Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
spiral2spiral's Avatar spiral2spiral
02-25-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
anyone going to these shows, please feel free to post a review of your experience
OK. Warning: Here be spoilers for anyone still to see them on the current Aussie tour:

Puscifer Brisbane (headline show) - Fantastic. Band tight as fuck, everyone is good spirits. Setlist was COMP top heavy, as expected, as well as everything from DPTN except Rhapsody (Thank fuck). Some more V would have been nice, but no major complaints. Also, not sure if it's a live set standard or not, but was blown away to hear Potions. Billy and James came out on stage, which got everyone excited, but they just poured themselves some wine and watched 4 songs while sitting next to the drum riser. Cheeky buggers. Crowd was relaxed (if not packed in too tight... Tiny venue!) and the sigtlines aren't brilliant so looking forward to seeing the show again in Sydney at the all seater, larger Enmore Theater.

Puscifer, Sydney (Soundwave festival) - Great fun. Qiuck fire 30 minute set, very stripped back. Only time for 6 songs, and set felt deliberately more relaxed and loose. Small stage suited them.
Of the 13 times I've seen Maynard across his 3 bands, this was by far the most chatty, happy and upbeat he's ever seemed - cracked plenty of jokes, very talkative. . Maynard and Carina spent most of the set throwing bags of peanuts to the crowd, with branded "Vagina Aoirlines" puscifer logos on them. Snagged mine :)

APC, Sydney (Soundwave festival) - Loved it to bits, but was well aware it wasn't what it should have been. Massive open air stage in the blazing 32 degrees Australian afternoon sun is NOT ideal conditions for APC. Still, fantastic. Set seems much as the last US tour and the Vegas warm up show... fuck me dead, Counting Bodies Like sheep is immense live. As is Passive, so glad to finally tick that one off the list. Maynard's voice in great form (all things considered) and he let loose afew times - as good as I've heard it since the 2004 APC tour. Crowd wasn't ideal - good amount of die-hard fans, but sandwiching APC's set between Slayer, and Linkin Park then Metallica meant a lot of differing demographics were around, and many not exactly loving what APC were doing. So that killed the vibe a little. So so so wish they were doing some headline shows while down here, but I'll take what I can get - don't think us Aussies are in ANY position to complain right now.

I'm off to Puscifer's headline show in Sydney tonight - Expecting much the same as the Brisbane show, but will jot my feelings down tomorrow anyway.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #881
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
anyone going to these shows, please feel free to post a review of your experience
OK. Warning: Here be spoilers for anyone still to see them on the current Aussie tour:

Puscifer Brisbane (headline show) - Fantastic. Band tight as fuck, everyone is good spirits. Setlist was COMP top heavy, as expected, as well as everything from DPTN except Rhapsody (Thank fuck). Some more V would have been nice, but no major complaints. Also, not sure if it's a live set standard or not, but was blown away to hear Potions. Billy and James came out on stage, which got everyone excited, but they just poured themselves some wine and watched 4 songs while sitting next to the drum riser. Cheeky buggers. Crowd was relaxed (if not packed in too tight... Tiny venue!) and the sigtlines aren't brilliant so looking forward to seeing the show again in Sydney at the all seater, larger Enmore Theater.

Puscifer, Sydney (Soundwave festival) - Great fun. Qiuck fire 30 minute set, very stripped back. Only time for 6 songs, and set felt deliberately more relaxed and loose. Small stage suited them.
Of the 13 times I've seen Maynard across his 3 bands, this was by far the most chatty, happy and upbeat he's ever seemed - cracked plenty of jokes, very talkative. . Maynard and Carina spent most of the set throwing bags of peanuts to the crowd, with branded "Vagina Aoirlines" puscifer logos on them. Snagged mine :)

APC, Sydney (Soundwave festival) - Loved it to bits, but was well aware it wasn't what it should have been. Massive open air stage in the blazing 32 degrees Australian afternoon sun is NOT ideal conditions for APC. Still, fantastic. Set seems much as the last US tour and the Vegas warm up show... fuck me dead, Counting Bodies Like sheep is immense live. As is Passive, so glad to finally tick that one off the list. Maynard's voice in great form (all things considered) and he let loose afew times - as good as I've heard it since the 2004 APC tour. Crowd wasn't ideal - good amount of die-hard fans, but sandwiching APC's set between Slayer, and Linkin Park then Metallica meant a lot of differing demographics were around, and many not exactly loving what APC were doing. So that killed the vibe a little. So so so wish they were doing some headline shows while down here, but I'll take what I can get - don't think us Aussies are in ANY position to complain right now.

I'm off to Puscifer's headline show in Sydney tonight - Expecting much the same as the Brisbane show, but will jot my feelings down tomorrow anyway.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jwb's Avatar jwb
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM

Just for the hell of it, I checked flights from NC to Sydney, Sydney to Auckland, then Auckland back to NC. So I'd see both Sydney shows and both Auckland shows.
$2,800
Still thinking...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #882
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Just for the hell of it, I checked flights from NC to Sydney, Sydney to Auckland, then Auckland back to NC. So I'd see both Sydney shows and both Auckland shows.
$2,800
Still thinking...
spiral2spiral's Avatar spiral2spiral
02-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Puscifer Sydney (Headline show) - Holy fuck. Went up 3 notches from Brisbane. Everyone is definitely getting better as the tour rolls on. Setlist was mostly much the same as Brissy, except they dropped in Humbling River as a sort of encore. Maynard was in great spirits, but pretty quiet for most of the show - but after Undertaker, he sat everyone down, and spoke for a good 3-4 minutes about what Puscifer meant to him, what he was trying to achieve with it, and what it represented. He then went on to talk about everyone in the band, how these were the first shows outside North American and expressed his gratitude at everyone for coming out and sharing them. It was a great little speech :)
I've already mentioned his voice a few times, but last night it sounded even stronger. I can't remember the last time I felt such optimism about his voice leading towards the next Tool album...

Managed to get my hands on Jeff's setlist too. Great night overall!

And this brings to an end my little jaunt: Melbounre was supposed to be next, but the kibosh has been put on that. Bit of a bummer, but after the 4 shows I've seen in the last 5 days, (And the impending Tool tour in May, with 4 shows on the cards there) I'm not going to complain.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #883

Puscifer Sydney (Headline show) - Holy fuck. Went up 3 notches from Brisbane. Everyone is definitely getting better as the tour rolls on. Setlist was mostly much the same as Brissy, except they dropped in Humbling River as a sort of encore. Maynard was in great spirits, but pretty quiet for most of the show - but after Undertaker, he sat everyone down, and spoke for a good 3-4 minutes about what Puscifer meant to him, what he was trying to achieve with it, and what it represented. He then went on to talk about everyone in the band, how these were the first shows outside North American and expressed his gratitude at everyone for coming out and sharing them. It was a great little speech :)
I've already mentioned his voice a few times, but last night it sounded even stronger. I can't remember the last time I felt such optimism about his voice leading towards the next Tool album...

Managed to get my hands on Jeff's setlist too. Great night overall!

And this brings to an end my little jaunt: Melbounre was supposed to be next, but the kibosh has been put on that. Bit of a bummer, but after the 4 shows I've seen in the last 5 days, (And the impending Tool tour in May, with 4 shows on the cards there) I'm not going to complain.
Sleep
02-26-2013, 06:43 PM

I can't talk for anything other than the show in Sydney last night but they were great. I'm not even that big a fan of the albums but the material works so much better live. The entire band seemed to be in great spirits and the crowd loved it. At one point Maynard encouraged people to stand up rather than sit down.

Great atmosphere and show. I would of loved to have heard Monsoons but was more than happy with what I got. Definitely worth seeing, I loved the sense of humour in the early videos.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #884

Bincount™: 10

I can't talk for anything other than the show in Sydney last night but they were great. I'm not even that big a fan of the albums but the material works so much better live. The entire band seemed to be in great spirits and the crowd loved it. At one point Maynard encouraged people to stand up rather than sit down.

Great atmosphere and show. I would of loved to have heard Monsoons but was more than happy with what I got. Definitely worth seeing, I loved the sense of humour in the early videos.
wes
03-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Hey guys check this out. Tool will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden,limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on March 26,2013. To mark the 21st anniversary of the six song release. The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne. The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which will include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with glasses from their 10,000 days packaging. The packages will only be available via Tool,s website www.toolband.com on March 26, no pre orders.
wow this is cool thanks WES
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #885
wes

Quote:
Hey guys check this out. Tool will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden,limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on March 26,2013. To mark the 21st anniversary of the six song release. The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne. The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which will include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with glasses from their 10,000 days packaging. The packages will only be available via Tool,s website www.toolband.com on March 26, no pre orders.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
03-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Is your ego really so delicate you need people to thank you for news they probably read elsewhere?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #886
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Is your ego really so delicate you need people to thank you for news they probably read elsewhere?
03-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
not on fourtheye though, that site fucking blows
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #887
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
not on fourtheye though, that site fucking blows
03-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Just bought my flight to Tokyo. I wonder if tool will announce any of their own shows. 1182 rt from Chicago- not bad!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #888

Bincount™: 2

Just bought my flight to Tokyo. I wonder if tool will announce any of their own shows. 1182 rt from Chicago- not bad!
03-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by influenced View Post
At this stage I'd say it's pretty unlikely there will be any further shows. Should have come to Australia or NZ instead!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #889
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by influenced View Post
At this stage I'd say it's pretty unlikely there will be any further shows. Should have come to Australia or NZ instead!
03-20-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I considered it, but it was another 4-500$ per ticket, had to buy two, my cheap side won out!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #890

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
I considered it, but it was another 4-500$ per ticket, had to buy two, my cheap side won out!
Muskeg's Avatar Muskeg
03-21-2013, 10:32 PM

Now there's this:

21 March, 2013 (07:19pm)
OPIATE CD PACKAGE PRE-SALES FOR TOOLARMY MEMBERS (FRIDAY, MARCH 22)

Pre-sales for the 21st anniversary release of the OPIATE CD PACKAGE will begin on FRIDAY, MARCH 22 (with general sales on TUESDAY, MARCH 26). There are a LIMITED NUMBER of pre-sale copies, so, for now, let's keep it to a maximum of 3 copies of each of the 5 variations per member. As mentioned previously, there are a total of 5 variations of 1000 , making 5000 copies in all (Again, with a LIMITED number available for the Toolarmy pre-sale). ALL of the packages are SIGNED by all four band members, and come with a number of extra items pertaining to the new art design (see the on-line store description for more about this), including a certificate of authenticity.

Now, at this point I don't know the exact time the packages will go on sale, so Toolarmy members will have to check with the on-line STORE on FRIDAY (unless I get this info, and have a chance to post). That should about cover it, except to mention again that EACH variation of 1000 contains a special (randomly chosen) "SEAL OF XATANITOS" which entitles the bearer of to a certain prize. This "seal" will be included on the 5 UNIQUE certificates of authenticity contained in the prize winning package.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #891
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Now there's this:

21 March, 2013 (07:19pm)
OPIATE CD PACKAGE PRE-SALES FOR TOOLARMY MEMBERS (FRIDAY, MARCH 22)

Pre-sales for the 21st anniversary release of the OPIATE CD PACKAGE will begin on FRIDAY, MARCH 22 (with general sales on TUESDAY, MARCH 26). There are a LIMITED NUMBER of pre-sale copies, so, for now, let's keep it to a maximum of 3 copies of each of the 5 variations per member. As mentioned previously, there are a total of 5 variations of 1000 , making 5000 copies in all (Again, with a LIMITED number available for the Toolarmy pre-sale). ALL of the packages are SIGNED by all four band members, and come with a number of extra items pertaining to the new art design (see the on-line store description for more about this), including a certificate of authenticity.

Now, at this point I don't know the exact time the packages will go on sale, so Toolarmy members will have to check with the on-line STORE on FRIDAY (unless I get this info, and have a chance to post). That should about cover it, except to mention again that EACH variation of 1000 contains a special (randomly chosen) "SEAL OF XATANITOS" which entitles the bearer of to a certain prize. This "seal" will be included on the 5 UNIQUE certificates of authenticity contained in the prize winning package.
LuchaBoyTA
03-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Ive looked on both ToolArmy and the main site and i cant seem to find where to pre-order it
Old 03-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #892
Level 3 - Talker

Ive looked on both ToolArmy and the main site and i cant seem to find where to pre-order it
TOOLwrench's Avatar TOOLwrench
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM

Its in the bazaar under TA special items or whatever it says. May have sold out by now.
I ordered version number 4 earlier today. They are 150$ each. All four members autographs,different looking cds and priest cards in each package with certificate of authenticity. Im framing mine for sure.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #893
Level 7 - Loquacious

Its in the bazaar under TA special items or whatever it says. May have sold out by now.
I ordered version number 4 earlier today. They are 150$ each. All four members autographs,different looking cds and priest cards in each package with certificate of authenticity. Im framing mine for sure.
03-22-2013, 09:52 PM

Here are the pictures of the 5 versions

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4834162&type=1
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #894
Level 7 - Loquacious

Here are the pictures of the 5 versions

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4834162&type=1
03-22-2013, 09:54 PM

If the link doesnt work just go to the tool army facebook page
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #895
Level 7 - Loquacious

If the link doesnt work just go to the tool army facebook page
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
03-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Too bad you guys aren't coming to Adelaide - that's where the BBQ roo will be...
Fixed for ya.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 03-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #896
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Too bad you guys aren't coming to Adelaide - that's where the BBQ roo will be...
Fixed for ya.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
03-28-2013, 04:38 PM

Not sure how I feel about this $149 version of the first e.p.

Corex says:

Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #897
Level 10 - Vehement

Corex says:

jwb's Avatar jwb
03-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
SHUT UP AND BUY!

Oh wait, sorry. It's sold out.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #898
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
SHUT UP AND BUY!

03-31-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
SHUT UP AND BUY!

So they couldn't dig up one song as a bonus track? A buch of art work that ill look at once and throw in a drawer.. seems like they are selling autographs...

Wonder if Paul gets any of the $$

Corex says:

Old 03-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #899
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
SHUT UP AND BUY!

So they couldn't dig up one song as a bonus track? A buch of art work that ill look at once and throw in a drawer.. seems like they are selling autographs...

Corex says:

jwb's Avatar jwb
03-31-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Yeah, that EP could have used a remastering or the inclusion one new/unreleased song to justify the high price tag. The new artwork will be cool, I think/hope. I did buy one of each...

As for Paul, I would think he's getting a 1/4 or 1/5 share of the profit. I read in one of those new interviews with Adam that the band splits everything equally 4 ways.

Last edited by jwb; 03-31-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #900
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Yeah, that EP could have used a remastering or the inclusion one new/unreleased song to justify the high price tag. The new artwork will be cool, I think/hope. I did buy one of each...

As for Paul, I would think he's getting a 1/4 or 1/5 share of the profit. I read in one of those new interviews with Adam that the band splits everything equally 4 ways.

Last edited by jwb; 03-31-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Dylanja
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM

I can't believe it's not even vinyl. It's the equivalent of them finally releasing a live DVD, except it's a VHS cassette tape.
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #901
Level 7 - Loquacious

I can't believe it's not even vinyl. It's the equivalent of them finally releasing a live DVD, except it's a VHS cassette tape.
10-30-01 @ Cricket Pavillion | 11-19-02 @ America West Arena | 6-6-06 @ Gammage Auditorium | 9-1-06 @ Theatre Under the Stars | 9-9-06 @ Cricket Pavillion | 6-6-07 @ Tucson Convention Center | 6-15-07 @ Bonnaroo | 12-13-07 @ The Pearl | 12-14-07 @ The Pearl | 7-18-09 @ Mile High Festival | 7-19-09 @ Energy Solutions Arena | 7-21-09 @ US Airways Center | 7-18-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 7-19-10 @ Nokia Theatre | 1-17-12 @ Tucson Convention Center
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM

Orders have started shipping....i got an email today
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #902
Level 7 - Loquacious

Orders have started shipping....i got an email today
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanja View Post
Motherfuckers should have released it as a DAT imo
Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #903
crows before hoes

Quote:
Motherfuckers should have released it as a DAT imo
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaand the May May plague goes viral.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #904
Level 7 - Loquacious

wes
04-03-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
NO
Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #905
wes

Quote:
NO
wes
04-03-2013, 06:45 AM

Hey Kanaduh how do these levels work ? i joined July 2009 and I am a level 6. Dylanja joined a month later and is a level 7. Does it go by your post or what? Just a silly question I wanted to ask.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #906
wes

Hey Kanaduh how do these levels work ? i joined July 2009 and I am a level 6. Dylanja joined a month later and is a level 7. Does it go by your post or what? Just a silly question I wanted to ask.
Dylanja
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM

Aww, did your ego get bruised again?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #907
Level 7 - Loquacious

Aww, did your ego get bruised again?
04-03-2013, 09:18 PM

You should be more respectful of your betters Dylanja. The real surprise here is why hasn't dan made him a mod yet?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #908
crows before hoes

You should be more respectful of your betters Dylanja. The real surprise here is why hasn't dan made him a mod yet?
04-04-2013, 07:01 AM

I am not mad or bruised about anything I was just asking a question that is all. What is up with you guys? Just trolling around trying to upset people. Hey man I am just a Tool fan trying to have a little fun in life and stay informed. Try being nice to people instead of bashing them when they make a post.

I ordered version #1 and #5 Opiate anniversary. I am not in Tool Army so I ordered mine March 26, 2013. Has anyone got an e mail yet? I may frame one of my copies . I have not decided yet. Heck may even sell one. lol Have a great day Tool Heads!!!

Last edited by wes; 04-04-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #909
wes

I am not mad or bruised about anything I was just asking a question that is all. What is up with you guys? Just trolling around trying to upset people. Hey man I am just a Tool fan trying to have a little fun in life and stay informed. Try being nice to people instead of bashing them when they make a post.

I ordered version #1 and #5 Opiate anniversary. I am not in Tool Army so I ordered mine March 26, 2013. Has anyone got an e mail yet? I may frame one of my copies . I have not decided yet. Heck may even sell one. lol Have a great day Tool Heads!!!

Last edited by wes; 04-04-2013 at 07:02 AM..
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
LOL I saw that!

Did you see my dig at ya?

Too funny.

Corex says:

Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #910
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
LOL I saw that!

Did you see my dig at ya?

Too funny.

Corex says:

04-04-2013, 10:18 AM

I saw a link for a Proshot vid of Puscifer somewhere.

I'll

Keep

Digging

Corex says:

Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #911
Level 10 - Vehement

I'll

Keep

Digging

Corex says:

04-04-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:

I'll

Keep

Digging
Presumably from the recent Lollapalooza in South America which has Eddie Vedder in it. There's also an APC one from the same show.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #912
crows before hoes

Quote:

I'll

Keep

Digging
Presumably from the recent Lollapalooza in South America which has Eddie Vedder in it. There's also an APC one from the same show.
04-04-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Not satisfied with just attending the sheer power and force of a live performance from Tool?

We have the solution for you!

We've teamed together with the folks at Tool to provide fans with a truly once-in-a-lifetime performance with our tour VIP packages.

Those who purchase a VIP package will also receive:
- Access to sound-check with members of Tool
- Q+A session with Adam
- Exclusive merchandise pack including:
1. An exclusive Tool tour t-shirt
2. Poster
3. VIP laminate
4. Bag of goodies
(These items feature designs exclusive to the VIP package and are not available for purchase anywhere else)
- Early entry to the Floor (for GA ticket holders only)

*NOTE: the VIP package does NOT include an event ticket. Please ensure you have purchased your event ticket prior to purchasing your VIP package.

Packages go on sale from 9am local time, Friday 12 April and will retail for Australia $504 + ticketing agency transaction fees and for New Zealand $526.50 + ticketing agency transaction fees.

Head to www.frontiertouring.com/tool for all the info.
$500? Fuck that...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #913
crows before hoes

Quote:
Not satisfied with just attending the sheer power and force of a live performance from Tool?

We have the solution for you!

We've teamed together with the folks at Tool to provide fans with a truly once-in-a-lifetime performance with our tour VIP packages.

Those who purchase a VIP package will also receive:
- Access to sound-check with members of Tool
- Q+A session with Adam
- Exclusive merchandise pack including:
1. An exclusive Tool tour t-shirt
2. Poster
3. VIP laminate
4. Bag of goodies
(These items feature designs exclusive to the VIP package and are not available for purchase anywhere else)
- Early entry to the Floor (for GA ticket holders only)

*NOTE: the VIP package does NOT include an event ticket. Please ensure you have purchased your event ticket prior to purchasing your VIP package.

Packages go on sale from 9am local time, Friday 12 April and will retail for Australia $504 + ticketing agency transaction fees and for New Zealand $526.50 + ticketing agency transaction fees.

Head to www.frontiertouring.com/tool for all the info.
$500? Fuck that...
04-05-2013, 05:11 AM

Thats alot of cash for a couple songs and a goodie bag. I am sure they will all sell out. On the Tool Winter 2012 tour they did not offer any VIP packages like this. This is probably Maynards idea. He has been doing similar packages with APC and Puscifer. If you got the money and want this type of experience I think it is great. A little high but I think it is good they offer this to the fans. I did the Puscifer experience in Atlanta and they set us back like 20 rows from the band for the sound check. That was dissapointing to me and several people were not pleased to be so far back. The first time I saw Puscifer in March 2010 I did the Meet and Greet. That was cool I actually got to shake Maynards hand. That was the first show on the Eastern Assault night one at Center Stage Theater in Atlanta. I heard on night two he stopped letting people get that close. I think if you actually get real close to the band it would be worth it to me.

Last edited by wes; 04-05-2013 at 05:16 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #914
wes

Thats alot of cash for a couple songs and a goodie bag. I am sure they will all sell out. On the Tool Winter 2012 tour they did not offer any VIP packages like this. This is probably Maynards idea. He has been doing similar packages with APC and Puscifer. If you got the money and want this type of experience I think it is great. A little high but I think it is good they offer this to the fans. I did the Puscifer experience in Atlanta and they set us back like 20 rows from the band for the sound check. That was dissapointing to me and several people were not pleased to be so far back. The first time I saw Puscifer in March 2010 I did the Meet and Greet. That was cool I actually got to shake Maynards hand. That was the first show on the Eastern Assault night one at Center Stage Theater in Atlanta. I heard on night two he stopped letting people get that close. I think if you actually get real close to the band it would be worth it to me.

Last edited by wes; 04-05-2013 at 05:16 AM..
wes
04-05-2013, 05:17 AM

I wonder what this Q&A session will be like.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #915
wes

04-06-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Q: Can I have your autograph?

A: (Adam) NO!

Corex says:

Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #916
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Q: Can I have your autograph?

A: (Adam) NO!

Corex says:

jwb's Avatar jwb
04-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
$500? Fuck that...
Agreed. These recent obvious cash grabs are starting to rub me the wrong way.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #917
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
$500? Fuck that...
born2swallow's Avatar born2swallow
04-06-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #918
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
04-06-2013, 10:43 PM

I love how it's always Maynard's idea. Even when he's doing his own thing and the rest of the band is writing. Anything negative is always May May's fault.

They're totally going to sound check the trilogy...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #919
Level 7 - Loquacious

I love how it's always Maynard's idea. Even when he's doing his own thing and the rest of the band is writing. Anything negative is always May May's fault.

They're totally going to sound check the trilogy...
04-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Coachella bitches!

Catch you on the other side.

Sonnyboy and DJ Pm me for beers!

Corex says:

Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #920
Level 10 - Vehement

Coachella bitches!

Catch you on the other side.

Sonnyboy and DJ Pm me for beers!

Corex says:

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply