opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2006, 06:47 AM   #81
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/16 - Athens, GRC - Olympic Fencing Hall

file stathiz egw apo ekei pou hmoun eixa kako hxo sta 2 prwta tragoudia, alla meta beltiw8hke k phge se ikanopoihtika epipeda.Ektos bebaia apo to shmeio opou mphkan k oi Mastodon sto Lateralus k o hxos den antexe 2 krousta k 2 ki8ares... Auto me to e3wteriko den mporei na apotelei panakeia. Egw den exw lefta na paw e3w.Akoma k ta 52 eurw mou fanhkan polla. Ka8e fora leme ta idia alla pote den ginetai tpt me tis ellhnikes diorganwseis.
Ontws to problhma me to ypsos ths skhnhs htan basikotato. Katantaei kourastiko na eisai 2 wres stis mytes twn podiwn sou. Kanenas den problepse oti se ena isoypses patwma, h skhnh eprepe na paei pio pshla? A re ellada! Ta kataferan na me kanoun na paw se synaulia twn Tool k na mou menoun ta arnhtika!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-17-2006, 06:56 AM   #82
Level 1 - Lurker

ioso imoun mprosta (4-5m apo ti skoinh)gia ta prota 2 tragoudia o ixos itan asximos den akougontan katholoy ta fonitika...
Meta piga poio piso...sta 7-8 metra -peripoy kai kentro kai o ixos itan katapliktikos...
Mono ellatoma to oti den mporousame na doume aneta to soou!!!
Kata t'alla itan foveroi!!!!!!!!! Eidika to lateralus itan ola ta lefta!!!! epatha ti plaka mou...Den me xalase katholoy i diarkeia tis sinaulias...Itan iperikanopoiitiko to setlist kai i artia ektelesh ton kommation...

Kati tha prepei na ginei... kapoio email sto siggrotima gia tis asximes sinthikes kathos kai gia to panakrvo eisitirio se sxesh me tis alles poleis... oxi pos den ta axizan !!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

stinkfist
46+2
jambi
schism
lost keys
rosetta stoned

--------------

wings for marie
10000 days (part 2)
lateralus
vicarious
aenema

the venue sucked

teriible sound

tool should be playing in a church and instead they played in a pigstie

DIDI MUSIC who organized the concert should be sentenced to death penalty

such a shame this was for most of the people last night(about 10000 people) their first tool live experience

my 5th tool concert

but i don't consider it a tool concert

anyway tool are gods

eternal love and respect for opening my 3rd eye
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #84
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1717

terrible sound, especially mastodon sucked big time because of that. kai se alles synaulies ekei pera ton idio hxo eixe?

den tous exo ksanadei gia na sygkrino alla perimena kati pio kalo.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #85
Level 1 - Lurker

well i have been to other concerts around europe with worse sound, it wasnt so bad if you were in the middle and not too close to the stage but maybe the band should consider bringing their own rig on the tour?

The organisers attitude to safety was a concern, the entrance near the tram stop was not obvious and the pedestrian bridge appeared closed so everybody was running across a busy road and climbing the fence....then so many people going and leaving through one small gate and one entrance to the building. these are just accidents waiting to happen and when one does will the authorities make it easy to obtain license for more big concerts?

the stage was indeed too low and that was bad. still the performance was excellent and although being a fan for years i have never seen them live until now. Its still going on in my head, i understand their music so much more now.........i will not hesitate to catch them live again....
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #86
Level 2 - Poster

maynard had some issues with his voice but apart from that they were perfect.

Justin raped his bass

no words
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #87
Level 4 - Thinker

i totally agree with willawake...stage very low(DIDI will never learn) and sound was great if you were near the stage (luckily i went there after the 2nd song). The band performance was excellent,maynard was in a good mood making jokes all the time.the graphics and lazer show..well you cant describe that...;P

a big applause to all the ppl at the gig.even with the shitty conditions they respected the band at the entire show.you couldn't here a whisper in 10000 days..

a big FUCK YOU to DIDI Music..you call yourselves professionals..think about it again. if you cant organise a decent show dont do it. its derespect to the band and their fans. you only make a bad name for our country and artists to come and never return again
06.14.06 - Hammersmith,UK @ Apollo
12.16.06 - Athens,Greece @ Olympic Fencing Hall
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 12:39 AM   #88
Level 3 - Talker

Couldnt see anythin(Thanks Didi..) but from where i was standing the sound was good.
The set list was amazing and they didnt seem too roughed up or tired or whatever.MJK put on a hell of a show,really put his heart into it like in every other concert i've seen floating around the internet.And Mastodon gave a great show too,such a great support.This was my first Tool concert but im looking forward to their next and hopefully (for me) it wont be held in Greece >.<
All their songs sound kinda different in my head now .Is it just me? oO
Old 12-18-2006, 02:42 AM   #89
Level 2 - Poster

I've found such playlist of this show:

1. Eulogy (+ part Of Stinkfist)
2. Forty Six & 2
3. The Patient (yeahhhhhh!-i thought they wouldn't play it!)
4. Jambi
5. Parabola
6. Rosetta Stoned
7. Viginti Tres
8. Wings For Marie
9. 10,000 days
10. Lateralus (with Mastodon)
11. Vicarious
12. AEnema

Why does it differ form the setlist listed here, on tdn?
Which is correct?
It's quite important, cause hearing live version of The Patient would be nice treat for Greeks :)
Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 AM   #90
Level 1 - Lurker

manica you've got a fake, BIG FAKE setlist.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:04 AM   #91
Level 2 - Poster

Not only decoy cd, decoy tourbus and decoy band members, but now also decoy setlists? :D

Gosh, where is this world going to? :-)
Old 12-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #92
Level 3 - Talker

well .. TOOL in Athens ..
that was a nice thing to kn0w 3 months ago .. and just 3 months after i first saw them last June in Milan...

well lot of things have been said about this gig here after last Saturday ...
there is a TOOL orgasm taking place in diferent forums .
so i guess i have to clear first a think ...
this that follows is MY opinion and it only has to do with my experience but i'll try to post the facts as they really took place last Saturday.

Fencing Hall : the place is for sure not recomended for any concerts .. we have seen others in the past there and we knew what was coming. the place used to be a GARAGE for the airoplanes (the area is the old Athens international airport) so just imagine of a huge place with a stage placed inside. Big Star Promotion (aka DIDI music) earned a LOT without giving nothing. there are some infos flowing Round that TOOL asked for this venue just bcause there would be fresh air inside. well not to forgot that the HUGGEEEEE door was open and everyone was freezing. i think that we should rename the place to .. Arktic F Hall (f= Fuckin ). After that you should be a basketball player or a giant if you wanted to see anything that was happening there. there is only one word that is suitable for the place ... SUCKED !! i was really desapointed but i couldn't do anything about that but. so i waited there to see what was coming.

SOUND: the sound was far too good in comparison with the gig in Milan. i have earlier talked to a friend that was workin as a sound assistant there , so i new that i should be standing in front the sound engineering booth or behind it. and this is what i did... At Mastodon i was in the pit just infront and when TOOL came on stage i went at the back just bcause i wanted also to be able to see. The sound as i said it was GOOD enough for TOOL maybe even more than what i was expecting for. The bass was full ..i could hear Maynard loud and clear and it's only the mistakes that the band did that ruined sometimes the sound.Well i do believe that as for the sound we took the best we could in this place, maybe even better . (IMO)

Mastodon: Am not into Mastodon at all ..so i can't say anything about them. The sound was a mess. and this is not a fault of the place or whatever. they had the same speakers as TOOL , the same console so i guess it was their sound engine guy who did it.. well ..fuck em...i give a shit about them anyway..

TOOL: .... TOOL on stage again infront my "not able to see anything" eyes!!! soon i realised that all my efforts to be somewhere that i could at least see them weren't enough, so i compromised my self of watching the higher prt of the stage and maybe from time to time if i was lucky enough the band also. i closed my eyes and turned my head up and just stayed there listening to them. as i said the sound was good enough for me and everyone else beside me...
If the venue was better i could say that this was THE BEST CONCERT of 06 for me. The sound was everywhere taking us into TOOL's spiritual paths like 3 months ago in Milan. Although this was much better emotionally speaking for me and the sound was far better than in Milan.
And then came the laser/light show. This thing was fuckin breathtaking ..... under the sounds of Wings ... well it totally blowed my mind away...
Highlights were for sure WINGS .... Lateralus (14 mins!!!!) with Mastodon on stage .. AENIMA was far the best.
As for the guys... Justin and Carey were fuckin rocking and it's so pity that i didn't have good eye contact with them. Adam as usually was playing like a demon although he did some mistakes (!) .. and Maynard... well what can i say about him... He wasn't at his best but when this guy sings is like nothing else.
I really nJoyed them ... no matter what others are saying they fucked my mind for good this time, even under these problems (venue etc).
WELL DONE GUYS !!!

well ... what can i say ... it depence of what you was expecting 4... i know that it could be under much better situations but i think that in comparison with the one i saw in Milan...this show was fuckin PERFECT 4 me.

TOOL on soundchecking: well ... Maynard is a really asshole... he always have his bodyguard with even when he walks to the toilet. When he is soundchecking he doesn't want anyone beeing in his sight. What da fuck ... This Britney Speras behaviour is so annoying ... .. and still wondering ...where are the "preaching" early years of his??? where is the communication with the crowd that i was used in by watching dowloaded videos ?? he's living the AMERICAN DREAM guys ...face him as a mortal bcause that's all he is.... and don't expect anything else from him...
i do believe in the rest of the band though!!!

PS. i'd like to thank my Turkish friends Erdam, Didem, Mercan for making this gig even better.. it was so nice having you there guys.
hope you nJoyed it as much as we did.

well ..that's it... hopping for one more gig somewhere ...

OH! and something else... FUCK YOU all miserable monkeys that spreading yr negative vibes to the experience we faced ... :))))

and i Will tell NO lies ...

Last edited by iQfish; 12-19-2006 at 12:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #93
Level 4 - Thinker

99% agree with you.i was in London in June.If we had a a decent venue it would be the best show of 06 for sure.as i said 99%..maynard is maynard and will always be.he is been shifting moods/behaviours from the start.i really enjoy his rockstar thing now.check this great interview: http://www.avclub.com/content/node/55757
06.14.06 - Hammersmith,UK @ Apollo
12.16.06 - Athens,Greece @ Olympic Fencing Hall
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #94
Level 2 - Poster

1st tool show for me,here is a review:
first of all the security guys SUCKED.they thoroughly checked everyone and some people(actually near the half of them)missed mastodon.worst of all they poured water to anyone who took pictures with cameras.mastodon's sound was very bad and i found myself struggling to hear the guitars at times.they played surely these:
crystal skull
the wolf is loose
this mortal soil
capillarian crest
colony of birchmen
megalodon
hearts alive
hearts alive sounded great and showed their potential in spite of the shitty sound
And then came tool.they kicked off with stinkfist an obvious crowd pleaser but you could hardly hear mjk.46&2 rocked,especially danny'solo.jambi sounds way better live and of course the highlight was adam's talkbox solo.really amazing!!!schism-another crowd pleaser-was performed great and maynard let the audience sing a part.lost keys was interesting whereas rosetta stoned propably the weakiest moment of the night.after the break,they started playing wings of marie/10000 days.that would be the most emotional part of the show.it's magical to experience it live and combined with the impressive visuals really feels great.lateralus was easily the best moment.it was never my favorite tool song but live it was something different plus the guest appearance of all mastodon members in an extended version.vicarious was another great moment an mjk let the crowd sing in the end.in the middle of the song they stopped playing and opened a bottle of red wine,made a toast and tasted it.a very personal moment indeed.they closed with aenema in a flawless performance.
maynard was in good spirits.he appeared with his orange jacket but after the first song he got rid of it.during vicarious he wore his gas mask too.
maynardisms:"introductions.justin chancellor,danny carey,maynard keenan,adam jones"."we have good news and bad news:the good news is that this is our first show in greece and last for the tour.the bad news is ...there is no bad news"."shut up"to the crowd shouting.During lateralus he let brent hinds from mastodon sing and he sat behind him doing devilhorns with his fingers.really funny.when lateralus finished and mastodonwere leaving the stage he said:"mastodon.thanks.now get the fuck out".During the toast he raises his glass to the audience and said:"one for the homies/homos".finally before aenema he said something about the surprise of a kinder egg.
danny was in great shape and at times i couldn't stop looking at him.he wore a clippers jersey-i thought he was a lakers fan.justin was as always rocking out and adam stood still playing his guitar in his classic style.
all in all great concert,but the shitty venue ruined part of it.i hope next time i get to see them-in a good venue overboards-i'll be completely satisfied.
peace out
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #95
Level 3 - Talker

Some pics found in a greek forum:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4538/dsc00108mp5.jpg
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6153/dsc00116xr3.jpg (10,000 days)
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/8724/dsc00120kq9.jpg (lateralus with mastodon)
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/301/dsc00123gp8.jpg

And a couple of vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgZV40Y-h8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STGXoioRSo
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #96
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox View Post
99% agree with you.i was in London in June.If we had a a decent venue it would be the best show of 06 for sure.as i said 99%..maynard is maynard and will always be.he is been shifting moods/behaviours from the start.i really enjoy his rockstar thing now.check this great interview: http://www.avclub.com/content/node/55757
indeed a great interview, thanks detox

iQfish you are right the hall was fucking freezing and i caught a cold because of that...one more reason to say FUCK you didi!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #97
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

tool come back to greece next year but PLEASE FIND A BETTER PLACE

OH AND DIDI MUSIC

YOU FUC.KING SUCK YOU GOD DAMNED MONEY-RAISING MONKEYS

FUCK YOU
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #98
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37

Please post/repost your reviews. When the spit thread function decides to work again posts from this thread will be moved.

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: