03-06-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
yeah it is:

Code:
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: LOSTKEYS.COM
Registrar: DOMAINDISCOVER
Whois Server: whois.domaindiscover.com
Referral URL: http://www.domaindiscover.com
Name Server: DNS1.MIGHTYNET.COM
Name Server: DNS2.MIGHTYNET.COM
Updated Date: 21-nov-2003
Creation Date: 29-jul-1996
Expiration Date: 28-jul-2011

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:36:45 EST <<<
NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #120
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
yeah it is:

Code:
Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: LOSTKEYS.COM
Registrar: DOMAINDISCOVER
Whois Server: whois.domaindiscover.com
Referral URL: http://www.domaindiscover.com
Name Server: DNS1.MIGHTYNET.COM
Name Server: DNS2.MIGHTYNET.COM
Updated Date: 21-nov-2003
Creation Date: 29-jul-1996
Expiration Date: 28-jul-2011

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:36:45 EST <<<
NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply