Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
toolrox19's Avatar toolrox19
07-07-2007, 07:28 AM

well the other night i was listening to the whole album and something appeared to me.. so the talking on lost keys how the doctor is asking the patient to tell him everything, then in rosseta first line is 'alrighty then' i dont know what the guys whole story means because this is a developing thought, like my sober interp. piece by piece, but it seems like maynard is telling a story about some one who is in really bad shape and resorting to anything and ends up in the hospital

now get me stright i'm 100% about making my own interpretation and not relating it to the band or people at all but this one just came to me

feedback..
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
connection with RS and Lost Keys

well the other night i was listening to the whole album and something appeared to me.. so the talking on lost keys how the doctor is asking the patient to tell him everything, then in rosseta first line is 'alrighty then' i dont know what the guys whole story means because this is a developing thought, like my sober interp. piece by piece, but it seems like maynard is telling a story about some one who is in really bad shape and resorting to anything and ends up in the hospital

now get me stright i'm 100% about making my own interpretation and not relating it to the band or people at all but this one just came to me

feedback..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
07-11-2007, 04:19 AM

he got stoned. had a bad trip. ended up in hopital, explained it to the docotr.

not a bad song, i used to hate it but its grown on me. but sorry in this case that is as deep a meaning as there is.

and its mind blowlingly fucking obvious too, ofcourse theres a link, its an introduction track, which interestingly i also enjoy more than RS :S common theme on the album
Old 07-11-2007, 04:19 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: connection with RS and Lost Keys

not a bad song, i used to hate it but its grown on me. but sorry in this case that is as deep a meaning as there is.

and its mind blowlingly fucking obvious too, ofcourse theres a link, its an introduction track, which interestingly i also enjoy more than RS :S common theme on the album
toolrox19's Avatar toolrox19
07-14-2007, 07:50 AM

ill get more up when im not sleeping
=]
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

ill get more up when im not sleeping
=]
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

08-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

Well that plus they're calling out all the kids using drugs recklessly. The whole point is that this guy Dave got so fucked up taking like what, 5 diff drugs at once and lost sight of what he was supposed to have been able to gain from a more insightful experience. I've explained it better on one of these RS threads. But as he has said himself, the idea is to maybe use the drugs once or twice to gain an understanding and take something from the experience and then try to get back to that open state of mind again without the drugs. So he's basically saying Dave was a dumbass to go overboard like he did and here's his story.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post

Well that plus they're calling out all the kids using drugs recklessly. The whole point is that this guy Dave got so fucked up taking like what, 5 diff drugs at once and lost sight of what he was supposed to have been able to gain from a more insightful experience. I've explained it better on one of these RS threads. But as he has said himself, the idea is to maybe use the drugs once or twice to gain an understanding and take something from the experience and then try to get back to that open state of mind again without the drugs. So he's basically saying Dave was a dumbass to go overboard like he did and here's his story.
08-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Lost keys describes a man who has some sort of "problem", probably took some lsd
or something, anway..he doesnt have a file etc, because the nurse tells the doctor..
they dont know what the problem is, so the doctor comes in and ask's him to tell him everything. So the patient replys with "All right then" and Rosetta Stoned is born.

Great song, nice lyrics and awesome music =)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Lost keys describes a man who has some sort of "problem", probably took some lsd
or something, anway..he doesnt have a file etc, because the nurse tells the doctor..
they dont know what the problem is, so the doctor comes in and ask's him to tell him everything. So the patient replys with "All right then" and Rosetta Stoned is born.

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid0.1 View Post

You did an awesome job of saying the EXACT SAME THING everybody else just said. BRAVO!

FYI....he says "alrighty then"
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid0.1 View Post

You did an awesome job of saying the EXACT SAME THING everybody else just said. BRAVO!

FYI....he says "alrighty then"
08-13-2007, 11:18 PM

I think it's about the fans who are Rosetta Stoned. One reason why theirs new-old riffs, also probably why he emphasises "you had better listen."

Since they like to toy with the fans....10,000 days was the experiment.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

I think it's about the fans who are Rosetta Stoned. One reason why theirs new-old riffs, also probably why he emphasises "you had better listen."

Since they like to toy with the fans....10,000 days was the experiment.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Aenima7988's Avatar Aenima7988
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM

the song isn't about dave (whoever that is), he compares it to another time when dave floated away (whatever that means)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 15

the song isn't about dave (whoever that is), he compares it to another time when dave floated away (whatever that means)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply