Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
jevons
03-30-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
You didn't happen to go by the name Lipan Conjuring in another forum did you?
Never touched the internet except to pay bills until Feb.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #121
Banned.

Bincount™: 779
Re: 10,000 Days is still a hoax

Quote:
You didn't happen to go by the name Lipan Conjuring in another forum did you?
Never touched the internet except to pay bills until Feb.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM

Opiate Son wins Rookie of the Thread. *applause, shiney object is dispensed*

You all want to know what i asked Santa for this Christmas?
Shotguns. Big. Hairy. Shotguns.

If tool was going to give us a hoax album, they would have filled the case with sand, making you go back to the store to pick up the real album on the day.

This, if admitted to now, is career suicide.

I don't know if you guys know this, but there was a really long tour in place, and people payed good money, and money isn't free, so, all the real fans would get pissed and be like ''fuck tool, i'm not buying anything else from those dicks.''

Thus ending the greatest musical careers since... ever for a stupid joke.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #122
Banned.

If tool was going to give us a hoax album, they would have filled the case with sand, making you go back to the store to pick up the real album on the day.

I don't know if you guys know this, but there was a really long tour in place, and people payed good money, and money isn't free, so, all the real fans would get pissed and be like ''fuck tool, i'm not buying anything else from those dicks.''

OFFLINE |  
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
03-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post

SCORE!!!! I can't wait to see some dumbass try to argue this point, well played Jevons!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #123
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:

SCORE!!!! I can't wait to see some dumbass try to argue this point, well played Jevons!
03-30-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Yes, but career suicide would be openly endorsed by the likes of "anti-comercializm" TOOL.

...and I'm no dumbass.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #124
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Quote:

Yes, but career suicide would be openly endorsed by the likes of "anti-comercializm" TOOL.

...and I'm no dumbass.
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post

...and I'm no dumbass.
Yeah right. They want more money as much as the next person.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #125
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:

...and I'm no dumbass.
OFFLINE |  
tomhet
03-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Yeah, no hoax this time around, but freaking terrible CD ***. I even sold my copy, I don't want anything to do with such a stupid piece of garbage. And I doubt tool could ever commit artistic suicide even if they wanted to, there's always dumb kids that support them blindly. I'll just forget that there ever was a tool song with a line like: Monkey killing monkey...
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #126
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Yeah, no hoax this time around, but freaking terrible CD ***. I even sold my copy, I don't want anything to do with such a stupid piece of garbage. And I doubt tool could ever commit artistic suicide even if they wanted to, there's always dumb kids that support them blindly. I'll just forget that there ever was a tool song with a line like: Monkey killing monkey...
OFFLINE |  
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
03-31-2007, 01:40 AM

wait im really really really confused...

your not really serious are you? like i thought this was some silley,perhaps a little lame, attempt a piss take. but some peoplem here seem to be getting honestly amped up, and im tired enough to fear that iv missed the point..
if you really are serious, then thats great, you've made me feel so much better about myself and my inteligence :).
Old 03-31-2007, 01:40 AM   #127
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

wait im really really really confused...

your not really serious are you? like i thought this was some silley,perhaps a little lame, attempt a piss take. but some peoplem here seem to be getting honestly amped up, and im tired enough to fear that iv missed the point..
if you really are serious, then thats great, you've made me feel so much better about myself and my inteligence :).
OFFLINE |  
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
03-31-2007, 04:18 AM

Just wait until tomorrow when they will announce that the album is real, and then we'll know the truth.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:18 AM   #128
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Just wait until tomorrow when they will announce that the album is real, and then we'll know the truth.
04-01-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
I really really hope that the April fool's joke this year goes like this:

"Last year's April fool's was 10KD; the real album is coming out 4/23!!!!"

And then they come back on the 23rd and say

"APRIL FOOL'S YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE PHILISTINE FUCKS."
I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #129
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
I really really hope that the April fool's joke this year goes like this:

"Last year's April fool's was 10KD; the real album is coming out 4/23!!!!"

And then they come back on the 23rd and say

"APRIL FOOL'S YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE PHILISTINE FUCKS."
I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like that.
OFFLINE |  
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
04-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
The most elaborate ever. April 1st will reveal the whole plot. The album was meant to be hoax from the beginning, the songs were meant to confuse people leaking the album, but when it turned out pretty well, they decided to put more effort into it and release it. They have given us many clues. 10,000 Days is mocking 10,000 Fists and the fact that bands like Disturbed and Godsmack have made a career out of ripping off Tool ( I know the correlation to Maynard's Mom, but that is just silly). The green laser show is identical to Godsmack's tour back in 03-04 IDENTICAL!!!!, No new website, No new videos, Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books, the numerous references to the number 11, "two becoming one", and the general feeling that 10,000 days was just half of the puzzle, the horrible recording technique on 10,000 days (I've never heard tape hissing on any of their other albums when new parts come in and out of the song ie- Jambi when Danny's drum part starts at the beginning of the first verse.) Not to mention Blair's numerous "sarcastic" references to the hoax album blah, blah, blah. Oh and also the fact that 10,000 days is so uneven and lacking any sort of flow. It just feels wrong. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!!!!

Mark my words.... Something is coming. We are meant to sense it within the collective unconscious. They are testing us. Plus they realized how cool it was for Tarantino to split up Kill Bill and stagger the release, along with the last System of a Down album. IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!!!!

If anyone was gonna pull this shit, it would be Tool.
YOU WILL BE CRUCIFIED
Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #130
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
The most elaborate ever. April 1st will reveal the whole plot. The album was meant to be hoax from the beginning, the songs were meant to confuse people leaking the album, but when it turned out pretty well, they decided to put more effort into it and release it. They have given us many clues. 10,000 Days is mocking 10,000 Fists and the fact that bands like Disturbed and Godsmack have made a career out of ripping off Tool ( I know the correlation to Maynard's Mom, but that is just silly). The green laser show is identical to Godsmack's tour back in 03-04 IDENTICAL!!!!, No new website, No new videos, Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books, the numerous references to the number 11, "two becoming one", and the general feeling that 10,000 days was just half of the puzzle, the horrible recording technique on 10,000 days (I've never heard tape hissing on any of their other albums when new parts come in and out of the song ie- Jambi when Danny's drum part starts at the beginning of the first verse.) Not to mention Blair's numerous "sarcastic" references to the hoax album blah, blah, blah. Oh and also the fact that 10,000 days is so uneven and lacking any sort of flow. It just feels wrong. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!!!!

Mark my words.... Something is coming. We are meant to sense it within the collective unconscious. They are testing us. Plus they realized how cool it was for Tarantino to split up Kill Bill and stagger the release, along with the last System of a Down album. IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!!!!

If anyone was gonna pull this shit, it would be Tool.
YOU WILL BE CRUCIFIED
OFFLINE |  
jevons
04-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhet View Post
Ok, before i recommend anyone swallow cleaning products, lemme just say i never called benjamin a dumbass, i quite like his style, in a very non-gay way.
Second, i like 10,000 Days. I like it lots.

So much that i have decided to name each and every child i create ''product of stupid dualistic ape'' as an act of contrition, since we are all one and in fact then it is me who is the foolish twat who thinks this is a hoax.
Us being one, it is me who thinks this is a hoax. I am at fault, it is my fault. I can't bear the pain of living one second longer, i am so stupid. Stupid.
How can i love what i think is fake?
How can i exist within such a poaradox?
How did the Romans get that third row of oars on the triremes?

These are now questions for the afterlife, i am spent.

I am Romeo.
I am Juliet.

Goodbye cruel world.

*sigh*
Old 04-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #131
Banned.

Quote:
Ok, before i recommend anyone swallow cleaning products, lemme just say i never called benjamin a dumbass, i quite like his style, in a very non-gay way.
Second, i like 10,000 Days. I like it lots.

So much that i have decided to name each and every child i create ''product of stupid dualistic ape'' as an act of contrition, since we are all one and in fact then it is me who is the foolish twat who thinks this is a hoax.
Us being one, it is me who thinks this is a hoax. I am at fault, it is my fault. I can't bear the pain of living one second longer, i am so stupid. Stupid.
How can i love what i think is fake?
How can i exist within such a poaradox?
How did the Romans get that third row of oars on the triremes?

These are now questions for the afterlife, i am spent.

I am Romeo.
I am Juliet.

Goodbye cruel world.

*sigh*
OFFLINE |  
04-01-2007, 10:48 AM

haha

tomhet is a bit overopinionated.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #132
Banned.

haha

tomhet is a bit overopinionated.
OFFLINE |  
Pure As We Begin's Avatar Pure As We Begin
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM

In an interview Tool did back in the day, around the release and tour of Undertow, Maynard said something along the lines of:

"We're pretty happy where we are right now. If this whole thing ends up getting too big we'll probably just sabotage it and move on to something else."

I wish I could find the clip...it's on YouTube somewhere. I think it was a French TV show they did the interview on.

That being said, I still don't think the album was a hoax. I just thought it was relevant to this thread.

Everyone just wants so bad for more new Tool music that they are willing to abandon a great piece of music that they have right in front of them, just so they have something "new".
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #133
Level 4 - Thinker

In an interview Tool did back in the day, around the release and tour of Undertow, Maynard said something along the lines of:

"We're pretty happy where we are right now. If this whole thing ends up getting too big we'll probably just sabotage it and move on to something else."

I wish I could find the clip...it's on YouTube somewhere. I think it was a French TV show they did the interview on.

That being said, I still don't think the album was a hoax. I just thought it was relevant to this thread.

Everyone just wants so bad for more new Tool music that they are willing to abandon a great piece of music that they have right in front of them, just so they have something "new".
OFFLINE |  
jevons
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Don't try to stop me...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #134
Banned.

Don't try to stop me...
OFFLINE |  
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay View Post

AND they know how to get it and NOT sellout... ie; career suicide is in the repertoire.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #135
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay View Post

AND they know how to get it and NOT sellout... ie; career suicide is in the repertoire.
04-01-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
And I doubt tool could ever commit artistic suicide even if they wanted to, there's always dumb kids that support them blindly....
It's hard to beleive this post had any sense in it, but that's my point right there.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #136
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
And I doubt tool could ever commit artistic suicide even if they wanted to, there's always dumb kids that support them blindly....
It's hard to beleive this post had any sense in it, but that's my point right there.
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I never called benji a dumbass...
No, I know. That's just me being the Libra I am...

;)

Last edited by benjamin; 04-01-2007 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: :nosaeR
Old 04-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #137
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Quote:
I never called benji a dumbass...

;)

Last edited by benjamin; 04-01-2007 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: :nosaeR
OFFLINE |  
jevons
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM

Don't try to stop me... the knife is slipping.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #138
Banned.

Don't try to stop me... the knife is slipping.
OFFLINE |  
04-02-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:

;)
I wasn't calling you a dumbass, it was really meant towards the whole hoax theory in general. I just think it's time to let it go and enjoy what we have, which is an amazing record.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #139
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

;)
I wasn't calling you a dumbass, it was really meant towards the whole hoax theory in general. I just think it's time to let it go and enjoy what we have, which is an amazing record.
04-02-2007, 10:25 AM

The knife is slipping...

ag, aggggggggg.

"Is love a tender thing? It is too rough,
Too rude, too boist'rous; and it pricks like a thorn.''

ah.

ahhhhh.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #140
Banned.

The knife is slipping...

ag, aggggggggg.

ah.

ahhhhh.
OFFLINE |  
04-02-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
The knife is slipping...

ag, aggggggggg.

ah.

ahhhhh.
Don't give up! This place would be boring without you. Plus, you know Tool would announce a live dvd right after.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #141
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
The knife is slipping...

ag, aggggggggg.

ah.

ahhhhh.
Don't give up! This place would be boring without you. Plus, you know Tool would announce a live dvd right after.
04-02-2007, 09:33 PM

This is an insainathon...

:(
Old 04-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #142
Level 8 - Vociferous

This is an insainathon...

:(
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM

wait...I see something even more disturbing when I study all the songs every second of every day. EARTH IS A HOAX. Life and death is nonexistant!! we are all just an imagination of ourselves!!...oh my god guys thats what this album is saying!! BILL HICKS IS STILL ALIVE. He lives in jamaica, MON!and...omg...maynard likes nachos?!!?!!?!?! IT'S ALL THERE!! read between the lines

seriously though there is no hoax and there are no secret messages. 10,000 days is just an album. move on. read a book. take a hit of acid...something but for the love of all that is sacred SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

:)
Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #143
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76

wait...I see something even more disturbing when I study all the songs every second of every day. EARTH IS A HOAX. Life and death is nonexistant!! we are all just an imagination of ourselves!!...oh my god guys thats what this album is saying!! BILL HICKS IS STILL ALIVE. He lives in jamaica, MON!and...omg...maynard likes nachos?!!?!!?!?! IT'S ALL THERE!! read between the lines

seriously though there is no hoax and there are no secret messages. 10,000 days is just an album. move on. read a book. take a hit of acid...something but for the love of all that is sacred SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

paraflux
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM

jevons tends to have that effect on me as well...
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #144
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

OFFLINE |  
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux View Post
Indeed.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #145
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux View Post
Indeed.
04-03-2007, 12:42 PM

I've read pages 1, 3, and 4. I feel as if I've been through nuclear fallout and my fingers and toes are fused together like a duck's feet. Should I swim?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #146
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 145

I've read pages 1, 3, and 4. I feel as if I've been through nuclear fallout and my fingers and toes are fused together like a duck's feet. Should I swim?
OFFLINE |  
Cpt_insano_2k7
04-04-2007, 06:59 AM

When i first listened to this album, I remember thinking that something was amiss. It seemed as though songs like Vicarious, The Pot, Rosetta stoned, Right in two, all of them really, just werent "TOOL". I remember a fleeting moment when i thought "wow, i wonder if this(album) was just meant to stir people up?"

Then i listened to Opiate, followed by Undertow, followed by Aenima, followed by Lateralus, and i found myself wondering "what other possible direction could they, or would they, have gone?"

Seriously, look at the messages they have been dropping on us since their debut. What have we done to respond? to show we understand? NOTHING!!!! GOOD god people, you are all wasting your lives away trying to come to one unified agreement over lyrics, meanings of the artwork, secret puzzles, track combinations, when in all reality, it dosnt FUCKING matter does it?

heres my advice, LISTEN to the album, use your minds and think about what you are listening to, and stop this non-sense! how about you go read a book on time travel, go back in time to when maynard was in his teens and tell him that he shouldnt make 10,000 days in 20 years. Wouldnt that be a much better way to spend your time than to do something constructive? of course it would.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #147
Level 2 - Poster

When i first listened to this album, I remember thinking that something was amiss. It seemed as though songs like Vicarious, The Pot, Rosetta stoned, Right in two, all of them really, just werent "TOOL". I remember a fleeting moment when i thought "wow, i wonder if this(album) was just meant to stir people up?"

Then i listened to Opiate, followed by Undertow, followed by Aenima, followed by Lateralus, and i found myself wondering "what other possible direction could they, or would they, have gone?"

Seriously, look at the messages they have been dropping on us since their debut. What have we done to respond? to show we understand? NOTHING!!!! GOOD god people, you are all wasting your lives away trying to come to one unified agreement over lyrics, meanings of the artwork, secret puzzles, track combinations, when in all reality, it dosnt FUCKING matter does it?

heres my advice, LISTEN to the album, use your minds and think about what you are listening to, and stop this non-sense! how about you go read a book on time travel, go back in time to when maynard was in his teens and tell him that he shouldnt make 10,000 days in 20 years. Wouldnt that be a much better way to spend your time than to do something constructive? of course it would.
OFFLINE |  
04-04-2007, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post

what's up, my man?!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #148
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post

what's up, my man?!
OFFLINE |  
kanye is crazy
04-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Evidence?
Old 04-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #149
Level 3 - Talker

Evidence?
OFFLINE |  
dancingflame
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM

heres my advice, LISTEN to the album, use your minds and think about what you are listening to, and stop this non-sense!

RIGHT ! ! !
i can`t believe all this crap...if I hit your nose with my fist it`s just one half, because my other fist is going to break your skull...so far you`re right :)

peace!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #150
Level 7 - Loquacious

heres my advice, LISTEN to the album, use your minds and think about what you are listening to, and stop this non-sense!

RIGHT ! ! !
i can`t believe all this crap...if I hit your nose with my fist it`s just one half, because my other fist is going to break your skull...so far you`re right :)

peace!
OFFLINE |  
judas
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM

10 000 days is an great album. end.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #151
Level 2 - Poster

OFFLINE |  
04-09-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas
period.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #152
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas
period.
OFFLINE |  
04-09-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas View Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #153
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas View Post
04-11-2007, 08:19 AM

It must be frustating for the band that their new album sucks so hard that people can't believe its real
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #154
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

It must be frustating for the band that their new album sucks so hard that people can't believe its real
OFFLINE |  
04-11-2007, 08:23 AM

its even harder for them to have fans like yourself...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #155
Banned.

its even harder for them to have fans like yourself...
OFFLINE |  
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
04-11-2007, 09:39 AM

No, I think they've come to accept it. Tool knows that most of the people who show up to their live shows are meatheads...if they actually took offense to dipshit Tool fans, they'd stop playing most of the US.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #156
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

No, I think they've come to accept it. Tool knows that most of the people who show up to their live shows are meatheads...if they actually took offense to dipshit Tool fans, they'd stop playing most of the US.
04-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
lol, oh so true.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #157
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
lol, oh so true.
04-11-2007, 10:40 AM

beside the point.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #158
Banned.

beside the point.
OFFLINE |  
04-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote: