Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
02-12-2013, 08:36 AM

It's a guy who thinks he's bigger than what got him to where he is. He's always been an ass, now he's just a rich overly self important ass. Tool is where his bread is buttered, Puscifer and APC are avg bands at best. If tool goes away and APC continues down it's crap music highway both Puscifer and APC will quickly become Robert Plant, Roger Waters irrelevant...
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #1001
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202
Re: New Tool Album

It's a guy who thinks he's bigger than what got him to where he is. He's always been an ass, now he's just a rich overly self important ass. Tool is where his bread is buttered, Puscifer and APC are avg bands at best. If tool goes away and APC continues down it's crap music highway both Puscifer and APC will quickly become Robert Plant, Roger Waters irrelevant...
livid star's Avatar livid star
02-12-2013, 11:01 AM

Someone else on this board pointed out something that I think is key in how we perceive Maynard. He does not want to comment on anything because a) he isn't involved at this stage and b) whatever he may or may not say about Tool is probably going to result in backlash with the other Tool members and/or management...because it's "Adam's band" and Maynard needs to step the fuck off. Something he certainly did long ago. Plus, he's relatively inferior member at this stage and he knows it
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #1002
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Someone else on this board pointed out something that I think is key in how we perceive Maynard. He does not want to comment on anything because a) he isn't involved at this stage and b) whatever he may or may not say about Tool is probably going to result in backlash with the other Tool members and/or management...because it's "Adam's band" and Maynard needs to step the fuck off. Something he certainly did long ago. Plus, he's relatively inferior member at this stage and he knows it
02-12-2013, 11:48 AM

i'd hate my fans too if i were maynard. just sayin.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #1003
well if I know Dracula, he loves SLUTS

Bincount™: 7555

i'd hate my fans too if i were maynard. just sayin.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM

I must be crazy because posts 1036, 1037, and 1038 made sense.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #1004
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

I must be crazy because posts 1036, 1037, and 1038 made sense.
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75 View Post
I don't get it. He seems to have issue that he's more known for his work in Tool than anything else. I get it, he wants to get his other projects in the limelight. Understandable. But fuck, how about you give a little respect to the band that helped see your other visions through? Why are all Tool questions taboo? Maybe you can say he's waiting for their new album to be released to start promoting and opening up about Tool. If I remember correctly, he was a dick when 10K Days was released. Being cold, uninterested and shying away from a lot of questions. Hes known for hating the interview/promotion process, but he seems to open up about APC, Puscifer and wine.

None of his other projects will be as big as Tool...ever. Maybe it's not right, but it's just a fact. You can probably say they are the biggest band since Metallica. They just have a rabid fan base that keeps growing and growing. No matter how hard he tries, people are always going to be interested in the world of Tool. Fuck, he should be proud of what the band he helped create means to so many people. That people are still interested after all of this time and lack of music. Above all, he should be proud that they always did it on their terms.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #1005
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Quote:
I don't get it. He seems to have issue that he's more known for his work in Tool than anything else. I get it, he wants to get his other projects in the limelight. Understandable. But fuck, how about you give a little respect to the band that helped see your other visions through? Why are all Tool questions taboo? Maybe you can say he's waiting for their new album to be released to start promoting and opening up about Tool. If I remember correctly, he was a dick when 10K Days was released. Being cold, uninterested and shying away from a lot of questions. Hes known for hating the interview/promotion process, but he seems to open up about APC, Puscifer and wine.

None of his other projects will be as big as Tool...ever. Maybe it's not right, but it's just a fact. You can probably say they are the biggest band since Metallica. They just have a rabid fan base that keeps growing and growing. No matter how hard he tries, people are always going to be interested in the world of Tool. Fuck, he should be proud of what the band he helped create means to so many people. That people are still interested after all of this time and lack of music. Above all, he should be proud that they always did it on their terms.
burning bridges's Avatar burning bridges
02-12-2013, 09:16 PM

Maynard needs to start doing hard drugs again, fall into a spiritual black hole of depravity, and then maybe we can start to see some more effort and motivation on his part. You already get your nice little space on the corner of the stage where no one has to see you.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #1006
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 954

Maynard needs to start doing hard drugs again, fall into a spiritual black hole of depravity, and then maybe we can start to see some more effort and motivation on his part. You already get your nice little space on the corner of the stage where no one has to see you.
02-15-2013, 09:41 AM

Old 02-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #1007
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

02-15-2013, 10:43 AM

I'm excited to hear the bass work with all the talk of Justin playing a much larger role in the process.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #1008
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44

I'm excited to hear the bass work with all the talk of Justin playing a much larger role in the process.
02-15-2013, 03:51 PM

^definitely
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1009
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

^definitely
02-17-2013, 07:15 PM

heres a question for you; in the adam interview from triple j he says something to the effect of they were at practice and they came in at the tail end and told them they had to do interviews. my question is who is they that is now watching them practice?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1010
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

heres a question for you; in the adam interview from triple j he says something to the effect of they were at practice and they came in at the tail end and told them they had to do interviews. my question is who is they that is now watching them practice?
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
02-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
Not sure that anyone would be there to watch them in particular, but I'm sure management drop in from time to time.

It's also probably not as spontaneous as Adam might make it out to be.

Last edited by hellboy1975; 02-17-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #1011
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Not sure that anyone would be there to watch them in particular, but I'm sure management drop in from time to time.

It's also probably not as spontaneous as Adam might make it out to be.

Last edited by hellboy1975; 02-17-2013 at 07:48 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
praefector's Avatar praefector
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
as fans we tend to think of the band as ultra secretive because they let blair do his cryptic nonsense and they guard their master recordings like holy relics, but im sure a lot of people involved with the band are around their creative space.

in this example. the "they" are probably the bands publicists who set up the interviews.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #1012
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
as fans we tend to think of the band as ultra secretive because they let blair do his cryptic nonsense and they guard their master recordings like holy relics, but im sure a lot of people involved with the band are around their creative space.

in this example. the "they" are probably the bands publicists who set up the interviews.
praefector's Avatar praefector
02-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
So what can we glean from these interviews? Danny is honest and May-May is full of feces?
I hope so. I know we have sort of turned on Tool, but man, when that new CD finally hits the stores, I'll be fanboy supreme all over again. No lies.
i don't think we know anything new. the band is working on some stuff. they may work in an instrumental interlude during their next round of tours. they'll record as soon as the songs are ready for maynard.

i think we just have another case of maynard getting annoyed that people care more about adam's art and silly riffs and danny's drum wankery than his own super-meaningful side projects and wine making career.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #1013

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
So what can we glean from these interviews? Danny is honest and May-May is full of feces?
I hope so. I know we have sort of turned on Tool, but man, when that new CD finally hits the stores, I'll be fanboy supreme all over again. No lies.
i don't think we know anything new. the band is working on some stuff. they may work in an instrumental interlude during their next round of tours. they'll record as soon as the songs are ready for maynard.

i think we just have another case of maynard getting annoyed that people care more about adam's art and silly riffs and danny's drum wankery than his own super-meaningful side projects and wine making career.
Kruppo's Avatar Kruppo
02-21-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector View Post

This. And as I just said in another thread, part of me is curious as to what Tool would be like if maynard WASN'T in the band anymore. An instrumental Tool would still be pretty cool, and who knows, maybe they'd become a bit more prolific.

Probably not though. This IS Tool I'm talking about.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #1014
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2840

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector View Post

This. And as I just said in another thread, part of me is curious as to what Tool would be like if maynard WASN'T in the band anymore. An instrumental Tool would still be pretty cool, and who knows, maybe they'd become a bit more prolific.

Probably not though. This IS Tool I'm talking about.
02-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
both Puscifer and APC will quickly become Robert Plant, Roger Waters irrelevant...
Woah woah…Plant has released some solid stuff with the Band Of Joy not to mention the Zep reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
No matter how hard he tries, people are always going to be interested in the world of Tool. Fuck, he should be proud of what the band he helped create means to so many people. That people are still interested after all of this time and lack of music. Above all, he should be proud that they always did it on their terms.
Maynard promotes Tool by not promoting Tool. It seems to be working, too. He’s always wanted to surround Tool in mystery and that has become one of their selling points. Puscifer just dropped an album so it should be pretty obvious the press he’s doing is focused on that but when the The Tool press begins he’ll talk about Tool. In the meantime, why not just listen to the eloquent and informative Tool interviews Danny is giving?

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #1015
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Quote:
both Puscifer and APC will quickly become Robert Plant, Roger Waters irrelevant...
Woah woah…Plant has released some solid stuff with the Band Of Joy not to mention the Zep reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
No matter how hard he tries, people are always going to be interested in the world of Tool. Fuck, he should be proud of what the band he helped create means to so many people. That people are still interested after all of this time and lack of music. Above all, he should be proud that they always did it on their terms.
Maynard promotes Tool by not promoting Tool. It seems to be working, too. He’s always wanted to surround Tool in mystery and that has become one of their selling points. Puscifer just dropped an album so it should be pretty obvious the press he’s doing is focused on that but when the The Tool press begins he’ll talk about Tool. In the meantime, why not just listen to the eloquent and informative Tool interviews Danny is giving?

I avoid cliches like the plague.
ithinktherefore's Avatar ithinktherefore
02-21-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveboat Captain View Post
Maynard promotes Tool by not promoting Tool. It seems to be working, too. He’s always wanted to surround Tool in mystery and that has become one of their selling points.
Probably lots of truth to that. After all, half of this thread about the new album is all about Maynard and how he's not saying much.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #1016
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 44

Quote:
Maynard promotes Tool by not promoting Tool. It seems to be working, too. He’s always wanted to surround Tool in mystery and that has become one of their selling points.
Probably lots of truth to that. After all, half of this thread about the new album is all about Maynard and how he's not saying much.
02-21-2013, 07:10 PM

i completely agree. as they've said before, "its all we knew what to do at the time."
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #1017
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

i completely agree. as they've said before, "its all we knew what to do at the time."
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
In the meantime, why not just listen to the eloquent and informative Tool interviews Danny is giving?
Didn't Danny say the album would probably be done last Spring lol?

Right now I'm more hopeful about the goodies they may be releasing soon...video (probably), vinyl perhaps...hell, maybe some type of live disc...
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #1018
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
In the meantime, why not just listen to the eloquent and informative Tool interviews Danny is giving?
Didn't Danny say the album would probably be done last Spring lol?

Right now I'm more hopeful about the goodies they may be releasing soon...video (probably), vinyl perhaps...hell, maybe some type of live disc...
mungbuddy's Avatar mungbuddy
02-22-2013, 07:46 PM

We have been hearing about this so called "video" for how long now? This band has become full of shit to me at times. I honestly don't care about a 10k video. I might stand alone on this but over the last couple of years its gotten boring, not mysterious.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #1019
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78

We have been hearing about this so called "video" for how long now? This band has become full of shit to me at times. I honestly don't care about a 10k video. I might stand alone on this but over the last couple of years its gotten boring, not mysterious.
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM

Yea... not too interested in The Pot video if that's what it ends up being. I'd rather see a 10K Days vinyl that hopefully has a small batch signed like Lateralus
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #1020
Watch the Weather Change

Yea... not too interested in The Pot video if that's what it ends up being. I'd rather see a 10K Days vinyl that hopefully has a small batch signed like Lateralus
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
02-25-2013, 06:30 AM

edit: nevermind.

I wonder how many songs the new tool album will have.

I wonder what the names will be and what they will sound like.

I hope they sound good.

Last edited by Rubb.; 02-25-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #1021
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

edit: nevermind.

I wonder how many songs the new tool album will have.

I wonder what the names will be and what they will sound like.

I hope they sound good.

Last edited by Rubb.; 02-25-2013 at 06:32 AM..
maggie72's Avatar maggie72
03-10-2013, 06:00 PM

I'm in Australia right now and looked into tix for the show. $109 each, which taking into account how inflated everything is here, it's not too bad price wise. Sadly I go back to the US a week before they get here.

As was mentioned Maynard needs to remember Tool is what got him where he is today. I want another angry depressed Maynard album, not one with 2 songs about his mother. Maybe his grape fields will go bad and his wine will turn to shit. Then let him write a few songs.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #1022
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 67

I'm in Australia right now and looked into tix for the show. $109 each, which taking into account how inflated everything is here, it's not too bad price wise. Sadly I go back to the US a week before they get here.

As was mentioned Maynard needs to remember Tool is what got him where he is today. I want another angry depressed Maynard album, not one with 2 songs about his mother. Maybe his grape fields will go bad and his wine will turn to shit. Then let him write a few songs.
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM

All Maynard needs to remember is he calls the shots, not some dorks in a Tool forum. While he continues to do that all will be good and well in the Tool world.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #1023
crows before hoes

All Maynard needs to remember is he calls the shots, not some dorks in a Tool forum. While he continues to do that all will be good and well in the Tool world.
03-11-2013, 05:01 PM

/end thread
/end tool talk
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #1024

Bincount™: 7676

/end thread
/end tool talk
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM

That album leaked a couple of months ago imo
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #1025
crows before hoes

03-12-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
This thread has too many opinions and not enough facts.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
03-12-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
True, but I couldn't be bothered citing the evidence.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #1027
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
True, but I couldn't be bothered citing the evidence.
03-12-2013, 04:36 AM

The boys should record the album with Microsoft Sam as vocals. Stage lights dont bother Sam.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #1028
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

The boys should record the album with Microsoft Sam as vocals. Stage lights dont bother Sam.
04-05-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Hi,
the question is: will the album be released this year or next year.
I'd be pretty surprised if it was out this year.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #1029
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Hi,
the question is: will the album be released this year or next year.
I'd be pretty surprised if it was out this year.
04-05-2013, 07:41 AM

I already have the new album
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #1030
On Probation

Bincount™: 1567

TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
04-05-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypically View Post
leak it dickbutt!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #1031

Bincount™: 2063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypically View Post
leak it dickbutt!
04-05-2013, 08:33 AM

Got the new cover art and everything...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...1365179488.jpg
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #1032
On Probation

Bincount™: 1567

Got the new cover art and everything...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...1365179488.jpg
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM

got some uhh, quasi-nsfw stuff in that album, thanks for the heads up. ass. guy.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #1033
Level 10 - Vehement

got some uhh, quasi-nsfw stuff in that album, thanks for the heads up. ass. guy.
dan's Avatar dan
04-05-2013, 09:46 AM

EE can post "ass" but he can't see an image containing the same word
Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #1034
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

EE can post "ass" but he can't see an image containing the same word
04-05-2013, 09:57 AM

Not talking about that image. I don't know what it is with links to pics in photobucket albums, but when i clicked that link it opened the image and thumbnails of other pics in the album. And there's some unexpected stuff in there.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #1035
Level 10 - Vehement

Not talking about that image. I don't know what it is with links to pics in photobucket albums, but when i clicked that link it opened the image and thumbnails of other pics in the album. And there's some unexpected stuff in there.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
04-05-2013, 09:58 AM

wish it would do that for me
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1036
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

wish it would do that for me
J A G's Avatar J A G
04-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
That's weird. Screenshot that for us.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
That's weird. Screenshot that for us.
04-05-2013, 11:59 AM

It only happened the first time. I don't know why it's not happening anymore, but it's really not that big of a deal. When I first clicked the link it took me here... (again, possibly nsfw) http://s41.photobucket.com/user/noza...tml?sort=3&o=0

I've had this same type of thing happen when I click photobucket links before; it takes me to the album the picture is in and not just the picture itself. I don't know why.

:/
Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1038
Level 10 - Vehement

It only happened the first time. I don't know why it's not happening anymore, but it's really not that big of a deal. When I first clicked the link it took me here... (again, possibly nsfw) http://s41.photobucket.com/user/noza...tml?sort=3&o=0

I've had this same type of thing happen when I click photobucket links before; it takes me to the album the picture is in and not just the picture itself. I don't know why.

:/
dan's Avatar dan
04-05-2013, 12:34 PM

wish I could see some unexpected stuff in there
Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #1039
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

wish I could see some unexpected stuff in there
04-05-2013, 01:50 PM

concrete and earth shattering evidence that a new album might happen

korin (adam jones' holes) posts a pic on instragram of the grand canyon (as seen from a plane)

maynard writes "come to jerome (AZ), you know people there"

STILL FRIENDZ!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #1040
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

concrete and earth shattering evidence that a new album might happen

korin (adam jones' holes) posts a pic on instragram of the grand canyon (as seen from a plane)

maynard writes "come to jerome (AZ), you know people there"

STILL FRIENDZ!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply