Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
selfimportanttoolfan
05-15-2006, 11:11 AM

I've really tried to get into this song. Everyone loves it and blah blah. But it does absolutely nothing for me. It might even be one of my least favorite Tool songs. What about it appeals to you guys?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
I've tried...

I've really tried to get into this song. Everyone loves it and blah blah. But it does absolutely nothing for me. It might even be one of my least favorite Tool songs. What about it appeals to you guys?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
WitlessLiar
05-15-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfimportanttoolfan
Same but it's getting a lot better. The time in between my first and second listens was 2 weeks. Now I listen to it regularly because it keeps improving.

Still not to the same liking as other Tool songs though

Last edited by WitlessLiar; 05-15-2006 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: explosion
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: I've tried...

Quote:
Same but it's getting a lot better. The time in between my first and second listens was 2 weeks. Now I listen to it regularly because it keeps improving.

Last edited by WitlessLiar; 05-15-2006 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: explosion
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar

it's odd how some songs work, this track stood out for me after the first listen.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitlessLiar

it's odd how some songs work, this track stood out for me after the first listen.
spark's Avatar spark
05-15-2006, 12:08 PM

I like the part of Rosetta Stoned when MJK comes in and sings.."overwhelmed one might be, placed in my position--such a heavy burden out to be the one"
This is the climax of this song and I'm lovin' it!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I like the part of Rosetta Stoned when MJK comes in and sings.."overwhelmed one might be, placed in my position--such a heavy burden out to be the one"
foursixandtwo's Avatar foursixandtwo
05-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Absolutely nothing. I try and try..but I cant get into it either.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

Absolutely nothing. I try and try..but I cant get into it either.
05-15-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark
Agreed; great part. Also like the jam with Danny on the various toms/tablas (sounds exactly like H).

The lyrics are interesting: some stoner gets chosen to be a Christ-like figure and forgets his pen. Humorous?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
[no]

Bincount™: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark
Agreed; great part. Also like the jam with Danny on the various toms/tablas (sounds exactly like H).

The lyrics are interesting: some stoner gets chosen to be a Christ-like figure and forgets his pen. Humorous?
05-15-2006, 12:56 PM

Very humorous, as well as pointing to things they have already told us, in the form of a fragmented dream by the narrator.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Very humorous, as well as pointing to things they have already told us, in the form of a fragmented dream by the narrator.
s62's Avatar s62
05-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Why are you guys concerned about posting whole topics about the fact that you can't get into a song. This is like a fucking self-important blog (lol@selfimportanttoolfan). Some songs you'll like, others you won't. Welcome to music. You'll either grow to like it for your own reasons, or you won't.
btw, I really like this song a lot. One of my fav's...
Old 05-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
s62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 45

Why are you guys concerned about posting whole topics about the fact that you can't get into a song. This is like a fucking self-important blog (lol@selfimportanttoolfan). Some songs you'll like, others you won't. Welcome to music. You'll either grow to like it for your own reasons, or you won't.
05-15-2006, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62
you act like "posting whole topis" is a ridiculously difficult task. (lolzlzolz@s62ahahahha). i was asking what about the song appealed to people, so maybe i could focus on a little more on a section or something.

so, why don't you kiss the fat end of my dick. fuckin moron.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62
you act like "posting whole topis" is a ridiculously difficult task. (lolzlzolz@s62ahahahha). i was asking what about the song appealed to people, so maybe i could focus on a little more on a section or something.

so, why don't you kiss the fat end of my dick. fuckin moron.
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62
Wow how incredibly unconstructive. Some posts you'll like, some you won't. Welcome to a public forum. blah blah blah. Maybe you should go contemplate the lyrics to "The Pot".

Anyway. This is the one song that really jumped out at me. Oddly, I can't seem to get into Vicarious for some reason and everyone else likes it. Go figure. I will give s62 props here though though, because he's right, you will either grow to like it or you wont :)
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
Old 05-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62
Wow how incredibly unconstructive. Some posts you'll like, some you won't. Welcome to a public forum. blah blah blah. Maybe you should go contemplate the lyrics to "The Pot".

Anyway. This is the one song that really jumped out at me. Oddly, I can't seem to get into Vicarious for some reason and everyone else likes it. Go figure. I will give s62 props here though though, because he's right, you will either grow to like it or you wont :)
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
MisterMudd's Avatar MisterMudd
05-15-2006, 05:25 PM

Different Strokes for Different Folks
Old 05-15-2006, 05:25 PM   #11
Just Some Dude (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1330

Different Strokes for Different Folks
Goodwin
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM

I feel the same way about Right in Two. Just doesn't get to me.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I feel the same way about Right in Two. Just doesn't get to me.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply