Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Salvatorin
12-25-2006, 06:11 PM

Everyone knows this song is like third eye, and people may think it a rip-off (i don't really know many people who think this) but ive also noticed many other musical similarities to other songs in this album. I don't think its bad, it actually has a sort of good effect.

The whole basis of third eye is that wierd 1-2-3-4-5-6 thing. It sounds freaky and stands out there, but only just recently noticed that in rosetta stoned it does the same thing. But its not as creepy as in third eye.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Banned.

Location: Anywhere with the opportunity of being wooftacular!
Bincount™: 332
Musical similarities to Third Eye

Everyone knows this song is like third eye, and people may think it a rip-off (i don't really know many people who think this) but ive also noticed many other musical similarities to other songs in this album. I don't think its bad, it actually has a sort of good effect.

The whole basis of third eye is that wierd 1-2-3-4-5-6 thing. It sounds freaky and stands out there, but only just recently noticed that in rosetta stoned it does the same thing. But its not as creepy as in third eye.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Salvatorin
12-25-2006, 06:23 PM

i just remembered that rosetta stoned is not 6/8 its kind of like 5/4 i dunno but it has the same idea.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Banned.

Re: Musical similarities to Third Eye

i just remembered that rosetta stoned is not 6/8 its kind of like 5/4 i dunno but it has the same idea.
Salvatorin
12-25-2006, 06:25 PM

in general, though third eye is creepier, It has a different meaning, and is much more epic. Hmmmm...this thread seems pointless now. Hey, but its true about 10,000 having interesting little riffs from other cds. I even have exact examples. i need to make a new tread about that.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
Banned.

in general, though third eye is creepier, It has a different meaning, and is much more epic. Hmmmm...this thread seems pointless now. Hey, but its true about 10,000 having interesting little riffs from other cds. I even have exact examples. i need to make a new tread about that.
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
12-26-2006, 03:59 AM

lol, you're covering old ground dude. You'll get shot down by people saying NO, THERE ARE NO RIFFS THAT SOUND SIMILAR TO OTHER SONGS, IT'S ALL ENTIRELY NEW!

Have to say though, people aren't saying the songs are rip offs when they say that there are other riffs. It's so obvious to anyone who knows how to write a song that Tool have done it deliberately.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

lol, you're covering old ground dude. You'll get shot down by people saying NO, THERE ARE NO RIFFS THAT SOUND SIMILAR TO OTHER SONGS, IT'S ALL ENTIRELY NEW!

Have to say though, people aren't saying the songs are rip offs when they say that there are other riffs. It's so obvious to anyone who knows how to write a song that Tool have done it deliberately.
Salvatorin
12-26-2006, 08:32 AM

i know...i just didn't have the patience to go find another thread talking about this
Old 12-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
Banned.

i know...i just didn't have the patience to go find another thread talking about this
Salvatorin
12-26-2006, 08:36 AM

i think the little riffs they add like the guitar noise at 7:02 are awsome as they add a tool-theme. I can't really explain it but everyone knows what i'm talking about
Old 12-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
Banned.

i think the little riffs they add like the guitar noise at 7:02 are awsome as they add a tool-theme. I can't really explain it but everyone knows what i'm talking about
ThirdEyEwidEopEn
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM

Im seriously starting to believe they did it to fuck with people, even b4 I stumbled on here my younger brother stated that to him it sounded like some their was some riffs from some lateralus tracks. THe more I listen to it though yes I hear like maybe 2 riffs(46and2 and some other song from lateralus maybe), other than that no, but thats tool and I love those riffs no matter how many times you hear them you always will love them. Thirdeye and rosetta are two entirely different trips in my eyes just the vibes of the song totally different, THIRD EYE obviously more powerful especially with the Bill passing and them putting him at the start. ROsetta is really starting to grow on me more and more I listen to it you pick up a bit more you start to transcribe all the craziness that the song is. I could only imagine the new album trippin, im saying it would not disappoint, but ive been on my good behavior for a year or so, its about time for another imprint id say :D I love how everyone on here is always thinking though always trying to figure out what the meaning behind everything is, its fucking great but like someone else said in another post, something about just appreciating it for what it is. I like the new album and I really hope they come back in the US this summer. I missed the last runs, havent seen a show since lateralus tour 01 or 2, maynard was fucking pissed the crowd boo'ed the shit outta the opening band I forget who it was tricky maybe hell not sure, fucking tards so he wouldnt face us whole show, I still loved it though lateralus was a great fucking album and the live show was even better...
Old 12-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Im seriously starting to believe they did it to fuck with people, even b4 I stumbled on here my younger brother stated that to him it sounded like some their was some riffs from some lateralus tracks. THe more I listen to it though yes I hear like maybe 2 riffs(46and2 and some other song from lateralus maybe), other than that no, but thats tool and I love those riffs no matter how many times you hear them you always will love them. Thirdeye and rosetta are two entirely different trips in my eyes just the vibes of the song totally different, THIRD EYE obviously more powerful especially with the Bill passing and them putting him at the start. ROsetta is really starting to grow on me more and more I listen to it you pick up a bit more you start to transcribe all the craziness that the song is. I could only imagine the new album trippin, im saying it would not disappoint, but ive been on my good behavior for a year or so, its about time for another imprint id say :D I love how everyone on here is always thinking though always trying to figure out what the meaning behind everything is, its fucking great but like someone else said in another post, something about just appreciating it for what it is. I like the new album and I really hope they come back in the US this summer. I missed the last runs, havent seen a show since lateralus tour 01 or 2, maynard was fucking pissed the crowd boo'ed the shit outta the opening band I forget who it was tricky maybe hell not sure, fucking tards so he wouldnt face us whole show, I still loved it though lateralus was a great fucking album and the live show was even better...
Salvatorin
12-28-2006, 05:40 PM

yeah i almost thinks i'm paying too much attention although i always have a jump of joy when i hear these little riffs. one time i was listening to this song and when it got to that part with the wierd solo and then how you hear the solo over the recurring theme; omg i meditating, and this song started to induce wonderful hallucinations in rainbow colors...
Old 12-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
Banned.

yeah i almost thinks i'm paying too much attention although i always have a jump of joy when i hear these little riffs. one time i was listening to this song and when it got to that part with the wierd solo and then how you hear the solo over the recurring theme; omg i meditating, and this song started to induce wonderful hallucinations in rainbow colors...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply