opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 05-29-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627
Invincible

I’ve seen this crumble before my eyes
The illusion of worlds spread before me
And the greatest and least of men take their chances
I’ve seen sidewalks and cities; trees and meadows; lives and deaths flash by my window while we stand here idle before the hands of God
We’ve torn through time, ignorant to its measures and precautions
Invincible
we thought we were
and they made us that way
The fog of sweet air saturating our senses as we rushed through the valleys and mountains and took in this wide world through the eyes of a god
Invincible
No care nor worry nor
time to care or worry, the pedal was pressed too hard as we pressed ourselves harder, all the more eager to relax and shake off these chains
Oh, will we ever change? Or are we too convinced that the world around us will fit our needs and desires. No need to perspire or fret away the days that could all too quickly come to an end
But we’re invincible!
They have made us so
Their twisted hands push us and form us and force us their way
But it’s my way now, oh, I’ll take these fingers and these hands and clench my fists so tight that they’ll need to set me free! And away I’ll speed so fast that life, like a blur, will flash before my eyes outside the window! Yes, oh, yes! No they, nothing, nothing can hold me now! I’ll open these cast-iron gates and see things my own way, my own way, my own way, my own way, my own way, some day
But I sit here, behind the window

Idle before the hands of gods
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 223
Re: Invincible

Damn, I thought this was gonna be about Mark Wahlberg! But seriously, not bad. A bit contrived and pretensive but overall not bad.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: