Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
bruised_kiwi's Avatar bruised_kiwi
05-19-2006, 01:32 AM

from the march newsletter.......read the whole
thing....Dave wears Birkenstocks!!!
http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2006_03.php

And then I saw Dave. At first I thought it was just a mirage, but there he was in his van with the Phish sticker, door beads, and embroidered tapestries. I recognized him by his frizzy hair, dressed in a tie-dye tee, Baja hoodie and hemp pants, with the familiar Birkenstocks, kicking the hackiesack.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
It's about Dave......

from the march newsletter.......read the whole
thing....Dave wears Birkenstocks!!!
http://www.toolband.com/news/letter/2006_03.php

And then I saw Dave. At first I thought it was just a mirage, but there he was in his van with the Phish sticker, door beads, and embroidered tapestries. I recognized him by his frizzy hair, dressed in a tie-dye tee, Baja hoodie and hemp pants, with the familiar Birkenstocks, kicking the hackiesack.
05-19-2006, 01:44 AM

good story.

i have a hard time believing that the rosetta stoned pissed off freaked out voice belongs to such a man who would NOT be in favor of wearing birkenstocks on his feet. if it's TOOL, than it is perfectly acceptable.

good story.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #2
hedonist extraordinaire

Bincount™: 2771
Re: It's about Dave......

good story.

i have a hard time believing that the rosetta stoned pissed off freaked out voice belongs to such a man who would NOT be in favor of wearing birkenstocks on his feet. if it's TOOL, than it is perfectly acceptable.

good story.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
05-19-2006, 04:59 AM

it's not Dave.

Doesn't fit with the line: "It was surreal, like the time Dave floated away."

I guess the story in the newsletter was to let us know who that line was in reference to, not who the whole song is about. I guess Dave thinks he was abducted and some other guy in the story does too.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:59 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972
Re: It's about Dave......

it's not Dave.

Doesn't fit with the line: "It was surreal, like the time Dave floated away."

I guess the story in the newsletter was to let us know who that line was in reference to, not who the whole song is about. I guess Dave thinks he was abducted and some other guy in the story does too.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply