46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-24-2007 at 06:58 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/23 - Manchester, UK - The Apollo

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenima

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-24-2007 at 06:58 AM..
OFFLINE |  
spjlowid
08-24-2007, 05:46 AM

The gig last night was amazing, i thought tool were really on form

This is the 2nd time ive seen them and i thought they were better this time even though they played a slightly shorter setlist

The gig was rougher than i thought it would be because there was alot of pushing and moshing but i didnt mind that too much

Setlist was:
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenima
Old 08-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/23 - Manchester, UK - The Apollo

The gig last night was amazing, i thought tool were really on form

This is the 2nd time ive seen them and i thought they were better this time even though they played a slightly shorter setlist

The gig was rougher than i thought it would be because there was alot of pushing and moshing but i didnt mind that too much

Setlist was:
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenima
OFFLINE |  
Kylix
08-24-2007, 06:58 AM

The above setlist is correct.

I was really bummed out for the first half of the show due to the amount of assholes there, and I really wished I would've gotten seating tickets.

The floor was really horrible and it put a downer on the whole gig for me - I don't mind a bit of moshing, but it seems the gig was full of wasted assholes who just turned up to take their shorts off and throw themselves around as much as possible - what can you do though? Still managed to enjoy myself.

Flood made up for any amount of unwanted pits and moshing though, definitely the highlight of the night. The only song in the set I hadn't seen performed live already and one of my fave tool songs, the huge build up was immense and when Justin kicked in with the bass riff, I though I was going to explode. Would've liked pushit too, but you can't have everything.

Overall, great night for the band, poor night for the crowd. Thought Russian Circles played an awesome set too. Gonna pick up their album for sure.

Oh, and I wanted to kill the ginger kid who took his short off before Tool came on. Man, I hate people.

Much love to the Tool,
A very cynical 16-year old.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

The above setlist is correct.

I was really bummed out for the first half of the show due to the amount of assholes there, and I really wished I would've gotten seating tickets.

The floor was really horrible and it put a downer on the whole gig for me - I don't mind a bit of moshing, but it seems the gig was full of wasted assholes who just turned up to take their shorts off and throw themselves around as much as possible - what can you do though? Still managed to enjoy myself.

Flood made up for any amount of unwanted pits and moshing though, definitely the highlight of the night. The only song in the set I hadn't seen performed live already and one of my fave tool songs, the huge build up was immense and when Justin kicked in with the bass riff, I though I was going to explode. Would've liked pushit too, but you can't have everything.

Overall, great night for the band, poor night for the crowd. Thought Russian Circles played an awesome set too. Gonna pick up their album for sure.

Oh, and I wanted to kill the ginger kid who took his short off before Tool came on. Man, I hate people.

Much love to the Tool,
A very cynical 16-year old.
OFFLINE |  
ktdude's Avatar ktdude
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM

It was an awesome gig, great venue, the sound was devastating. Adam looked like an American Indian chief dressed in all white with pigtails in his hair. Maynard was very quiet and at times seemed to be struggling a little with his voice but it didn't detract from the experience as the other three were as tight as I've ever seen them and seemed pretty chilled.

Danny DESTROYED the solo section of Lateralus, he was on TOP form. The light show in the interval was absolutely immense, better than I've seen before, kind of an alien experience!! awesome light show throughout the second half with the crazy lasers. It was great to see Flood live, so fucking heavy through the opening section.

That was the 8th time I have seen Tool in the space of 14 months, and for me it was the best.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #4
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

It was an awesome gig, great venue, the sound was devastating. Adam looked like an American Indian chief dressed in all white with pigtails in his hair. Maynard was very quiet and at times seemed to be struggling a little with his voice but it didn't detract from the experience as the other three were as tight as I've ever seen them and seemed pretty chilled.

Danny DESTROYED the solo section of Lateralus, he was on TOP form. The light show in the interval was absolutely immense, better than I've seen before, kind of an alien experience!! awesome light show throughout the second half with the crazy lasers. It was great to see Flood live, so fucking heavy through the opening section.

That was the 8th time I have seen Tool in the space of 14 months, and for me it was the best.
OFFLINE |  
jeremy_spoke_in
08-24-2007, 07:53 AM

This was my first and hopefully not last tool gig, they were amazing. The venue was awesome as well. I just stayed right at the back as the view was good wherever you were in there.
i knew they had been playing the same set at all the festivals they've been doing, and hoped they might change it for the 3 UK shows but it wasn't to be. Stinkfist and aenema were my highlights. Just wish i'd heard the likes of opiate, sober, h and eulogy. Next time i hope.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my first and hopefully not last tool gig, they were amazing. The venue was awesome as well. I just stayed right at the back as the view was good wherever you were in there.
i knew they had been playing the same set at all the festivals they've been doing, and hoped they might change it for the 3 UK shows but it wasn't to be. Stinkfist and aenema were my highlights. Just wish i'd heard the likes of opiate, sober, h and eulogy. Next time i hope.
OFFLINE |  
bigev
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM

brill gig much better sound and venue to brixton

i thought russian circles were good

shame tool didnt mix up the set list a little all a bit to predictable
Old 08-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

brill gig much better sound and venue to brixton

i thought russian circles were good

shame tool didnt mix up the set list a little all a bit to predictable
OFFLINE |  
adipokerface's Avatar adipokerface
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM

damn good. they played tighter than a ducks arsehole!
saw em last time round at the MEN and this was much better sound wise. was in seating this time round too so got a good view of the laser show. only minus was the guy in seat behind me trying to kick my seat in time with the music and failing horribly.. one glare was enough to stop him tho thankfully.

russian circles were pretty good. drummer was amazing but the bassist looked like a twat...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 213

damn good. they played tighter than a ducks arsehole!
saw em last time round at the MEN and this was much better sound wise. was in seating this time round too so got a good view of the laser show. only minus was the guy in seat behind me trying to kick my seat in time with the music and failing horribly.. one glare was enough to stop him tho thankfully.

russian circles were pretty good. drummer was amazing but the bassist looked like a twat...
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM

Fourth time I've seen them in a little over a year and they were excellent!

We stood almost dead centre in front of the mixing decks and everything was spot on.

The crowd were not quite as bad as at the MEN last year. I hoped the gig whores would be lured by the Leeds Festival :)

I thought Russian Circles were pretty good, but my mate (who can actually play stuff) said they were nothing special. Oh well...

I was greeted by a fellow Puscifer shirt wearer!

Maynard seemed to be in good spirits. Which is always a plus :)

Sigh. Now what to do for the next five years...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Fourth time I've seen them in a little over a year and they were excellent!

We stood almost dead centre in front of the mixing decks and everything was spot on.

The crowd were not quite as bad as at the MEN last year. I hoped the gig whores would be lured by the Leeds Festival :)

I thought Russian Circles were pretty good, but my mate (who can actually play stuff) said they were nothing special. Oh well...

I was greeted by a fellow Puscifer shirt wearer!

Maynard seemed to be in good spirits. Which is always a plus :)

Sigh. Now what to do for the next five years...
OFFLINE |  
readyfuels
08-25-2007, 11:26 AM

I thought that of the three nights, this was the most sedate. At least where I was (two-three rows back, in front of Justin). That said, someone did headbutt me in the back of the head in an attempt to get me out of the way, which is a new approach, I have to admit. A failed attempt, might I add.

Another good night. I have to echo the above poster who said that Danny destroyed it cos he truly did. He never fails to impress, but he got better and better each night, which I didn't even realise was possible.

I hope its not too long before they're back, even though I can see it being so.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

I thought that of the three nights, this was the most sedate. At least where I was (two-three rows back, in front of Justin). That said, someone did headbutt me in the back of the head in an attempt to get me out of the way, which is a new approach, I have to admit. A failed attempt, might I add.

Another good night. I have to echo the above poster who said that Danny destroyed it cos he truly did. He never fails to impress, but he got better and better each night, which I didn't even realise was possible.

I hope its not too long before they're back, even though I can see it being so.
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM

My second Tool show. I travelled from Finland just to see them.

Last year in Turku Festival was amazing but I felt that I needed to see Tool in more intimate situation than in a festival and also hear their full set. I was really hoping to hear Wings For Marie live and I thought the best chance would be an UK show as it's kinda their other home country and they would want to give their best. For some odd reason the set in Manchester was quite short and they didn't play Wings which, to be honest, left me a bit disappointed. Extented Lateralus was cool tough.

46&2 was the highlight for me, probably cos I didn't expect anything from it. I really enjoyed watching how Adam focused on those only few notes that he has to play. Rosetta was also cool. It's weird that Maynard has chosen a kind of humorous angle to his lyrics as for the other members the song seems to be quite important. Danny and Justing shone during their jamming part before the climax. Maynard sang the lines "got me yelping 'holy fucking shit'" and "I hope uncle parker didn't notice that I pissed my fucking pants" with a hilarious Mickey Mouse voice. Also in Lateralus after Danny's drum solo Maynard gave Danny a grade 9.7 for his performance by showing numbers that were written on pieces of paper. Other than that Maynard seemed a bit tired (started dancing during Adam's solo in Jambi but then suddenly stopped) and only spoke the few necassary lines (hello, thanks, see you soon yadda yadda).

Altough I didn't get Wings, seeing Tool in their own show with full stage lights was an amazing experience. And by the way, you guys in UK have a great concert culture. I wish there were venues like Apollo theatre in Finland. Excluding the few idiots to me 95% of the audience seemed like very warm-hearted and musically aware people.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

My second Tool show. I travelled from Finland just to see them.

Last year in Turku Festival was amazing but I felt that I needed to see Tool in more intimate situation than in a festival and also hear their full set. I was really hoping to hear Wings For Marie live and I thought the best chance would be an UK show as it's kinda their other home country and they would want to give their best. For some odd reason the set in Manchester was quite short and they didn't play Wings which, to be honest, left me a bit disappointed. Extented Lateralus was cool tough.

46&2 was the highlight for me, probably cos I didn't expect anything from it. I really enjoyed watching how Adam focused on those only few notes that he has to play. Rosetta was also cool. It's weird that Maynard has chosen a kind of humorous angle to his lyrics as for the other members the song seems to be quite important. Danny and Justing shone during their jamming part before the climax. Maynard sang the lines "got me yelping 'holy fucking shit'" and "I hope uncle parker didn't notice that I pissed my fucking pants" with a hilarious Mickey Mouse voice. Also in Lateralus after Danny's drum solo Maynard gave Danny a grade 9.7 for his performance by showing numbers that were written on pieces of paper. Other than that Maynard seemed a bit tired (started dancing during Adam's solo in Jambi but then suddenly stopped) and only spoke the few necassary lines (hello, thanks, see you soon yadda yadda).

Altough I didn't get Wings, seeing Tool in their own show with full stage lights was an amazing experience. And by the way, you guys in UK have a great concert culture. I wish there were venues like Apollo theatre in Finland. Excluding the few idiots to me 95% of the audience seemed like very warm-hearted and musically aware people.
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM

Oh, I don't know. His bye was kinda nice.

"Take care and look out for one another on the way home."

I had to chuckle when he wandered onstage and announced "Good Evening"
Old 08-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Oh, I don't know. His bye was kinda nice.

"Take care and look out for one another on the way home."

I had to chuckle when he wandered onstage and announced "Good Evening"
OFFLINE |  
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM

We were 3 people from Norway and visit Manchester for 2 days. No football, but Tool :)

The show was intense and totaly amazing. Justin seems really into it as you could tell that he played for his home town.

As an old theater you could see the hole stage and I was close to the sound board. The sound was very good and far better than Øyafestivalen in Oslo.

Great that they played the hole version of Flood, but I thought for a second they were starting playing Wings on the intro though. Ænima was the anticlimax at the end.

Maynard said "see you soon", I hope that would be with Tool...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

We were 3 people from Norway and visit Manchester for 2 days. No football, but Tool :)

The show was intense and totaly amazing. Justin seems really into it as you could tell that he played for his home town.

As an old theater you could see the hole stage and I was close to the sound board. The sound was very good and far better than Øyafestivalen in Oslo.

Great that they played the hole version of Flood, but I thought for a second they were starting playing Wings on the intro though. Ænima was the anticlimax at the end.

Maynard said "see you soon", I hope that would be with Tool...
OFFLINE |  
Ste7en
08-27-2007, 12:11 PM

Anyone notice the ceiling had an anaglypta type pattern on it that looked like A Perfect Circle logo? :)
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Anyone notice the ceiling had an anaglypta type pattern on it that looked like A Perfect Circle logo? :)
OFFLINE |  
ktdude's Avatar ktdude
08-28-2007, 02:48 AM

I didn't know Justin was from Manchester?? he certainly doesn't sound like it when you hear him speak!!

anyway, glad everyone else enjoyed it. I was actually glad they didn't play Wings as I saw it a few times in November and when I had a look at some of the other set lists it seemed to be Wings OR Aenema and Flood and I was definitely happy to hear the second two.

I am still buzzing from the gig, it's really weird. I just thought it was really fucking speical and although they're always great live this one just shone out as being the best. oh and I forgot about Maynard during the start of Rosetta Stoned, lol.

I hope we really will 'see them soon' although to be fair, we've had our fair share of Tool shows in the last 14 months, can't really complain. we can always hope though!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #14
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

I didn't know Justin was from Manchester?? he certainly doesn't sound like it when you hear him speak!!

anyway, glad everyone else enjoyed it. I was actually glad they didn't play Wings as I saw it a few times in November and when I had a look at some of the other set lists it seemed to be Wings OR Aenema and Flood and I was definitely happy to hear the second two.

I am still buzzing from the gig, it's really weird. I just thought it was really fucking speical and although they're always great live this one just shone out as being the best. oh and I forgot about Maynard during the start of Rosetta Stoned, lol.

I hope we really will 'see them soon' although to be fair, we've had our fair share of Tool shows in the last 14 months, can't really complain. we can always hope though!
OFFLINE |  
Her Ghost
08-28-2007, 06:27 AM

he also made a Morrisey joke, which was nice :)

sucks being from Manchester sometimes

Lateralus was beautiful. Perfect.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

he also made a Morrisey joke, which was nice :)

sucks being from Manchester sometimes

Lateralus was beautiful. Perfect.
OFFLINE |  
Arctic Monk
08-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Ace show. Nice to hear Flood and I didn't find the crowd too bad.

Anyone got a list of all the bands that were played on the speakers beforehand?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Ace show. Nice to hear Flood and I didn't find the crowd too bad.

Anyone got a list of all the bands that were played on the speakers beforehand?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply