Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
10-08-2014, 07:03 PM

There's still plenty of time for a 2015 release, but it's no certainty by any means.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #1401
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: New Tool Album

There's still plenty of time for a 2015 release, but it's no certainty by any means.
10-18-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm a little late to the game on this one, but toward the end of King Crimson revival tour this past month, Danny dropped by for one of the shows. Some charming pics of him backstage with 2 of the 3 drummers in the current KC lineup.

https://www.facebook.com/12036642464...605177/?type=1

Just seemed like a fun thing to share :/
Old 10-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #1402
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

I'm a little late to the game on this one, but toward the end of King Crimson revival tour this past month, Danny dropped by for one of the shows. Some charming pics of him backstage with 2 of the 3 drummers in the current KC lineup.

https://www.facebook.com/12036642464...605177/?type=1

Just seemed like a fun thing to share :/
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
10-18-2014, 09:21 PM

Awesome danny with gavin!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #1403
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Awesome danny with gavin!
10-18-2014, 09:27 PM

Gavin had a mind blowing solo at the end of every set. Fuck, everything was amazing. Saw all 3 shows in Chicago. Wish I could relive it.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #1404
Level 10 - Vehement

Gavin had a mind blowing solo at the end of every set. Fuck, everything was amazing. Saw all 3 shows in Chicago. Wish I could relive it.
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
11-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Via Fourtheye, "A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab." (my emphasis)

Sigh. This is confirmation that the downward trajectory of the lyrical quality that began with 10,000 Days will continue.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #1405
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3

Via Fourtheye, "A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab." (my emphasis)

Sigh. This is confirmation that the downward trajectory of the lyrical quality that began with 10,000 Days will continue.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
11-30-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic View Post

I think you're over thinking it far too much. The working title was most likely decided well before Maynard started adding lyrics to it, and is probably a reference to how the track sounds, rather suggesting some Pusciferesque lyrics.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #1406
crows before hoes

Quote:

I think you're over thinking it far too much. The working title was most likely decided well before Maynard started adding lyrics to it, and is probably a reference to how the track sounds, rather suggesting some Pusciferesque lyrics.
12-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Sounds like some V is for Vagina bullshit

I don't trust it
Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #1407
Ignorant Irresponsible Bastard

Bincount™: 523

Sounds like some V is for Vagina bullshit

I don't trust it
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
12-01-2014, 08:02 PM

Sounds like INANFTP
Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #1408
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

Sounds like INANFTP
12-02-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Via fourtheye
Old 12-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #1409
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:

Via fourtheye
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
12-02-2014, 10:24 AM

idgi
Old 12-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #1410
Level 10 - Vehement

idgi
12-05-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
What? Pretty sure you don't know what that phrase actually means.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #1411
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
12-05-2014, 07:59 AM

Pretty clear you don't know what 'working title' means.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #1412
Level 10 - Vehement

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-05-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Would you rather hear the story about the bear, otter and woodpecker?
Old 12-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #1413
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Would you rather hear the story about the bear, otter and woodpecker?
12-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
I don't see how my comment shows that I don't know what "working title" means. I know what it means. The point of my comment was that "Bouncing Arab" is a stupid title, and that there's a positive correlation between stupid titles and stupid lyrics. Stupid titles don't guarantee stupid lyrics, of course, but they indicate stupid lyrics.

Obviously, this is all based on the assumption that the title is based on the lyrics and that Maynard has actually started working on the lyrics. As Hellboy added, this may not - and probably isn't - the case at all. Instead, the working title "Bouncing Arab" may have been chosen to reflect the music of the song as opposed to reflecting the lyrics.

I don't see how any of this makes it clear that I don't know what "working title" means.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #1414
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I don't see how my comment shows that I don't know what "working title" means. I know what it means. The point of my comment was that "Bouncing Arab" is a stupid title, and that there's a positive correlation between stupid titles and stupid lyrics. Stupid titles don't guarantee stupid lyrics, of course, but they indicate stupid lyrics.

Obviously, this is all based on the assumption that the title is based on the lyrics and that Maynard has actually started working on the lyrics. As Hellboy added, this may not - and probably isn't - the case at all. Instead, the working title "Bouncing Arab" may have been chosen to reflect the music of the song as opposed to reflecting the lyrics.

I don't see how any of this makes it clear that I don't know what "working title" means.
12-06-2014, 03:15 PM

And we're pointing out to you that the working title is almost certainly one that was given to the track prior to Maynard's involvement, therefore it has no correlation (positive or otherwise) on the lyrics.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #1415
crows before hoes

And we're pointing out to you that the working title is almost certainly one that was given to the track prior to Maynard's involvement, therefore it has no correlation (positive or otherwise) on the lyrics.
12-06-2014, 05:55 PM

I don't think so hellboy.

I think Maynard gave it that title.

Over the protestations of the rest of his band "OMG, no Maynard! Please no! Not more V Is For Vagina bullshit."

But Maynard just went and did it anyway.

Probably some shit song that Maynard's gonna prance around in a cowboy hat for.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #1416

I don't think so hellboy.

I think Maynard gave it that title.

Over the protestations of the rest of his band "OMG, no Maynard! Please no! Not more V Is For Vagina bullshit."

But Maynard just went and did it anyway.

Probably some shit song that Maynard's gonna prance around in a cowboy hat for.
ithinktherefore's Avatar ithinktherefore
12-06-2014, 06:42 PM

Maybe bouncing arab means Adam's breaking out of the drop D pentatonic re-hash and moving into middle eastern scales and phrasing. Yes. That's what it means
Old 12-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #1417
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44

Maybe bouncing arab means Adam's breaking out of the drop D pentatonic re-hash and moving into middle eastern scales and phrasing. Yes. That's what it means
12-06-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
The point of my comment was that "Bouncing Arab" is a stupid title, and that there's a positive correlation between stupid titles and stupid lyrics. Stupid titles don't guarantee stupid lyrics, of course, but they indicate stupid lyrics.
Opinion stated as fact.

Quote:

You did write and read your second paragraph, right?

Usually when you claim something as a "working title", it's just another way of saying "We don't have a name for it, we just needed to call it something so we could all easily understand what we are referring to".

Let's even say for a moment, Maynard gave it that title. You don't think maynard has tossed a bunch of silly temporary titles? You don't think the rest of the band have ever been intentionally silly with song titles... even final titles? Hooker with a Penis?

Personally, when I read, "working title of Bouncing Arab", my immediate thought was that perhaps that means it a very thumpy and pronounced rhythm section topped with a middle eastern sounding melodic line.

But let's be real, knowing only a "working title" really doesn't reveal much if anything at all. They could have called it that for any reason whatsoever. So why get bent out of shape over it?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 12-06-2014 at 08:34 PM..
Old 12-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #1418
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
The point of my comment was that "Bouncing Arab" is a stupid title, and that there's a positive correlation between stupid titles and stupid lyrics. Stupid titles don't guarantee stupid lyrics, of course, but they indicate stupid lyrics.
Opinion stated as fact.

Quote:

You did write and read your second paragraph, right?

Usually when you claim something as a "working title", it's just another way of saying "We don't have a name for it, we just needed to call it something so we could all easily understand what we are referring to".

Let's even say for a moment, Maynard gave it that title. You don't think maynard has tossed a bunch of silly temporary titles? You don't think the rest of the band have ever been intentionally silly with song titles... even final titles? Hooker with a Penis?

Personally, when I read, "working title of Bouncing Arab", my immediate thought was that perhaps that means it a very thumpy and pronounced rhythm section topped with a middle eastern sounding melodic line.

But let's be real, knowing only a "working title" really doesn't reveal much if anything at all. They could have called it that for any reason whatsoever. So why get bent out of shape over it?

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 12-06-2014 at 08:34 PM..
12-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Opinion stated as fact.
Oh, I'm sorry. Are you so obtuse that you require all opinions to be accompanied with an "IMHO" tag such that if this tag is lacking you cannot tell whether a fact or opinion is being stated?

Quote:

I already covered everything here.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #1419
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Opinion stated as fact.
Oh, I'm sorry. Are you so obtuse that you require all opinions to be accompanied with an "IMHO" tag such that if this tag is lacking you cannot tell whether a fact or opinion is being stated?

Quote:

I already covered everything here.
12-07-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Brilliant addition, bud. It's not like I didn't already recognize your point or anything. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic
Old 12-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #1420
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Brilliant addition, bud. It's not like I didn't already recognize your point or anything. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymptotic
.TP's Avatar .TP
12-07-2014, 02:18 PM

I really hope it's called bouncing arab, so many wrong things pop into my head just by saying it.

But yeah, it's probably called that cause of the musical aspect of the track and still has no proper name.

Here's to a really not so great final album that really reflects the bands aging, it's long spacing between releases and the piling/neverending distractions that arise with time , which we're going to force ourselves to dig because tool.

Or maybe they release their magnum opus.

BOUNCING ARAB FTW
Old 12-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #1421
.TP
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1929

I really hope it's called bouncing arab, so many wrong things pop into my head just by saying it.

But yeah, it's probably called that cause of the musical aspect of the track and still has no proper name.

Here's to a really not so great final album that really reflects the bands aging, it's long spacing between releases and the piling/neverending distractions that arise with time , which we're going to force ourselves to dig because tool.

BOUNCING ARAB FTW
12-07-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I felt it needed reinforcing, since despite you typing it out, you still seem to be unable to grasp it.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #1422
crows before hoes

Quote:
I felt it needed reinforcing, since despite you typing it out, you still seem to be unable to grasp it.
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM

I hope this whole album is called Bouncing Arab, and features Palestinian rappers.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #1423

I hope this whole album is called Bouncing Arab, and features Palestinian rappers.
Malaclypse
12-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TP View Post
but doesn't that imply that they'll all die a few years later?

EDIT: i suppose not. i'm just used to it meaning that.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-07-2014 at 07:20 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #1424
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TP View Post
but doesn't that imply that they'll all die a few years later?

EDIT: i suppose not. i'm just used to it meaning that.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-07-2014 at 07:20 PM..
tevin downsend's Avatar tevin downsend
12-07-2014, 07:25 PM

I think this thread should be locked until people learn the meanings of the words they use.

"Magnum opus", "working title", "V Is For Vagina Bullshit", tdn has some studying to do.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #1425

I think this thread should be locked until people learn the meanings of the words they use.

"Magnum opus", "working title", "V Is For Vagina Bullshit", tdn has some studying to do.
12-07-2014, 07:40 PM

It's been so long since a Tool album I believe most of their fans have gone senile.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #1426
crows before hoes

It's been so long since a Tool album I believe most of their fans have gone senile.
12-07-2014, 08:58 PM

get off my lawn, hellboy.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #1427
Banned.

get off my lawn, hellboy.
J A G's Avatar J A G
12-08-2014, 08:19 AM

this fucking thread again. why do I bother.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #1428

Bincount™: 7676

this fucking thread again. why do I bother.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
12-08-2014, 08:34 AM

howdy hoooooooooo!!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #1429
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

howdy hoooooooooo!!!!
12-08-2014, 11:02 AM

that has been gripe the whole time, quantum. i'm bored of all their albums and i want to alleviate that boredom with new material. although my guess is the new album will be roughly on par with this thread.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #1430

that has been gripe the whole time, quantum. i'm bored of all their albums and i want to alleviate that boredom with new material. although my guess is the new album will be roughly on par with this thread.
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
12-08-2014, 11:11 AM

It took a page to argue about how bands use working titles?
Old 12-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #1431

Bincount™: 2924

12-08-2014, 12:58 PM

Just about, yes.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #1432
Level 10 - Vehement

Just about, yes.
Hoser's Avatar Hoser
12-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
It s not like there's actually a new Tool album to talk about.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #1433
Grand Inquisitor

Bincount™: 4314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
It s not like there's actually a new Tool album to talk about.
12-08-2014, 10:53 PM

The logic has convinced me.

I need to berate my singer about the "Grannies Purple Jogging Suit" written above her lyric sheet to our new song. It's obviously a sign of declining effort. I absolutely cant let that shit happen.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:53 PM   #1434

Bincount™: 2924

The logic has convinced me.

I need to berate my singer about the "Grannies Purple Jogging Suit" written above her lyric sheet to our new song. It's obviously a sign of declining effort. I absolutely cant let that shit happen.
tevin downsend's Avatar tevin downsend
12-09-2014, 07:01 AM

If she ever wrote some juvenile shit about V is For Vaginas, and has a propensity for cowboy hats, and other lame stage props, that she does constantly in some other band than yours, I'd be worried. I'd be real fucking worried.

Tell her to leave that shit at the door, or we're getting that black guy from Alice in Chains to replace her.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:01 AM   #1435

If she ever wrote some juvenile shit about V is For Vaginas, and has a propensity for cowboy hats, and other lame stage props, that she does constantly in some other band than yours, I'd be worried. I'd be real fucking worried.

Tell her to leave that shit at the door, or we're getting that black guy from Alice in Chains to replace her.
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
12-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevin downsend View Post
That [he] does constantly in some other band than yours...
Initial Note: This isn't mean to be directed at you, Tevin. You just said something that triggered a thought and I'm expanding on it.

This is what bothers me about people digging on Puscifer. While APC and Tool have some similarities, Puscifer is a complete removal from the other two bands MJK is a part of. Sure, it's fucking stupid. But he's always been very clear about distancing certain personalities in his work, and I don't feel as if what he's doing with Puscifer affects what he's doing with Tool. Puscifer might be taking up time that Tool could use to record, but I don't think the next album will feature a bunch of Cuntry Boner look-alikes, lyrics wise.

I can find links between Puscifer and Tool in their vocal harmonies, and even then, Puscifer has [almost; see Oceans] always failed at accomplishing what Tool has with their harmonies. I know there are a couple songs on that album that feel off to me with the harmonies.

With all of that aside, I still don't think Puscifer will ever be regarded so highly as the other bands. There's been some alright/fun music released from it, but I don't think anything "new" has been stated by Puscifer that you couldn't pull from some digging into Tool or A Perfect Circle's lyrics. The same weird jokes can be found in Stinkfist or Maynard's Dick that you can find in Cuntry Boner, framed in a different way. 4 Degrees and Magdalena, The Humbling River and Jambi or Reflection. There is overlap in themes at times, but he doesn't tend to rehash lyrics, unless you want to start up a discussion about water metaphors--MJK loves those.

I would be more worried about him exhausting his interest in expressing a certain self, and perhaps he has already done so, given his statements in Blood Into Wine. While I appreciate the openness and interaction offered in his performances with Puscifer, I don't ever want that to touch the "personality" of Tool, not from him. Adam was a pleasure to talk to, and I've heard enough of Danny and Justin to assume they would be too, but Maynard, I would rather he stay far and away from Tool fans at this point.

Okay, I'll stop being a music nerd now. Discuss if you will.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016

Last edited by SpiralOut34; 12-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Wanted to let Tevin know I wasn't going off on him!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #1436
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevin downsend View Post
That [he] does constantly in some other band than yours...
Initial Note: This isn't mean to be directed at you, Tevin. You just said something that triggered a thought and I'm expanding on it.

This is what bothers me about people digging on Puscifer. While APC and Tool have some similarities, Puscifer is a complete removal from the other two bands MJK is a part of. Sure, it's fucking stupid. But he's always been very clear about distancing certain personalities in his work, and I don't feel as if what he's doing with Puscifer affects what he's doing with Tool. Puscifer might be taking up time that Tool could use to record, but I don't think the next album will feature a bunch of Cuntry Boner look-alikes, lyrics wise.

I can find links between Puscifer and Tool in their vocal harmonies, and even then, Puscifer has [almost; see Oceans] always failed at accomplishing what Tool has with their harmonies. I know there are a couple songs on that album that feel off to me with the harmonies.

With all of that aside, I still don't think Puscifer will ever be regarded so highly as the other bands. There's been some alright/fun music released from it, but I don't think anything "new" has been stated by Puscifer that you couldn't pull from some digging into Tool or A Perfect Circle's lyrics. The same weird jokes can be found in Stinkfist or Maynard's Dick that you can find in Cuntry Boner, framed in a different way. 4 Degrees and Magdalena, The Humbling River and Jambi or Reflection. There is overlap in themes at times, but he doesn't tend to rehash lyrics, unless you want to start up a discussion about water metaphors--MJK loves those.

I would be more worried about him exhausting his interest in expressing a certain self, and perhaps he has already done so, given his statements in Blood Into Wine. While I appreciate the openness and interaction offered in his performances with Puscifer, I don't ever want that to touch the "personality" of Tool, not from him. Adam was a pleasure to talk to, and I've heard enough of Danny and Justin to assume they would be too, but Maynard, I would rather he stay far and away from Tool fans at this point.

Okay, I'll stop being a music nerd now. Discuss if you will.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016

Last edited by SpiralOut34; 12-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Wanted to let Tevin know I wasn't going off on him!
12-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
I would be more worried about him exhausting his interest in expressing a certain self, and perhaps he has already done so, given his statements in Blood Into Wine.
I've said this before, but that and other statements he's made (notably in regard to Wings/Days) lead me to believe that lyrically he's probably going to gravitate toward writing things like Rosetta Stoned. More tongue-in-cheek anecdotal lyrics that are either vaguely comical or cautionary. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen, but the few times I've brought that up it has seemed that any remaining tool fans (here or 4theye) react to that with either acceptance or disappointment. But it's probably fair to say that the depth that most people find in Tool lyrics probably comes from Maynard passionately finding a way to tell his own story from tragedy to triumph. That said, that story is pretty much over and thus why most of the "personal" lyrics coming out of Puscifer are rather paper thin. Although some could argue there is still meaning there that is worth a damn. Whatever. Point is, Puscifer is where he's still being personal with his lyrics. Granted, he hasn't had anything other than By and Down from APC to demonstrate a less personal approach to lyrics OUTSIDE of Puscifer.

What I'm amazed at is that serious fans still desire extensive depth to the lyrics. Hasn't everyone already gotten what they want from what has already been written and recorded?

I dont know; count me as a fan(still) that doesn't necessarily hold maynard or this band to a high standard anymore. How could you at this point?
Old 12-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #1437
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
I would be more worried about him exhausting his interest in expressing a certain self, and perhaps he has already done so, given his statements in Blood Into Wine.
I've said this before, but that and other statements he's made (notably in regard to Wings/Days) lead me to believe that lyrically he's probably going to gravitate toward writing things like Rosetta Stoned. More tongue-in-cheek anecdotal lyrics that are either vaguely comical or cautionary. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen, but the few times I've brought that up it has seemed that any remaining tool fans (here or 4theye) react to that with either acceptance or disappointment. But it's probably fair to say that the depth that most people find in Tool lyrics probably comes from Maynard passionately finding a way to tell his own story from tragedy to triumph. That said, that story is pretty much over and thus why most of the "personal" lyrics coming out of Puscifer are rather paper thin. Although some could argue there is still meaning there that is worth a damn. Whatever. Point is, Puscifer is where he's still being personal with his lyrics. Granted, he hasn't had anything other than By and Down from APC to demonstrate a less personal approach to lyrics OUTSIDE of Puscifer.

What I'm amazed at is that serious fans still desire extensive depth to the lyrics. Hasn't everyone already gotten what they want from what has already been written and recorded?

I dont know; count me as a fan(still) that doesn't necessarily hold maynard or this band to a high standard anymore. How could you at this point?
Malaclypse
12-09-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:

i can understand a desire for depth. Tool's albums have always been a sort of cryptic puzzle in a way. i've gotten plenty from Tool's music, but i really couldn't say if i've gotten what i "wanted" because i honestly don't even know exactly what i'm looking for. does anybody?

i sort of still do hold them to a standard. i don't want them to just completely give up and produce a pop album or something - though, i really don't think that idea is even likely. i think a lot of fans have grown accustomed to a certain kind of style that they expect from Tool. i also realize that it's a point of Tool's to challenge this expected style (at least it has been in the past)... i'll honestly be a little disappointed if everything they write from now on is similar to Rosetta Stoned. it's a good song, but i'd prefer he'd leave the comedy to Puscifer... though at the same time, everything Tool has ever written has always been a little comical and cautionary at the same time - Opiate/Gaping Lotus Experience, Prison Sex, Disgustipated, AEnema, Maynard's Dick, etc..

so, i almost don't care what the next album sounds like. i believe the next album will rock no matter what direction they go in. i have faith in Tool. i need a Tool fish on my bumper.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-09-2014 at 02:16 PM..
Old 12-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #1438
Banned.

Quote:

i can understand a desire for depth. Tool's albums have always been a sort of cryptic puzzle in a way. i've gotten plenty from Tool's music, but i really couldn't say if i've gotten what i "wanted" because i honestly don't even know exactly what i'm looking for. does anybody?

i sort of still do hold them to a standard. i don't want them to just completely give up and produce a pop album or something - though, i really don't think that idea is even likely. i think a lot of fans have grown accustomed to a certain kind of style that they expect from Tool. i also realize that it's a point of Tool's to challenge this expected style (at least it has been in the past)... i'll honestly be a little disappointed if everything they write from now on is similar to Rosetta Stoned. it's a good song, but i'd prefer he'd leave the comedy to Puscifer... though at the same time, everything Tool has ever written has always been a little comical and cautionary at the same time - Opiate/Gaping Lotus Experience, Prison Sex, Disgustipated, AEnema, Maynard's Dick, etc..

so, i almost don't care what the next album sounds like. i believe the next album will rock no matter what direction they go in. i have faith in Tool. i need a Tool fish on my bumper.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 12-09-2014 at 02:16 PM..
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
12-09-2014, 05:16 PM

i'm sure i've said it before, but unless the next album is ska i don't give a shit
Old 12-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #1439
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

i'm sure i've said it before, but unless the next album is ska i don't give a shit
12-09-2014, 05:35 PM

yeah but you'll still listen to it multiple times
Old 12-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #1440

yeah but you'll still listen to it multiple times

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply