User Name
Password
Closed Thread
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
03-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
just enjoy your drugs asshole.
Well, if you don't like it, you just don't like it.

But saying that you don't like album because it doesn't flow together is a bad reason, ***.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #81
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: 10,000 Days is still a hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
just enjoy your drugs asshole.
Well, if you don't like it, you just don't like it.

But saying that you don't like album because it doesn't flow together is a bad reason, ***.
03-23-2007, 06:58 AM

^^Ha ha. Aster-axe your ***! Another one bites the dust. *** ...***!!

w t f !

Stop calling 10,000 Days chicken Mcnuggets!!! It doesn't matter if you like them, it's still not a cop-out-compliment! At the very least drop the Mcshittles reference. Fast-food~Fat-youths~Bad metophore, ***. Nothing TOOL has ever done is garbage (like fast food is).

Uhh ...I got nothin. Later.

...jevons rocks.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 AM   #82
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

^^Ha ha. Aster-axe your ***! Another one bites the dust. *** ...***!!

w t f !

Stop calling 10,000 Days chicken Mcnuggets!!! It doesn't matter if you like them, it's still not a cop-out-compliment! At the very least drop the Mcshittles reference. Fast-food~Fat-youths~Bad metophore, ***. Nothing TOOL has ever done is garbage (like fast food is).

Uhh ...I got nothin. Later.

...jevons rocks.

03-23-2007, 07:28 AM

I can't believe that this hoax talk is still going on :S
Old 03-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #83
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

I can't believe that this hoax talk is still going on :S
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM

Anyone noticed THE GUY RAN AWAY? We did it. The last of the Hoaxhecians is finally naught but a scalpshade.

And Plexus, with the ''this album is very albumy.'' Gold.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #84
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Anyone noticed THE GUY RAN AWAY? We did it. The last of the Hoaxhecians is finally naught but a scalpshade.

And Plexus, with the ''this album is very albumy.'' Gold.
OFFLINE |  
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
03-24-2007, 03:57 AM

Reading comprehension: I never said I didn't like the album. Read my posts. (supra) It's just that as time has gone on, listening to the "album," 10,000 Days, I increasingly realize that it lacks an album feel for me. Whether it feels like a cohesive album has nothing to with whether I like it or not. Maybe I should mention that this realization came about as I've listened to the McAlbum almost every day since I got it. And, by the way, kids are getting fat from listening to it. It's high in trans fat. None of this really matters anyway since it isn't the real album.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:57 AM   #85
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Reading comprehension: I never said I didn't like the album. Read my posts. (supra) It's just that as time has gone on, listening to the "album," 10,000 Days, I increasingly realize that it lacks an album feel for me. Whether it feels like a cohesive album has nothing to with whether I like it or not. Maybe I should mention that this realization came about as I've listened to the McAlbum almost every day since I got it. And, by the way, kids are getting fat from listening to it. It's high in trans fat. None of this really matters anyway since it isn't the real album.
03-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice Breath View Post
McAlbum almost every day since I got it. And, by the way, kids are getting fat from listening to it. It's high in trans fat. None of this really matters anyway since it isn't the real album.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*double-fisted hair pulling ensues*
Old 03-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #86
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
McAlbum almost every day since I got it. And, by the way, kids are getting fat from listening to it. It's high in trans fat. None of this really matters anyway since it isn't the real album.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*double-fisted hair pulling ensues*
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM

has anyone noticed that the new tool logo kinda looks like fool, where the top of the t----continues to the l. I thought this would be the proper place to post such an observation.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #87
Banned.

Bincount™: 84

has anyone noticed that the new tool logo kinda looks like fool, where the top of the t----continues to the l. I thought this would be the proper place to post such an observation.
OFFLINE |  
alientool's Avatar alientool
03-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezuesanator View Post
no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)
Old 03-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #88
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)
OFFLINE |  
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Nope. No one noticed that as soon as it came out. Not at all.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #89
Prana

Quote:
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
point taken, but i think you missed mine.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #90
Banned.

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
03-25-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I've experienced the cold hard fact that sarcasm just doesn't come through very effectively through this medium. I should probably have more faith in people, but . . .

As a matter of fact, I've experienced it with almost exactly the same type of post.
My bad.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 AM   #91
Prana

Quote:
Yeah, I've experienced the cold hard fact that sarcasm just doesn't come through very effectively through this medium. I should probably have more faith in people, but . . .

As a matter of fact, I've experienced it with almost exactly the same type of post.
My bad.
03-25-2007, 07:49 AM

Everyone, save for benjamin and that delightful plexus, always with the cleverness, could you all just step into my office; close the door behind you, i know it's cramped, but just shut the door. We wo't be in here very long.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING FIRED. Please note the yellow hazard signs upon exit. Kathy has your paycheques at the front desk.

No hoax. If we get another album, maybe it'll be on dissectional (independent of), which might break off into it's own little thing, like Reznor did with nothig, before mister John Malm Jr. fucked him over and stole money.

Attention/Attentión/Achtung

no hoax.
Cette albume ce n'est pas le hoax.
Pero no hoax.
Click click bloody click no hoax.
Dis albumen ist gud, ya?
Ichben ein Toollander.

Fuck this shit, fuck it right in the ear. I will fight you with my bare hands, ignorant swine!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #92
Banned.

Everyone, save for benjamin and that delightful plexus, always with the cleverness, could you all just step into my office; close the door behind you, i know it's cramped, but just shut the door. We wo't be in here very long.

YOU'RE ALL FUCKING FIRED. Please note the yellow hazard signs upon exit. Kathy has your paycheques at the front desk.

No hoax. If we get another album, maybe it'll be on dissectional (independent of), which might break off into it's own little thing, like Reznor did with nothig, before mister John Malm Jr. fucked him over and stole money.

no hoax.
Pero no hoax.
Dis albumen ist gud, ya?
Ichben ein Toollander.

Fuck this shit, fuck it right in the ear. I will fight you with my bare hands, ignorant swine!!!
OFFLINE |  
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
03-25-2007, 09:09 PM

^^See guys, a little brown nosing; keep your job... nyaa nyaa nyaa!!

i HEREBY HEX the WHOLE HOAX HOOPLA HYPOTHESIS!! *3 x fast*

There, what's done is done.

Now, I can't help but ask myself. Might this be a little like Outkasts Speakerbox/The Love Below?
O.K. heres a band that has a whole "last album ...they're breaking up!" whirlwind. Then the album comes out and it's just that they split the difference so to speak. One disc for Andre Benjamins' muse, and another for Big Bois'. In the end everything between the two (as far as I know) is peaches.

Now back to TOOL. It just seems that a valid sticking point to the "this isn't all of it" theory is that the entire album can seemingly be directly linked with Judith. Not just like...

"O.K., it is the lead singers ma, and she did just recently pass/"ascend".

Man, it seems to be a little over the top. I feel like asking "how did the rest of the band feel about an entire 80 min tribute to J.M. Jeesh? They really love their Nard."

Anyway, shit! I'd love to have a nice fat 2nd disc come out this year. But, I'd never consider it to be "the real" one to 10,000 Days' "hoax". 10,000 Days is as "real" as they come.

Peace.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #93
Level 8 - Vociferous

^^See guys, a little brown nosing; keep your job... nyaa nyaa nyaa!!

i HEREBY HEX the WHOLE HOAX HOOPLA HYPOTHESIS!! *3 x fast*

There, what's done is done.

Now, I can't help but ask myself. Might this be a little like Outkasts Speakerbox/The Love Below?
O.K. heres a band that has a whole "last album ...they're breaking up!" whirlwind. Then the album comes out and it's just that they split the difference so to speak. One disc for Andre Benjamins' muse, and another for Big Bois'. In the end everything between the two (as far as I know) is peaches.

Now back to TOOL. It just seems that a valid sticking point to the "this isn't all of it" theory is that the entire album can seemingly be directly linked with Judith. Not just like...

"O.K., it is the lead singers ma, and she did just recently pass/"ascend".

Man, it seems to be a little over the top. I feel like asking "how did the rest of the band feel about an entire 80 min tribute to J.M. Jeesh? They really love their Nard."

Anyway, shit! I'd love to have a nice fat 2nd disc come out this year. But, I'd never consider it to be "the real" one to 10,000 Days' "hoax". 10,000 Days is as "real" as they come.

Peace.
03-25-2007, 10:19 PM

I see what you guys are saying. I think it's fucking bullshit when people call this album a hoax.

It seems like everytime a new Tool album comes out there's always these people who express their dismay in the content by saying shit like "Sounds just like APC." or "No cursing. Not as angry. They sold out." or "It's just not like they're other albums. [spoken sadly of course]" or my favorite "Not as much titty flashing at concerts, so they suck."

Get over yourselves people. The album IS what it IS. If you don't like it, you don't have to espouse hyperbolic negatory opinions about the album.

I say "hyperbolic" you noticed. Well, isn't it about the most fucking exaggerated statement anyone could make: "The whole album is a hoax afterall! Happy day! The "real" one is coming out next month!!"

Get over your own pathetic denial. That's bullshit, and if only in the furthest recesses of your brain, you fucking know it.

As far as Maynard having a whole album tributed to Judith and the being selfish bit.

I'm at a loss. I guess we should want to know Danny's mother's story? Or maybe Adam's?!? Who's the lyricist here? The 'Nard. He's the one pushing the messages through his choice of words. He's providing ideas, and I'm sure the rest of Tool has helped him arrive at those ideas. Point is, I want to hear his story. Why do you take advice from a close friend or family member over some random insightful wanker? Answer: You know their personal story. You know what made them arrive at the conclusions they did and why they chose a particular course of action.

The musical ideas and movements are just as if not more important than the words. Don't forget this. The other three are offering us an almost orchestrial progressive performance. Maynard's just reacting to the feelings the other three have aroused in him thorugh their music. So they're having a much more powerful influence than one would think. Maynard himself has stressed that he is a highly "reactional" artist.

Has this cleared up anything? Maybe a little?? So you don't like the new album... that MUST mean they're making one for YOU to love.

Haven't we at least learned that Tool's music requires YOU, as the listener, to come around. It's not like the band is trying to fulfill a wet dream of what you think they're supposed to be with the "next" album because the previous one was just a joke.

If I was a member of Tool and read a lot of these statements on T.D.N. I would be fucking offended as Hell. Here they are pouring out their hearts as they always have and people say shit like their last five years of works was "a joke." here. I think that would zapp a lot of the spirit out of me.

Here we are supposed to be some of Tool's greatest fans, and we say shit like that. If you've read a post here and you're about to sing for Tool that night and you've read that some people think "You're being selfish for singing too much about your mother." and "You're sounding too much like APC" or "They'll never sound like Aenima again." I know I'd be in a weird place.

Just enjoy the music, settle down on the bickering, and let the sonic waves wash over you're body as Tool tries to "change" you through that experience. And Yes, they will have that effect if you're willing to be receptive enough.

-Cheese
Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #94
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I see what you guys are saying. I think it's fucking bullshit when people call this album a hoax.

It seems like everytime a new Tool album comes out there's always these people who express their dismay in the content by saying shit like "Sounds just like APC." or "No cursing. Not as angry. They sold out." or "It's just not like they're other albums. [spoken sadly of course]" or my favorite "Not as much titty flashing at concerts, so they suck."

Get over yourselves people. The album IS what it IS. If you don't like it, you don't have to espouse hyperbolic negatory opinions about the album.

I say "hyperbolic" you noticed. Well, isn't it about the most fucking exaggerated statement anyone could make: "The whole album is a hoax afterall! Happy day! The "real" one is coming out next month!!"

Get over your own pathetic denial. That's bullshit, and if only in the furthest recesses of your brain, you fucking know it.

As far as Maynard having a whole album tributed to Judith and the being selfish bit.

I'm at a loss. I guess we should want to know Danny's mother's story? Or maybe Adam's?!? Who's the lyricist here? The 'Nard. He's the one pushing the messages through his choice of words. He's providing ideas, and I'm sure the rest of Tool has helped him arrive at those ideas. Point is, I want to hear his story. Why do you take advice from a close friend or family member over some random insightful wanker? Answer: You know their personal story. You know what made them arrive at the conclusions they did and why they chose a particular course of action.

The musical ideas and movements are just as if not more important than the words. Don't forget this. The other three are offering us an almost orchestrial progressive performance. Maynard's just reacting to the feelings the other three have aroused in him thorugh their music. So they're having a much more powerful influence than one would think. Maynard himself has stressed that he is a highly "reactional" artist.

Has this cleared up anything? Maybe a little?? So you don't like the new album... that MUST mean they're making one for YOU to love.

Haven't we at least learned that Tool's music requires YOU, as the listener, to come around. It's not like the band is trying to fulfill a wet dream of what you think they're supposed to be with the "next" album because the previous one was just a joke.

If I was a member of Tool and read a lot of these statements on T.D.N. I would be fucking offended as Hell. Here they are pouring out their hearts as they always have and people say shit like their last five years of works was "a joke." here. I think that would zapp a lot of the spirit out of me.

Here we are supposed to be some of Tool's greatest fans, and we say shit like that. If you've read a post here and you're about to sing for Tool that night and you've read that some people think "You're being selfish for singing too much about your mother." and "You're sounding too much like APC" or "They'll never sound like Aenima again." I know I'd be in a weird place.

Just enjoy the music, settle down on the bickering, and let the sonic waves wash over you're body as Tool tries to "change" you through that experience. And Yes, they will have that effect if you're willing to be receptive enough.

-Cheese
OFFLINE |  
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
03-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Sometimes it's difficult for people to cope with the loss of a loved one.

Quote:
settle down on the bickering, and let the sonic waves wash over you're body as Tool tries to "change" you through that experience
*sings the intro to the pot and feels super [no] about it*

Last edited by paraflux; 03-26-2007 at 07:08 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #95
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
Sometimes it's difficult for people to cope with the loss of a loved one.

Quote:
settle down on the bickering, and let the sonic waves wash over you're body as Tool tries to "change" you through that experience
*sings the intro to the pot and feels super [no] about it*

Last edited by paraflux; 03-26-2007 at 07:08 AM..
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-26-2007, 05:59 AM

I stared at a Christmas tree for an entire day once in December, feeling used and fake. I don't get the same feeling when i listen to 10,000 days.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #96
Banned.

I stared at a Christmas tree for an entire day once in December, feeling used and fake. I don't get the same feeling when i listen to 10,000 days.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-26-2007, 06:42 AM

just another moving plastic nativity scene around the base.
sigh.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #97
Banned.

just another moving plastic nativity scene around the base.
sigh.
OFFLINE |  
Cheesegreater
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Cute quips guys.

Is T.D.N. nothing than an avenue for people to come up with catchy replies?

Anyone read the post? I guess everyone here is extremely dissatisfied with the newest album. In which case, at least don't waste space on the 10,000 section on this site.

*waits for more cute & witty one-liners*
Old 03-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #98
Level 8 - Vociferous

Cute quips guys.

Anyone read the post? I guess everyone here is extremely dissatisfied with the newest album. In which case, at least don't waste space on the 10,000 section on this site.

OFFLINE |  
Cheesegreater
03-26-2007, 11:14 AM

Everytime someone posts here you have to swim through a thick veil of sarcasm. The egos here are truly monumental sometimes.

Why don't all you guys get together in a circle-jerk and talk about how Tool sold out and changed and will never be the same/sound the same, etc etc etc.

As for me I'm seeing them in May. I think they're the best musical performance the globe has to offer right now. Funny thing is, I happen to know that a lot of folks here believe that as well, but I'll be damned if they don't have a list of critical things to say about Tool that's a mile long.

Ever consider that some of you guys are just "over" the Tool phase in your life? As in they simply will not/cannot captivate you anymore? I see a lot of wasted space on these forums these days.

Some of you guys are the harshest critics, yet you claim that Tool is your favorite. That's like saying "Yeah, "Waking Life" is my favorite movie of all time. Now if you'd just have a seat, I'd like to spend the whole day telling you what's wrong with it, and how I think it could be better."
Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #99
Level 8 - Vociferous

Everytime someone posts here you have to swim through a thick veil of sarcasm. The egos here are truly monumental sometimes.

Why don't all you guys get together in a circle-jerk and talk about how Tool sold out and changed and will never be the same/sound the same, etc etc etc.

As for me I'm seeing them in May. I think they're the best musical performance the globe has to offer right now. Funny thing is, I happen to know that a lot of folks here believe that as well, but I'll be damned if they don't have a list of critical things to say about Tool that's a mile long.

Ever consider that some of you guys are just "over" the Tool phase in your life? As in they simply will not/cannot captivate you anymore? I see a lot of wasted space on these forums these days.

Some of you guys are the harshest critics, yet you claim that Tool is your favorite. That's like saying "Yeah, "Waking Life" is my favorite movie of all time. Now if you'd just have a seat, I'd like to spend the whole day telling you what's wrong with it, and how I think it could be better."
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Cute quips guys.

Dude, you're in a thread started by a fucking **** sapiens sapiens who still thinks this album is fake.
Check out some other threads, i'm pretty sure i do other things than slap words around in here. In fact, i'm pretty sure i put you in your place a few times.

You wanna talk about Thoth? Or maybe the Dogons? How about this one, i'll try and think of a witty one-liner, and you try and guess it before i say it. It'll reconnect humans, so we can turn on a dime, like birds on the Savannah, or scools of fish in the oceans. Ready? Go.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

So i guess there's a long way to go after all.

A better idea: you say something brilliant, show us all how childish we're being by doing something truly original, truly haute Cheese.

*waits, waits, waits*

edit: i was among the first to respond negatively to this this ''thread'''s concept, so you can guess again, princess.

10,000 Days is their best work to date.

You know what i do with cheese, i eat it, usually after putting it under fire, flaming it, so to speak.

Last edited by jevons; 03-26-2007 at 12:33 PM..
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #100
Banned.

Quote:
Cute quips guys.

Dude, you're in a thread started by a fucking **** sapiens sapiens who still thinks this album is fake.
Check out some other threads, i'm pretty sure i do other things than slap words around in here. In fact, i'm pretty sure i put you in your place a few times.

You wanna talk about Thoth? Or maybe the Dogons? How about this one, i'll try and think of a witty one-liner, and you try and guess it before i say it. It'll reconnect humans, so we can turn on a dime, like birds on the Savannah, or scools of fish in the oceans. Ready? Go.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

So i guess there's a long way to go after all.

A better idea: you say something brilliant, show us all how childish we're being by doing something truly original, truly haute Cheese.

*waits, waits, waits*

edit: i was among the first to respond negatively to this this ''thread'''s concept, so you can guess again, princess.

10,000 Days is their best work to date.

You know what i do with cheese, i eat it, usually after putting it under fire, flaming it, so to speak.

Last edited by jevons; 03-26-2007 at 12:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
thezeusanator
03-26-2007, 08:03 PM

I don't think this album is a hoax but I think it is leading up to something much bigger than we could ever imagine from tool and we'll see it soon. Could just be wishful thinking, does anyone else feel this way, I mean this album kinda drizzles out leading up to maybe part two, Wings For Marie? I doubt that will be the title though.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #101
Banned.

I don't think this album is a hoax but I think it is leading up to something much bigger than we could ever imagine from tool and we'll see it soon. Could just be wishful thinking, does anyone else feel this way, I mean this album kinda drizzles out leading up to maybe part two, Wings For Marie? I doubt that will be the title though.
OFFLINE |  
Cheesegreater
03-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Forgive me not reading these threads everyday for the last year. Only been a couple of months for me. I just see the subject of the thread, write my response to that idea, but I forget you guys have already shared your feelings and responses to all these subjects a long time before me, and it pisses you off to have to reiterate your opinions.

Jevons you know damn well you could spared me all the bullshit before:

"I was one of the first to post about this not being a hoax"

"10,000 Days is their best album to date" etc.

Glad to hear your opinions at the end there but you had to flame the fuck out of me first.

Know the significance behind the Flower of Life? It's um... this crystal ball, that um tells you that the last Tool album was a hoax.

Guys. I was just sharing the emotions this thread's subject (10,000 Days is STILL a hoax) aroused in me. But Jevons, all I can say is, thank you for setting me straight again. You're always there to steer me in the right direction. It's just plain stupid of me not to read all the previous pages of all the threads I post in a make note of who said what first and when.

I guess I don't contribute anything intellectual to these threads either. I guess... you're right all the way around. I wish I could offer something that would stimulate a brain like yours but my own is far too inferior. I know you'll be happy to hear this, Jevons.

And I apologize for my name as well. It's a stupid name. I wish I could have thought of something more imaginative. I mean, it's not like there's a story behind a rediculous name like Cheesegreater.

I need to work on my one-liners. I think the formula is something like: Make an observation. Tell another why their's is shit, and end with a clever rim-shot joke. Whosoever's one-liner is the funniest/most sarcastic/absurd/ironic wins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think 10,000 Days is my second favorite. Lateralus would be first for me.

Tool began attracting a more varied audience with Lateralus, and they stuck with that feel a little with 10,000 days. A lot of people starting turning their heads when Lateralus came about cause the band did change on some levels. Now those same type of people who turned their heads are sticking the heads in the dirt ostrich-style waiting for the next Aenima.

I know this has probably already been shared. Again, I apologize.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:54 AM   #102
Level 8 - Vociferous

Forgive me not reading these threads everyday for the last year. Only been a couple of months for me. I just see the subject of the thread, write my response to that idea, but I forget you guys have already shared your feelings and responses to all these subjects a long time before me, and it pisses you off to have to reiterate your opinions.

Jevons you know damn well you could spared me all the bullshit before:

"I was one of the first to post about this not being a hoax"

"10,000 Days is their best album to date" etc.

Glad to hear your opinions at the end there but you had to flame the fuck out of me first.

Know the significance behind the Flower of Life? It's um... this crystal ball, that um tells you that the last Tool album was a hoax.

Guys. I was just sharing the emotions this thread's subject (10,000 Days is STILL a hoax) aroused in me. But Jevons, all I can say is, thank you for setting me straight again. You're always there to steer me in the right direction. It's just plain stupid of me not to read all the previous pages of all the threads I post in a make note of who said what first and when.

I guess I don't contribute anything intellectual to these threads either. I guess... you're right all the way around. I wish I could offer something that would stimulate a brain like yours but my own is far too inferior. I know you'll be happy to hear this, Jevons.

And I apologize for my name as well. It's a stupid name. I wish I could have thought of something more imaginative. I mean, it's not like there's a story behind a rediculous name like Cheesegreater.

I need to work on my one-liners. I think the formula is something like: Make an observation. Tell another why their's is shit, and end with a clever rim-shot joke. Whosoever's one-liner is the funniest/most sarcastic/absurd/ironic wins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think 10,000 Days is my second favorite. Lateralus would be first for me.

Tool began attracting a more varied audience with Lateralus, and they stuck with that feel a little with 10,000 days. A lot of people starting turning their heads when Lateralus came about cause the band did change on some levels. Now those same type of people who turned their heads are sticking the heads in the dirt ostrich-style waiting for the next Aenima.

I know this has probably already been shared. Again, I apologize.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-27-2007, 08:25 AM

You weren'nay sharing, you were calling leafnaspleef and i childish. So i got bitter. And bitter i'll stay.

The name thing was a joke, dooders. Why apologize?

And i've been here as long as you have, Feb '07. I just fucking live here. Things are slow in the kitchen most days, so i just handle it from home.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #103
Banned.

You weren'nay sharing, you were calling leafnaspleef and i childish. So i got bitter. And bitter i'll stay.

The name thing was a joke, dooders. Why apologize?

And i've been here as long as you have, Feb '07. I just fucking live here. Things are slow in the kitchen most days, so i just handle it from home.
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM

chill the fuck out ok
Old 03-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #104
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

chill the fuck out ok
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-27-2007, 10:11 AM

*bows, understands*
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #105
Banned.

*bows, understands*
OFFLINE |  
paganman7's Avatar paganman7
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
haha I love the serious responses.

I was just thinking the same thing. I know it's difficult to adequately exhibit sarcasm over the interweb, but come on homies, you all think this guy is being serious?

I thouroughly enjoyed this thread, and all of your responses have made my day.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #106
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
haha I love the serious responses.

I was just thinking the same thing. I know it's difficult to adequately exhibit sarcasm over the interweb, but come on homies, you all think this guy is being serious?

I thouroughly enjoyed this thread, and all of your responses have made my day.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM

''I see myself as a kind, sensitive human being, but with the soul of a clown who keep ruining everything at the critical moment'' --Jim Morrison, for fibre.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #107
Banned.

''I see myself as a kind, sensitive human being, but with the soul of a clown who keep ruining everything at the critical moment'' --Jim Morrison, for fibre.
OFFLINE |  
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM

"jackoffalope" - Best word ever.

Thanks to the people on this thread for reminding me this is truly one of the strangest places on earth.

As Tool fans, being the comitted souls they are, will eventually cement Tools name in rock legend because in twenty years you will still be listening to this stuff while most bands of this era will have disappeared from collective memory, I wonder if this hoax theory will become a rock legend a la 'Paul McCartney is dead'.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #108
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

"jackoffalope" - Best word ever.

Thanks to the people on this thread for reminding me this is truly one of the strangest places on earth.

As Tool fans, being the comitted souls they are, will eventually cement Tools name in rock legend because in twenty years you will still be listening to this stuff while most bands of this era will have disappeared from collective memory, I wonder if this hoax theory will become a rock legend a la 'Paul McCartney is dead'.
OFFLINE |  
Cloudshaper's Avatar Cloudshaper
03-27-2007, 01:35 PM

This is Hoax Hoax thread! The threadstarter is just laughing at all the replies and how ridiculous long this thread has grown…
Old 03-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #109
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

This is Hoax Hoax thread! The threadstarter is just laughing at all the replies and how ridiculous long this thread has grown…
OFFLINE |  
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
03-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post

no hoax.
Pero no hoax.
Dis albumen ist gud, ya?
Ichben ein Toollander.

Since you just fired so many people i was wondering if i can get an application? I couldn't agree with you more!!! NO HOAX!!

p.s. You may want to give Kathy a little drug test, just a thought.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #110
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Quote:

no hoax.
Pero no hoax.
Dis albumen ist gud, ya?
Ichben ein Toollander.

Since you just fired so many people i was wondering if i can get an application? I couldn't agree with you more!!! NO HOAX!!

03-28-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post

Got any skills?

Cloudshaper, i mentioned that before. The dude was serious, though, in the beginning.

So, we'll need to move some desks around in here... and the pay might not be so good, since i fired most of the marketing dept....
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #111
Banned.

Quote:

Got any skills?

Cloudshaper, i mentioned that before. The dude was serious, though, in the beginning.

So, we'll need to move some desks around in here... and the pay might not be so good, since i fired most of the marketing dept....
OFFLINE |  
03-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Got any skills?

I can Breakdance to the sounds of the ocean....very well. I also once actually peed someone else's pants. I consider both to be skills.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #112
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Got any skills?

I can Breakdance to the sounds of the ocean....very well. I also once actually peed someone else's pants. I consider both to be skills.
03-28-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books
How come nobody brings this up? I started a thread about 6 months ago with a ton of information; and nobody cared. Some of the comparisons cannot be coincidental.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #113
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books
How come nobody brings this up? I started a thread about 6 months ago with a ton of information; and nobody cared. Some of the comparisons cannot be coincidental.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Meet the new vice Leader of the thread and campaign manager for Jevons for Leader '07.

You can pick up your ''Don't monkey with drugs'' buttong and official jumpsuit at your mailbox, along with your codename.

I really like what we've done with this thread, very, umm, social commentary.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #114
Banned.

Quote:
Meet the new vice Leader of the thread and campaign manager for Jevons for Leader '07.

You can pick up your ''Don't monkey with drugs'' buttong and official jumpsuit at your mailbox, along with your codename.

OFFLINE |  
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:

You didn't happen to go by the name Lipan Conjuring in another forum did you?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #115
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

You didn't happen to go by the name Lipan Conjuring in another forum did you?
03-28-2007, 07:07 PM

The problem is that the title of this thread is extremely misleading. The fact is that it is grossly inaccurate to say that "10,000 Days is STILL a hoax." The truth is that it is even MORE of a hoax now than it was when it first came out due to its unexpected popularity. Much in the same way the expansion of the universe is accelerating, the hoax is getting deeper and more widespread by the day because of our failure to properly disseminate the evidence therefor. Frankly, I'm ashamed for all of us.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #116
Prana

The problem is that the title of this thread is extremely misleading. The fact is that it is grossly inaccurate to say that "10,000 Days is STILL a hoax." The truth is that it is even MORE of a hoax now than it was when it first came out due to its unexpected popularity. Much in the same way the expansion of the universe is accelerating, the hoax is getting deeper and more widespread by the day because of our failure to properly disseminate the evidence therefor. Frankly, I'm ashamed for all of us.
03-28-2007, 07:22 PM

You seriously think it's more of a hoax? I haven't heard anyone in the real world consider this album a hoax since last May. Maybe 50 dumbasses have posted the same thing...but does that overrule the millions of other fans who know it's not a hoax?

Or does everyone you know in real life still think it's a hoax? I suppose it's possible.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #117
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

You seriously think it's more of a hoax? I haven't heard anyone in the real world consider this album a hoax since last May. Maybe 50 dumbasses have posted the same thing...but does that overrule the millions of other fans who know it's not a hoax?

Or does everyone you know in real life still think it's a hoax? I suppose it's possible.
03-29-2007, 09:55 AM

I asked my Magic 8 Ball if it was a hoax, got the response "NO CHANCE"
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 AM   #118
Level 8 - Vociferous

I asked my Magic 8 Ball if it was a hoax, got the response "NO CHANCE"
03-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Wow! Now I know why after an album drops I stop coming to these boards, If you people really put heart into these bullshit ideas. Go out and get a life, It's time you left the basement and get some sun, Its been a year now almost There are no new video's, Strange I know but just as well, Let this horse be dead 10,000 days is here its a great album, it does have certain flaws I was too was thinking bigger than this, But at the end of the day when the Moon rises and Jambi is kicking out your speakers and we have only a four more years to wait till this starts all over again.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 AM   #119
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Wow! Now I know why after an album drops I stop coming to these boards, If you people really put heart into these bullshit ideas. Go out and get a life, It's time you left the basement and get some sun, Its been a year now almost There are no new video's, Strange I know but just as well, Let this horse be dead 10,000 days is here its a great album, it does have certain flaws I was too was thinking bigger than this, But at the end of the day when the Moon rises and Jambi is kicking out your speakers and we have only a four more years to wait till this starts all over again.
OFFLINE |  
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
03-30-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Ok, could someone from the band please settle this once and for all??

Maynard, is the album a hoax?
If Maynard said "You guys are fuckin' nuts! Of course it aint a hoax!"

Some you guys would be like "Well...hes in on the hoax so thats what he would say."

Its a catch-22. This debate will never end.

I also wonder if Tool release another album in a few years will people be like "See...I told you it was a hoax" and pretend that 10,000 days never happened? I wouldnt be suprised.

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 03-30-2007 at 04:56 AM..
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 AM   #120
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Ok, could someone from the band please settle this once and for all??

Maynard, is the album a hoax?
If Maynard said "You guys are fuckin' nuts! Of course it aint a hoax!"

Some you guys would be like "Well...hes in on the hoax so thats what he would say."

Its a catch-22. This debate will never end.

I also wonder if Tool release another album in a few years will people be like "See...I told you it was a hoax" and pretend that 10,000 days never happened? I wouldnt be suprised.

Last edited by ArizonaBay; 03-30-2007 at 04:56 AM..
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply