Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Winter ("AU Summer") 2011
User Name
Password
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
01-16-2011, 02:38 PM

SETLIST --

Aenema
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism (ext)
Lateralus
Third Eye
Stinkfist

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 01-21-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
01.21.11 - Big Day Out - Auckland

SETLIST --

Aenema
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism (ext)
Lateralus
Third Eye
Stinkfist

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 01-21-2011 at 02:37 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Seek to the Death Rattle's Avatar Seek to the Death Rattle
01-21-2011, 02:50 AM

Aenema
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Lateralus
Third Eye
Stinkfist
Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.21.11 - Big Day Out - Auckland

Aenema
Jambi
Vicarious
Eon Blue Apocalypse
The Patient
Intolerance
Schism
Lateralus
Third Eye
Stinkfist
01-21-2011, 03:30 AM

Sure thing...I wrote one out, but I couldn't edit after 5 mins.....

Firstly, what kind of fuckin idiot throws glow sticks at Tool? They deserve a public stoning. a couple nearly hit Justin & Danny....
MJK after Intolerance (I think?) ....."Iggy Fuckin Pop! - How about that shit?"
then again before Third Eye..."hands up, who's on acid?"

Maynard had a bottle of wine with him, and he gave Danny a swig during the Lateralus breakdown......Could see Maynard wanted some water after Aenema, but there was none on his riser.....he looked fucked off, and before he had a chance to get some Adam started up Jambi. The whole day was a bit of a flop....BDO's are getting more and more lame....thank fuck Tool saved the day. Man Rammstein is some weird, theatrical shit....I was surrounded by a whole lot of people singing along to their songs while I was waiting for Tool? Bizzare...

Third Eye was epic, crowd was not.....Im almost certain that 90% of the people on here would agree with me, in wondering why people would want to mosh or simply shove people around to Tool? Sure I understand parts like in Jambi and Stinkfist etc...but to simply just mindlessly push people around while the rest of us are trying to take in the greatest band of our generation, umm I think you're missing the point?.....Maybe I'm getting too old?

Nice to see the Patient, one of my favourites and I haven't seen it live since Brixton Academy back in 2002. Disappointed slightly that MJK didnt sing the end of Vicarious, choosing instead to mime with his hands....nevermind, guess you have to take care of those vocals chords for the trip across the pond. Fortunately I am going to the Melbourne Myer Bowl show also.....can't wait. A few mistakes here and there, I think Adam was the only one who thought they were doing the short/album version of Stinkfist...

See you guys in Melbourne

Black as holes within a memory

Last edited by Seek to the Death Rattle; 01-21-2011 at 03:33 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Sure thing...I wrote one out, but I couldn't edit after 5 mins.....

Firstly, what kind of fuckin idiot throws glow sticks at Tool? They deserve a public stoning. a couple nearly hit Justin & Danny....
MJK after Intolerance (I think?) ....."Iggy Fuckin Pop! - How about that shit?"
then again before Third Eye..."hands up, who's on acid?"

Maynard had a bottle of wine with him, and he gave Danny a swig during the Lateralus breakdown......Could see Maynard wanted some water after Aenema, but there was none on his riser.....he looked fucked off, and before he had a chance to get some Adam started up Jambi. The whole day was a bit of a flop....BDO's are getting more and more lame....thank fuck Tool saved the day. Man Rammstein is some weird, theatrical shit....I was surrounded by a whole lot of people singing along to their songs while I was waiting for Tool? Bizzare...

Third Eye was epic, crowd was not.....Im almost certain that 90% of the people on here would agree with me, in wondering why people would want to mosh or simply shove people around to Tool? Sure I understand parts like in Jambi and Stinkfist etc...but to simply just mindlessly push people around while the rest of us are trying to take in the greatest band of our generation, umm I think you're missing the point?.....Maybe I'm getting too old?

Nice to see the Patient, one of my favourites and I haven't seen it live since Brixton Academy back in 2002. Disappointed slightly that MJK didnt sing the end of Vicarious, choosing instead to mime with his hands....nevermind, guess you have to take care of those vocals chords for the trip across the pond. Fortunately I am going to the Melbourne Myer Bowl show also.....can't wait. A few mistakes here and there, I think Adam was the only one who thought they were doing the short/album version of Stinkfist...

See you guys in Melbourne

Black as holes within a memory

Last edited by Seek to the Death Rattle; 01-21-2011 at 03:33 AM..
Seek to the Death Rattle's Avatar Seek to the Death Rattle
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by av333 View Post
Would you be able to give us a review when you get a chance? Nice setlist again....intolerance would have been sweet! Thanks
Yeah Intolerance was great, as I've never seen that one live. Think I would've preferred Flood, but nevermind. Also, being a festival set, felt like a song or 2 short. 46 & 2 the obvious exclusion from the set. I guess Maynard's voice can only handle certain songs these days, which is understandable......long gone are the days when the scream in Eulogy would be belted out within any hesitation.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by av333 View Post
Would you be able to give us a review when you get a chance? Nice setlist again....intolerance would have been sweet! Thanks
Yeah Intolerance was great, as I've never seen that one live. Think I would've preferred Flood, but nevermind. Also, being a festival set, felt like a song or 2 short. 46 & 2 the obvious exclusion from the set. I guess Maynard's voice can only handle certain songs these days, which is understandable......long gone are the days when the scream in Eulogy would be belted out within any hesitation.
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Yeah I totally agree. Being surrounded by neanderthals who had made the trip down from Dargaville was a bit of a distraction to be honest..... Hey yeah Jambi its almost this wonderful piece of art in 9/8 but im just gonna throw myself and my dreads around like I'm moshing/slam dancing to Megadeath or sumthin (sorry - rant).....Had to go though as I didnt think I would get a ticket to Melbourne, but that came through in the end. I made the same trip back in 07, and it more than made up for the BDO show. Myer bowl is a great venue. See you then.....
Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Yeah I totally agree. Being surrounded by neanderthals who had made the trip down from Dargaville was a bit of a distraction to be honest..... Hey yeah Jambi its almost this wonderful piece of art in 9/8 but im just gonna throw myself and my dreads around like I'm moshing/slam dancing to Megadeath or sumthin (sorry - rant).....Had to go though as I didnt think I would get a ticket to Melbourne, but that came through in the end. I made the same trip back in 07, and it more than made up for the BDO show. Myer bowl is a great venue. See you then.....
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Was an awesome show.. but as someone above said it would have been great to have maybe 2 more songs in there. Third Eye and The Patient were definite high lights!

Was great to see Danny, Adam and Justin come to the front of stage and applaud and say bye.

I wish I was as organised as yous guys making the trip to Melbourne but oh well.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
wtb
Level 1 - Lurker

Was an awesome show.. but as someone above said it would have been great to have maybe 2 more songs in there. Third Eye and The Patient were definite high lights!

Was great to see Danny, Adam and Justin come to the front of stage and applaud and say bye.

I wish I was as organised as yous guys making the trip to Melbourne but oh well.
earsi730
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM

Was a difficult day to get into with the weather and a weird passive/aggressive crowd, but as soon as TOOL started it all came good!

3rd eye live is life changing!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Was a difficult day to get into with the weather and a weird passive/aggressive crowd, but as soon as TOOL started it all came good!

3rd eye live is life changing!
gazzabr
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM

The Pot was on the setlist after stinkfist... would of been nice for an encore even in the rain
Old 01-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

The Pot was on the setlist after stinkfist... would of been nice for an encore even in the rain
ibanez
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM

Wow, I am really surprised by everyones comments, I thought Tool were pretty average.. Don't get me wrong, I love Tool, they are one of my favorite bands but they were alot better last time they came. A shame Maynard screwed up his lyrics in the first song, the sound on that stage was pretty bad as well. It was hard to top Rammstein that night..
Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow, I am really surprised by everyones comments, I thought Tool were pretty average.. Don't get me wrong, I love Tool, they are one of my favorite bands but they were alot better last time they came. A shame Maynard screwed up his lyrics in the first song, the sound on that stage was pretty bad as well. It was hard to top Rammstein that night..
thatlldo
01-31-2011, 03:45 AM

I've been to a show on every tour Tool have ever done to NZ and unfortunately although this was the highest production show we've ever seen, the band performance was probably the worst.

Just so many errors and seemed to not really be nailing stuff. Maynard choosing to leave sections out is just frustrating too. I think they could've done with a bit more rehearsal before coming out as everything just seemed a little edgy. Live sound was nowhere near as good as BDO '07 either.
Still awesome to see them again tho! - Third Eye, Patient and Intolerance were awesome!

Also i would've thought that given we'd all stood in the rain in the D barricade for hours to see them up close they would've played for as long as possible. Seeing that photo of the setlist with The Pot after Stinkfist was heartbreaking.
I swear Maynard sung thru Adam starting the extended Stinkfist too. Not how people reckon Adam was the one to make the mistake. No videos up on youtube yet tho so can't check it..

Last edited by thatlldo; 01-31-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I've been to a show on every tour Tool have ever done to NZ and unfortunately although this was the highest production show we've ever seen, the band performance was probably the worst.

Just so many errors and seemed to not really be nailing stuff. Maynard choosing to leave sections out is just frustrating too. I think they could've done with a bit more rehearsal before coming out as everything just seemed a little edgy. Live sound was nowhere near as good as BDO '07 either.
Still awesome to see them again tho! - Third Eye, Patient and Intolerance were awesome!

Also i would've thought that given we'd all stood in the rain in the D barricade for hours to see them up close they would've played for as long as possible. Seeing that photo of the setlist with The Pot after Stinkfist was heartbreaking.
I swear Maynard sung thru Adam starting the extended Stinkfist too. Not how people reckon Adam was the one to make the mistake. No videos up on youtube yet tho so can't check it..

Last edited by thatlldo; 01-31-2011 at 03:50 AM..
BassMasta87
11-08-2011, 02:28 PM

The sound was horrible at this show! What the heck was wrong with the front and left side speakers? I had to move twice because of the sound. Thankfully I was able to catch Schism on this set. It was amazing. I didn't know what was up with Maynard that night, though. He seemed pretty off.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

The sound was horrible at this show! What the heck was wrong with the front and left side speakers? I had to move twice because of the sound. Thankfully I was able to catch Schism on this set. It was amazing. I didn't know what was up with Maynard that night, though. He seemed pretty off.
Chriscore
03-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Yeah...intolerance is still a highlight, sounded really good even got peeps busting out a circle pit

Had always wished for rain at a bdo...that was cool to

Last edited by Chriscore; 03-08-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah...intolerance is still a highlight, sounded really good even got peeps busting out a circle pit

Had always wished for rain at a bdo...that was cool to

Last edited by Chriscore; 03-08-2013 at 09:46 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply