Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 02. Jambi
User Name
Password
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
10-19-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynesthe1 View Post
TO ALL: YOU HEAR WHAT YOU WANT AND I HEAR WHAT I KNOW. AND I AM A WOMAN ( TO THAT GUY WHO CALLED ME A "DOOD" ) AND I CAN WRITE WHATEVER I WANT. I HEAR WHAT I HEAR IN THIS SONG. IT'S MY EARS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE BUT TO BE MEAN ABOUT IT LEAVES ME TO WANT THE BENEVOLENT SON AROUND ME EVEN MORE...... AND I WRITE IN CAPITALS JUST BECAUSE I LIKE TO. ANY HARM IN THAT??
No harm, just lame and ego driven.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #41
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: Official Lyrics

Quote:
TO ALL: YOU HEAR WHAT YOU WANT AND I HEAR WHAT I KNOW. AND I AM A WOMAN ( TO THAT GUY WHO CALLED ME A "DOOD" ) AND I CAN WRITE WHATEVER I WANT. I HEAR WHAT I HEAR IN THIS SONG. IT'S MY EARS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO AGREE BUT TO BE MEAN ABOUT IT LEAVES ME TO WANT THE BENEVOLENT SON AROUND ME EVEN MORE...... AND I WRITE IN CAPITALS JUST BECAUSE I LIKE TO. ANY HARM IN THAT??
10-19-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearethestories View Post
If you do see it in religious terms (and pardon the "fucktard" comment, I just get frustrated when people say that these "can't be the official lyrics" when they clearly are), then what do you have to say about "Legion" now?

There have been countless threads where this has been mentioned, but I'll just stick the chapter and verse here: Mark 5:10/Luke 8:31 (incontext). Try biblegateway.com. Doesn't LEGION make more sense than LEECH given that the devil was already discussed in the song?

We may all hear what we want to hear, but to suggest that the lyrics are incorrect based on your hearing is just silly. Think and believe what you want, that's fine, but just don't say that we're wrong for attempting to decipher the ACTUAL lyrics as given to us by Blair from Maynard.

And I like the Benevolent Son as much as you do, so again, I apologize for calling the "fucktard" comment - I got heated and it was uncalled for.

Grace and peace.
no harm done. :) i hear the last as leech. "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way.... that's what i hear but....
Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
If you do see it in religious terms (and pardon the "fucktard" comment, I just get frustrated when people say that these "can't be the official lyrics" when they clearly are), then what do you have to say about "Legion" now?

There have been countless threads where this has been mentioned, but I'll just stick the chapter and verse here: Mark 5:10/Luke 8:31 (incontext). Try biblegateway.com. Doesn't LEGION make more sense than LEECH given that the devil was already discussed in the song?

We may all hear what we want to hear, but to suggest that the lyrics are incorrect based on your hearing is just silly. Think and believe what you want, that's fine, but just don't say that we're wrong for attempting to decipher the ACTUAL lyrics as given to us by Blair from Maynard.

And I like the Benevolent Son as much as you do, so again, I apologize for calling the "fucktard" comment - I got heated and it was uncalled for.

Grace and peace.
no harm done. :) i hear the last as leech. "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way.... that's what i hear but....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
laynesthe1
10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs View Post
I guess someone could argue that Maynard should have sang "Shine on ambivalent and coincidentally beneficial to man kind by no choice of its own...sun."
hahahaaha. i'm so happy that he didn't sing that. :)
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty50fs View Post
I guess someone could argue that Maynard should have sang "Shine on ambivalent and coincidentally beneficial to man kind by no choice of its own...sun."
hahahaaha. i'm so happy that he didn't sing that. :)
laynesthe1
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
i think lame and ego driven is harmful. just my opinion......
Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
wearethestories's Avatar wearethestories
10-19-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
just a warning... but don't start this argument with Inner_ if you think he's being mean now. it will only get worse...
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink to their health, then meet with them no more.

9.30.2006 - Washington, D.C.
6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
just a warning... but don't start this argument with Inner_ if you think he's being mean now. it will only get worse...
Away with our explosives then! Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world... But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
0ctopod's Avatar 0ctopod
10-19-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm View Post
Source: Toolarmy.com

Silence, legion. save your poison. Silence, legion. Stay out of my way.
Legion twice. I have to give credit to wearethestories for correcting me on this on another thread.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #46
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm View Post
Source: Toolarmy.com

Silence, legion. save your poison. Silence, legion. Stay out of my way.
Legion twice. I have to give credit to wearethestories for correcting me on this on another thread.
10-19-2007, 08:25 PM

Just Admit that you were wrong.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #47
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

Just Admit that you were wrong.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Caduceus11's Avatar Caduceus11
10-20-2007, 01:28 PM

jambi, is also rooted in the word "Jamb" as in door jamb....like a supporting structure--so the eyes could be supported & held open by Jambs....
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

jambi, is also rooted in the word "Jamb" as in door jamb....like a supporting structure--so the eyes could be supported & held open by Jambs....
10-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11 View Post
OR... read the lyrics...

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus11 View Post
OR... read the lyrics...

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
laynesthe1
10-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
i like your style... :)
Old 10-20-2007, 01:52 PM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
i like your style... :)
laynesthe1
10-20-2007, 02:04 PM

here's how i see it, boring as it may be to repeat, legion is a two syllable word, leech is one, if you put "leech and..." that makes it sound like two. see what i mean?? :)
Old 10-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

here's how i see it, boring as it may be to repeat, legion is a two syllable word, leech is one, if you put "leech and..." that makes it sound like two. see what i mean?? :)
10-20-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, and it's been debated hotly for the past year and a half on this site. I'm just saying that the lyrics now show (from the singer himself) the line to be "Legion", which to me makes even more sense if you were going for the spiritual theme. There's no mention of anything leeching off of him in the previous parts of the song - even the "devil and his" are just spoken of as being forces that drag the narrator down, not sucking his soul or bleeding him dry.

The sound is indeed quite similar (if not identical) and you could make a case for "leech and" if it weren't for being given the official lyrics from toolband.com. In fact, this was the most common idea until we received the lyrics (though I have to admit that I've always thought it was "Legion" because of the Biblical imagery in "devil" and "martyr", etc.; so I feel a bit vindicated after the release of the lyrics).

Oh, and thanks for the props Octopod!

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, and it's been debated hotly for the past year and a half on this site. I'm just saying that the lyrics now show (from the singer himself) the line to be "Legion", which to me makes even more sense if you were going for the spiritual theme. There's no mention of anything leeching off of him in the previous parts of the song - even the "devil and his" are just spoken of as being forces that drag the narrator down, not sucking his soul or bleeding him dry.

The sound is indeed quite similar (if not identical) and you could make a case for "leech and" if it weren't for being given the official lyrics from toolband.com. In fact, this was the most common idea until we received the lyrics (though I have to admit that I've always thought it was "Legion" because of the Biblical imagery in "devil" and "martyr", etc.; so I feel a bit vindicated after the release of the lyrics).

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
ego_mos_perceptum's Avatar ego_mos_perceptum
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post
doesnt sun and son mean the same thing when you think about it in a tree of life/qabalistic context? tiphareth = son/sun (of male chokmah and female binah)

maybe there's some meaning behind this word? ;)
Ah, finally :)
Old 10-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicbanana View Post
doesnt sun and son mean the same thing when you think about it in a tree of life/qabalistic context? tiphareth = son/sun (of male chokmah and female binah)

maybe there's some meaning behind this word? ;)
Ah, finally :)
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
No argument here, she's right. Lame and ego driven are negative, if not harmful. I have myself to thank for that at times. I can be very ego driven at times and very self reflective at times. I have enough things to work on, I've been learning that as well. But, I will still always probably be one to call out the lame and impaired common sense ramblings.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #54
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
No argument here, she's right. Lame and ego driven are negative, if not harmful. I have myself to thank for that at times. I can be very ego driven at times and very self reflective at times. I have enough things to work on, I've been learning that as well. But, I will still always probably be one to call out the lame and impaired common sense ramblings.
10-23-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:

I still have yet to see an "official posting" of said official lyrics. ;-P
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #55
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

10-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Because Kabir's a hack admin.

check out http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=853 (hellboy gets letters directly from TOOL)

read down a bit and you'll see the post of someone's cut and paste job from toolarmy.com

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

check out http://www.fourtheye.net/?p=853 (hellboy gets letters directly from TOOL)

read down a bit and you'll see the post of someone's cut and paste job from toolarmy.com

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Nah, too much trouble...thanks for the effort though
Old 10-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #57
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

10-23-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

all that effort... gone to waste...

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
*sigh*

all that effort... gone to waste...

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
endless_nameless's Avatar endless_nameless
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM

Does anyway else think he says kneeling away my center instead of giving away my center? I don't doubt these are the official lyrics, but use your ears. Also, have a look at the official lyrics for Undertow, he's never been one for complete accuracy when typing out lyrics; for example, he also leaves out the wanna wish it all away part because it's repetitive.

Last edited by endless_nameless; 10-23-2007 at 09:24 PM..
Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #59
Deus absconditus

Bincount™: 13

Does anyway else think he says kneeling away my center instead of giving away my center? I don't doubt these are the official lyrics, but use your ears. Also, have a look at the official lyrics for Undertow, he's never been one for complete accuracy when typing out lyrics; for example, he also leaves out the wanna wish it all away part because it's repetitive.

Last edited by endless_nameless; 10-23-2007 at 09:24 PM..
10-24-2007, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless_nameless View Post
You could make a case for that I think. Which wouldn't interfere with the lyrics we've been given since "kneeling" and "giving" involve the same action of allowing someone else to take his "center", though in different ways (which are both nuanced).

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 AM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
You could make a case for that I think. Which wouldn't interfere with the lyrics we've been given since "kneeling" and "giving" involve the same action of allowing someone else to take his "center", though in different ways (which are both nuanced).

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
shifty50fs
10-24-2007, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
Damn my eyes
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes

End. Of. Story.
I've always heard Jambi the second time too.

It's an Inna Gadda Da Vita kind of thing. Maynard screwed up the lyrics, they all laughed about it and said 'let's keep it and name the song that.'
Old 10-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #61
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
Damn my eyes
Jambi eyes
Damn my eyes

End. Of. Story.
I've always heard Jambi the second time too.

It's an Inna Gadda Da Vita kind of thing. Maynard screwed up the lyrics, they all laughed about it and said 'let's keep it and name the song that.'
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
By chance, and I mean just by chance...you didn't happen to ever stop and think about how stupid that sounds? I mean, "kneeling away my center"? Are you fucking serious? Does that phrase right there make any sense to anybody? Now, I suppose you could argue that grammatically it should be "kneeling away FROM my center" but...sadly, the fact is that it does not and that it actually is "giving away my center" which even goes along with the lyrics "..or justify my, GIVING away my center".

<shakes head> When will people ever learn.......
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #62
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
By chance, and I mean just by chance...you didn't happen to ever stop and think about how stupid that sounds? I mean, "kneeling away my center"? Are you fucking serious? Does that phrase right there make any sense to anybody? Now, I suppose you could argue that grammatically it should be "kneeling away FROM my center" but...sadly, the fact is that it does not and that it actually is "giving away my center" which even goes along with the lyrics "..or justify my, GIVING away my center".

10-24-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I gotta call you out on this one...you can not kneel away something, what you CAN DO is kneel AWAY FROM, TOWARDS, or even BESIDE something.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #63
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
I gotta call you out on this one...you can not kneel away something, what you CAN DO is kneel AWAY FROM, TOWARDS, or even BESIDE something.
10-24-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
ACTUALLY... I think it makes perfect metaphorical sense.

If we are talking about giving away something or some sort of penance. There's Christian/Catholic imagery in other songs on this album (and, I'd suggest this one as well). If you take kneeling in prayer to be a penance for sin, "kneeling away your sin" would make total sense. I'm not entirely sure what "kneeling away my center" means, except that it probably has something to do with prayer (which fits the previous lyrics very well I think).

"No one could justify my kneeling away my center" could be possibly paraphrased "No one could justify me giving my life to some god" (the idea in Christianity being that you have to lose your life [your center] in order to gain it).

I'm not saying it's accurate, but I think you can make a pretty good case for it in the metaphorical sense.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-24-2007, 11:32 AM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

If we are talking about giving away something or some sort of penance. There's Christian/Catholic imagery in other songs on this album (and, I'd suggest this one as well). If you take kneeling in prayer to be a penance for sin, "kneeling away your sin" would make total sense. I'm not entirely sure what "kneeling away my center" means, except that it probably has something to do with prayer (which fits the previous lyrics very well I think).

"No one could justify my kneeling away my center" could be possibly paraphrased "No one could justify me giving my life to some god" (the idea in Christianity being that you have to lose your life [your center] in order to gain it).

I'm not saying it's accurate, but I think you can make a pretty good case for it in the metaphorical sense.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
laynesthe1
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:

right on!!!!!!!! :)
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #65
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

right on!!!!!!!! :)
endless_nameless's Avatar endless_nameless
10-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:

I see this song as the tension in Maynard's life between his rock-star lifestyle (wants) and his spiritual center (needs, his son). Taking this view, let's consider the line:

(There's) no prize that could hold sway or justify my giving (kneeling) away my center.

My interpretation would be that kneeling away my center is a reference to Maynard's wants, his hedonistic lifestyle, coming into conflict with his needs, his love for his son. But here he's saying that there is no prize, no sensual gratification, that could justify him kneeling away his center, his love for and need to be with his son. Kneeling in this context makes perfect sense; it basically has an identical meaning to "giving" but with a Christian inflection.

In the same way a person may kneel away his sins (asking God to absolve him of his sins), Maynard is saying that the perks of a rock-star lifestyle cannot justify the creation of a division between him and his son, or justify kneeling away his center. Treasures and flesh may be tempting, but they are not worth kneeling away his center/son for, and if ever one (wants) threatens the existence of the other (needs) he knows what choice he would make, which one he would be willing to sacrifice to save the other.

Last edited by endless_nameless; 10-24-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #66
Deus absconditus

Bincount™: 13

Quote:

I see this song as the tension in Maynard's life between his rock-star lifestyle (wants) and his spiritual center (needs, his son). Taking this view, let's consider the line:

(There's) no prize that could hold sway or justify my giving (kneeling) away my center.

My interpretation would be that kneeling away my center is a reference to Maynard's wants, his hedonistic lifestyle, coming into conflict with his needs, his love for his son. But here he's saying that there is no prize, no sensual gratification, that could justify him kneeling away his center, his love for and need to be with his son. Kneeling in this context makes perfect sense; it basically has an identical meaning to "giving" but with a Christian inflection.

In the same way a person may kneel away his sins (asking God to absolve him of his sins), Maynard is saying that the perks of a rock-star lifestyle cannot justify the creation of a division between him and his son, or justify kneeling away his center. Treasures and flesh may be tempting, but they are not worth kneeling away his center/son for, and if ever one (wants) threatens the existence of the other (needs) he knows what choice he would make, which one he would be willing to sacrifice to save the other.

Last edited by endless_nameless; 10-24-2007 at 10:55 PM..
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Well in that case, I'll let it slide. Although I think "giving your life to god" as you say would actually be more about finding your center, not giving it away.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #67
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Well in that case, I'll let it slide. Although I think "giving your life to god" as you say would actually be more about finding your center, not giving it away.
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:

That's pretty much what I said the day the song came out. Glad to see it make sense to someone else.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #68
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

That's pretty much what I said the day the song came out. Glad to see it make sense to someone else.
10-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
True, but if he is unwilling to do so, he might see it as giving/being forced to give/"kneeling away" his inner-self, or "center" - WHO he is. I dunno, I'm not the biggest fan of this interpretation, but I thought it was valid and could be expounded upon.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 AM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
True, but if he is unwilling to do so, he might see it as giving/being forced to give/"kneeling away" his inner-self, or "center" - WHO he is. I dunno, I'm not the biggest fan of this interpretation, but I thought it was valid and could be expounded upon.

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Matthew77's Avatar Matthew77
10-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
ok, for the sake of arguement, i'll not write in capitals. so... if "the devil and his had him down" why, then, cannot the "benevolent son" lift him up?? wouldn't you want to think that way?? it's much more calming and realistic. it's my fav song because of what he's talking about. puts me at ease and in a good mood. we hear "devil" in songs but seems to be hard for people to comprehend using the word GOD. this is exactly why i hear what i hear. :)
That is an interesting view. Have you ever heard APC's Gravity? Here is some of the lyrics:
I fell again
Like a baby unable to stand on my own
Tail in hand
Dizzy and clearly unable to just let this go
High and surrendering to the gravity and the unknown
Catch me heal me lift me back up to the sun
I choose to live, I choose to live, I choose to live

notice the catch me heal me lift me back up to the sun part. The Sun obviously means alot to Maynard.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #70
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
ok, for the sake of arguement, i'll not write in capitals. so... if "the devil and his had him down" why, then, cannot the "benevolent son" lift him up?? wouldn't you want to think that way?? it's much more calming and realistic. it's my fav song because of what he's talking about. puts me at ease and in a good mood. we hear "devil" in songs but seems to be hard for people to comprehend using the word GOD. this is exactly why i hear what i hear. :)
That is an interesting view. Have you ever heard APC's Gravity? Here is some of the lyrics:
I fell again
Tail in hand

notice the catch me heal me lift me back up to the sun part. The Sun obviously means alot to Maynard.
10-26-2007, 07:06 PM

God i love this song. Best song on the album.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

God i love this song. Best song on the album.
jgbailey6
10-27-2007, 08:22 AM

I knew it was 'Silence, Legion'!
You know - Legion from the Bible

Last edited by jgbailey6; 10-27-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

I knew it was 'Silence, Legion'!
You know - Legion from the Bible

Last edited by jgbailey6; 10-27-2007 at 08:01 PM..
Sasha's Avatar Sasha
10-27-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
You, my piece of mind, my all, my center,
Glad that got resolved, that one was bothering me a lot.

Quote:
(if) wants and needs divide me then I might as well be gone.
This as well. This to me is the most beautiful line in the whole song. Even more so than the whole "breath in union" part(s).
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #73
The most Bosnianest of us all

Bincount™: 4279

Quote:
You, my piece of mind, my all, my center,
Glad that got resolved, that one was bothering me a lot.

Quote:
(if) wants and needs divide me then I might as well be gone.
This as well. This to me is the most beautiful line in the whole song. Even more so than the whole "breath in union" part(s).
thepatient_10k
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM

you do know this song could very well just be about his wife right?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #74

Bincount™: 9

10-27-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient_10k View Post
yeah... that one that doesn't exist because he's not married?

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient_10k View Post

6.07.2007 - Richmond, VA
fnshmetal's Avatar fnshmetal
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Why do so many tool fans over think and over analyze? The meanings of all tools songs will come to you if you let them. I dont know about any of you but many many times ive listened to a tool song and suddenly rediscover it on a much higher level and its basically like an epiphany and at that moment right there you discover the meaning of tool.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #76
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Why do so many tool fans over think and over analyze? The meanings of all tools songs will come to you if you let them. I dont know about any of you but many many times ive listened to a tool song and suddenly rediscover it on a much higher level and its basically like an epiphany and at that moment right there you discover the meaning of tool.
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
lmao....gotta love them guys. He's probably at class right now swearing up and down that the world is flat and telling his teacher he's a fool to think it's round.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #77
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
lmao....gotta love them guys. He's probably at class right now swearing up and down that the world is flat and telling his teacher he's a fool to think it's round.
10-29-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
I fell again
Tail in hand

hi. no, i've never heard that song before. i'd like to. to me, those words, right here that you wrote, feel to me, that he backslid and wants to be helped to do the right things. very nice. :)
Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #78
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew77 View Post
I fell again
Tail in hand

hi. no, i've never heard that song before. i'd like to. to me, those words, right here that you wrote, feel to me, that he backslid and wants to be helped to do the right things. very nice. :)
laynesthe1
10-29-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
hahaahahaha.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #79
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
hahaahahaha.
Khastra_KSC's Avatar Khastra_KSC
11-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Dude... What is wrong with you people.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this part of the opinion forums.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #80
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173

Dude... What is wrong with you people.

Now I remember why I stopped coming to this part of the opinion forums.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply