Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
msbtool
05-03-2006, 12:02 AM

Ive been trying to get a few people to look at this for a little while now, but i thought i'd put out a thread to try to get a consensus on this thing. The yellow and blue picture of the faces and skulls right after Danny's pick seems to have some writing in the bottom right-hand corner. It is very very small, but it is definently there. A buddy of mine pointed this out to me, and while i see it i can't make out exactly what it says. he seems to be convinced that it says, "Fuck George Bush" and that seems to look right according to the spaces of the words and the number of letters, but i cant tell for sure by looking at it. Yall look at and tell me what you think.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:02 AM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Hidden Writing in the Yellow and Blue pic.

Ive been trying to get a few people to look at this for a little while now, but i thought i'd put out a thread to try to get a consensus on this thing. The yellow and blue picture of the faces and skulls right after Danny's pick seems to have some writing in the bottom right-hand corner. It is very very small, but it is definently there. A buddy of mine pointed this out to me, and while i see it i can't make out exactly what it says. he seems to be convinced that it says, "Fuck George Bush" and that seems to look right according to the spaces of the words and the number of letters, but i cant tell for sure by looking at it. Yall look at and tell me what you think.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CCD's Avatar CCD
05-03-2006, 12:09 AM

I think it says Kucinich 08.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
CCD
If nothing is everything I've got it all (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 5332
Re: Hidden Writing in the Yellow and Blue pic.

I think it says Kucinich 08.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
khz's Avatar khz
05-03-2006, 12:12 AM

I can see what you're talking about, but can't decypher it either. Looks to be around 3 words..
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
khz
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 1

I can see what you're talking about, but can't decypher it either. Looks to be around 3 words..
F!end's Avatar F!end
05-03-2006, 12:26 AM

Someone make a really-really large scan of the damn thing now! :D
Old 05-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Someone make a really-really large scan of the damn thing now! :D
05-03-2006, 12:27 AM

it says "if you can read this, you are too close"
Old 05-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
njm

it says "if you can read this, you are too close"
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
05-03-2006, 01:09 AM

wow, that writing is WAY too small, i can't believe anybody noticed it
Old 05-03-2006, 01:09 AM   #6

Bincount™: 4

wow, that writing is WAY too small, i can't believe anybody noticed it
SiGuy's Avatar SiGuy
05-03-2006, 01:25 AM

heh, i found more writing. on the first page (the logo) in the bottom left, in one of the squares near the border of the swirls there is a line of text, cant make it out, need a microscope for this.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 69

heh, i found more writing. on the first page (the logo) in the bottom left, in one of the squares near the border of the swirls there is a line of text, cant make it out, need a microscope for this.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
F!end's Avatar F!end
05-03-2006, 01:39 AM

I can't see that one.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #8

Bincount™: 7

I can't see that one.
05-03-2006, 02:24 AM

there's something in that logo pic, but not probably writing..
Old 05-03-2006, 02:24 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 706

there's something in that logo pic, but not probably writing..
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
05-03-2006, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGuy
Oh yeah, I actually can see that. I dunno how the hell you spotted that though. It's actually in one of the blue boxes with a swirl in it, the very bottom left one. I tilted the glasses forward to get more focus and magnification, and then suddenly the text jumped out. I can see the black text on the blue background, but it's impossible to read.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:51 AM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGuy
Oh yeah, I actually can see that. I dunno how the hell you spotted that though. It's actually in one of the blue boxes with a swirl in it, the very bottom left one. I tilted the glasses forward to get more focus and magnification, and then suddenly the text jumped out. I can see the black text on the blue background, but it's impossible to read.
dancingflame
05-03-2006, 03:03 AM

it`s an alex grey painting and it probavbly says ALEX GREY 2002 or something..maybe 2003
and its nothing else...
Old 05-03-2006, 03:03 AM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

it`s an alex grey painting and it probavbly says ALEX GREY 2002 or something..maybe 2003
and its nothing else...
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
05-03-2006, 03:17 AM

Yeah maybe, but I doubt that for two reasons:
a) If they required each of his pictures to have his name on them, surely the law is that they need to be CLEARLY legible, not somewhere hidden away.
b) He's mentioned in the linear notes anyway, and on Lateralus his name doesnt appear on each slide, because his name is in the linear notes too.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:17 AM   #12
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

a) If they required each of his pictures to have his name on them, surely the law is that they need to be CLEARLY legible, not somewhere hidden away.
b) He's mentioned in the linear notes anyway, and on Lateralus his name doesnt appear on each slide, because his name is in the linear notes too.
msbtool
05-03-2006, 03:39 AM

i still really can't figure it out, but i will say it looks like 3 words, 4 letters in the first, 5 or maybe 6 letters in the second word, and then 4 or maybe 3 letters in the third.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:39 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

i still really can't figure it out, but i will say it looks like 3 words, 4 letters in the first, 5 or maybe 6 letters in the second word, and then 4 or maybe 3 letters in the third.
ConqueringSun_of_Teegeack
05-03-2006, 06:49 AM

If you view the Bardobeing painting at his website, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, the writing is on all of them. I'm sure its his signature but even on the biggest file I found, I couldn't make it out zoomed in.

jc
Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

If you view the Bardobeing painting at his website, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, the writing is on all of them. I'm sure its his signature but even on the biggest file I found, I couldn't make it out zoomed in.

jc
05-03-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqueringSun_of_Teegeack

jc

Yeah, this is true. It is mostly likely just "Alex Grey 2002" or whatever the date is for copyright purposes. This painting is something that grey did a while back and was just kinda thrown into the booklet , there is absolutely no change to the image from the original painting other than placing in position for stereoscopic viewing. It then makes sense that some of the newer images specifically designed for the album do not have have this copyright information while this particular piece would. If anyhone finds anything out to the contrary, however, id be interested to find out. I love secret messages as much as the next guy. Long live the cult!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqueringSun_of_Teegeack

jc

Yeah, this is true. It is mostly likely just "Alex Grey 2002" or whatever the date is for copyright purposes. This painting is something that grey did a while back and was just kinda thrown into the booklet , there is absolutely no change to the image from the original painting other than placing in position for stereoscopic viewing. It then makes sense that some of the newer images specifically designed for the album do not have have this copyright information while this particular piece would. If anyhone finds anything out to the contrary, however, id be interested to find out. I love secret messages as much as the next guy. Long live the cult!
05-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Upon closer inspection I am almost positive the first word is Alex, so that would lead me to believe it is simply his sig. Not everything is as complex as it seems...
Old 05-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Upon closer inspection I am almost positive the first word is Alex, so that would lead me to believe it is simply his sig. Not everything is as complex as it seems...
Kev1326
05-03-2006, 10:48 AM

I see it, but fuck it's too small to read.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

I see it, but fuck it's too small to read.
eonphi's Avatar eonphi
05-03-2006, 10:53 AM

it'll be a signature
Old 05-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #18
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

it'll be a signature
CaseLogic
05-03-2006, 10:57 AM

lol @ people trying to make something out of nothing
Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

lol @ people trying to make something out of nothing
o00mega00's Avatar o00mega00
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM

All you have to do is go to alexgrey.com look at the pics, the same tiny indeciperable writing is on the painting in the exact same place. it was put there by alex grey, not tool
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #20

All you have to do is go to alexgrey.com look at the pics, the same tiny indeciperable writing is on the painting in the exact same place. it was put there by alex grey, not tool
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM

This is the best I could do with the equipment at hand...
http://www.annastasiaknights.com/junk/script.jpg
It really doesn't help. I've even tried sharpening tools. Oh well.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

eulogy09
05-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaminCoda
I looked at your link and even though it is hard to read, I think the second word starts with G.....you can see it better on the upper image.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaminCoda
I looked at your link and even though it is hard to read, I think the second word starts with G.....you can see it better on the upper image.
DrunkFunk
05-03-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny
Well usually when an artist finishes his art, he signs his painting in the bottom corner. So since these pictures are a copy from original pieces, this has nothing to do with the law.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Well usually when an artist finishes his art, he signs his painting in the bottom corner. So since these pictures are a copy from original pieces, this has nothing to do with the law.
Kev1326
05-04-2006, 05:36 AM

I believe it says Alex Grey Studios. That's all, no cryptic message or secret code telling you to wish Brooke Hogan a Happy 18th Birthday on Friday, or nothing.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:36 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

I believe it says Alex Grey Studios. That's all, no cryptic message or secret code telling you to wish Brooke Hogan a Happy 18th Birthday on Friday, or nothing.
Charlysays04
05-04-2006, 07:51 AM

ok i crapped myself when i saw this, but i could be reading into it to much, On the blue and yellow pics of the 3 faced head and the skulls, at the point in the middle where the two pictures should meet theres a gap...if you could push them together there seems to be a big alien/reptillian staring at you.... i'm not a fan of the reptillian theorys but this thing jumped out at me so....If you close your right eye and look through the left lens you can focus on it pretty well. Also what looks like the brian type part, looks like theres some sort of grey sitting in it, with a pair of legs and a pair of arms.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...4/1000days.jpg

Last edited by Charlysays04; 05-04-2006 at 08:14 AM..
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

ok i crapped myself when i saw this, but i could be reading into it to much, On the blue and yellow pics of the 3 faced head and the skulls, at the point in the middle where the two pictures should meet theres a gap...if you could push them together there seems to be a big alien/reptillian staring at you.... i'm not a fan of the reptillian theorys but this thing jumped out at me so....If you close your right eye and look through the left lens you can focus on it pretty well. Also what looks like the brian type part, looks like theres some sort of grey sitting in it, with a pair of legs and a pair of arms.

Last edited by Charlysays04; 05-04-2006 at 08:14 AM..
carlylecastle
05-04-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlysays04

Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

rxsheepxr
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
No, see, he signed the painting, it's not a copyright. The signature is a part of the painting...

End o story.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread before posting, but this post just screamed 'DUH' to me.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #27
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
No, see, he signed the painting, it's not a copyright. The signature is a part of the painting...

End o story.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread before posting, but this post just screamed 'DUH' to me.
rxsheepxr
05-04-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:

All I see is a mirrored fetus in a skull, which correlates with the actual pictures of the fetus in the skull.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

All I see is a mirrored fetus in a skull, which correlates with the actual pictures of the fetus in the skull.
11Reflections11's Avatar 11Reflections11
05-04-2006, 12:47 PM

I think its a fetus.... like the earlier picture... the fetus inside the skull.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think its a fetus.... like the earlier picture... the fetus inside the skull.
dancingflame
05-05-2006, 02:48 AM

guys! it is alex greys signature because he painted it and they could not remove it because it would ruin the image...btw nobody cares...it just says alex grey 200?...okay?
any other speculation is not important.no hidden anything. take it as it is and concentrate on the parts of the artwork that is really open for interpratation...
Old 05-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

guys! it is alex greys signature because he painted it and they could not remove it because it would ruin the image...btw nobody cares...it just says alex grey 200?...okay?
any other speculation is not important.no hidden anything. take it as it is and concentrate on the parts of the artwork that is really open for interpratation...
welliott
05-05-2006, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame

i smell a douche bag........ even though i agree completely with this view on the artwork...... i'm still getting an incredibly strong whiff o' dick...
Old 05-05-2006, 04:38 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame

i smell a douche bag........ even though i agree completely with this view on the artwork...... i'm still getting an incredibly strong whiff o' dick...
njm's Avatar njm
05-05-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:

The words fucking idiot come to mind after reading this
Old 05-05-2006, 07:09 AM   #32
njm

Quote:

msbtool
05-05-2006, 07:40 AM

ya i guess it is his signature, glad.

Last edited by msbtool; 05-05-2006 at 01:22 PM..
Old 05-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

ya i guess it is his signature, glad.

Last edited by msbtool; 05-05-2006 at 01:22 PM..
Parabolee
05-05-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm

The words "being a jerk unnessaceraly" come to mind when reading this.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:21 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm

The words "being a jerk unnessaceraly" come to mind when reading this.
XReflectionXTriad
05-05-2006, 05:37 PM

Hmm.. That is so tiny that it looks like a bunch of pixalated dots.. I really think the first word is *fuck* lol..after examining it under my sisters microscope.. and I think there are three words and the last one probably has 4 letters.. it is still really tough to see it under the microscope because it just becomes a bunch of blurry dots.. damn crappy microscope.. Toys r Us I demand a refund
Old 05-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Hmm.. That is so tiny that it looks like a bunch of pixalated dots.. I really think the first word is *fuck* lol..after examining it under my sisters microscope.. and I think there are three words and the last one probably has 4 letters.. it is still really tough to see it under the microscope because it just becomes a bunch of blurry dots.. damn crappy microscope.. Toys r Us I demand a refund
Matt8's Avatar Matt8
05-06-2006, 12:12 PM

its in the original copy. go to his website and look at bardobeing. i'm 99.9% positive it is a signature so stop this. over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #36
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

its in the original copy. go to his website and look at bardobeing. i'm 99.9% positive it is a signature so stop this. over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind.
excrementauri
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8
over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind.
that quote could not apply any less to this thread.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8
over thinking, over analyzing seperates the body from the mind.
that quote could not apply any less to this thread.
The Useful Idiot
05-06-2006, 08:22 PM

I think it says Fuck George Bush.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

I think it says Fuck George Bush.
thetrackt
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM

you would.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

you would.
Sodemizer's Avatar Sodemizer
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=Parabolee]"unnessaceraly" QUOTE]
Fuckin idiot indeed
Old 05-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

[QUOTE=Parabolee]"unnessaceraly" QUOTE]
Fuckin idiot indeed

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply