Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
OneAndOne
05-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Lately I have been thinking this song is coming from 2 people. The abducted, and his friend.

I think it starts with a guy manning his post at area 51, and the ufo comes out of the sky and drops off the victim. Victim gets up, brushes himself off and recounts his tale to the guy at the post, who may or may not be his friend, but anyhow.

I think when he is dropped out of the ufo he turns to his partner and the first words out of his mouth are, "Holy Fucking Shit."

That whole "my partner" thing could be the alien, but I think he's referring to his friend.

Perhaps after he starts recounting his story his buddy says in disbelief, "Gotta be dead head chemistry" implying its just the drugs talking.

The part, "I don't wanna be alone when I tell this story" I always heard "his story"...

Of course the part "You believe me don't you" is him trying to convince his friend that it happened, versus the narrator trying to convince the audience, or the patient trying to convince the doctor(s), which of course are all the first thing that comes to mind...

Just a thought that came upon me while listening to the album. (Never crossed my mind listening to the leak though....not sure why)
Old 05-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Telling Dave's story?

Lately I have been thinking this song is coming from 2 people. The abducted, and his friend.

I think it starts with a guy manning his post at area 51, and the ufo comes out of the sky and drops off the victim. Victim gets up, brushes himself off and recounts his tale to the guy at the post, who may or may not be his friend, but anyhow.

I think when he is dropped out of the ufo he turns to his partner and the first words out of his mouth are, "Holy Fucking Shit."

That whole "my partner" thing could be the alien, but I think he's referring to his friend.

Perhaps after he starts recounting his story his buddy says in disbelief, "Gotta be dead head chemistry" implying its just the drugs talking.

The part, "I don't wanna be alone when I tell this story" I always heard "his story"...

Of course the part "You believe me don't you" is him trying to convince his friend that it happened, versus the narrator trying to convince the audience, or the patient trying to convince the doctor(s), which of course are all the first thing that comes to mind...

Just a thought that came upon me while listening to the album. (Never crossed my mind listening to the leak though....not sure why)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Wonko The Sane
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM

Wow, great thought. I hadn't considered that. I think it works. I'll have to listen to it again with your thoughts in mind.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: Telling Dave's story?

Wow, great thought. I hadn't considered that. I think it works. I'll have to listen to it again with your thoughts in mind.
05-13-2006, 02:50 PM

Nice.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Nice.
theprosperone
05-13-2006, 02:57 PM

I think its more of the guy recounting his experience to the doctor.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I think its more of the guy recounting his experience to the doctor.
eonphi's Avatar eonphi
05-14-2006, 05:47 AM

i dunno, but i was listening to this today and when maynard says "like the time they floated away" i heard "like the time dave floated away"...dunno tho, maybe i was just hearing things
Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

i dunno, but i was listening to this today and when maynard says "like the time they floated away" i heard "like the time dave floated away"...dunno tho, maybe i was just hearing things
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
05-14-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonphi
Yep, so it sounds like this is about someone else with a story just like Dave's.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonphi
Yep, so it sounds like this is about someone else with a story just like Dave's.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply