opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 08-22-2004, 06:44 PM   #81

Bincount™: 172
Re: A story based off the "characters" I see here.

You forgot the fact that I am the Lone Locust of the Apocalypse. I find that to be an excellent filler for any apparent plot holes. Beyond that, jolly good writing. Now get to the part where I blast Mary Magdelena with a photon cannon and abduct Jesus in order to interrogate him, much to my dismary when his battery wears out.

I'm still waiting for that part, and the part where I travel back in time to a small little African village and point out Sirius B to the people, who I then demand blood sacrifice from. This is shaping to be an EXCELLENT romance novel. And I better get a spaceship too. If you don't mind.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #82
Lord Cronos of Vermiculum

Bincount™: 6507

The gates are pushed aside, and a few lower ranking men aid this stranger who is dressed only in tattered and blood-stained rags. Looking at each other in bewilderment, they know only that he came from the war front and that he stumbled here in hopes of sanctuary.

Deviant grabs the leather of a soldier and pulls the soldier toward him. "Get me....Cronos." Deviant collapses face first into the dirt, and the men drag him away to brush his wounds and wet his palate.

Cronos hears of the news from a few couriers that a soldier from the front, bearing grave wounds, has come seeking his counsel. Having heard Thaak recount the events, this brought about some curiosity in Cronos. He ponders, "Could it be the warrior of reputable technique that Thaak spoke of?" Cronos looks to his advisor Lautreamont and asks, "Lautreamont, I wonder, could this straggler be the very same fighter Thaak spoke of wounding? A main figure in Reign's arsenal?" Lautreamont answers, "The events seem to match up, and the wound made even seems to match with Thaak's account of where he had struck the blow. I would say it would be wise to bring him before you and see what he has to say. Perhaps he is ready to give some secrets, or even better, become an asset." Cronos waves his hand, dismissing Lautreamont. "Your wisdom exceeds you as always. Go, bring this soldier before me and summon Thaak as well so that he may be witness to the fruits of his labor."

So it was that Deviant was brought forth before Cronos' presence. Deviant slowly begins to ascend the steps to Cronos' throne, yet Cronos raises his hand. "If you'll forgive me, I can allow few chances. You've gone far enough, speak your mind." Deviant drops to his knees and kneels his head in reverence. "Cronos, it is truly an honor to be allowed your counsel. Don't mistake me for flattery, I've heard your name long before I was brought into Reign's ranks. I had merely lived my life honorably until Reign dropped onto my doorstep, and I had began trusting him and called him friend. So, it was natural that I would fight for him, regardless of what little you've done to wrong me. I cannot express how in debt I am to you for showing me compassion and allowing me to come before your counsel. Though I once called Reign friend...I know that in these times he thinks of me merely as another able bodied man. But, when I had become wounded on the field of battle, he would turn his back on me as if I was unworthy of his friendship. I am thankful to merely be alive, and I just want this to end now. I don't want to be a fighter, I have a home and I have a field of crops. I don't know what you intend for me to do, but I will do it. So long as you can put an end to this war and I can return to my way of life. Reign trusts me as a friend, and I can talk to him. Ask of me whatever Cronos."

Cronos' eyes begin to squint and he looks down to the floor, as a strand of hair falls over his left eye. Cronos speaks slowly, "So then....he trusts you?"
Old 08-22-2004, 08:20 PM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 695

I can't believe this vomit is still being spewed forth.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #84

I'm STILL not seeing where I come in and make a big mess of things. And if and when I get killed, I sure hope its cool. And I need that spaceship, because I'd really like to ficticiously accost a few blokes.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:19 PM   #85

Sorry buddy, you're not in the cast of characters.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #86

Ok, I can understand that, Cronos. Maybe next time? And if so, can I please shoot Paris Hilton in the face with a Photon Positron Collider?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #87

I don't have any problems with that, I'll make a note of it.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #88

Thanks man! See, I'd apply the Cronos method of treating women to her, butt (pun intended) the Hilton hotel in Paris doesn't allow rear entry (reference to SNL, pretend I'm funny).
Old 08-24-2004, 08:05 PM   #89
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronch
I can't believe this vomit is still being spewed forth.
Joking or not: up against the wall, motherfucker.
You never meant a word. Not a fucking word of it. I am so sick of goodbyes. So sick of committing suicide. I am so sick of the in between, now and then. So sick of swinging the hammer. So sick of my suicide, of burying every hero that I had.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:38 PM   #90

Deviant nods his head, "Yes, Reign trusts me." Cronos grins, "Intriguing, you may be useful yet. As you know, Reign was once my trusted protégé and I taught him everything he knows. I gave him my trust, only for him to eventually turn his back on me with greed for more power. To use what I gave him, and warp it against me. Now, these lands are rife with warfare all because he had to challenge me. Being a disciple of mine, it was a kind of student rises up to overthrow the mentor scenario. Having learned everything I imparted upon him in what I deem necessary in a leader, he was quite formidable. It pains me that he would betray me, and it pains me that I could not have ended this sooner. The war needs to be ended, and with less bloodshed.

There is a way, and to meet these ends I need someone who is close with Reign...I believe with you, I can achieve these ends and end this deadlock we're in. I as well have been faced with considerable losses in this conflict, and the more this prolongs, the less secure I will be in a position to solidify myself as ruler of these lands. I will have an inefficient force to remain in control, and quell the inevitable uprisings that are likely to occur in the beginning years of my newly formed empire. There is no man with ambition to lead Reign's forces when he is gone, taking him out of the leadership role puts his forces in disarray. Many will disband and scatter, others will fight for control and there will be civil disputes. Regardless, if you could accomplish this for me, if you could take Reign out from power, I would be able to end this war.

If ended, I will make you a hero known throughout the lands. One of the first of the few to be christened as a saint, as someone to give praise and thanks to. To honor for making the future way of life possible to all men. Not only would you be hailed as the one who had effectively put an end to the wars, but as one who helped bring about a new kind of ordination. I know he is your friend, and he is my friend as well don't mistake this. It pains me to have to resort to these measures, but I am also a practical man who must take action for his people and you must understand that. Will you fight for me?"

The pressure is placed heavily on Deviant, and Cronos' closest council wait intently for Deviant's response. As Deviant stands there, heart pumping viciously, thoughts racing through his mind, he struggles to collect some sense out of this. Thaak grips his hands, knowing that battle could escalate at any moment's notice. Of course, Deviant's life would be in jeopardy depending on how he answers this question, and he knew that, giving further to his anxiety. Lautreamont takes in a deep breath, as the room becomes tense with anticipation.

Last edited by Cronos; 08-24-2004 at 08:46 PM..
Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 PM   #91
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 230

*gasp* WHAT SHALL I DO!?

Proud sponser of greenfever, Red Eye Jedi and amanda_lynn. They're mine, unless you've got 20$.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:31 PM   #92

Graf grits his teeth, awaiting the answer from this soldier whom Graf knows little of. For what he decides could effect the outcome of this whole war. Of course, Graf expects his father to win, but this could alter the actual way the war would be won. It's something that bemused Graf, as his father often spoke of the politics of war and how they could be won and lost through sheer diplomacy. Then there was the intimidation factor, and surely it was working its way down on Deviant here. Depending on how he responds he could live or die. So, either way it benefits Graf's father, because both outcomes take a key fighter from Reign's ranks. While, the most promising outcome would be this fighter doing the dirty work for Cronos and fighting for his cause in future endeavors. It was Graf's duty, to watch and to learn as his father held council. He leans in, and waits intently on what Deviant would say.

Deviant scanned the room, and knowing fully well that he could not fight his way out alive, especially concerning the condition he was in he really only had two options. The first, obviously, was to join with Cronos and be a traitor to the one he had originally pledged his allegiance to. Of course, that would be stricken from the record for future generations and he would be remembered only as a war hero. His traitorous ways, to be forgotten and erased, and a glorious image to be painted over in it's stead.

The next option, would be for him to die for his leader, the one that had left him to die in the first place. Really, the only choice he could find truly reassuring was the one that involved him to go on living. He did not come here seeking death, in fact he came in search of life. The long walk back towards Reign's territory from that battlefield where he lay abandoned and wounded was too long and perilous to risk. Then there was the idea to appease these thoughts in his head, the thoughts of Reign's betrayal against him. So, he reasoned, that his betrayal would be no more shaming to him than Reign's own betrayal against him. He would join with Cronos, if only to go on living, to return to the life he had lived before Reign had walked into his life and changed all that. He would fight one last time to preserve what he thought he would be fighting to preserve at Reign's side.

He answered Cronos' call. "I will fight for you." A sigh of relief echoes from some of the participants. Cronos clasps his hands together, "Excellent! Then we will allow you time to heal your wounds and regain your strength and stamina. Then, we shall instruct you on how to complete what will be the deciding factor on who will be the victor of this war."
Old 09-01-2004, 09:03 AM   #93
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2723

I know you don't like me much Cronos, but goddammit, when do I get a guest appearance in this story? I demand satisfaction.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #94

I don't hate anyone on here, and I don't browse most threads anymore. To be honest I have a bookmark that just goes straight to this, I barely pay attention to any of the other sections. The story is already shaping to the climax, and the cast of characters are the only characters that are in this story. It's pretty much already written, I mean I have an idea of what's going to happen in my head and I just have to write it. It's already outlined out to the finale all inside my head, I just have to put down the flesh and body. All the characters that are in the cast have already made their appearances, and I just need to wrap up their purpose and get to the end. Adding any new characters would just be a stretch, and would be difficult for me because I would have to figure out a way to slap them in the middle of the plot and would need to go off on an unecessary tangent. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 AM   #95
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 2723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos
I don't hate anyone on here, and I don't browse most threads anymore. To be honest I have a bookmark that just goes straight to this, I barely pay attention to any of the other sections. The story is already shaping to the climax, and the cast of characters are the only characters that are in this story. It's pretty much already written, I mean I have an idea of what's going to happen in my head and I just have to write it. It's already outlined out to the finale all inside my head, I just have to put down the flesh and body. All the characters that are in the cast have already made their appearances, and I just need to wrap up their purpose and get to the end. Adding any new characters would just be a stretch, and would be difficult for me because I would have to figure out a way to slap them in the middle of the plot and would need to go off on an unecessary tangent. Sorry.
Actually, I was just fucking around. Tiz a good story the way it is. Continue sir.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #96

A few days passed, as Deviant was instructed upon how and when to kill Reign. He explained Reign's territory, and the places Reign sought solitude in. It was areas of unique beauty, where many colorful assortments of plantlife grew. Deviant explained a vast orchard where Reign would sometimes just lose himself within it's quaint tranquility. Cronos instructed that this, would be the place where Reign would forever lose himself to. When the time presented itself and Reign disappeared for a time in his sacred orchard, Deviant would seek him out and deal a fatal blow with a concealed dagger.

Deviant's weapons and armor had been left behind in his struggle to reach the fortified walls of Cronos' keep. So it was Cronos who had to supply him with the weapons necessary to deal a blow fatal enough to bring down Reign's clan. Cronos pulls Thaak aside and gives him careful instructions on his plans before Deviant sets out on his mission. Cronos finishes with, "He is not to fail, if he does not complete his task, you will finish it yourself and if he gives you any resistance you will end him." Thaak nods, and heads out to prepare.

Cronos summons forth Lautreamont and has an in depth discussion about the oncoming strategical intricacies. "I will have my forces siege Reign's base camp, in the chaos I expect Reign to not be present. He will have hidden himself away in the sanctuary he finds, the only place of beauty left in his battle ravaged lands he holds claim to. I will have my champion Thaak with me as we storm the defenses and cripple the interior of Reign's clan. This should serve to soften and sow chaos amidst his ranks, and the final blow shall be dealt by Deviant. As Reign hopes to hide until the dust settles, Deviant will come upon him and end it. The remaining forces left of Reign's clan will scatter and disband, they will bicker amongst each other for control of what remains of the clan sending them further into ruin. Others will assimilate themselves into my clan, and I shall be the main power holder left in these lands. Get my sword and armor, It's time I don it one last time again before I rise to absolute power." Lautreamont bows his head and says, "You needn't any advice from me, the strategy is bold and cunning and will speed up the process of ending this. Otherwise, it would be a waiting game until Reign is knocked from power. I shall assemble your forces now." Lautreamont raises his head and begins to walk off.

Graf, Cronos' son, walks out from behind a wall, and Cronos and Lautreamont turn their attention towards him. Cronos waves his hand in dismissal of Lautreamont, and Lautreamont nods and steps out leaving the father and son duo alone. Cronos now turns his head solely on his son, Graf, who now stands before him.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:30 PM   #97

Graf stands ready and eager to prove himself and says to his father, "The time is now, and the final battle is upon us. The one fated to decide the ruler of these lands, and now I shall draw my sword and take arms with you, my father, to the final, pivotal battle." Cronos chuckles, "You've been listening." Graf nods, "I've always listened." Cronos smiles, "Yes, you are a good pupil, and I know how you have yearned for battle. As a father, I've battled with myself so long on how to approach this very topic and very day. But, I've come forth with the notion that every future leader must be battle hardened and tested. It's not enough to teach technique and maneuvers, one needs to find out for himself the agony of war. War cannot be taught or recounted in depth and detail, it has to be experienced first hand to actually be able to get a true feel for it. So, it is important for you to see the battles of war first hand, just as my previous disciple has. He was not of my own blood, so it was easier for me to give him up than you."

Graf groans, "Father, you make it sound as if I were to die and never come home. Things will go smoothly, I've been in tight situations before." Cronos stands up, and speaks as he walks towards Graf. "Listen, you can't be too over-confident in this. There is a great possibility that you could become either wounded or killed, and that even I could die. There is the chance that neither of us, or one of us will come home. In the event that I were to die, I would hope that you would lead well and continue the siege in my name and honor. In the more unfortunate event that we both succumb to death, I would turn leadership into the hands of Lautreamont and his ever present wisdom and guiding hand. Now, I've fought in battles before, and I've obviously survived every one of them thus far. This time, I feel this is the last of the major battles, and with victory Tulopia would be ruled by a unified hand. We win this, and we likely never have to see battle again. In any event, this should serve as a great opportunity for you. I will draw my sword again, and you will wield yours in battle for the first time."

Cronos stands before his son smiling, and joyful. Graf asserts himself and says, "I will not fail you father, I will prove my valor in battle and show my desire for greatness that you have strived for and sought in me." The two wander around the fortresses' main stronghold, and chatter about duty and honor, battles and struggles, as well as the past and looking into the future. While the battle that could determine the future and shape of Tulopia looms ahead.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #98

Deviant had made the trek back to Reign's stronghold, rehearsing everything in his mind over and over again. As he walked into the room where Reign stood in concentrated thought, an unmoved silence was broken. Deviant waited silently, behind Reign in the same tattered rags that had been on him when he made his journey to Cronos' fortress. Reign broke in thought, and turned around to meet with the shadowy presence that loomed over him. He still couldn't really believe it, that Deviant could have actually survived the battle was beyond all reason. Deviant was dead, from the moment he lay helpless and wounded. It was almost as if Reign had seen a phantom, and he was slightly perturbed. Before Reign could even react to it, Deviant spoke.

"You left me there to die...on that battlefield...to rot." A shiver went down Reign's spine, he still couldn't fathom it and he had a lot to ask of what happened. "But...how did you-?" Deviant cut him off, "Get out of there? I myself continually question as to why he just left me there to rot with my wounds rather than finish the job. Perhaps, he took pity on me or perhaps he was so disgusted with my errors made in battle that he'd prefer not to give me the justice of an honorable death. I abandoned all my heavy equipment, and wandered aimlessly for many long days just to find a shelter in these war ravaged lands. Eventually, I happened upon a river and found food where I could. This kept me going and alive, until you see me here now."

Reign stood there briefly, a little awe struck at how he was spared and even more surprised that he had not actually died of his wounds. Deviant, though he wasn't lying about the fact that he had been spared, the details of course were a little warped to fit the agenda he would be serving. He obviously omitted the fact that he first made his trek towards Cronos' fortress first, and was persuaded into a plot to assassinate Reign. Reign replies to Deviant's account with, "This is an impressive tale, and I'm just glad to have you back in the fold. It was a foolish mistake on Cronos' warlords to have spared you, and it will be one that they will surely come to regret." Reign had bought into it, and of course Reign wouldn't expect the man who had showed him the kindness of bringing him into his own home when Reign had none of assassinating him.

Some time passes, and soon word arrives from Reign's scouts that a vast force from Cronos' armies is marching towards the stronghold to mount an offensive.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:59 PM   #99

Reign, looking down, says, "So Cronos himself is coming to lay siege to my stronghold? What would possess him to make such a bold and daring endeavor at this point in the war? He must think I'm pretty weakened to have thought he could just easily come in and take what he wants. I don't know what he's thinking, but if he thinks he is going to destroy my foundation I'll hit him with something else. Our armies are still strong, he clearly under-estimates my power. We will meet him on the battlefield, before he comes any closer within range of our walls."

Deviant, Oam, and Noman are all standing in the room listening to Reign's battle strategy. Oam, who decided to be the more direct one, says to Reign, "But, wouldn't we have the strategical advantage defending within our walls?" Reign glances in Oam's direction, "Cronos has obviously got something planned and ready, he intends to siege our walls. We're going to do something different, and we'll meet him on the fields and plains. He won't be able to hide behind his ranks from our archers then. It's a chance, a rare opportunity that has presented itself. To kill Cronos, and win the war by dethroning the clan leader. By meeting him there, I want you all to search him out, and have him killed by any means. He can't run from a battle if one jumps right at him, and if he flees we will give chase.

Noman nods and says, "Then you would have us kill him, together, and overwhelm him if we meet him on the fields of battle?" Reign laughs, "Yes, why fight honorably, when you are much more effective at killing working together?" Noman replies, "Then, we shall seek him out, and we shall make his clan leaderless and in disarray." Oam speaks up again, "No, we're forgetting the boy, Graf, his son." Reign sits still for awhile and says, "The boy has never even led armies, all he has seen is paper wars, he won't have the experience needed to properly sustain a clan after the toppling of it's leader." Noman leans in and adds, "Then we shall waylay Cronos on his path, and kill him, then watch as things crumble beneath his corpse!"

Reign grins, "Excellent, you both will do me well. You're proven fighters, I know that together he could not stand to win against your combined might. You two are dismissed, Deviant shall remain. I will have my couriers arrange for the armies that you will both lead to intercept Cronos before he reaches the stronghold. The force shall be sufficiently vast enough to match his, as he insults me with such a paltry invading force. From there, as the battle progresses you may retreat and pull back behind the walls of the stronghold where archers and a defending force will already be reinforcing the walls."

The warlords, Oam and Noman dismiss themselves and prepare for the oncoming battle ahead. Now, alone with Deviant, Reign says, "Deviant, I don't plan on being here when the fighting starts. You're my best fighter, I want you to reinforce the stronghold and command the armies here while Oam and Noman keep the fight lasting outside the walls. I am under a lot of distress lately, the war has been taking it's toll on me, with no immediate end in sight and yet this stalemate cannot go on forever. I think Cronos has realized this too, and has become more aggressive with this recent act. I need to slip away from all of this for a brief few moments, and find some tranquility despite all this chaos. If only for a short while, and then I will return back to my duties. Send for me when I am needed again, I will be residing in my place of thought. If you cannot find me, I will find you, things should be able to run themselves for awhile without me. I wouldn't worry, I have the utmost amount of confidence that you will be able to repel this siege." Deviant closes his eyes, and kneels to his sovereign, and Reign heads out to run from his pursuer and make more distance until things settle. Of course, even Deviant knew that.

A few more hours set in as dawn approaches, Reign is nowhere to be found commanding the armies within the stronghold. Deviant takes his place as commander and makes the necessary order for the men to defend themselves, and miles away, Cronos' army approaches on the intercepting force of Oam and Noman.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:34 PM   #100

Cronos' forces continue their daily march and as they head into a clearing, they come face to face with a vast intervening army. The light infantry heading the march spot it, and couriers relay the message back to Cronos. He orders the men to line up in formation, and then he reaches to the hilt of his blade and clasps his hand around it. He begins to think about the time he first put his sword down to a life of diplomacy, and how long it has been. It was after the first major war of Tulopia, when Cronos' clan went from just a small insurgent force to one of the largest territory holders of the lands. Before the first major war, Tulopia was ruled by four separate kingdoms, Cronos and Darius were actually counterparts with the same amitious goal. Cronos, however, was very involved in internal affairs and politics, Darius was not and this was the major difference. Darius was the first major advocator of anarchistic rule, that is, rule by anarchy, or a lack of rulership thereof. Cronos was the disseminator of anarchy and chaos, and being so involved within the court of one of the four major kingdoms he was able to weigh things for his personal gain.

Cronos and Darius were not enemies, though they were not exactly allies per se. They did enjoy using each other for personal gain, and Cronos didn't hesitate to direct the spread of anarchy through Darius' devout anarchists. Conversely, Darius realized how powerful and useful Cronos was in his position and could see that he could help sow the seeds of dissent. Cronos did, in his time serving in the inner courts, he created a rift between two of the kingdoms in the unstable armistice held by the kingdoms. Two of the kingdoms erupted into all out war, and during this time Cronos assembled his secret order with his most trusted advisor Lautreamont and his servant Thaak. This is when Cronos first wielded his sword, and carried it into what would be an act of revolution that would mar the sanctity of order forever in Tulopia. Cronos and his secret order walked into the inner sanctum of the castle of one of the other four kingdoms not involved in the war unimpeded. Once there, they proceeded to block the door to the inner sanctum and began their gruesome slaughter. The councilmen were slain without mercy, and their monarch was thrown ten stories to the ground and onto the stone pavement. This kingdom erupted into civil war, and tiny factions or clans began to form from the order that once was an entire kingdom vying for power.

The last kingdom, secure in it's neutrality in the war, was to experience it's own set of trials. Darius' forces began spreading it's own brand of havok. The food supplies had been poisoned, the water was tainted, the herds became diseased and sick, and fires were spreading. The kingdom eventually fell from power, as Darius began his relentless attack from the shadows on the last vestiges of power held by the kingdom.

Cronos was accused of murder and conspiracy to undermine the order and sanctity of the armistice of the four kingdoms. Brought before a grand court of his fellow councilmen, with his monarch presiding over him, Cronos lowered himself to one knee in humble reverence. The council, however, would not forgive Cronos' misdeeds. He was charged for starting the war between the two kingdoms that ravaged their forces with great losses, and with the assassination of the entire inner council of another kingdom. Cronos rose with a grin of wicked mirk, and dozens of would-be onlookers to the proceedings throw down their veiled cloaks and begin to bloody their blades on Cronos' accusers. Cronos then rose to power to bring his secret order into the forefront of the unrest plaguing Tulopia, and factioned from his kingdom into his own clan. He began looking to his allies to continue the war with the last kingdom, and increasing the power of his own clan.

Darius did his own part to help topple the last remaining powerhouse of Tulopia. He would ambush their forces and spray them with arrows from a covered location, diminishing their effectiveness for when Cronos would launch his strategic attacks. Though Cronos was always badly outnumbered, his forces fought furiously and eventually Tulopia became split into various clans rather than 4 kingdoms. Darius disappeared into the shadows once again to return to his silent plotting, and Cronos put down his sword to lead his armies from a throne. But, now Cronos finds himself wielding that sword again, before setting out to march he dusted off a chest to find his sword waiting for him and still in excellent condition. So now, the last remaining clan to contend for Tulopia will have it's blood spilt on it's sharp edge.

Cronos snaps back into the moment at hand, and catches eye contact with his former warlord Oam. Oam grins, and then extends his entire arm outward and points. An entire army sets itself towards Cronos' forces and all out war breaks loose.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #101

As the ranks of each army spill out into the open fields and collide, Oam cleaves his way through men in order to get to Cronos. Cronos was a smart and defensive fighter, very tactical and constantly watching for the slightest slip up on his opponent's part before he would strike true. Rather than risk an attack that could fail and land a blade in his abdomen, he remains calm and composed and on the ready for when he knows he can pierce his enemy. With his massive and impressive blade, his claymore in hand, he outmaneuvers his opponents one by one.

Oam kept his sights on Cronos, and eventually stood face to face with the clan leader himself, the disseminator of anarchy and chaos. Oam, still with that smirk on his face, points his sword toward Cronos as if marking him for challenge and says, "Your blade is weak from disuse and disrepair, oh great clan leader! Today I will spill your blood across the lands and sever your name from history forever!" Cronos lifts his sword to cross with Oam's, and he chuckles in a mocking tone and says, "History will remember me as a revolutionary, history will remember you only as another soldier that stands in my way...but your name will be forgotten." Oam clashes his sword against Cronos' with rage and says, "History will remember me as the man who ends you!" The two begin to exchange attacks, and Cronos continues to block Oam's attacks with his large, heavy, two handed sword.

Oam swings wildly, and Cronos keeps his distance from Oam's attacks with his long blade. Noman, making a more cautious approach towards Cronos, slowly makes his way towards the two combatants. As Cronos and Oam go at it, Graf is also on the battlefield making his impression on his enemies. Graf is an elegant fighter, utilizing form and technique to overcome his attackers. Taking lessons from both Thaak and his own father, Graf is both resourceful and tactful on the battlefield. His sword, Black Woe, is a foreboding weapon. The blade is 26 inches long, double edged, with teeth cut into the blade along the bottom part of the edge and before the ornate hilt. Along the blade of the sword there were fullers on each side, or better named blood grooves. On the hilt, the guard surrounds both sides of the grip to act more as a knuckle-guard, with sharp spikes protruding 4 inches from the guard. The metal grip was wrapped in black leather, and the pommel at the end of the hilt had a 2 inch spike jutting out. Foes would find Graf not only to be an outstanding fighter, but his sword to be quite efficient and deadly to cross.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #102

Graf eagerly tears into his first opponent, a fighter with an axe chops down at Graf and he raises his sword arm catching the blade of the axe in the teeth of his own blade. Then Graf quickly pushes off and slashes across the fighter's gut, following that with carrying his sword arm back and behind him to use the spike on the end of the hilt to pierce into the side of the neck of another soldier that intends to lay into Graf. Graf then brings his sword arm back forward to place his other hand on the grip, and raising his arms he begins to turn his entire body in the other direction to tear diagonally across into the soldier behind him. Completing this, Graf turns his body back into the direction of the soldier before him and cleanly severs the head from the fighter's body. During all of this, Graf performs these fluid maneuvers in the span of only about 3 seconds, effectively killing them both before they can land a counterattack.

Another soldier blindly charges at Graf, as he brings his sword down to cut the man in twain, but Graf sidesteps and avoids the blow. Graf, quickly seizing the opportunity, thrusts his sword into the soldier. The soldier grunts, and clasps his hands around the blade that pierced into him. Graf twists and rips his sword from the soldier, and brings his sword facing down and to his side. Blood seeps down the fullers of the blade as they act as gutters for it, and the dark red liquid trickles down the very tip and splashes onto the petals of a white rose below Graf. The soldier falls to his knees, and droplets of blood shower down from his palms and onto the foliage surrounding him. He looks up into Graf's eyes, that are empty and without remorse and says to Graf, “My name is...Cyril....” Cyril collapses, hands extended, as he smears blood all over the thirsting grass. Graf looks down, shaking his head and says to himself, "Poor soul...."

With the intense fighting happening all around these expert fighters, the greatest of these men could not go easily unseen and unheard. Thaak also lends his two deadly and superbly crafted broadswords to add to the death toll. The screams and howls of the broad swords could be audibly heard for some distance as they come whirring down on their enemies. But, while Thaak and Graf cleave through men, Cronos is about to engage in a deadlock for his life.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:11 PM   #103

Noman, with Cronos and Oam locked in combat up ahead, begins to make a hole in the wall of soldiers that surrounds the two fighters. Noman watches as an enemy soldier cuts into a nearby ally, and with the soldier's sword still lodged in his ally’s body Noman grabs a dagger from his belt. Now, as soon as Noman takes the dagger in hand, he quickly pierces it into the side of the enemy soldier's neck and shoves the soldier aside before he can even retrieve his own blade from the body of his victim. Noman slips past the soldier and through the wall of soldiers that separated him from his ally Oam locked into combat with Cronos.

Noman attempts to take the advantage as Cronos is preoccupied with Oam, and Noman raises his short sword to bring it down against Cronos' back. As Oam attempts to tie up Cronos with his swordplay, Cronos swings with his heavy Claymore against Oam's long sword. Then, Cronos turns his weight back and brings his sword to strike a powerful blow against Noman's short sword before he can bring it down. This causes Noman to knock back a little from the force of the hit, and Cronos releases he left hand from his blade and quickly lunged forward and snaps his grip around Oam's throat. Cronos squeezes and twists Oam around, and forcibly sends him down and back straight to the ground. Putting his other hand back on his sword's grip, Cronos carries the weight of his claymore into another brutal strike on Noman's sword as he tries to regain his footing. With Noman stumbling around from the power behind his attacks, Cronos tries to end the fight and tries to strike downward with his next attack. Noman firmly grips both hands into this parry to hold Cronos' sword back, and it then becomes a struggle of who's stronger.

Oam, now back on his feet charges towards Cronos as Cronos spots him out of the corner of his eye. Cronos pushes off of Noman as he tries to disengage, throwing Noman just a bit forward. Then, Cronos brings his claymore up and over his head and behind his body to just narrowly escape a slash at his sides. As Cronos stood there tied up with the two fighters, Oam seizes the opportunity and kicks the back leg up from under Cronos. Cronos twists, and falls slowly to his side, crashing down heavily in his armor. Now, Cronos lay helpless on the ground to the engineering’s of two ruthless combatants using their combined strengths to overcome the impressive clan leader.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #104

It's been too long, I know.

Cronos lays there, so many thoughts racing through his head. "How could I have miscalculated? I can't die here, I'm not finished yet. Impossible, I was supposed to forge an empire. Is this really how it will end, after all that's been done, all that's left? I was so close... Damn these accursed traitors. I won't die...."

Cronos regains his composure and calms his thoughts. "I won't die like this." Oam boasts, "You don't have much of a choice! I will end you, here and now; severing your name from history forever!" Cronos softly begins laughing to himself, and it builds to a roaring laughter. "I won't be killed by you...and if I'm to be killed it'll be from someone with cunning." Oam grips both hands around the hilt of his long sword and raises it over Cronos' chest. "Damn you!!!"

The sword drops down with it's tip piercing through the air like a guillotine drops down to sever heads. In that moment, that very second, it's the longest minute ever. As if in dramatic fashion, the built up killing blow just won't go fast enough for Oam, Cronos, Noman pverseeing it all and especially for Reign whose very plans rest on this very moment. Time is slowed, and in that moment against all rationale, leaping up off his feet from the ground Graf performs this selfless yet reckless aerial assualt. Having seen his father in dire straits, but not being close enough to intercept Oam, Graf leapt forward with his left hand extended forward and his right hand on his superbly crafted sword Black Woe. As if he was being lifted up by the wind, he soared several yards towards Oam. It would come down to who, in this very instance, could act fastest. But, time was like friction to Oam's long sword, and he just couldn't bring it down onto Cronos fast enough. Having leapt with great ferocity and so much adrenaline, it just wasn't enough to tackle Oam. He wouldn't make it, but Black Woe would...

Graf impulsively propels his sword Black Woe from his right hand's grip and it rips through the air effortlessly. Oam spots it, right from the corner of his eye, shooting through the air at him like a well aimed arrow. No friction, not anything. Readjusting his grip, Oam swings his long sword to deflect the oncoming missile.

A loud, sharp puncturing sound resonates among them; the sound of cutting through flesh, bone and sinew. Graf hits the ground with a thud, skipping and rolling before coming to a halt, Oam is still standing over Cronos, Cronos is laying on his back, and Noman lets out a gasp collapsing to his knees....
Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #105
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23

Bincount™: 6220

I'm not in this story. I don't approve.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #106
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl
I'm not in this story. I don't approve.
You wouldn't be.
You never meant a word. Not a fucking word of it. I am so sick of goodbyes. So sick of committing suicide. I am so sick of the in between, now and then. So sick of swinging the hammer. So sick of my suicide, of burying every hero that I had.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #107
Can't you...SEE?

Bincount™: 4906

This is the biggest TDN LARP ever.

oh, that's right it's because of this gangsta ass life i lead"
-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: