opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #761
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSummerSea View Post
wow. harsh first post.
Harsh, but very accurate.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #762
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendroaspis View Post
Seriously guys? Is this how low it's gotten, that we should be happy they played Aenema, even though this setlist is just getting closer and closer to being the exact same fucking thing as it was in '07? Sure...they played one more song...but are we so desperate for something from these guys at this point that playing a predictable song like Aenema on a carbon copy setlist is satisfying to us? Fuck, it's not even carbon-copy...they're missing 2 or 3 songs (Wings/10K, and Right Where it Belongs) Bottom line is they are still half-assing it. Even the guys in white lab coats are recycled from 2 years ago. Jesus Christ...I'm seeing them tomorrow, and am going to do my best to have a good time, but this fucking sucks.
Lol, why is NIN always brought up in this place?
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #763
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Almost seems like he would be better off selling his ticket to someone who might actually enjoy the fucking show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #764
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys View Post
Almost seems like he would be better off selling his ticket to someone who might actually enjoy the fucking show.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #765
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

lol all around
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #766
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

There was a seriously long chat between Maynard and Adam before Aenema. They're gonna do Vicarious to finish.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #767
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
No no no, they LIKE attending and then bitching about how shitty the show was, how horrible the band has gotten, etc. etc.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #768
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkuout View Post
Lol, why is NIN always brought up in this place?
LOL...good catch :D

"Right In Two", is of course, what I meant. My point is the same though...this setlist is exactly the same as 2 years ago, MINUS 2 or 3 songs. How the fuck is anyone supposed to be happy about that?

I'm glad I caught them a few times on Lateralus...when shows, and setlists, were longer, more diverse, and fucking AWE-INSPIRING. Seeing Third Eye live was a treat for sure...not one I think I'll ever experience again, but awesome non-the-less.

Last edited by dendroaspis; 07-21-2009 at 09:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #769
Level 10 - Vehement

Maybe those that might not have seen the tour two years ago.

or whos favorite songs are Jambi, stinkfist, 46&2, schism, Rosetta stone, flood, lateralus, and vicarious.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #770
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey guys, I have a general question, perhaps someone could lend me some advice.

I have never had a ticket for "general admission floor", and have one for the upcoming Duluth show. The show starts at 7:30 - what time would you guys suggest I get there so as not to be all the way in the back of the floor area? Or, does anyone know exactly how the admission process works? Is there a line, and people basically push their way up to the front once they're in? I really have no idea.

Thanks for the advice,
John
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #771
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAkweNtcY View Post

I have never had a ticket for "general admission floor", and have one for the upcoming Duluth show. The show starts at 7:30 - what time would you guys suggest I get there so as not to be all the way in the back of the floor area? Or, does anyone know exactly how the admission process works? Is there a line, and people basically push their way up to the front once they're in? I really have no idea.

Thanks for the advice,
John
In my experience, having been to many, many shows...I never show up that early anymore (i.e. more than an hour). It's never much trouble getting a good spot (WITHOUT being a rude jackass, shoving people around, etc.), though you probably won't get rail if you don't show up fairly early. 2nd, 3rd, 4th "row" from the stage though? Easy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #772
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Maybe those that might not have seen the tour two years ago.

or whos favorite songs are Jambi, stinkfist, 46&2, schism, Rosetta stone, flood, lateralus, and vicarious.
I hope you're being sarcastic, because otherwise you've reached that point of fandom that allows for a band to shit all over you while you gladly take it.

If they are so concerned about the fans that missed it 2 years ago, they could, at the very least, play the same setlist, meaning add back Wings/10K and "Right In Two". I don't see how they can be reasonably defended at this point.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #773
Level 10 - Vehement

3rd post was much better then 1st. Basically hit the nail on the head dendroaspis.

4th post was much worse then 1st post.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #774
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I hope you're being sarcastic, because otherwise you've reached that point of fandom that allows for a band to shit all over you while you gladly take it.
You just stated that you're going to see them this tour, therefore, by your logic you'll be getting shit on as well.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #775

Bincount™: 31

Quote:

Thanks for the advice,
John
My kid and I got to Slipknot and Metallica shows at the local shed about 60-90 mins before showtime with GA Floor tickets and we were way up front (4-8 rows, respectively). GF of a friend's son was smashed up against the rail in front for the 10K tour, got all black and blue she said. Don't know how early they got there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #776
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I've honestly been thinking about finding a tool fan that's never been to a show and giving them(selling them) my ticket. This setlist is great if you've never seen them before.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #777
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Originally Posted by begmetostay View Post
I've honestly been thinking about finding a tool fan that's never been to a show and giving them(selling them) my ticket. This setlist is great if you've never seen them before.
Which one you going to man?
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by begmetostay View Post
Donate them to a school or non-profit youth program, get a receipt and claim it as a charitable deduction for the end of the year.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #779
Formerly Tool Aenema11

no update yet...
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #780
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz46&2 View Post
You just stated that you're going to see them this tour, therefore, by your logic you'll be getting shit on as well.
Yeah, I am essentially getting shit on, but I'm certainly not happy about it. I purchased my tickets over a month ago when they went onsale...if I'd had psychic powers and could see that we'd basically be getting the same shit as last time (minus a few songs), I would have slept in.

Look...I hate bitchy fans as much as the next...but I don't think anyone can honestly give a GOOD reason for why they would simply parrot a tour from 2 years ago.

Maynard has been half-assing it/distant since the beginning of the 10K touring cycle. At this point, I honestly don't think he cares very much...if he does, he has a strange, and completely disrespectful way of showing it. Leaving the stage, skipping entire sections of songs (thankfully he hasn't been doing much of that this tour, from what we've seen)...the man's JOB is to go out and entertain people for 2 hours a night, and he gets paid damn well for it. Had a shitty day? Guess what Maynard? I don't give a flying fuck. I paid 60+ bucks to see you and Tool perform, and it's your fucking job to do it. Go dwell on your personal problems or bad attitude later after the show while sucking down a bottle of your wine...or better yet, if you're gonna continue to deliver predictable, boring, distant performances, leave the band and focus on something you do enjoy, because it's becoming more and more obvious this is not it.

/end rant
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #781
Banned.

Quote:

Thanks for the advice,
John
LOL, all you have to do is wait until 10 minutes before Tool goes on stage, start your way from the back, and say "excuse me" and "sorry" past everyone all the way up to the front, AND NO ONE WILL CARE!!! If you can tell, I'm being sarcastic. This happened at MHMF, and it made me sick. So as someone who had this happen to me, my two choices as the what to do were this: 1) Get in their face and tell them to get to the back of the crowd, probably get in a fight, and probably get 86'd because of this, or 2) Sit there and take it like a bitch, because doing something about it is not going to help the situation either. Here's my advice: don't be a douche. Get there early, and don't be an arrogant asshole and help your way to the front like if you aren't early enough like these fucking morons who just think this shit is ok. MMMMKKAAAAYYY?????

Last edited by 3eyeswide; 07-21-2009 at 09:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #782
Level 8 - Vociferous

Guess the show's over.

Well, Dendroaspis, I certainly hope you can find some enjoyment at your show tomorrow...though I doubt it. Just remember you paid for that ticket so make the most out of it...Maynard doesn't give a shit what you or I think because he got our money.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #783
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:

Thanks for the advice,
John
If you want to be on the rail get to the show about 3-4 hours before the doors open so about 4-5 hours before the time listed on your ticket.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #784
Level 10 - Vehement

Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a shit about maynard and/or what he's doing. I spend about 90% of the show watching Danny. That might be why I don't feel "shit on".
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #785
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Guess the show's over.

Well, Dendroaspis, I certainly hope you can find some enjoyment at your show tomorrow...though I doubt it. Just remember you paid for that ticket so make the most out of it...Maynard doesn't give a shit what you or I think because he got our money.
I'm gonna try, believe me. I'm going with a friend of mine who's never seen them, and besides being his ride, I know, that as a person who hasn't attended many concerts, he will not enjoy himself very much if I don't go. He'll enjoy it for sure, since it's his first time, but then again, he has nothing to compare it against, no standard in place. I, somewhat unfortunately it seems, do have a standard and reference, and can see that even if they play a stellar performance, it still will be lacking. Call it setting myself up for disappointment, but I dont see any way around that, save for the band coming up with something good, which is extremely doubtful at the 11th hour.

I have to wonder, if they even realize what a shitty move it was to basically sell the same tired, uninspired setlist (please remember, LOADS of fans were disappointed with the setlist the first time around) a second time. Are they oblivious to it, or do they just not care? I'd seriously like an answer to that, though I guess the only way to find out would be to ask them myself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #786
The Lube

Cmon tool add 1-2 more songs and everyone here will be happy as fuck
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #787
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
No they won't.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #788

Quote:
Guess the show's over.

I'm taking my kid. We'll have a blast Wednesday night, then go fishing on Saturday. We worked on his bike tonight for a long ride tomorrow, so hopefully he won't be tired and fall asleep like at U2 in Vegas in 05 or want to leave early like when we saw tool in Phoenix in 2006 (the water bottle incident show). Missed Wings for Marie and 10KD then but I'm not crazy about those songs anyway. He'll get a kick out of hearing Vicarious etc because Tool almost always plays on the radio when we're in my truck together.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #789
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Not likely. I predict this quote to be in the bin shortly
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #790
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a shit about maynard and/or what he's doing. I spend about 90% of the show watching Danny. That might be why I don't feel "shit on".
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those wacko Maynard worshipping TOOLS who would stand right under him if they could just to get some of his ball sweat on their face.

He is the frontman of the band. When he half-asses it, the whole band and resulting sound suffers for it. His performance isn't in a vacuum, and his sometimes erratic behavior kills performances. If I wanted to see instrumental Tool performances (like when he skips major portions of songs), I'd...well, I'd go see an instrumental Tool cover band, lol. It'd be cheaper for sure.

I can't think of too many other bands where the fans would tolerate this kind of bullshit from a frontman., or any member. Maybe it's part of the brainwashed sheeple attitude many Tool fans have (not talking about anyone in particular here, just generally)...Maynard could basically take a hot shit on stage, throw it in the crowd, fart into the mic and storm off stage, and some of those retards would still eat it up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #791
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriter View Post
No they won't.
Actually, if Tool added one or two more songs (besides something from 2 years ago), I'D BE HAPPY AS FUCK. Play Third Eye...it's 15 minutes or so live, and wouldn't even eat up the gap caused by the lack of Wings/10K/Right in Two, but I would be one happy camper. Fuck...play "Hush" for all I care...just play something that makes me think you aren't simply going through the motions.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #792

Quote:
..Maynard could basically take a hot shit on stage, throw it in the crowd, fart into the mic and storm off stage, and some of those retards would still eat it up.
GG Allin did that and they called him a genius. Maybe Maynard's working toward that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #793
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 488

Quote:
Third Eye... "Hush"
That's an awful lot to ask. Anyone who's seen either of these songs live is very lucky.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #794
The Lube

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Good post by Yastr.

On Maynard's singing:
he's nearly 50 (I believe only Justin is still in his 30's), he can't rock out like 16 years ago during Undertow.
In a recent interview he also said that he was informed very late on the recent tour. Som from that I take he had no decision in doing a tour at all. I don't know if the rest of the band had a say in such a thing.
Maynard is 45 years old that's no excuse to give a set of half assed performances. Ronnie James Dio is almost 70 , SEVENTY, years old and he still sings to the fullest extent that his body allows him to. The only thing to describe Maynard is bored. However, if he's going to agree to tour he should show up 100% otherwise he should not show up at all.

Also to future responses about his voice not being able to sing certain songs. I don't want/expect him to sound like he did in the 90's I just want him to show up and sing with his heart and not his wallet.

Last edited by Ganjalf; 07-21-2009 at 09:56 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #795
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriter View Post
That's an awful lot to ask. Anyone who's seen either of these songs live is very lucky.
I've seen Third Eye, on the Lateralus tour. It killed...they rotated between that and Opiate on that particular leg, and fortunately for me (considering 3rd Eye is one of my fav. songs), they played it on my date. I guess those were the glory days when they actually switched up setlists between legs (there were at least 3 or 4 different songs from when I'd seen them 3 months prior), much less entire fucking tours years apart.

Why should we be lucky to see "Hush"? It's 3 minutes long and a parapalegic could play it blindfolded. Maybe I should have said "Play ___________ (insert random song that isn't off 10K days, and not from a 2 year old setlist that was played to death anyway). They played Pushit a few times last time around, then dropped it and stuck with Right in Two, and that's where the setlist stagnated for the rest of the tour. Fuck it, play "Pushit" again. Is that too much to ask? At this point, I guess we're just lucky if we see something even approaching inspired.

Last edited by dendroaspis; 07-21-2009 at 09:59 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #796
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Aenema11 View Post
Which one you going to man?
I'm going to the Manchester show which is nearly 3 hours from where I am. It seems like a lot of effort for what i'd be getting.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #797
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Maynard is 45 years old that's no excuse to give a set of half assed performances. Ronnie James Dio is almost 70 , SEVENTY, years old and he still sings to the fullest extent that his body allows him to. The only thing to describe Maynard is bored. However, if he's going to agree to tour he should show up 100% otherwise he should not show up at all.
Agreed! If Maynard can't/won't give 100% to a performance, it's time to hang it up and just focus on making wine. I won't fault him for it...at this point, I'd almost welcome it. Why tarnish a fucking AMAZING band's legacy by shitting it up for the last few years you're around?

Last edited by dendroaspis; 07-21-2009 at 10:01 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #798
Level 7 - Loquacious

i hope im wrong for Dallas saturday but i think the extra song tonight was to make arizona happy,his wine does come from there. Then again they played Aenema in Wichita on the 10k days tour (i was there)
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #799
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOLwrench View Post
i hope im wrong for Dallas saturday but i think the extra song tonight was to make arizona happy,his wine does come from there. Then again they played Aenema in Wichita on the 10k days tour (i was there)
They played Aenema in Las Cruces, NM on that tour also...I'm fairly sure it was part of the standard setlist then. The only "wild cards" were "The Pot" and "Pushit" (substituted for Right In Two), which they only played maybe 3 times anyway. After that, "Right in Two" stuck for the rest of the tour.

At this point, the only possible saving grace for this band, in my eyes, is a stellar fucking new album. I hate to bitch even more, but 10K Days wasn't a great album, BY TOOL STANDARDS. Any artist is measured against the quality of their past work, and 10K Days just doesn't meet the mark set by any of their previous efforts...with a few exceptions, it's a much weaker version of Lateralus. Not bad when compared to the majority of bullshit put out by major artists, but nothing to be proud of by their standards.
OFFLINE |  
Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #800
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
On Maynard's performance. Why isn't it 100%? What are his flaws? Just being curious. And I like answers from people who've seen him this current tour.
hey, no complaints from me or anyone around me at all. maynard was great, very animated and extremely entertaining. he moved around, did some great dances and held the mic stand up to his crotch for the end of vicarious. i cant see anyone complaining about anything from this show at all... anything negative is senseless bellyaching.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: