Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-16-2018, 08:31 AM

I will say, I think there is room to improve on this concept if they decide to do it again. It might be neat to see if they can survey ticket holders prior to the show and essentially have them vote on 5-8 song setlist. Then spend a little more time breaking down key sections of each song for that audience. I would have liked to hear them run through Reflection, Triad, or all of D/R/T, Flood, Rosetta Stoned... the latter was actually something I heard a fair amount of interest in from people sitting near me.

I did lean more towards the side wanting to hear them play another couple songs and enjoyed the portions where they were actually detailing their technique with their instrument, rather than "Hey, have you seen Annihilation?!".

Adam did, btw. Four times. He didn't like it. He had to see it four times to be sure about it.

But I mean, to avoid sounding cynical about it... I think any of that was possible within the current format to some degree. I mean, Danny did essentially take the request of someone in the audience to demonstrate the 5 on 7 polyrhythm portion of Rosetta Stoned. He had to load in some presets to his drum brains (I think) prior to doing so. I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything and were maybe making choices about what to play based on the vibe of the room. So ultimately I feel like the audience has a lot more control at these things than they think.

However, It still may be a good idea to give the whole experience a little more structure.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #5881
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: General Tool Discussion

I will say, I think there is room to improve on this concept if they decide to do it again. It might be neat to see if they can survey ticket holders prior to the show and essentially have them vote on 5-8 song setlist. Then spend a little more time breaking down key sections of each song for that audience. I would have liked to hear them run through Reflection, Triad, or all of D/R/T, Flood, Rosetta Stoned... the latter was actually something I heard a fair amount of interest in from people sitting near me.

I did lean more towards the side wanting to hear them play another couple songs and enjoyed the portions where they were actually detailing their technique with their instrument, rather than "Hey, have you seen Annihilation?!".

Adam did, btw. Four times. He didn't like it. He had to see it four times to be sure about it.

But I mean, to avoid sounding cynical about it... I think any of that was possible within the current format to some degree. I mean, Danny did essentially take the request of someone in the audience to demonstrate the 5 on 7 polyrhythm portion of Rosetta Stoned. He had to load in some presets to his drum brains (I think) prior to doing so. I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything and were maybe making choices about what to play based on the vibe of the room. So ultimately I feel like the audience has a lot more control at these things than they think.

However, It still may be a good idea to give the whole experience a little more structure.
05-16-2018, 08:43 AM

Writing that jarred another detail from the night out of my head. There was a point when Adam was talking about polyrhythms and what he thinks of as "counter-rhythms" (which I supposed could also be counterpoint or cross-rhythms), the latter he said would be occurring when he and Justin are playing a the same or similar riff one measure, then the next measure Adam takes a note out of the riff and it creates this "counter rhythm", then the following measure Justin adds a new note for one measure and the whole thing changes again. I feel like I should have asked, but I felt like he was alluding to the opening of Vicarious. He said that stuff like that is heavily influenced by King Crimson's THRAK album (iirc). Which is funny because there's actually more examples of stuff like that on Discipline.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #5882
Level 10 - Vehement

Writing that jarred another detail from the night out of my head. There was a point when Adam was talking about polyrhythms and what he thinks of as "counter-rhythms" (which I supposed could also be counterpoint or cross-rhythms), the latter he said would be occurring when he and Justin are playing a the same or similar riff one measure, then the next measure Adam takes a note out of the riff and it creates this "counter rhythm", then the following measure Justin adds a new note for one measure and the whole thing changes again. I feel like I should have asked, but I felt like he was alluding to the opening of Vicarious. He said that stuff like that is heavily influenced by King Crimson's THRAK album (iirc). Which is funny because there's actually more examples of stuff like that on Discipline.
Malaclypse
05-16-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
I think even Justin knew that. He was certainly doing his best to humor him without making it too obvious.

btw, just had a chance to re-read my post and I apologize for all of the typo's. I did a quick skim while proofreading this morning; but clearly my fingers have a mind of their own whenever I type out big posts and I missed a bunch I should have corrected. Hopefully it's still understandale.
Easily understandale
Old 05-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #5883
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
I think even Justin knew that. He was certainly doing his best to humor him without making it too obvious.

btw, just had a chance to re-read my post and I apologize for all of the typo's. I did a quick skim while proofreading this morning; but clearly my fingers have a mind of their own whenever I type out big posts and I missed a bunch I should have corrected. Hopefully it's still understandale.
Easily understandale
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
05-16-2018, 01:05 PM

lol unbelievable
Old 05-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #5884
Level 10 - Vehement

lol unbelievable
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-16-2018, 01:58 PM

Are standale
Old 05-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #5885
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Are standale
05-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Phew!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #5886
Level 10 - Vehement

Phew!
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
05-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything. .
There was a set list on the ground in Adam’s area, but after they played the grudge, the scientists came and picked it up. Parabol / Parabola was #2 on the list. It was also a full 90 min set list...
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 05-16-2018, 04:08 PM   #5887
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I saw that Adam's guitar tech did have his gold top Les Paul ready to go, assuming that was tuned up for Parabol/a. I think they were mostly prepared to play just about anything. .
There was a set list on the ground in Adam’s area, but after they played the grudge, the scientists came and picked it up. Parabol / Parabola was #2 on the list. It was also a full 90 min set list...
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-16-2018, 04:40 PM

@Chicago Showe

Did they make time stand still, then go back to the future without anyone noticing? Was there moments of pure space traveling astral projection? That magick in the air?!!!
Old 05-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #5888
Up From The Skies

@Chicago Showe

Did they make time stand still, then go back to the future without anyone noticing? Was there moments of pure space traveling astral projection? That magick in the air?!!!
05-16-2018, 05:14 PM

They need lasers to do that.

There were no lasers.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #5889
Level 10 - Vehement

They need lasers to do that.

There were no lasers.
junior
05-16-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Hey, Junior... will you be a part of the music clinics?
No. They are utilizing just the necessary crew to do their instruments, sound, and basic production.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #5890
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Hey, Junior... will you be a part of the music clinics?
No. They are utilizing just the necessary crew to do their instruments, sound, and basic production.
05-16-2018, 06:07 PM

You could have subbed in for Adam at the meet n greet.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #5891
Level 10 - Vehement

junior
05-17-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Was he sick or something?
I’m at home, so not up on what’s going on.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #5892
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
05-17-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Adam did mention he was under the weather at the Chicago Clinic and the meet&greet/photo op was just with Danny and Justin.

Last edited by swimminginmusic; 05-17-2018 at 02:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #5893
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Adam did mention he was under the weather at the Chicago Clinic and the meet&greet/photo op was just with Danny and Justin.

Last edited by swimminginmusic; 05-17-2018 at 02:45 PM..
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-17-2018, 03:44 PM

Maynard has mentioned that every time he is in Chicago, that he gets sick.

Tool has low immunity to sickness in Chicago.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:44 PM   #5894
Up From The Skies

Maynard has mentioned that every time he is in Chicago, that he gets sick.

Tool has low immunity to sickness in Chicago.
again's Avatar again
05-18-2018, 04:18 PM

eE, nice review :)
Old 05-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #5895
Level 7 - Loquacious

eE, nice review :)
05-18-2018, 07:18 PM

thx
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #5896
Level 10 - Vehement

thx
thepot06's Avatar thepot06
05-23-2018, 07:03 AM

Bout to head to Philly clinic with brother in law!!so excited for this experience!!!!
Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #5897
Level 4 - Thinker

Bout to head to Philly clinic with brother in law!!so excited for this experience!!!!
jungol
05-23-2018, 04:33 PM

lucky bastards
Old 05-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #5898
On Probation

lucky bastards
05-27-2018, 05:56 PM

Almost a week out and I want to see this again..had an incredible time..well worth the money...these fellas were straight up humble and very charismatic..the fact that we were sitting directly in front made it such a surreal experience..seeing and hearing this music that has inspired me immensely was such a treat..
Old 05-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #5899
Level 4 - Thinker

Almost a week out and I want to see this again..had an incredible time..well worth the money...these fellas were straight up humble and very charismatic..the fact that we were sitting directly in front made it such a surreal experience..seeing and hearing this music that has inspired me immensely was such a treat..
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-30-2018, 05:08 PM

TOOL NEWSLETTER

MAY 2018 E.V.

With a few pages left in my Dollar Store legal pad and a heavy dose of blood pressure meds running through my veins, I offer this 18th-anniversay Tool snoozeletter to anyone that might care to read it (perhaps my mother?).

Now that the rare immersive dissections and performances (damn near in your living room!) are a thing of the past (unless everything occurs simultaneously?), I can disclose to the billowing masses (including the band members themselves) that I was among those in attendance at one the clinics where I was cleverly disguised as Tipper Gore so as not to be conspicuous. Knowing that the band members would have spared any expense in getting me to the experience – such as a first class airline ticket, five star hotel accommodations, Michelin gourmet “farm to table” greens and late night entertainment where the bowl of assorted nuts at the bar is changed after any one nut is touched, I instead chose to travel on a bumpy Greyhound with a sack that contained the wrong (but right!) Arby’s order and stay at a hostel with a mirror that didn’t quite do me justice just so I could be there without anyone knowing.

What I wanted to hear was how the guys answered certain questions – such as: How hard is it to tune a nano Silverburst guitar? How many salmon on average does Justin catch while fishing in Alaska from his Boxing Day gift Sikorsky S-76C helicopter? What’s the number of stops on the pipe organ inside the replica Nautilus submarime anchored in Maynard’s swimming pool, and does Danny still feel the mystical vibes from the Knights Templar artifact that was melted down to be included in his Jeff Ocheltree Custom Craft set? Incredibly, no one asked about these things. I would have thought for sure that there would be questions about the advantages of parking bollards at the new loft, or if there were any updates on the new refrigeration system for the vintage Pepsi machine. But, no, instead, fans were asking really odd things like “How’s it going with the recording process?” Is it me – or does that seems kind of silly? Oh, well, you had your chance…

The iced Plobium drinks and endangered animal crackers were a nice touch, and I thought it was prudent of the guys not to hand out gift cans of pumpkin-spiced ravioli until we find out whether or not Chef Boyardee gets accused of sexual harassment with Sarah Lee, Dolly Madison and others?

As for the video props and other items of interest, I wondered if “Problem 8” might be somehow displayed without anyone being aware of it? It was a bit disappointing not to see those crazy ants from planet Serpio that Rance Q. Spartley was involved with, but I can certainly understand the dangers involved with a display like that. Giant Walking Sticks from Indonesia should have been okay, other than the constant watch required by security to keep the f**kers from jaywalking at all hours.

All in all, though, it was great to hear the life changing stories shared by so many Tool enthusiasts to host Justin Roberts (@justinroberts - Facebook.com/TheJustinRoberts) prior to the guys taking the stage (I mean, walking into your living room).

The Tool network on our aqueous blue gem in the cosmos is vast and wide, including fans from India, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and even a Six-Dimensional Non-Newtonian Continuum where Danny signs his name using only a green marker and ideas about pantheistic multiple-ego solipsism are freely discussed.

Thanks again to everyone who seized the moment and made the intimate forums such an unforgettable experience. With all the technical knowledge and philosophical concepts that were shared among the Tool community, I’m looking forward to some great prog-metal in the years to come. Only, watch out for recording studio fires, okay…

Artwork by JOHN DOWNIE,

a fan who attended the clinic in Pittsburgh

without having to make the translation in a continua buggy.

BMB

(But, how do we know for sure?)
Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #5900
Up From The Skies

TOOL NEWSLETTER

MAY 2018 E.V.

With a few pages left in my Dollar Store legal pad and a heavy dose of blood pressure meds running through my veins, I offer this 18th-anniversay Tool snoozeletter to anyone that might care to read it (perhaps my mother?).

Now that the rare immersive dissections and performances (damn near in your living room!) are a thing of the past (unless everything occurs simultaneously?), I can disclose to the billowing masses (including the band members themselves) that I was among those in attendance at one the clinics where I was cleverly disguised as Tipper Gore so as not to be conspicuous. Knowing that the band members would have spared any expense in getting me to the experience – such as a first class airline ticket, five star hotel accommodations, Michelin gourmet “farm to table” greens and late night entertainment where the bowl of assorted nuts at the bar is changed after any one nut is touched, I instead chose to travel on a bumpy Greyhound with a sack that contained the wrong (but right!) Arby’s order and stay at a hostel with a mirror that didn’t quite do me justice just so I could be there without anyone knowing.

What I wanted to hear was how the guys answered certain questions – such as: How hard is it to tune a nano Silverburst guitar? How many salmon on average does Justin catch while fishing in Alaska from his Boxing Day gift Sikorsky S-76C helicopter? What’s the number of stops on the pipe organ inside the replica Nautilus submarime anchored in Maynard’s swimming pool, and does Danny still feel the mystical vibes from the Knights Templar artifact that was melted down to be included in his Jeff Ocheltree Custom Craft set? Incredibly, no one asked about these things. I would have thought for sure that there would be questions about the advantages of parking bollards at the new loft, or if there were any updates on the new refrigeration system for the vintage Pepsi machine. But, no, instead, fans were asking really odd things like “How’s it going with the recording process?” Is it me – or does that seems kind of silly? Oh, well, you had your chance…

The iced Plobium drinks and endangered animal crackers were a nice touch, and I thought it was prudent of the guys not to hand out gift cans of pumpkin-spiced ravioli until we find out whether or not Chef Boyardee gets accused of sexual harassment with Sarah Lee, Dolly Madison and others?

As for the video props and other items of interest, I wondered if “Problem 8” might be somehow displayed without anyone being aware of it? It was a bit disappointing not to see those crazy ants from planet Serpio that Rance Q. Spartley was involved with, but I can certainly understand the dangers involved with a display like that. Giant Walking Sticks from Indonesia should have been okay, other than the constant watch required by security to keep the f**kers from jaywalking at all hours.

All in all, though, it was great to hear the life changing stories shared by so many Tool enthusiasts to host Justin Roberts (@justinroberts - Facebook.com/TheJustinRoberts) prior to the guys taking the stage (I mean, walking into your living room).

The Tool network on our aqueous blue gem in the cosmos is vast and wide, including fans from India, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and even a Six-Dimensional Non-Newtonian Continuum where Danny signs his name using only a green marker and ideas about pantheistic multiple-ego solipsism are freely discussed.

Thanks again to everyone who seized the moment and made the intimate forums such an unforgettable experience. With all the technical knowledge and philosophical concepts that were shared among the Tool community, I’m looking forward to some great prog-metal in the years to come. Only, watch out for recording studio fires, okay…

Artwork by JOHN DOWNIE,

a fan who attended the clinic in Pittsburgh

without having to make the translation in a continua buggy.

BMB

(But, how do we know for sure?)
Rexum420
06-01-2018, 05:55 AM

I was honestly pretty underwhelmed and disappointed at the clinic. It was way too similar to the VIPS. I feel like it would work better if it was structured, with less fan questions. So many of them become selfish cringe worthy personal stories, rather than actual questions about the music.

This was advertised as a vastly different experience than the VIP's before hand, and it was almost identical aside from having Danny and Justin.

Dont get me wrong, seeing the guys jam was amazing, but having nothing prepared, and having the fans leading the discussion was a pretty big disappointment. I had fun, but it was not worth the money spent.
07/05/2007 - Grand Rapids MI | 01/24/2012 - Toledo, OH | 01/22/2016 St. Louis | 10/26/2016 - Denver | 06/08/2017 - Rosemont, IL | 06/09/2017 - St Paul, MN | 05/13/2018 Norther Invasion | 05/20/2018 Rock on the Range | 05/16/2019 Lincoln NE | 05/17/2019 Des Moines IA | 10/31/2019 Milwaukee | 11/02/2019 Indianapolis | 11/09/2019 Detroit |
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 AM   #5901
Level 7 - Loquacious

I was honestly pretty underwhelmed and disappointed at the clinic. It was way too similar to the VIPS. I feel like it would work better if it was structured, with less fan questions. So many of them become selfish cringe worthy personal stories, rather than actual questions about the music.

This was advertised as a vastly different experience than the VIP's before hand, and it was almost identical aside from having Danny and Justin.

Dont get me wrong, seeing the guys jam was amazing, but having nothing prepared, and having the fans leading the discussion was a pretty big disappointment. I had fun, but it was not worth the money spent.
07/05/2007 - Grand Rapids MI | 01/24/2012 - Toledo, OH | 01/22/2016 St. Louis | 10/26/2016 - Denver | 06/08/2017 - Rosemont, IL | 06/09/2017 - St Paul, MN | 05/13/2018 Norther Invasion | 05/20/2018 Rock on the Range | 05/16/2019 Lincoln NE | 05/17/2019 Des Moines IA | 10/31/2019 Milwaukee | 11/02/2019 Indianapolis | 11/09/2019 Detroit |
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
06-01-2018, 06:14 AM

I can imagine that if you'd done the VIP session previously, you'd have been a little disappointed there wasn't more to it. Having not been to one personally though, I expect I would have enjoyed it a great deal.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #5902
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I can imagine that if you'd done the VIP session previously, you'd have been a little disappointed there wasn't more to it. Having not been to one personally though, I expect I would have enjoyed it a great deal.
06-01-2018, 11:40 AM

There's definitely truth to both of your comments.

Perhaps if proper time could be allotted so that it could be made clear, "Save your stories for the Meet and Mingle, and even then try to keep them brief" - That way they could have had good reason to keep fans focused when asking a question.

I think any complaints could have easily been muted with one action; given that everyone's phones were sufficiently locked up, they could have played the entirety of Descending and used that as a way of generating some serious hype for the new album. Given the demographic of attendees, they surely would have raved about it across multiple social media outlets and generated a good amount of free press from established metal/rock media outlets.

But I get it. They're extremely cautious about leaks and want to control presentation.

It really was great to hear/see them play in such a personal setting with no flashy light show (no offense, Junior). It really let the music stand on it's own. I'm still in awe of how good they are at their craft.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #5903
Level 10 - Vehement

There's definitely truth to both of your comments.

Perhaps if proper time could be allotted so that it could be made clear, "Save your stories for the Meet and Mingle, and even then try to keep them brief" - That way they could have had good reason to keep fans focused when asking a question.

I think any complaints could have easily been muted with one action; given that everyone's phones were sufficiently locked up, they could have played the entirety of Descending and used that as a way of generating some serious hype for the new album. Given the demographic of attendees, they surely would have raved about it across multiple social media outlets and generated a good amount of free press from established metal/rock media outlets.

But I get it. They're extremely cautious about leaks and want to control presentation.

It really was great to hear/see them play in such a personal setting with no flashy light show (no offense, Junior). It really let the music stand on it's own. I'm still in awe of how good they are at their craft.
06-01-2018, 04:52 PM

was worth every bit of the ticket price and travel expenses for me. It was just dumb luck that I was able to afford it so it was a once-in-a-lifetime situation, and I was not disappointed. I also didn’t go in thinking we would hear anything new. I guess if I had been to a VIP sesh and was expecting something vastly different, maybe I would be disappointed- maybe. I read about the each of the pre-show VIPs, and I felt like the clinic was different than what I perceived the VIPs to be. Sure the “meet and mingle” was more of a “line and photo booth”, and the relic museum was tucked off in the corner, but it was still an experience I couldn’t put a price tag on. If I had the resources I would follow them like people did with the Greatful Dead, and probably never get tired of it- but I was able to afford this one, so I enjoyed every second of it. Room for improvement? I think screening the questions is a great idea. Just throw some blank space on the bottom of the permission slip we all had to fill out, pick some that don’t suck, and have Justin ask the questions or something. Even still, 100% worth it to me. Can’t wait to see what the merch package is all about... has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Old 06-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #5904
Level 7 - Loquacious

was worth every bit of the ticket price and travel expenses for me. It was just dumb luck that I was able to afford it so it was a once-in-a-lifetime situation, and I was not disappointed. I also didn’t go in thinking we would hear anything new. I guess if I had been to a VIP sesh and was expecting something vastly different, maybe I would be disappointed- maybe. I read about the each of the pre-show VIPs, and I felt like the clinic was different than what I perceived the VIPs to be. Sure the “meet and mingle” was more of a “line and photo booth”, and the relic museum was tucked off in the corner, but it was still an experience I couldn’t put a price tag on. If I had the resources I would follow them like people did with the Greatful Dead, and probably never get tired of it- but I was able to afford this one, so I enjoyed every second of it. Room for improvement? I think screening the questions is a great idea. Just throw some blank space on the bottom of the permission slip we all had to fill out, pick some that don’t suck, and have Justin ask the questions or something. Even still, 100% worth it to me. Can’t wait to see what the merch package is all about... has anyone gotten theirs yet?
06-01-2018, 05:20 PM

Mine still says it hasn't shipped yet.

I honestly forgot about it. Maybe I'll follow up on it if it hasn't shipped by Monday/Tuesday of next week.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #5905
Level 10 - Vehement

Mine still says it hasn't shipped yet.

I honestly forgot about it. Maybe I'll follow up on it if it hasn't shipped by Monday/Tuesday of next week.
06-04-2018, 06:45 PM

VIP..clinic it doesn’t matter..the guys took time to try this.. Adam even said hated the fact that bands have done these and left fans with a horrible empty and unfulfilling experiences..nothing is ever gonna be perfect..especially not the first couple times it’s attempted..ticket prices I felt were worth the weeding out of some mindless numbskull yelling out stupid shit like “freebird” which would have been extremely disrespectful..furthermore to say ask anything and we will answer is brave for anyone..the opportunity presented itself and it was very much possible to ask whatever ur heart desired..if u didn’t hear ur question and/or answer that’s on you not them..they are and have been doing this for YEARS!!! They kno what they’re comfortable with and not comfortable with.. so much more power to them for such an incredible attempt and SUCCESSFUL endeavor..I couldn’t be anymore grateful for it
Old 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #5906
Level 4 - Thinker

VIP..clinic it doesn’t matter..the guys took time to try this.. Adam even said hated the fact that bands have done these and left fans with a horrible empty and unfulfilling experiences..nothing is ever gonna be perfect..especially not the first couple times it’s attempted..ticket prices I felt were worth the weeding out of some mindless numbskull yelling out stupid shit like “freebird” which would have been extremely disrespectful..furthermore to say ask anything and we will answer is brave for anyone..the opportunity presented itself and it was very much possible to ask whatever ur heart desired..if u didn’t hear ur question and/or answer that’s on you not them..they are and have been doing this for YEARS!!! They kno what they’re comfortable with and not comfortable with.. so much more power to them for such an incredible attempt and SUCCESSFUL endeavor..I couldn’t be anymore grateful for it
tpot's Avatar tpot
06-05-2018, 09:29 AM

We had a freebird idiot at the Minny clinic. Hope he got his money's worth.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #5907
Level 3 - Talker

We had a freebird idiot at the Minny clinic. Hope he got his money's worth.
06-06-2018, 10:20 AM

Just checked on the receipt link. Still says merch hasn’t shipped. To be fair, Adam said it would shop at the end of the month, but he didn’t say WHICH month...
Old 06-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #5908
Level 7 - Loquacious

Just checked on the receipt link. Still says merch hasn’t shipped. To be fair, Adam said it would shop at the end of the month, but he didn’t say WHICH month...
tpot's Avatar tpot
06-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Quick update via reddit regarding clinic merch packs, due to be mailed middle to end of next week apparently.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #5909
Level 3 - Talker

Quick update via reddit regarding clinic merch packs, due to be mailed middle to end of next week apparently.
camamprix
06-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpot View Post
On June 5th, I got this reply from [email protected]

Thank you for your patience. Merch packages will start going out by the middle to end of next week. You will receive an email with tracking info as soon as your package(s) go out.

On June 6th, I got this one:
An email with a link to the photo(s) will be sent out by the end of this week.

(Note: as yins know, only the 1st 2 clinics got to take any pics. I attended the Pittsburgh clinic and noticed Justin Roberts taking a bunch of “candid” shots during the Q&A and performances, so I asked if we would only be getting the group photo or if we would also get some of the candid shots. I’m hoping it’s the latter as the response does say “photo(s)” …
Old 06-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #5910
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpot View Post
On June 5th, I got this reply from [email protected]

Thank you for your patience. Merch packages will start going out by the middle to end of next week. You will receive an email with tracking info as soon as your package(s) go out.

(Note: as yins know, only the 1st 2 clinics got to take any pics. I attended the Pittsburgh clinic and noticed Justin Roberts taking a bunch of “candid” shots during the Q&A and performances, so I asked if we would only be getting the group photo or if we would also get some of the candid shots. I’m hoping it’s the latter as the response does say “photo(s)” …
camamprix
06-09-2018, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=camamprix;3197246]On June 5th, I got this reply from [email protected]

SO.. it's officially "the end of the week" and I didn't get an email with a link to the pics! I'm a bit surprised, why give a timeframe of 3-4 days if it wasn't actually in the works? Have to say tho, I'm part pissed and part heartbroken... and I sent them a new email expressing my displeasure. Not that it matters...
Old 06-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #5911
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=camamprix;3197246]On June 5th, I got this reply from [email protected]

SO.. it's officially "the end of the week" and I didn't get an email with a link to the pics! I'm a bit surprised, why give a timeframe of 3-4 days if it wasn't actually in the works? Have to say tho, I'm part pissed and part heartbroken... and I sent them a new email expressing my displeasure. Not that it matters...
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
06-12-2018, 10:12 AM

"New music next year"
-M

https://youtu.be/sqAiTxlz9gU
Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #5912
Up From The Skies

"New music next year"
-M

elcoroner's Avatar elcoroner
06-12-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
"New music next year"
-M

Just created an account in here and few minutes later I'm reading your post that contains some good news :)

I hope that this is finally it...

Last edited by elcoroner; 06-12-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #5913
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
"New music next year"
-M

Just created an account in here and few minutes later I'm reading your post that contains some good news :)

Last edited by elcoroner; 06-12-2018 at 11:58 AM..
jungol
06-12-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcoroner View Post

"Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness."

-The Architect
Old 06-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #5914
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcoroner View Post

"Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness."

-The Architect
06-12-2018, 02:07 PM

crinc over here acting fillosoftical.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #5915
Level 10 - Vehement

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
06-12-2018, 02:15 PM

My architect is George Costanza.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #5916
Up From The Skies

My architect is George Costanza.
jungol
06-13-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
i am philosophical, bitch!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #5917
On Probation

Quote:
i am philosophical, bitch!
06-14-2018, 04:39 AM

I know, that's why I <3 u
Old 06-14-2018, 04:39 AM   #5918
Level 10 - Vehement

I know, that's why I <3 u
jungol
06-15-2018, 07:25 PM

get out of my head and into my pants imo

edit: is gay marriage legal in virginia? i could land there tomorrow
Old 06-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #5919
On Probation

get out of my head and into my pants imo

edit: is gay marriage legal in virginia? i could land there tomorrow
MobiusSpin
06-19-2018, 05:22 AM

No more archives for yous-guys. Dunzo. Basta finito.

Massive list of subs and videos pureed into Bolivian (Tyson-style). Enjoy the thirst.

The time is nigh ...
Old 06-19-2018, 05:22 AM   #5920
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

No more archives for yous-guys. Dunzo. Basta finito.

Massive list of subs and videos pureed into Bolivian (Tyson-style). Enjoy the thirst.

The time is nigh ...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply