Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
mjr
04-19-2006, 01:48 PM

This song (from what lyrics have been extracted) is about Maynard satirizing the powerful position which some Tool fans put him in to influence their lives. Forgetting the pen and shit is like ahh fuck it I'm gonna stop being all "chosen" and I'm just gonna sing about what I want. (his mother, politics, television)
Old 04-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
mjr
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Theory

This song (from what lyrics have been extracted) is about Maynard satirizing the powerful position which some Tool fans put him in to influence their lives. Forgetting the pen and shit is like ahh fuck it I'm gonna stop being all "chosen" and I'm just gonna sing about what I want. (his mother, politics, television)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Vegama
04-19-2006, 01:53 PM

Why can't it just be about an amazing acid trip?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Theory

mike09's Avatar mike09
04-19-2006, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegama
lol ya srsly
Old 04-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
lol ya srsly
renob
04-19-2006, 02:00 PM

Seems to me like it may just be about an acid trip. also feels like a tribute to Hunter S.Thompson to me. but that's just me.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Seems to me like it may just be about an acid trip. also feels like a tribute to Hunter S.Thompson to me. but that's just me.
xpandnz
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM

go read the Newsletter that talks about Rosetta Stoned
Old 04-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

go read the Newsletter that talks about Rosetta Stoned
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM

i read into it some criticizm of christianity (jesus was "the chosen one" but didn't actually write any of the scriptures (forgot a pen))

i doubt this is what they were thinking, but it's an interesting way of looking at it
Old 04-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

i read into it some criticizm of christianity (jesus was "the chosen one" but didn't actually write any of the scriptures (forgot a pen))

i doubt this is what they were thinking, but it's an interesting way of looking at it
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Thats an interesting thought. It could be a subtle allusion, but I kind of doubt it. I like that approach though.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 23

Thats an interesting thought. It could be a subtle allusion, but I kind of doubt it. I like that approach though.
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
Agree completely, thats why theres so many stolen riffs in this song, its a complete pisstake. It also happens to sound great which gives it that extra umph.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr
Agree completely, thats why theres so many stolen riffs in this song, its a complete pisstake. It also happens to sound great which gives it that extra umph.
badshirt
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I heard somebody say that this album doesn't leave room for interpretation but I'm with you on this. I think all of the songs are so open to interpretation - Rosetta Stoned I thought (alien abduction too obvious but it could be) on first listen - dude on serious trip shows up in hospital.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
I heard somebody say that this album doesn't leave room for interpretation but I'm with you on this. I think all of the songs are so open to interpretation - Rosetta Stoned I thought (alien abduction too obvious but it could be) on first listen - dude on serious trip shows up in hospital.
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-20-2006, 06:56 AM

Im going to ake back my idea and just say this about a bad trip, again thats why they use the third eye riff (was about a good one) but with messed up lyrics and vocals.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:56 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Im going to ake back my idea and just say this about a bad trip, again thats why they use the third eye riff (was about a good one) but with messed up lyrics and vocals.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply