Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
11-28-2009, 04:27 AM

So I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet and i'm pretty surprised, but when you line up the endings of Viginti Tres and 10,000 days, it creates the new effect. Then listen to the entire piece as a whole, so: Wings For Marie (Part 1) ->10,000 days (Part 2) + Viginti Tres (Part 3) (17:25) to get the intended effect. All of the videos on youtube overlap Wings part 1 with 10,000 days and it really just doesn't work. I thought it did at first as some parts did sound similiar but it's mostly a mess. If you haven't listened in the way I mentioned, I suggest you try it.

Last edited by 717; 11-28-2009 at 04:30 AM..
Old 11-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
10,000 days + Viginti Tres

So I haven't seen anyone talk about this yet and i'm pretty surprised, but when you line up the endings of Viginti Tres and 10,000 days, it creates the new effect. Then listen to the entire piece as a whole, so: Wings For Marie (Part 1) ->10,000 days (Part 2) + Viginti Tres (Part 3) (17:25) to get the intended effect. All of the videos on youtube overlap Wings part 1 with 10,000 days and it really just doesn't work. I thought it did at first as some parts did sound similiar but it's mostly a mess. If you haven't listened in the way I mentioned, I suggest you try it.

Last edited by 717; 11-28-2009 at 04:30 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
11-28-2009, 11:11 AM

'the new effect,' eh?

do you have any links to the compiled piece as a whole that you are referring to?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483
Re: 10,000 days + Viginti Tres

'the new effect,' eh?

do you have any links to the compiled piece as a whole that you are referring to?
11-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Naw i've never seen it online, but I have it made out so I could send it to you. You'll hear the wings starting to soar during the 'solo' bit.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Naw i've never seen it online, but I have it made out so I could send it to you. You'll hear the wings starting to soar during the 'solo' bit.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
11-28-2009, 12:51 PM

When you take the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10,000 days (which is the sound of the wings of an angel, imo) listen to it in a higher volume, it resembles the sound that is used in VT. No wonder that the songs seem to relate to eachother.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

When you take the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10,000 days (which is the sound of the wings of an angel, imo) listen to it in a higher volume, it resembles the sound that is used in VT. No wonder that the songs seem to relate to eachother.
11-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
i too, heard the resemblance between the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10k days(though never thought of it as wings) and the rythmic noise in Viginti Tres. although i don't know how these songs would sound over eachother; as what i believe 717 is suggesting
Old 11-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
i too, heard the resemblance between the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10k days(though never thought of it as wings) and the rythmic noise in Viginti Tres. although i don't know how these songs would sound over eachother; as what i believe 717 is suggesting
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theamazingtool View Post
i too, heard the resemblance between the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10k days(though never thought of it as wings) and the rythmic noise in Viginti Tres.
Actually i thought it was the sound of Maynard's mother finally going to heaven. (Which was going to be her ultimate goal eventually).

More on that subject here

Quote:
although i don't know how these songs would sound over eachother; as what i believe 717 is suggesting
I was never going to try that. I'm not into these sort of "combing of songs" anyway.

I just wanted to state that there is a relation btween those two songs. Nothing more.....

Last edited by Rolo; 11-28-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Jedi Master

Quote:
i too, heard the resemblance between the "swooshing" sound at the end of 10k days(though never thought of it as wings) and the rythmic noise in Viginti Tres.
Actually i thought it was the sound of Maynard's mother finally going to heaven. (Which was going to be her ultimate goal eventually).

More on that subject here

Quote:
although i don't know how these songs would sound over eachother; as what i believe 717 is suggesting
I was never going to try that. I'm not into these sort of "combing of songs" anyway.

I just wanted to state that there is a relation btween those two songs. Nothing more.....

Last edited by Rolo; 11-28-2009 at 03:54 PM..
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
11-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Old 11-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Jedi Master

11-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
i wouldnt have the patience to try to mash up the songs myself, nor would i want to download some file from someone i dont know. neither have i been a fan of 'alternate track orders', reflection backwards, combining of songs or any related voodoo. i would however provided a clean link, be willing to give it a listen.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
i wouldnt have the patience to try to mash up the songs myself, nor would i want to download some file from someone i dont know. neither have i been a fan of 'alternate track orders', reflection backwards, combining of songs or any related voodoo. i would however provided a clean link, be willing to give it a listen.
11-29-2009, 04:04 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that Faaip De Oaid and Lost Keys were meant to be combined. Link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn60htrj9K8 So song combining is definately something that Tool plays with. I'm 99.9% convinced that the way I mentioned above works too, but like I said i've never seen a link online for it. Because Wings For Marie and 10,000 days both have that similiar heavy part near the end, thats what everyone synchs up, giving people the wrong idea. Certainly i'm not the first to figure this out?!

Last edited by 717; 11-29-2009 at 04:23 AM..
Old 11-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

I think it's pretty obvious that Faaip De Oaid and Lost Keys were meant to be combined. Link -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn60htrj9K8 So song combining is definately something that Tool plays with. I'm 99.9% convinced that the way I mentioned above works too, but like I said i've never seen a link online for it. Because Wings For Marie and 10,000 days both have that similiar heavy part near the end, thats what everyone synchs up, giving people the wrong idea. Certainly i'm not the first to figure this out?!

Last edited by 717; 11-29-2009 at 04:23 AM..
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
11-29-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 717 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn60htrj9K8
Never really thought about it before, but I can definetely see the similarities in theme's between songs. That link does a good job lining them up, but what it to say you can't line up any two songs? Surely their freaked alien encountered characters may be one in the same, but the combination of these two songs is not as simple as beginning at the same time, lining up their endings, etc. With that said, with a little editing you can combine any two songs.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Never really thought about it before, but I can definetely see the similarities in theme's between songs. That link does a good job lining them up, but what it to say you can't line up any two songs? Surely their freaked alien encountered characters may be one in the same, but the combination of these two songs is not as simple as beginning at the same time, lining up their endings, etc. With that said, with a little editing you can combine any two songs.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
11-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
LOL, that was a nice combo.

But....
Quote:
So song combining is definately something that Tool-fans play with.
^
This
Old 11-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
Jedi Master

Quote:
LOL, that was a nice combo.

But....
Quote:
So song combining is definately something that Tool-fans play with.
^
This
11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
lol, DJ's do this for a living
Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
lol, DJ's do this for a living

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply