Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Dpeezy
05-04-2006, 04:40 PM

are there any drummers out there who are trying to learn the break at 7:11 in rosetta stoned? I've been trying to learn it, and from what i understand its, 5/8 on the bass drum, 3/4 on the wierd bongo sounding thing with accents on 3, and 2/4 on the electric highhat thing danny uses. Justin is playing in 5/8 and accenting the 3/4 pattern... God tool is insane, but I'll get it.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Drum and Bass break

are there any drummers out there who are trying to learn the break at 7:11 in rosetta stoned? I've been trying to learn it, and from what i understand its, 5/8 on the bass drum, 3/4 on the wierd bongo sounding thing with accents on 3, and 2/4 on the electric highhat thing danny uses. Justin is playing in 5/8 and accenting the 3/4 pattern... God tool is insane, but I'll get it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
MarcDrums's Avatar MarcDrums
05-05-2006, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeezy
the duplets on the bass drum blow my mind
Old 05-05-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Drum and Bass break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeezy
the duplets on the bass drum blow my mind
RidetheRhythm
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM

Damn, I am feeling that groove... its absolutely nasty, twisted, funky sickness... yet something you can keep movin' to at the same time--shit is actually danceable
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Damn, I am feeling that groove... its absolutely nasty, twisted, funky sickness... yet something you can keep movin' to at the same time--shit is actually danceable
champion's Avatar champion
05-05-2006, 09:00 AM

I pretty much have it down in terms of straight rhythm, but I can't figure out all the little intricacies.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

I pretty much have it down in terms of straight rhythm, but I can't figure out all the little intricacies.
noresolution2's Avatar noresolution2
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM

I never really paid attention to this section until people on this forum pointed it out, but yeah it's some really intricate shit. I love how they can make complicated arrangements sound simple.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

I never really paid attention to this section until people on this forum pointed it out, but yeah it's some really intricate shit. I love how they can make complicated arrangements sound simple.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply