Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Untamed
04-23-2006, 08:32 AM

The more I listen to this song...man. 4:33 is a friggin mind blowing event. This album is by far my favorite from Tool, each listen reveals more than the last.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Incredible

The more I listen to this song...man. 4:33 is a friggin mind blowing event. This album is by far my favorite from Tool, each listen reveals more than the last.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
A Tad Bit Catatonic's Avatar A Tad Bit Catatonic
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM

For me too... it's growing on me like a fucking orchid. So different, but so damn amazing. The Pot is a driving song too I find, makes me want to floor it =).
Old 04-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61
Re: Incredible

For me too... it's growing on me like a fucking orchid. So different, but so damn amazing. The Pot is a driving song too I find, makes me want to floor it =).
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tad Bit Catatonic
This song is so bloody addictive, the most rockin' song Tool have ever made.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #3

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM

that bassline is bumpin'
Old 04-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

that bassline is bumpin'
IC's Avatar IC
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seethus
damn straight
Old 04-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seethus
damn straight
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Best tool song ever. I don't care that it is kind of short and catchy. It really resonates deeply with me.

Ok DRT is better, but still this song is AMAZING.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #6

Bincount™: 11

Best tool song ever. I don't care that it is kind of short and catchy. It really resonates deeply with me.

Ok DRT is better, but still this song is AMAZING.
randomhero8823's Avatar randomhero8823
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM

this album grows on you like mold.... its amazing... The pot is amazing wow.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #7
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1657

a788's Avatar a788
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM

i would say addictive would be the best word for the song. i didnt have my music with me this weekend. i seriously had withdrawls from listening to this song. it's all i wanted to do all weekend.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 2268

i would say addictive would be the best word for the song. i didnt have my music with me this weekend. i seriously had withdrawls from listening to this song. it's all i wanted to do all weekend.
brett caldwell
04-26-2006, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed

you said it!!! 4:33!!!! Danny is the man! By laying down consistent high-hat and snare hits and that insane double kick syncopation, he straightens the feel of the rhythm from a bouncy randomness to a very definite pumping pulsation. It’s a wicked groove.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed

you said it!!! 4:33!!!! Danny is the man! By laying down consistent high-hat and snare hits and that insane double kick syncopation, he straightens the feel of the rhythm from a bouncy randomness to a very definite pumping pulsation. It’s a wicked groove.
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
04-26-2006, 04:41 AM

4:57 till 5:00 is a WICKED bit of guitar madness

and the drums arent to shabby either
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 04-26-2006, 04:41 AM   #10

Bincount™: 5

4:57 till 5:00 is a WICKED bit of guitar madness

and the drums arent to shabby either
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Metlamaniac's Avatar Metlamaniac
04-26-2006, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett caldwell

Just to be a ponce about it.....

I don't think its a Hi-Hat

Its like a very fast dampened China Cymbal. Maybe two cymbals on top of each other. Like what the guy from The Mars Volta uses
Old 04-26-2006, 04:53 AM   #11

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett caldwell

Just to be a ponce about it.....

I don't think its a Hi-Hat

Its like a very fast dampened China Cymbal. Maybe two cymbals on top of each other. Like what the guy from The Mars Volta uses
seneca77's Avatar seneca77
04-26-2006, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero8823

right on man, every tool album grows on you, and becomes part of you. for a lot of us, this is not just music. even though rationally, it is just music. but as you put it, moldy music.

have you heard the theories that all fungi are alien life forms?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:48 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero8823

right on man, every tool album grows on you, and becomes part of you. for a lot of us, this is not just music. even though rationally, it is just music. but as you put it, moldy music.

04-26-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77

Panspermia, I like where you guys are going with this. The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........
Old 04-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneca77

Panspermia, I like where you guys are going with this. The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........
04-28-2006, 02:23 PM

i just have bits of this song coming into my head at random times at school, and it just sticks with me..its one of those songs i never want to NOT get stuck in my head, along with every other song by tool
Old 04-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

i just have bits of this song coming into my head at random times at school, and it just sticks with me..its one of those songs i never want to NOT get stuck in my head, along with every other song by tool
bales
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........
you said it. every song is like a living organism, which grows and grows and grows to a crescendo and it invariably dies. no other music has that feel. this album is no exception!

tho i had reservations on maynards new voice in this song, it certainly has grown on me.. this song calls for a higher octave. and it only gets better as the song progresses.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
The music is certainly organic, and earthy. It is so real..........
you said it. every song is like a living organism, which grows and grows and grows to a crescendo and it invariably dies. no other music has that feel. this album is no exception!

tho i had reservations on maynards new voice in this song, it certainly has grown on me.. this song calls for a higher octave. and it only gets better as the song progresses.
JoeyVWEA
04-29-2006, 01:45 AM

First time I heard it, I was like WTF!?!?! WOW! CRAZY! and now I can't start my day without this song. I have it on my ipod and on a cd in my car and I cannot stop listening to it...that and Jambi
Old 04-29-2006, 01:45 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

First time I heard it, I was like WTF!?!?! WOW! CRAZY! and now I can't start my day without this song. I have it on my ipod and on a cd in my car and I cannot stop listening to it...that and Jambi
delysid
04-29-2006, 02:17 AM

That part is fucking amazing. The groove is so sweet and the double bass is PERFECT. Like I can't even stress how perfect that shit is. My roommate listened to it and was like "man that sounds like Slayer" but then again he also compared "Jambi" to Disturbed.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:17 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

That part is fucking amazing. The groove is so sweet and the double bass is PERFECT. Like I can't even stress how perfect that shit is. My roommate listened to it and was like "man that sounds like Slayer" but then again he also compared "Jambi" to Disturbed.
04-29-2006, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a788
Addicting is the correct choice of words - this song is great.

I hope it doesn't wear out, but then again, I don't think it really will.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:30 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by a788
Addicting is the correct choice of words - this song is great.

I hope it doesn't wear out, but then again, I don't think it really will.
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM

yeah that's most certainly a china cymbal...
Old 04-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah that's most certainly a china cymbal...
placidium's Avatar placidium
04-29-2006, 10:10 AM

its not incredible... it just rocks your ass off...
Old 04-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #20
Banned.

Bincount™: 1805

its not incredible... it just rocks your ass off...
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
04-29-2006, 11:03 AM

ze parteh track, or so they say. I like it, a lot.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:03 AM   #21
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

ze parteh track, or so they say. I like it, a lot.
04-29-2006, 11:54 AM

I'd say it's one of the weaker songs on the album...

Just my opinion of course...
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

04-29-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy

Cool, always can respect a person who concludes with "just my opinion of course"... I do however think it's one of the strongest songs on the album (there are alot of strong songs on it). There is very much meaning in this song, and it's a really great way to get it across. I'm pretty sure they intended it that way too - this will be a huge hit in my opinion, and will probably bring Tool to a wider audience, which is a very good thing. Also love Adam's solo on this song, it's one of the better moments on the record, for me at least. Reminds me of Purple Haze a little bit - very "trippy". It is a little too reminiscent of 46&2 at points, but that's also them at their heaviest which alot of people will like. As you can tell I'm not a person who wants to keep Tool to themselves, does that matter anymore anyway lol? Society can use this, believe me it can...
Old 04-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy

Cool, always can respect a person who concludes with "just my opinion of course"... I do however think it's one of the strongest songs on the album (there are alot of strong songs on it). There is very much meaning in this song, and it's a really great way to get it across. I'm pretty sure they intended it that way too - this will be a huge hit in my opinion, and will probably bring Tool to a wider audience, which is a very good thing. Also love Adam's solo on this song, it's one of the better moments on the record, for me at least. Reminds me of Purple Haze a little bit - very "trippy". It is a little too reminiscent of 46&2 at points, but that's also them at their heaviest which alot of people will like. As you can tell I'm not a person who wants to keep Tool to themselves, does that matter anymore anyway lol? Society can use this, believe me it can...
05-15-2006, 06:25 AM

First I skipped the song because of the "slow" intro, searching for another vicarious like song... but after listening with headphones and reaching the 4.30 timemark, the need for MORE volume, MORE bass, MORE... FUCKING M O R E OF THIS SONG grew exponential ... this is what I love while listening to Tool songs, you'll find diamonds everywhere if you take time to search/look for them.
So glad that there are bands like Tool on this planet, can't wait to see them live
Old 05-15-2006, 06:25 AM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

First I skipped the song because of the "slow" intro, searching for another vicarious like song... but after listening with headphones and reaching the 4.30 timemark, the need for MORE volume, MORE bass, MORE... FUCKING M O R E OF THIS SONG grew exponential ... this is what I love while listening to Tool songs, you'll find diamonds everywhere if you take time to search/look for them.
So glad that there are bands like Tool on this planet, can't wait to see them live

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply