opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 06-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/08/22 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/22 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

Just got back, set list was the same as Honolulu

Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Right In Two
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

New stage. Its a projection screen, but its smaller than the one they normally use and the stage itself is part of it, so it slinks down in a L shape. At least I think thats new, i've never really noticed that at Seattle.

Also flashing lights throughout, and green lasers near the end.

As for the concert itself, amazing as always, the bass was fucking nuts. I don't remember it resonating so loudly.

Holy shit momment of the night: Near the end, right after Lateralus they all sat at the middle of the stage as everyone started screaming. It was loud. This was for about 5 minutes i'd say.

Maynardisms: He said it was good to be back in his favourite english speaking city, something like that. He also complemented on our rising dollar, and suggested we invade USA before something (someone will fill that in i bet).

ISIS was surprisingly good. Not really fond of the whole metal screaming vocals. They could have done without a vocalist to be honest, the guitar work was pretty good. I enjoyed them more than I enjoyed Tricky last time they were in Vancouver.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Just got back....WOW!

To everyone looking at the setlist and saying "it's the same etc"....believe me, it will totally blow you out of the water.

Highlights for me:
1.) Rosetta Stoned was amazing. They pulled it right out of their asses...stunningly well done.
2.) The last half of Right in Two was rediculous. Danny Carey is better then the best.
3.) Lateralus was so f'n good.
4.) Jambi sounds GREAT live.
5.) So does Vicarious...actually, Vicarious was meant to be played live.
6.) The "pre encore" break the band took on stage. Stunning. They sat their and soaked it in. It showed a TON of class and respect to us, the fans. My g/f cried during that.
7.) The lights were great. The entire stage is a screen.
8.) SO MUCH bottom end througout the night. Justin is so f'n good. Wow...he was ON tonight.
9.) Did I mention how good Danny Carey is?

The FEW lowlights:
1.) Adam was REALLY loud. They could have turned him down a touch.
2.) Sober is a great song but it is not a great LIVE song.
3.) Schism is also a great song but not a great LIVE song.

Maynardisms:
"Wer'e happy to be back in our favorite English speaking Noth American country."
"Congradulations on your high dollar. You'd better buy our country before we invade yours."
"See you soon"
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

ahh wow...1st tool show..my ears are fucked..it was soo amazing,
trippin balls..dissapointing setlist...i expected more...but damn...still unreal
im speachless..
opening quote "HELLO DICKHEADS"
unreal...just like unifiedtheory said...

adam was a bit off in feedback, but its live...added to the moment more

suprizes were some great funny quotes, and the new sections/intro to schizm, 46n2, sober, .....etc

the stage was unreal
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

Amazing, acoustics were not that bad (I expected that they were going to suck some major ass).

I didn't expect Lateralus, and did it ever rock! I liked the new versions of Stinkfist and Schism. Overall everything was amazing, first Tool show and I am still speachless. Rosetta stoned was awesome live, so was fourty six and two, and jambi rocked as well. Crap everything rocked!

I was really surprised by the lights! I was wondering what the hell was going on mid show and when the lights started it added soo much more to the show. The set was great!

Maynard said "we suggest you buy our country before we invade yours for your oil"

I can't wait to see them again!!!! So stoked!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

FUCK YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

It was my 6th show, but probably THE BEST. I was front row floor, RIGHT in front of Justin and Danny, and THIS was how I always wanted to see Tool. Without going too into it, the up close perspective was INTENSE. It was so intimate. We saw every bead of sweat dripping off Justin's face (I kid you not), I could see every expression on Danny's face.

MAYNARD was obviously in a REALLY good mood, which just made the whole night. He was saying things like "It is an HONOUR, and a PLEASURE to be in our favorite English speaking country in North America" (exact quote). After one song, he also smiled and said "FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!"

I have never seen Maynard moving/dancing so much as this show. He was SO into it, stomping around, giving his little kicks, gyrating and dancing. It could have been 1996 again, when he used to paint himself blue! The funniest move was what he did during the intro to Jambi. Can't explain, you had to see it. It was EVIL.

What else to say? Danny was a MACHINE, Adam sounded great, Justin rocked out harder than anyone else. Setlist was awesome (finally heard The Pot!), but to me, the best song by FAR was: Rosetta Stoned. It was UNBELIEVABLE. I can't put it into words. It just rocked SOOOOOOOOO fucking hard. One of the best (if not the best) live song I have EVER SEEN. Period.

After the show, my brother called my cell phone. Him and his girlfriend had seats up in the upper balcony. I talked briefly to his girlfriend, who never liked Tool, or even much rock music before. She was stunned speechless, she just kept saying "I can't believe it.. I can't believe I was there... That was the greatest fucking concert I've ever seen! That was.. that was... that was SO INSANE!" Ah yes, a new fan is born

And finally, here's my personal highlight: I had a "moment" with Maynard!!! It was during the "sit down" break they do. After it had gone on for awhile, everyone in the front row was applauding, but just sort of standing still. Suddenly I screamed, leaned as far forward as I could over the barrier, and pointed both my arms and hands straight at them. I think they all glanced over, but Maynard looked RIGHT at me, smirked, shrugged, and mouthed the words "What?". I was SO stunned, I just gave him two thumbs up, and screamed "FUCKING AWESOME!". He chuckled, then stood up, and they went into the encore. I'm not just imagining this, my friend saw the whole thing happen!

Lastly, he dropped a hint that they'd be back soon. SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEET!

Last edited by evil agent; 08-23-2006 at 12:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

holy fuck.. i was at coachella and this concert just blew that one out of the water.. i kinda wished they'd play something else but the way they played the songs it didn't matter, every song sounded so tight and rosetta stoned is just incredible to witness live!

i somehow forgot just how amazing they are!! seeing them live is almost like a drug where you remember what it's like but you don't remember exactly how powerful it really is until you're actually there again
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 01:43 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

WOW!!! Just lost my Tool virginity. The show was awesome. Sound was good...even though my seat wasn't that great. I was on the aisle right next to the entrance, so there was this annoying light and people kept going by. Whatever though, it was Tool and I was finally there! The setlist was killer..same as Hawaii I believe, but every song was one I'd hoped they play. The stage, and lighting were cool, and the crowd was amazing of course (gotta love Van).

The before show highlight was definitely seeing Adam and Danny. We were walking past the busses on our way to our gate, and Adam literally brushed past me..I couldn't believe it. Then about 30 mins later we were standing near the gates where they go in, and Danny came riding out on a vintage BMW bike. Was hopin' to get a glimpse of Maynard and Justin too, maybe next time.

The only things (besides a different seat) that could have made it better is if they had played a little longer, and there wasn't assholes on the balcony throwing cups of coke over the edge ..grrrrr...

Last edited by jurie; 08-23-2006 at 01:47 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:14 AM   #9
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Good show. Bad setlist.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Dude... when the show is THAT good, the setlist almost ceases to matter. Its almost irrelevant. ANY song they played would have been equally awesome.

PS How about that CRAZY intro to Sober. The sounds Adam was making were out of this world.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
SAR DeathCheater (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 3

I have 2 reviews; the long time fan that watches set lists, collects bootlegs of shows and knows what the band is capable of doing, and the actual review of being at the show as a fan.

Review 1: so disappointed that I paid 82 US dollars to see a 90 minute, festival set list with nothing new what-so-ever in the set list. They bought the laser system from Def Leppards 80's shows, nine inch nails background from 2005's With Teeth shows and U2's lighting from their 2001's E.Y.C.L.B. tour, in short...cheap gimmicky effects to blow up a weak set list and short playing time. I didn’t want flying pigs, didn’t want cool glasses to wear, didn’t expect anything spectacular, all I expected was for at least a 2 hour show with something to give back to the continent that has bought more of their music that anywhere else (granted it was in Canada, so maybe they haven’t bought enough to pay for that extra wing on the winery). OK...that rant is done.

My cousin and I rolled into Canada around 1pm with no hassle from the border guys (they actually forgot the show was tonight and were griping they didn’t have tickets, heh). Sat at the DogHaus bar and drank all afternoon catching up (I hadn’t seen him in a good year) and was great to talk about everything under the sun and drink all afternoon. We stayed there until 7pm and then wandered over to the arena. He has only been to maybe 6 shows in his life and saw tool back on the Lateralus tour. He was def more purely excited to see the show and pulling out his wish list of songs (which I told him not to expect and gave him a more realistic set list...which every song ironically was played sans wings/10k days and a couple undertow ones).

Missed most of Isis, never heard of em before learning they were the opening band. Caught the last few...songs..If you can call them that, seemed to be more of an instrumental band.

Stage was all white and better lit to see the band than any prior tour. The 5'6" back wall behind Keenan and carry was the only real visual screen with projected images on it. No new video for vicarious, just some 10K cover images with the usual hypnotic effects. Added lighting came up for lateralus and the last 2 songs and freaken lasers....

Tool came on just before 930p and roared into the extended stinkfist version, as mentioned above, the lighting made it perfect to see all of them and keenan was dressed as usual in boots, pants with a big buckle and no shirt on and sun glasses. Danny was in his typical basketball attire and the other 2 wore whatever they normally wear. The extended part of stinkfest always catches people off, funny to watch people sing what should have been coming and then staring blankly as the band riffs.

Keenan was great to be back in the English speaking area of the world.

Pot came on and my cousin was crazy happy with that, Keenan's vocals sounded great throughout the song.

Rolled thru 46&2 and Jambi, both sounding great. Keenan apologized for 'our president', always taking pot shots at the American way.

Schism is obviously their 2nd most popular song so it'll always be played, but it really isn’t needed in the set list. The sped up part WAS amazing, though you really couldn’t tell notes and that it was actually sped up or if it was just being carried away and playing sloppily. Adam walked to the center of the stage to do the sped up part..Most movement by a tool member ever!! haha.

Gotta say that Justin was really into the show, his head banging was better than watching keenan and his skitzo dance moves. Justin was flat out rocking to what he was playing and that was a great vibe.

Lost keys/Rosetta This is like ticks and leeches, no one that’s just a basic fan of the new album will get the song, the lyrics or anything about this song, other than its to damn long with some great parts in it, but just doesn’t need to be played. Pushit could have been a better fill in for this part of the show. Don’t get me wrong, I sang along and looked cool to the people around that I’m a TDN board geek that reads the lyrics and total tool die hard fan haha.

New jam/intro for sober, the entire band was jamming and carry had a decent drum solo. Didn’t even pick up on that it was going to be a song intro/jam, they just jumped right into the normal sober song.

Right in 2, love the song on the disc, doesn’t need to be played live all that much. Great that they pulled out 5 of the 6 actual songs on 10k days for the show, supporting the disc but hearing that 6th song (10k days) would have made the show sooooo much better. The intense end part was great and got the crowd hyped up.

Lateralus kicked in and the Christmas lights started moving up the back of the stage and lasers started up and just made me laugh...so cheesy and so not what should be at a tool show. Use the CAD visuals you're known for, not ripping off other bands trademark ones. Intense song, crowd pleaser and ripped through it well.

5 min of crowd energy soaking in as they sat in the center of the stage. Keenan laid down for a part of it, kicked around a few times then they got back up and jumped into the 2 minutes of space age trip music that always comes before vicarious, it was then I knew there were only 2 songs left and griped a bit about that.

Vicarious IS a live song, flat out. Its driving, it moves and it kills you with its intensity. Great great song.

Closed off with the always stable, never disappointing aenima. Keenan again apologized for our president and told the cannucks to invade or buy our country before it all goes away. Drove the song superbly and of course everyone in the place is singing along and soaking up the last bit of energy.

Danny flung drum heads like Frisbees and a coupe actually made it to the middle of the arena. They waved, they tossed picks and sticks and they were gone.

Great fucken show full of the expected energy and being there with my cousin made it that much better, seeing his fascination and excitement with each song as it came up made my night that much better. Glad I saw em indoors and not out at the gorge and hope to see them further into the tour when they come back in 2007.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

I thought that it was a great show despite the same set list. I saw them in Seattle and this show was just so much better. I hope they return (here or Seattle) near the end of their tour since the setlist will surely be different by then.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

As usual,we were all treated to an incredible night of music,although I think that the Lateralus tour was way more fun...better visuals,incredible back drops. Everyone was ,seemingly ,in good spirits and the crowd was loud. No new set list,no Wings pt 1&2. We'll hope for ther best in George this Sunday. Cheers !
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 12:04 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

This was my 2nd Tool show. Having attent the 2001 show and downloading bunch videos from the Lateralus tour I was a little bit disappointed last night (b/c I had really high expectation). The setlist was a bit short compare to the 2001 show. I was expecting a longer set list. Thanx to the ridiculous long line up outside I didn't get to see ISIS (whom I wanted to see). We waited for about 45 mins before Tool came on stage. It was rather interesting to see that they lid up the stage during the entire setup and all you can see was an entire white stage. For the entire time I thought there would be some sort of huge projection screen at the back waiting to be revealed or something. The back lighting they used wasn't all that special. The laser lighting was pretty neat though. I guess I'm comparing Tool's stage setup to the NIN's stage setup when NIN was in Vancouver last year. Having seen the 2001 show I was expecting a bit more on the stage setup than what they had last night. In fact I was expecting Tool to top NIN's setup. I think that was the main cuase of my disappointment.

The concert, however, rocked! Tool certainly put on an amazing show. Comparing last night to 2001, last night was way louder and not as well balanced (maybe b/c the new speaker system in GM place?). At some points the bass/guitar was overpowering, making it hard to hear the lyrics.

Some of my highlights:

Forty Six & 2
-When the intro came on I screamed on top of my lungs. What a great song!

Jambi
-Before the concert this was the one song I really wanted to hear. I went home happy. The song was loud and rocked. The red fire image/lighting was really cool.

Rosetta Stoned
-The song, again, rocked my world. I found it kinda hard to understand what Maynard was singing when he was singing with the effect mic.

Right In Two
-I was trying to following what Danny was doing the last half of the song with his crazy drum thing. I still don't get how he pulls that part off. It seems that he's playing the congo sound with his left hand and the regular drum song with his right. I would love to see a video of Danny playing this song.

Lateralus
-Best song of the night. The back light & laser came on. Really cool.

After Lateralus the band sat for about 5 mins while everyone cheered on. Lighters everywhere it was absolutely amazing!

Vicarious
-Wow. This song is made to play live!!!

Ænema
-What a great song to end the night!!!

Justin was AMAZING! He's one hell of a bassist. Don't know why ppl were doubting his ability. Danny was Danny. His drumming ability is simply god like. Maynard was his usual self with his crazy dance moves although he didn't do as much jumping around like a monkey as 2001. Adam didn't move too much the entire show but he's always like that.

Great show. I really hope they come back to Vancouver or Seattle when they finished with their Europe tour.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Very, very cool show. The "white stage" is a trip.....gives the fans in the nosebleeds something to see. The crowd was hyped and the band seemed to really feed off that.
It was cool to see lasers come back to a rock show, they were used well and created a cool ambience. Isis was really cool too.......tight band.

Maynard apologized for his president!! Saw Adam's wife, Camella, in the sound pit and my buddy met Danny in Vancouver after the show.

Enjoy! You'll never forget it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:04 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

My first Tool concert or any big rock concert for that matter and i got a camera in there and recorded "lateralus", but it was too dark and risky so i just got the audio of it. Amazong fucking show...the round of applause was deafening and really cool to see the band bask in it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

having not been to any concert since the late 90's, and having never been to a tool concert I have got to say how impressed I was. there is a lot of negativity here about the set list, but so many times you see bands play things live that are just not good.

that was not the case last night. the band did a fantastastic job of playing what they were great at. not only was the house rockin' but maynard looked like he was having a ball. furthermore there are no bad tool songs, they should all be enjoyed as we were fortunate enough to be there. what about the poor saps that were absent? I am sure they would have preferred hearing the set played, over not being there.

so, the songs they chose were well done, with fantastic effects, and increadible energy.... really that is what i went for.

As for the experience of finally hearing tool live, I am so damn thrilled.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

some ****(not that theres anyting wrong with that) beside me was a pain in the ass the entire show:

adams catchy little intro to 46&2...on the synthsizer? keyboard....
"thats fucking stupid..isn't that fucking stupid?thats fucking stupid"

like fuck off buddy, keep your thoughts to yourself and dont innturrupt the (hopefully not) only experience of a human of tool!

thats my 2cents haha

otherwise....just amazing..i was waiting for lateralus!! it came!
stinkfist was one of the best live songs ever!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #19
of the unconventional type

Bincount™: 616

First show for me as well. They sounded fucking AMAZING.

The concert really made me apprecaite the 10,000 days songs on a deeper level.

Maynard's demonic dancing in the fires of Jambi was fucking awesome.

Those security guards need to fuck the fuck off.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Good god... amazing show. Way more intense than the Seattle show! And my seats were just as good. It was cool that they projected the videos onto themselves, especially from my angle from the balcony. The lasers were amazing, especially how they were synced with the music. One great little addition: the sound guys who would rush onto the stage to adjust drums, pedals etc. during the performance -- had white labcoats on. It looked surreal when they would come onto the pure white stage and fool around with the gear...

The things they did with the lighting were awesome too... they had lights raise and lower on hydraulics throughout the set.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #21

Bincount™: 26

words failed to capture what i had witnessed even hours after the show. stayed up until 5 am talking with my buddy and my girlfriend about it. glad i had wednesdays off this semester. there were too many moments that stood out. right away from hello dickheads.

they were very refreshed from the break and i am glad they decided to treat vancouver with there best performance.

my favorite highlights
-the "and me yelping "holy fuckin' shit!" line in rosetta stoned
-the wash of sound from the lateralus gong
-hello dickheads
-it is an honour and a privelege to be back in our favorite, english speakign country in north america...
-the 5 minute break
-fan-fucking-tastic
-camella and i think devo in the back of the sound pit
-did sober sound more like it was from 10000days era tool to anyone?
-aenema...
Old 08-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #22
of the unconventional type

Bincount™: 616

I thought sober was incredible. It's never been a favorite of mine, but it was a favorite of that night.

fan-fucking-tastic.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

The show rocked. Took me by surprise. Much less focus on visuals compared to last time I saw them on Lateralus tour. Heavy setlist, great energy. Isis rocked! Gonna get their new album for sure. My ears were still ringing all day yesterday. Adam's guitar was way too loud though, i though my ears were gonna explode during his solo's. And the beer cost $7.25 a cup, holy fukin shit! holy fukin shit! They did an amazing job with Rosetta Stoned and the visuals they made for were also good. Danny is the best drummer ever. The chorus in sober totally sounded different, more emotion in Maynard's voice, he's one talented cowboy. Great concert .
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

That show was fucking great.I missed Isis because of the long lines to get in.how can people bitch about the set? You people all suck. what kind of set would your band play??? Lateralus was the highlight for me. I was out of my last row seat going insane!The crowd was also very stoked about Tool. People were cheering loud before they were even inside the building.
This was my fourth Tool show. I've seen them play Third Eye, Eulogy, Push It, and lots of other great songs. I still say that the setlist for B.C. was perfect in every way.
Can't wait for the gorge this sabbath...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Unbelieveable.

This is only my second Tool show (first one was Lateralus, also in Vancouver).

This show rocked my ears off. Literally -- I'm still a little bit def. However, I can't complain much I was front row centre and the security guy DID offer me ear plugs. That was nice of him, and I refused.

I think maynard must have given everyone in the front row a "moment", becuase I had a similar experience as evil agent, not quite as dramatic though. Maybe it's just his sunglasses are good at hiding what he's really giving the eye to :P

Other than the defness (preventable), it was a great show. The band really seemed to honestly appreciate the audience, or at least were great at acting like they did.

My favorite moment was a toss up between justing playing bass with a beer bottle, and adam playing guitar with what I can only describe as a vibrator. I think it was during the intro to sober -- but I could be mistaken, I didn't pay attention to these things.

I'll have to pay more attention at the Gorge.

OH, and in my personal opinion -- after seeing the live act... Rosetta Stoned is 100% humor, there is nothing serious, or deep and meaningful about that song. It's just a great demonstration of humor, sometimes subtle, sometimes blatant, beautiful.

I don't really have anything useful to say, other than I loved the show. It was an amazing experinece to be right up front and centre. Fortuantely I'm tall, so I could still see the visuals on the stage itself; however, I will definately be focusing more on that at the Gorge where I'll be much further back.

DT

Last edited by DTrain; 08-24-2006 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: More thoughts...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 32

holy fucken shit it was good, how come more bands cant be this good!?!?

-Albert Camus
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes, good point Dtrain, about Justing playing bass with the beer bottle. I forgot to mention that. It was awesome! Just another one of the great details that the front row seats gave us.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

I forgot to mention: Danny's tabla drum solo on Right in Two was simply beautiful! It was the most peaceful moment of the entire concert, and the tablas sounded so much better than on the CD. It was AMAZING (and very reminiscent of when they used to play the alternate version of Pushit, live). It was so sweet.

I'm already going through serious withdrawal. I'm always a bit sad after a Tool show, because I want to see them again. But this time I'm feeling particularly depressed! Ah well, hopefully they'll be back soon.

Also, I talked to all my friends who were scattered around the stadium, and its great to hear how much they all enjoyed it. I remember one friend was reluctant to buy a ticket, because he'd already seen them a few times, and was forgetting how awesome Tool was. He told me last night "I went into that show thinking it would definitely be my last Tool concert. Now... I think I want to see them again!"

Last edited by evil agent; 08-25-2006 at 11:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

During The Pot, did anybody else hear Maynard say "Eyeballs deep in muddy water.......You're balls deep in muddy water......" in the last verse? I thought I heard him say that, and it made me laugh. Great show, although I was expecting a different set list of unexpected songs:) The sound in that place kind of sucks, but for the most part the band was spot on. The fast part during Schism when Adam walked over twards Danny caught me compleatly off gaurd. My exact words were "What the hell?", and then he started playing fast. That was cool. This was my 7th Tool show, and they never cease to rock my face off compleatly! I did notice the new visuals during Rosseta Stoned taken by Camilla, very cool. They worked well with the theme of the song. I enjoyed watching Maynard chase some light around the stage and trying to stomp on it. He seemed very energetic and into the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-25-2006, 08:23 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yes, those are the words he sang during The Pot... because those are the real lyrics. Some of my friends didn't know this either.

Go listen to the CD, and it's quite clear. During the last chorus, he says:

Eyeballs deep in muddy water...
You're balls deep in muddy water....

It's awesome!

By the way, I didn't notice him chasing around the lights and stomping on them. That's cool! Thanks for the info. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-26-2006, 12:48 AM   #31

Bincount™: 26

The way Rosetta Stoned sounded was outrageous. Maynard shined on this song.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: