Password
kanaduh
01-23-2016, 07:56 PM

Old 01-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
REIVEWS - Jan 23rd Nashville

01-24-2016, 02:45 PM

Super tight show with the usual recent setlist. Song highlights for me were No Quarter, The Grudge, Opiate and Sweat.

I can't remember the exact words Maynard used, maybe someone can correct me?

Before Ænema - Nashville, you guys dont have earthquakes or hurricanes but you do have snowstorms.

Before the finale - Snow can sometimes be beautiful but sometimes it can be like eating a bag of salty dicks. Be careful driving home.

Did anyone sitting up close get a good luck at the outfit Maynard was wearing at the end of the show? He was bowing to the crowd and it looked like some full body outfit but I couldn't make it out.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: REIVEWS - Jan 23rd Nashville

Super tight show with the usual recent setlist. Song highlights for me were No Quarter, The Grudge, Opiate and Sweat.

I can't remember the exact words Maynard used, maybe someone can correct me?

Before Ænema - Nashville, you guys dont have earthquakes or hurricanes but you do have snowstorms.

Before the finale - Snow can sometimes be beautiful but sometimes it can be like eating a bag of salty dicks. Be careful driving home.

Did anyone sitting up close get a good luck at the outfit Maynard was wearing at the end of the show? He was bowing to the crowd and it looked like some full body outfit but I couldn't make it out.
01-24-2016, 02:58 PM

Veikley, it's a set of riot armor with an insignia for a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu team on the breastplate.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 01-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Veikley, it's a set of riot armor with an insignia for a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu team on the breastplate.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Runner701's Avatar Runner701
01-25-2016, 02:47 PM

Maynard also said something to the effect of, "It's usually not wise for rock bands to get political... but if you want to get to heaven, you should probably vote for David Bowie". Then Opiate started and Maynard replaced " rape you" lyrics with "we both want David Bowie".

Last edited by Runner701; 01-25-2016 at 02:49 PM..
Old 01-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maynard also said something to the effect of, "It's usually not wise for rock bands to get political... but if you want to get to heaven, you should probably vote for David Bowie". Then Opiate started and Maynard replaced " rape you" lyrics with "we both want David Bowie".

Last edited by Runner701; 01-25-2016 at 02:49 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
veikley's Avatar veikley
02-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Maynard quote corrections:

Before Ænema - "Well, you don't have earthquakes or tidal waves but you certainly have snowstorms....we persevere."

Before the finale - "Although snow can be beautiful at times it can also suck a big bag of salty dicks so be careful on your way home. It's science, you can't argue with science. Thank you very much for coming out."
Old 02-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Maynard quote corrections:

Before Ænema - "Well, you don't have earthquakes or tidal waves but you certainly have snowstorms....we persevere."

Before the finale - "Although snow can be beautiful at times it can also suck a big bag of salty dicks so be careful on your way home. It's science, you can't argue with science. Thank you very much for coming out."
02-03-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
In the middle of the extended version of Opiate.

"You know...it's usually not wise to get political at a rock show. But with all the election hub bub going on I have to throw my political asshole in the ring. To me the only clear choice is David Bowie and Lemmy for President and Vice President. It is the only thing that will save our souls from eternal damnation."
Old 02-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner701 View Post
In the middle of the extended version of Opiate.

"You know...it's usually not wise to get political at a rock show. But with all the election hub bub going on I have to throw my political asshole in the ring. To me the only clear choice is David Bowie and Lemmy for President and Vice President. It is the only thing that will save our souls from eternal damnation."

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply