opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #161
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

I agree Maynard's performance with Tool over the past 3 years has lacked the zest it once had. But he's still swung par for the course. So forgive us if some of us choose to be optimistic that Maynard has been slightly reinvigorated as of late.

Thank you for your wonderful foresight and overwhelming pessimism, but this is still an open forum for people to discuss their own opinions so please drop the high and mighty act.
END OF ARGUMENT, BITCHES.

I echo this person's sentiment. I am getting sooo pumped up for the two night trip that I have planned to see my favorite band.

I do not follow Maynard's other ventures. Same applies to the other members, with the exception of Butcher. I solely love Tool. Not sure why that came out, (whatevs)----
----

I was not aware that Maynard was recently touring with Puscifer, so to read that Tool fans have reported that his voice is not shot, like I MY SELF HAVE STATED ON THIS FORUM. Well, that just puts cheese in my taco, if ya know what I mean..

Let's agree that his place in Tool exhausts his instrument more signifcantly than the others'. However, let that not be the sole focus. Personally, I admire the shit out of Tool (more so for Adam's contributions) and I know that as a WHOLE, they're going to rock my fucking socks off.
Yes, even if Maynard doesn't sing like on the album.

Agghh... An argument that can never be won?!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #162
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post
are you his personal cheerleader??
Yes.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #163
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusense View Post
Yes.
LOL funny thing is, i was almost going to quote that and say "No, I AM"
Old 05-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #164
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandloathing View Post
you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit.
Contradicting myself because i was honest and thought he had 1 good sounding scream in 2009? So because he sings very poorly 99% of the time on 99% of the songs...1 scream he performs well = Me contradicting myself?

You need to stick with flipping burgers, this thinking thing is not going to ever be within your realm of expertise i am afraid =/
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #165
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton John View Post
Contradicting myself because i was honest and thought he had 1 good sounding scream in 2009? So because he sings very poorly 99% of the time on 99% of the songs...1 scream he performs well = Me contradicting myself?

You need to stick with flipping burgers, this thinking thing is not going to ever be within your realm of expertise i am afraid =/
i was at that dallas show and from where i was standing maynard sounded bad ass through the whole show. thats my opinion of course. im not trying to stir up anything. i just personally think its a little much to say that he sings poorly now. again this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. do you feel that he sings off key or something? i sincerely am curious why you feel that way cause they blow me away everytime i see them.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #166
Level 7 - Loquacious

hmm........i think this is a SUPER long extension of the 10,000 days tour hehehehehe

Last edited by TOOLwrench; 05-29-2010 at 11:16 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #167
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaddy View Post
i was at that dallas show and from where i was standing maynard sounded bad ass through the whole show. thats my opinion of course. im not trying to stir up anything. i just personally think its a little much to say that he sings poorly now. again this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. do you feel that he sings off key or something? i sincerely am curious why you feel that way cause they blow me away everytime i see them.
His tone, pitch, key, delivery, power, control, scream, vibrato are all lackluster and pale in comparison to his voice anywhere from 1992-2001.

All you have to do is watch ANY live video of a song from 2006-2009 and then watch that exact same live song anywhere from 1992-2001 and you will see the quality of maynard's voice is night and day difference. You do not have to be a skilled singer, like myself, to hear this. I have a group of atleast 20+ hardcore tool fans, some with no musical experience and some with an abundance and we all agree on this.

Unless you are just a tool fanboy and hold your live music experience up to no standards, you will see exactly what i am saying.

Once again, i challenge any of you to post a live video of any song that can be compared to one played in the earlier days and say with a straight face that maynard still sounds as good.

Maybe some of you are just tone deaf and as long as the entire structure of the song isn't out of whack, it sounds awesome to you?

Last edited by Elton John; 05-30-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #168
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
His tone, pitch, key, delivery, power, control, scream, vibrato are all lackluster and pale in comparison to his voice anywhere from 1992-2001.

All you have to do is watch ANY live video of a song from 2006-2009 and then watch that exact same live song anywhere from 1992-2001 and you will see the quality of maynard's voice is night and day difference. You do not have to be a skilled singer, like myself, to hear this. I have a group of atleast 20+ hardcore tool fans, some with no musical experience and some with an abundance and we all agree on this.

Unless you are just a tool fanboy and hold your live music experience up to no standards, you will see exactly what i am saying.

Once again, i challenge any of you to post a live video of any song that can be compared to one played in the earlier days and say with a straight face that maynard still sounds as good.

Maybe some of you are just tone deaf and as long as the entire structure of the song isn't out of whack, it sounds awesome to you?
I wasnt fortunate enough to see them before 2007. Having said that... i have watched earlier live vids and to me they didnt compare to seeing it live in my opinion. I would say that his energy level is different now... but not his ability.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #169
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Yes.

Yes. Best voice of the ages
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 AM   #170
Level 7 - Loquacious

People who expend way too much energy shitting on the good times of others really should be shot. Or at least... go find something better to do.

We get it. You don't like him now. Fucking wonderful. Go find a new band to see live? I think you've made your point.

Or are you REALLY the sort of person who just will not be happy/satisfied until everyone's moping around saying "eh, you're right. This SUCKS."

Seriously? That's your outlook on life?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #171
Level 10 - Vehement

^ /Applauds
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #172
wes

Hello my wonderful TOOL fans. My opinion is that Tool is doing the summer mini tour to get some cash to do the new album which is smart if you ask me. I went to charlotte N.C. in 2009 to see the same show basically that i saw in 2007 in greenville S.C. And if they were closer I would go see them this summer also. I dont want to sound shallow but any chance I get i will go see Tool or any of the individuals in the band that are doing a side project. iIrecently went to Atlanta and saw Puscifer. I had meet and greet tickets. So i got to shake Maynards hand tell him I appreciate what he does and thanks for bringing the show to the east coast. He shook my hand and gave me a signed poster and softly said thank you enjoy the show. He had on that post office hat he often wears. Whats the story behind that? Anyone know? Anyway I loved the show it was the airline theme where they dressed as stewardeses and pilots it was a good show and for all you fans that want Maynard to come to the front and be more personable this was your chance. He done a great show and the music was awesome. Me and the wife had a great time . To all you great Tool fans try to live in the now and dont be so seriouse. People and things change if it stayed the same we would be bored to death. And after all Tool owe us nothing. No matter how many shows albums T-shirts we have bought they owe us nothing and have never promised us anything. So relax take what they give in appreciation and remember we are lucky to be fans of the best band in the world TOOL!!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #173
Level 10 - Vehement

Well... to be fair, Tool is lucky they have fans.

I mean I'm about as big a fanboi as they come (ill admit it) but the reality is there are plenty of talented musicians and artists out there that live on scraps. They don't have a fraction of the attention that Tool has. There is no valid reason for that other than Tool tapped into an expression that clicked with those listening, and record labels saw a way to make a dollar off it. We can be happy that Tool are reasonably honest, dedicated and talented musicians, but it doesn't change...

"I sold out long before you ever even heard my name! I sold my soul to make a record, Dipshit! And you bought ONE!"

:-)
Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 AM   #174
Level 3 - Talker

I love that tool is touring. Just love it to bits. don't care what they play. I just wanna see danny punish those drums. those drums must have done somehing BAD for the way danny beats them... :3
Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #175
Level 10 - Vehement

I unsubscribed to this and i didnt want to. I'll try to make this post as useful as possible, I just have fat fingers on my driod apparently.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the May newsletter, just to see if Blair addresses anything further about the tour. More than just knowing what to expect from the tour itself, I'd like to know how this helps or hinders the development of the next album.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #176

Quote:
I unsubscribed to this and i didnt want to. I'll try to make this post as useful as possible, I just have fat fingers on my driod apparently.

I'm still anxiously awaiting the May newsletter, just to see if Blair addresses anything further about the tour. More than just knowing what to expect from the tour itself, I'd like to know how this helps or hinders the development of the next album.

I've come to see Blair as nothing but a little fucking dickhole idiot. I never expect anything worthwhile in anything he writes, and that's usually the case.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #177
Level 10 - Vehement

Agreed, but the past couple have had some slightly useful info. I'm an optimist.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #178
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
I'm curious to see what Blair's May newsletter says with regard to this tour, and the writing process for the next album. I must be crazy but, the last two have been a little more revealing than most, I guess I'm just hoping he'll shed some light on the questions every Tool fan is asking.

"Will there be anything new on this tour?"
"Will the band continue to write on the road?"
"What is the mood going on in the rehearsal space?"
"Can we expect serious progress on the album after this tour is up?"
"Perhaps a release before the year is out?"
"Should I have myself checked into an mental institution?"
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
I should.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #179
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Quote:

All you have to do is watch ANY live video of a song from 2006-2009 and then watch that exact same live song anywhere from 1992-2001 and you will see the quality of maynard's voice is night and day difference. You do not have to be a skilled singer, like myself, to hear this.
really??? ....a skilled singer like yourself?? wow i admire your modesty

"a skilled singer"(or anyone with half abrain) knows that over time ones vocal chords lose the muscle tension it once had.
do you sound the exact same as you did 10 years ago??? i know i dont..its called getting old

Quote:
Once again, i challenge any of you to post a live video of any song that can be compared to one played in the earlier days and say with a straight face that maynard still sounds as good
i challenge you to doing us all a favour and turn off your p.c/mac unplugg it and proceed to jump up and down on it so the rest of us dont have to read your ignorant pompous drivil......

go on we're waiting

Last edited by poudge; 06-06-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #180
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78

lmao! ^^ best post in thread.^^
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #181
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't mean this in a dickish way at all, but...

I'm continually surprised how certain people can become such "superfans" of this band, and yet it still seems like they have missed nearly every message the band has put out.

And I don't mean esoteric type messages inferred from their lyrics. I mean the ones they blatantly put out there, upfront in interviews and the like.

They have never liked giving out tons of inside info into their recording processes, intimate moments as a band, etc. etc. etc.

I mean, they've begun to lift the veil ever so slightly over the years. But they're still the same very intentionally mysterious band they were from the get go. I, for one, have always loved it and continue to.

And that's not to say that those of you wanting more and more from them are "wrong," exactly, it's just I don't know how you got this far yet still expect that sort of stuff from them.

Blair's ramblings and every thing else from them that's NOT either an album or a live show has always been cryptic. Aren't some of you used to this by now? Why is it hard to accept something that's been so consistent over the years?*

*note: this doesn't apply to the seemingly haphazard show announcements and all that. On the one hand, I appreciate the odd excitement that seems to come from it, and the spontaneity. But gripes with that are very legitimate. Ditto that the un-changing basic setlist. I don't mind it much, but I can't say I don't get the complaints. Especially considering how much everyone would FLIP at this point if they merely rotated 4-5 songs in/out of one slot on the setlist regularly.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #182
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Let me put it this way.

Though I dont consider myself a fan-boy, I have loved this band since the mid 90s. Idont compare myself to other fans and I don't give a fuck about the supposed "message" that the band puts out there. I stopped paying attention to that shit a long time ago. Watching/reading interviews can be entertaining - especially in the case of Tool because they are usually sarcastic dicks, but anyone who allows the content of these interviews to effect how the music sounds are - in my opinion - misguided.

The same goes for interpreting lyrics. I know that I may be in the minority here but what I like about Tool is the SOUND OF THE GOD DAMN MUSIC - not the content of the lyrics, which we can intrepret ad infinitum and never reach a consensus - basically like any piece of poetry.

Even if you're the type of person who loves poetry, I think you would have to admit that MJKs lyrics - though pretty cool sometimes - arent particularly amazing. To me they represent his personal contribution to band - thats all it is to me. I dont know the guy personally so I find the process of intrepretation to be a total waste of time. For some people its fun, not for me.

Having said all this, I still think its fair for fans to speculate and to make the band out to be something greater than they are. I say this because as good as Tool are, we DO in fact place them on a pedastal. We are the source of their greatness - and certainly their mystique to a certain extent.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #183
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

So I am thinking this tour has some deeper meaning to it than them trying to make a quick buck over the summer. My rationale is as follows:

During the last two tours, they curiously added Flood to the setlist. While it makes sense after Katrina, they continued with it... Flood is lengthy part to the setlist... being an older and less well known piece, its curious they should add this.

This tour is clearly not geared towards making money.... the cities, save a few, are not particularly huge... The tour starts in New Orleans, moves to Houston, and then follows the path up the central US... almost like the path of a hurricane. The first two cities, are the last two cities hit by a major hurricane in the united states... I think on some level, the topography of this tour, mixed with their curious addition of Flood to the setlist, and the fact that this tour is absurdly deviant from their typical pattern leads to the conclusion that they in some way are trying to connect themselves to the coming disasters... Oddly, all signs point to a tulmultuous hydro-carbon laden hurricane season this year.... just a thought. Perhaps they are warning people? Perhaps they are enchanting the hurricanes to come?

All i know, is in 2008, Ike was dancing with landfall on the Floridian coast. So, I stupidly, purchased Intrade shares for a landfall in Florida... From that point on, the hurricane adjusted it course... such that it hit Houston directly (where I live).. The wall of the eye passed directly over my house... I foolishly insulted karma... and it reared its wrathful hand all over my yard and house.... The shape of an eye is the one that all animals perceive equally as the sign for a sentient living being... curious we should also perceive a hurricane to be the same shape... perhaps there are more powerful forces at work whos absurd explanation tests our rational understanding of the natural world. hurricanes are fucking absurdly powerful acts of cosmic fury...

/paranoid schizophrenic rant.

you can bet they will play Flood on this tour.

here comes the water.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 06-08-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #184
Level 3 - Talker

I'm laughing at the concept of maynard having only "one good scream". This is some high school bullshit! "...Oh man, yeah that was a good scream, but this guy from linkin opark has this one scream in this one song that is totally like four seconds longer so it's better but when he does it live he splits it into two parts but that's ok cuz really he has like 25 good screams per show..."</highschool>

Fuck that. I mean it. I'm one for trolling and all, but develop your trololol skill, bud. We all know Tool rocks the house like it's being repossesed...
Old 06-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #185

Quote:
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
He didn't.
I should.
And...my pessimism comes through for me again. I'm neither disappointed nor surprised.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #186
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by poudge View Post
really??? ....a skilled singer like yourself?? wow i admire your modesty

"a skilled singer"(or anyone with half abrain) knows that over time ones vocal chords lose the muscle tension it once had.
do you sound the exact same as you did 10 years ago??? i know i dont..its called getting old

Correct, and it is up to the observer and consumer of said art to be as honest as possible and the honest truth is that he does not sound good.

No one was ever arguing that his decline in vocal skill was due to anything other than old age and even if it were due to something else, we aren't privy to such information so i don't care....so continue having this argument with yourself because you still have all your work ahead of you. =)
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #187
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
ghehehee iiiiaauuu... I couldn't get any sleep 'cause there was a message, at the top of the page, saying: "SOMETHING ABOUT MAYNARD BEIGN SEXY". Well this is for you blnd lttl fckr, you are wrong, you've been always wrong and you'll be always wrong... didn't your mother used to say that to you? Oh you still live with your parents... all right, my bad, that's ok, RIGHT, anyway I had this interesting idea about how tool formed itself in a way it's kinda hard to understand. I'm not telling this because my bubble in my nose just got bigger... I'm telling to you who all ready know to tell more, save these poor t00l's braincancers from evolving. Thanks for your intrest.
wat
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
ghehehee iiiiaauuu... I couldn't get any sleep 'cause there was a message, at the top of the page, saying: "SOMETHING ABOUT MAYNARD BEIGN SEXY". Well this is for you blnd lttl fckr, you are wrong, you've been always wrong and you'll be always wrong... didn't your mother used to say that to you? Oh you still live with your parents... all right, my bad, that's ok, RIGHT, anyway I had this interesting idea about how tool formed itself in a way it's kinda hard to understand. I'm not telling this because my bubble in my nose just got bigger... I'm telling to you who all ready know to tell more, save these poor t00l's braincancers from evolving. Thanks for your intrest.

My daughter can express herself more effectively than you can...and she can't even talk yet.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #189
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

I effectively ended the entire argument with this post. I guess it is time for me to say those four words to declare victory....I rest my case.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #190
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:
I effectively ended the entire argument with this post. I guess it is time for me to say those four words to declare victory....I rest my case.
elton john...

it would be almost impossible to find a video of maynard sounding as absolutely amazing as he used to...

however, with that said, he is almost 50 years old now. just as tools music has progressed/evolved/changed, you cant expect him to go out there and belt notes that he used to hit singing third eye while on 5 hits of acid.

maybe the passion isnt the same as it once was. but you know what? that fucking happens. get the fuck over it. passion fades in relationships, marriages, friendships, creative endeavors, etc etc. they arent an up and coming band anymore trying to make the scene. they dont have to prove anything. especially to you.

its not to say that tools next cd wont completely blow us all out of the water and be their best yet. its impossible to say, and really in the long term, it doesnt matter at all. take their older cds/performances for the majestic beauty that they are, watch/listen to them as much as you care to, and enjoy. stop fucking comparing it to now.

i love opiate. i love undertow. i love aenima. i love lateralus. i love 10,000 days.

if you love younger maynard so much, try taking his advice from the lateralus tour and do something positive, instead of bashing and being a negative prick.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #191
Level 7 - Loquacious

I also love how "good" is thrown around like this objective, provable property. Truly the hallmark of an intelligent argument.

Maybe I'm not that concerned with holding my little checklist of how many screams get "nailed" night in/night out. Maybe a more reserved and stoic Maynard appeals to me more than the old Blue/Reverend Maynard who screamed a lot?

Who gives a shit? You like what you like. You don't like what's going on now (even though it's not the great leap/drop in quality you make it out to be with all of your hyperbole), awesome.

When you become a rambling an insufferable twat is when you start actively trying to convince others that something they love, artwise, is shitty.

Want to convince someone that their love of drilling in the Gulf is a shitting thing? Go for it. That's a worthy cause.

Trying to pick apart someone else's love of a certain piece of art and PROVE to them that they're "wrong?" Hard to imagine a more worthless and disgusting pursuit, really.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #192

Quote:
I also love how "good" is thrown around like this objective, provable property. Truly the hallmark of an intelligent argument.

Maybe I'm not that concerned with holding my little checklist of how many screams get "nailed" night in/night out. Maybe a more reserved and stoic Maynard appeals to me more than the old Blue/Reverend Maynard who screamed a lot?

Who gives a shit? You like what you like. You don't like what's going on now (even though it's not the great leap/drop in quality you make it out to be with all of your hyperbole), awesome.

When you become a rambling an insufferable twat is when you start actively trying to convince others that something they love, artwise, is shitty.

Want to convince someone that their love of drilling in the Gulf is a shitting thing? Go for it. That's a worthy cause.

Trying to pick apart someone else's love of a certain piece of art and PROVE to them that they're "wrong?" Hard to imagine a more worthless and disgusting pursuit, really.
In all fairness to the creator of this thread, it's not really about "good." It's about being on key and on pitch, and those ARE objective. All of those "screams" or high, climactic vocal parts are supposed to be on key with the rest of the instruments and have pitch that compliments the music. Maynard frequently misses these notes now, because his vocal chords have deteriorated, and he can't sing as high or as throaty as he used to. Unless you're completely tone deaf, you have noticed by now that Vicarious in particular has sounded pretty bad lately, and I'm not just talking about the very end. Go watch some live clips of it on Youtube, and you'll see what I mean.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #193
Level 7 - Loquacious

If you want to argue a point, then you need to use proper terms. He should stress those terms rather than saying, "it's not good" over and over. But even then... what's the fucking point?

With regards to your post, dude, he's ALWAYS done that. Some of you are looking at the past with very rose-colored glasses.

There's plenty of videos from the "old days" where he went off pitch, hit odd notes, etc. It happens. It's called live rock music. Not trying to be a dick.

I STILL don't get the insistence to prove this "point." What's the drive behind creating a crusade to convince people who happen to enjoy the band still that they're "wrong?"

Why not just shove off, call it a day, and find a new band? I'll never understand the need to keep coming back and back and back to, "no, you don't understand! He/They're not good anymore!!!! Whyyyyyyyyy won't anyone listen to me?"
Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 AM   #194
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT View Post
So I am thinking this tour has some deeper meaning to it than them trying to make a quick buck over the summer. My rationale is as follows:

During the last two tours, they curiously added Flood to the setlist. While it makes sense after Katrina, they continued with it... Flood is lengthy part to the setlist... being an older and less well known piece, its curious they should add this.

This tour is clearly not geared towards making money.... the cities, save a few, are not particularly huge... The tour starts in New Orleans, moves to Houston, and then follows the path up the central US... almost like the path of a hurricane. The first two cities, are the last two cities hit by a major hurricane in the united states... I think on some level, the topography of this tour, mixed with their curious addition of Flood to the setlist, and the fact that this tour is absurdly deviant from their typical pattern leads to the conclusion that they in some way are trying to connect themselves to the coming disasters... Oddly, all signs point to a tulmultuous hydro-carbon laden hurricane season this year.... just a thought. Perhaps they are warning people? Perhaps they are enchanting the hurricanes to come?

All i know, is in 2008, Ike was dancing with landfall on the Floridian coast. So, I stupidly, purchased Intrade shares for a landfall in Florida... From that point on, the hurricane adjusted it course... such that it hit Houston directly (where I live).. The wall of the eye passed directly over my house... I foolishly insulted karma... and it reared its wrathful hand all over my yard and house.... The shape of an eye is the one that all animals perceive equally as the sign for a sentient living being... curious we should also perceive a hurricane to be the same shape... perhaps there are more powerful forces at work whos absurd explanation tests our rational understanding of the natural world. hurricanes are fucking absurdly powerful acts of cosmic fury...

/paranoid schizophrenic rant.

you can bet they will play Flood on this tour.

here comes the water.
Smoke less.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #195
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Hey nusense...was that not specific enough? When i say "good" it encompasses all of that. Do I need to break this down any further for you, or do you think you will be able to grasp what "good" means in this context from now on? Just let me know, i am here to help =).

There is no opposing argument in this entire thread. All it is, is a bunch of fangirls crying and asking me why I feel the need to do this.

It reminds me a whole lot of a group of friends getting mad at someone for calling their obese friend fat.

But please remember....no matter how pointless or mean or uncalled for it is to make fun of the portly chap, doesnt take away from the fact that the poor bastard is fat.

No matter how much energy you think i am wasting on this topic to point out that maynard cant sing very "good" anymore, doesnt take away from the fact that he cant sing very "good" anymore.

I also never once said i "expected" his voice to be the same. All i am doing is pointing out a simple fact and you all are arguing moot points that no one raised, so continue arguing with yourselves on positions i never held and claims i never made.

Class dismissed.

Last edited by Elton John; 06-19-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #196
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

his voice clearly got shot during the 2.5 years straight doing lateralus tour. his voice is still solid, but different and 10k days reflects that. this is why he let the audience scream the last verse of vicarious every night. i mean, the mans getting up there in age, its hard to keep screaming like that for 20 years.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #197
On Probation

i disagree that he doesnt still sing "good" anymore though. his voice is still very emotionally powerful and nuanced.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #198
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

My god they are playing intolerance, third eye, and the patient this tour.....you always find a way to pull money out of me dont you tool.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #199
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
his voice clearly got shot during the 2.5 years straight doing lateralus tour. his voice is still solid, but different and 10k days reflects that. this is why he let the audience scream the last verse of vicarious every night. i mean, the mans getting up there in age, its hard to keep screaming like that for 20 years.
im starting to think im wrong about this after the reviews. ill know saturday night!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 AM   #200
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Third eye, intolerance, the patient...sounds like a good show. I'm still stoked that I got to see pushit in san diego in 07.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: