opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 05-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
My Playlist for Lateralus, accepting some of Fib

Hi... I'm not new here, have been lurking forever and really appreciate all that tdn and you fine people as well have done over the years for the community.

I'm not trying to re-do anything that others have done with the whole Fibonacci sequence thing. That's totally more time than I've got on my hands. But I did listen to the sequence a few times and really liked how it started. But then I just sort of lost interest as it dragged on. And that was for a reason. So I re-ordered it as my own Lateralus playlist that I can enjoy, and something I think fits together a little better.

So enjoy this playlist if you want, don't if you don't.

The central tenet of my playlist is the idea that after Fib sequence 6, 7, 5, 8, 4, 9, 13 - you start getting into some tracks that literally run into one another on the album. At least how it plays on my machine. The following tracks have no empty space at the end and obviously lead into another song: 2, 6, 10, 11. If the band had put a secret order in there, I think (my opinion only!) they would have intended these songs to remain clumped with what was behind them. Also, 13 to me is not a part of the album. It's a creepy ending track. Not even a song. So to me, it can only go at the end.

So I've established that in my mind, you can't separate 2/3, 6/7, 10/11/12. However, I really love the Fibonacci idea. So I decided to just re-order this in a really simple way that accepts the beginning of the Fib sequence then instead of the spiral going to 13 then starting anew, it simply continues and grabs 1/2/3 then 10/11/12 in clumps, after 6/7/5/8/4/9.

So here's my playlist for Lateralus
6 - Parabol - Obvious possible album start and lead-in to Parabola
7 - Parabola - Continues from Parabol
5 - Schism - Standalone Song - Great lead-in to Ticks & Leeches
8 - Ticks & Leeches - Hardest song on album. Nice to have a break after
4 - Mantra - Quiet ending leads nicely into most "epic" song -> Lateralus
9 - Lateralus - Epic Title Track. Ending to first Half of the playlist.
1 - The Grudge - Start of the second half of the playlist with whirring sound
2 - Eon Blue Apocalypse - Leads into the patient
3 - The Patient - Continues from Eon Blue Apocalypse
10 - Disposition - Beginning of an epic trio
11 - Reflection - Continuation of an epic trio
12 - Triad - Triad: A group or set of three connected people or things
13 - Faap de Oiad - Obvious creepy ending track
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: My Playlist for Lateralus, accepting some of Fib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Kong View Post
I like it brother. And I actually didn't the Holy gift track ordering. I agree you've gotta keep those particular songs together

Good job
Thanks man. I'd like to reiterate my appreciation for Kabir and everyone else who has contributed to this place. Being able to turn to this resource for <Back when there was actually> news about the band was very meaningful and helpful.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
Banned.

Re: My Playlist for Lateralus, accepting some of Fib

the ideal track list for Lateralus would be
1. Mantra
2. Fap De Oiad
and that would be it. Before you maroons jump to the conclusion that this is a "troll" post just be aware that I clearly know more about music than you considering that you're wasting your time with "progressive" artists who are actually regressive and slaves to traditionalist pap. Maybe a 7 inch single of these two tracks could give me hope that there is a least a minor chance in Tool's discography to make anything other than their gay boring "music".

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: