opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 06-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #41
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: LATERALUS CONFIGURATION

for those of you that still care...

lateralus and schism have to go together there are 3 songs with U's in them and lateralus is the only one that lines up with schism

schism has to be the S because of all the letters in LATERALUS it only has the S

im pretty sure the patient is the T because of the lyrics in the songs "im still right here giving blood keeping faith and im still right here" its the 3rd song on the album so it would have to be the T in lateralus i think that Ticks & leeches goes after the patient because the lyrics "fat little parasite working up under my patience" so i think its the E

so that gives you a bit of a outline on how to line up the rest of the letters

this track list lines up

T Triad
O the voice Of god
O dispOsition
L refLection

L paraboL
A parabolA
T the patienT
E ticks & leEches
R the gRudge
A mAntra
L eon blue apocaLypse
U lateralUs
S schiSm
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #42
On Probation

this track list is flowin nicely like a girl on the 3rd day of her period
Old 06-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #43
On Probation

image of the track list all lined up http://drownedinacid.deviantart.com/#/d521llr

see the US in lateralus doesnt have to line up with the rest (LATERAL) on the album artwork its dropped slightly
Old 06-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

this is all so fucking stupid.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #45
Level 10 - Vehement

not you, although by only feigning interest you seem to be enabling and encouraging keen to elaborate upon a theory that's clearly based on nothing but coincidence and delusion.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 06-02-2012 at 04:54 AM..
Old 06-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #46
Level 10 - Vehement

what's the point of all this bullshit ...has been my question. keen will only talk to people who don't think he/she's full of shit. why would tool care about fans taking their album tracklists and converting them into notepad where courier new font is the default and all letters are aligned as if in a grid structure even though it doesn't appear at all like that in the actual album artwork, but that specifically accounts for album release typos, an enochian-to-english translation of the last track, track 69, leather cases, red green, sticks, counting numbers, overlapping gaps, something about how the guy in the vicarious video holds its fingers ...blahblahfuckthisstupidshit.

when i've suggested that keen go to what the actual artists recall of their own art, specifically concerning fan interpretations ...SPECULATIONS ...SPECIFICALLY INVOLVING THE FABRICATION OF TRACKLIST ALTERATIONS!!! ...keen told me that it wasn't worth replying to me. i mean, fans will actually listen to the album and say "ehhhhhhhh, it sounded good, but i think the tracklist must be purposefully out of order, as sort of a puzzle, where the true message of their art mission is revealed ONLY by doing what keen did to beat the final boss.

FANS ARE RETARDED. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SOUNDS/LOOKS AMAZING. if you did, you'd be the musician or artist. done deal. it's like beethoven or mozart or whoever said, "if you could hear the music in my mind, you wouldn't bother with the music that i write". stop thinking you know what good music sounds like. or that something is shit after one passive, judgmental, closed-off, and weak listen. stop thinking you know the intention of the artist. ... BECAUSE IT KILLS THE ART!!! and that's my beef. you're saturating the forums with bullshit, trying to build up an "i'm right, i've found it, everybody look at me, and MYYYYYYYYYYYYY amazing discovery" ...and then it turns out to be childs play, shit that i did THE DAY i got the album, and then said "this is stupid ...what the hell am i doing with my life? :press play again:"

you know, if this is the end all of the puzzle ...just by saying that there MIGHT be one involved, even if tool admitted to it (and they have alluded to there being a puzzle) ...if anything about what keen has discovered here were intended by the band and keen HASN'T been wasting his/her time and all of ours, not to mention waste of bandwith and a need to scroll down the page ...

I WILL STOP LISTENING TO TOOL. and join poor lil' staci ....
i will sell all of my collectibles, autographs, and TA membership.

the more keen throws down a "i don't believe, i know!" (believe = know ...by the way ...) ...the more assured i am that the guy/gal ...has noooooo fuckin' clue.,,,and would really be better off admitting/submitting to the fact. and the music sounds better! let go let go let go LET GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! you know? like nothing about how keen presents this information suggests that he/she even understands the lyrics within. keen stops at tracklists... tool tells us to read between the lines.

what was the first thing blair posted as the newsletter writer? something about a tool fan sinking below his/her self-indulgent pitiful hole...

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 06-02-2012 at 05:49 AM..
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #47
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurok View Post
Have noticed that somewhere the album is titled lateralis (not lateralus, like the song)
that was a typo in the early releases it was "lateralis" but it was only a typo it's lateralUs
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #48
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
what's the point of all this bullshit ...has been my question. keen will only talk to people who don't think he/she's full of shit. why would tool care about fans taking their album tracklists and converting them into notepad where courier new font is the default and all letters are aligned as if in a grid structure even though it doesn't appear at all like that in the actual album artwork, but that specifically accounts for album release typos, an enochian-to-english translation of the last track, track 69, leather cases, red green, sticks, counting numbers, overlapping gaps, something about how the guy in the vicarious video holds its fingers ...blahblahfuckthisstupidshit.

when i've suggested that keen go to what the actual artists recall of their own art, specifically concerning fan interpretations ...SPECULATIONS ...SPECIFICALLY INVOLVING THE FABRICATION OF TRACKLIST ALTERATIONS!!! ...keen told me that it wasn't worth replying to me. i mean, fans will actually listen to the album and say "ehhhhhhhh, it sounded good, but i think the tracklist must be purposefully out of order, as sort of a puzzle, where the true message of their art mission is revealed ONLY by doing what keen did to beat the final boss.

FANS ARE RETARDED. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SOUNDS/LOOKS AMAZING. if you did, you'd be the musician or artist. done deal. it's like beethoven or mozart or whoever said, "if you could hear the music in my mind, you wouldn't bother with the music that i write". stop thinking you know what good music sounds like. or that something is shit after one passive, judgmental, closed-off, and weak listen. stop thinking you know the intention of the artist. ... BECAUSE IT KILLS THE ART!!! and that's my beef. you're saturating the forums with bullshit, trying to build up an "i'm right, i've found it, everybody look at me, and MYYYYYYYYYYYYY amazing discovery" ...and then it turns out to be childs play, shit that i did THE DAY i got the album, and then said "this is stupid ...what the hell am i doing with my life? :press play again:"

you know, if this is the end all of the puzzle ...just by saying that there MIGHT be one involved, even if tool admitted to it (and they have alluded to there being a puzzle) ...if anything about what keen has discovered here were intended by the band and keen HASN'T been wasting his/her time and all of ours, not to mention waste of bandwith and a need to scroll down the page ...

I WILL STOP LISTENING TO TOOL. and join poor lil' staci ....
i will sell all of my collectibles, autographs, and TA membership.

the more keen throws down a "i don't believe, i know!" (believe = know ...by the way ...) ...the more assured i am that the guy/gal ...has noooooo fuckin' clue.,,,and would really be better off admitting/submitting to the fact. and the music sounds better! let go let go let go LET GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! you know? like nothing about how keen presents this information suggests that he/she even understands the lyrics within. keen stops at tracklists... tool tells us to read between the lines.

what was the first thing blair posted as the newsletter writer? something about a tool fan sinking below his/her self-indulgent pitiful hole...

just so you know i am a man
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #49
On Probation

ok see now im the only one other than the guy that did the holy gift configuration that has tried to reorder the songs (that i know of) and all he did was create 2 spirals with the songs however it lacked something tangable that could be understood there is no explanation as to why that guy started at track 6

now i just noticed there was 13 tracks on the album and 13 letters in tool la te ra lus it seemed logical to me that you could probably spell out the album name with the letters in the songs and you can

i do actually listen to the lyrics you know and interpret them like the song lateralus for example

b LA ck then whi TE are all i see in my infancy red and yellow (o RA nge) came to be

look at the songs eon BLUE apocalypse and the lyrics in the grudge "unable to forgive your SCARLET letterman" (scarlet is RED by the way) theres colours in there!

see lateralus is like a map ^_^
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #50
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderKeen View Post
just so you know i am a man
and just so you know, 1. didin't mean any disrespect, 2. i forgot if this was established already, and 3. i don't assume or jump to conclusions ...hence all the he/she talk. if you're a he, choose "he" and turn to page .g.hsfh.f..dfga.fh.

you weren't the only one. that's your ego taking off, even a full decade after the fact. the holy gift idea started at 6 because the whole point of it was how all the new pairs of tracks equal 13... a VERY holy number indeed. YOU COULDN'T GET MORE TANGIBLE. fibonacci, twelve around one, constellations, jesus, the seed/flower of life in sacred geometry, it goes onnnnn and onnnnn. 13. being a triskadecaphiliac ...i may be a tad biased ...but even the pairs make some sense. schism goes into ticks and leeches - if you know what the word schism means... mantra into lateralus compliments the fade-in of the PHI rhythm, symbolizing infinity ...as the golden mean has no beginning and no end, no point of reference or cognition. it is the WAY, like the voice of god, sorta thing. 6+7, 5+8, 4+9, 3+10, 2+11, 1+12, and 0+13 ...zero being the space of nothingness following TRIAD. 12 ...to zero ...before THIRTEEN!!! THE VOICE OF GOD (only enochian).

so, that's pretty straight forward. but if you need another angle, there was a tour they did after the lateralus release entitled the "inside the outside tour" ...which might not have needed to be a callback to the tracklisting ...instead ...a mere philosophic leaning or intentionality. bring what's inside to the outside. manifest your imagination into reality. BECOME THE ARTIST! and change the world... STOP SQUANDERING YOUR LIVES ON STUPID SHIT!!! "so we need you to find a comfortable space that's not only comfortable but vulnerable; shut yo outside/PHYSICAL eyes and spiral out, let go by keeping nothing but the idea of "going in". keep GO IN ...and we'll meet you on the other side".

that's also pretty straight forward. but then there's also the fact that the second video made for lateralus showed parabol as an intro or PART ONE to parabola. fade in from black ...towards the WHITE. light >>> Allllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvv eeeeeeeeeee, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. they are the same song, only cut right in two. black(6), then white(7). god = all and nothing. 13. confirmed. not only that, but PARABOL most certainly represents the heart chakra, as am empty vessel/chamber, like the queen's well that maynard visited at the giza plateau ...omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent ...without judgment = unconditional one. the heart. so it is black, pure as we begin, void of all and everything, lacking THINGS which have already been watched to die. move by WILL alone. you guessed it ...intension >>>> parabol. do ...do you not understand how tool TRIES to make this as blatant a correlation as possible? will. intension ...as in will power. drunk with power, why can't we not be sober? they write the same album every time they release one. same goes with the videos. it's all just ...from various angles, approaches, styles, etc. [so fuck off to those who think 10kdays ain't as STRONG as aenima ...they've refined the formula into areas of craft and creation that are far more subtle than even die-hard and arrogant fans can even recognize ...they're good, and they're better than your ability to hear and/or appreciate music ...that's just how it's going to be ...especially when it comes to bands who are sort of living legends or at least innovative enough to be considered ahead of their time, or timeless - they know what they're doing ...you don't]

there are strong motifs throughout the entire TOOL career and cataloge over these last two decades that seem to contradict your theory ...or make it seem to me like you haven't considered stronger areas of clever intentionality by the artists. it's simply not as local or on the surface as what you've been suggesting. it may involve multiple releases, but cherrypicking won't solve anything. you went with colors? disgustipated, that whole story ...the colors there ...the blue in track 2 ...apc had a song actually called BLUE. the color though, i believe, has less to do with track 2 in lateralus, than it does as a means to describe THE PATIENT. grudge being red, as in king crimson. vs. the blue queen bee. these are not only representative of the light spectrum, from infrared to ultra violet, but the color coding relates back to the alchemical understanding of our own brain's 2 hemispheres ...right in two.

again. IS THIS YOUR BRAIN ON TOOL?!!!??! see? i can hang with the crazies... but yeah it works ...that's why brandy and mandy are red and blue respectively. and that's something i called before the vicarious video was even released. that's because the lateralus album is a fractal representation of the heart/mind complex within the human condition, how real and quite relevant it is ...that we LOSE what we don't USE ...like a message of hope or a warning for THOSE (the innocent 1's who have chosen 10). it's still all about lying dead beneath the undertow ...beneath what's LEFT ... and learning to swim on the right ...into the blue. i'm still RIGHT here, giving blood, keeping faith. the grudge equals the left hemisphere. defining, confining. so there you go.
square = tool, circle = a perfect circle, square the circle ...puscifer. RED/tool + BLUE/apc = YELLOWSUBMARINE!

eon blue is the puscifer betwixt the air itself (if you will) ...the activated corpus colloseum BETWEEN the left red grudge (part vampire) and right blue patient (part warrior). point is: blue has more to do with the patient than eon. just as luscifer was the bringer of light ...and puscifer the bringer of PUSSY (aka the queen b/lue ...spiralling out, down THIS vagina mine) ...eon blue apocalypse is the ...stepping stone eon consciousness beforrrrrrrrrrrre the blue. hence the apocryphal jump away from judging through the physical eyes. like, okay ...it's leap of faith time - the time to jump! the time to close your eyes and go there. like HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! REPENT REPENT REPENT!!! oh. wait. i was just closing my eyes...

YOU JUST NOTICED LATERALUS HAS THIRTEEN TRACKS?!?! allllllll this talk about fibonacci...??? do you even go back in time through the forum to see what's already been regurgitated ad nausea and discussed-tipated to death?! you might not have such a head 'bout your self... actually i sure hope it humbles the hell right outta you.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #51
On Probation

see this is why i dont talk to you anymore
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #52
Level 10 - Vehement

why? i meant all of that in the best possible way.

okay, i'll admit that i jumped the gun in assuming you didn't realize there were 13 tracks. you were making a comparison to something else that may have correlations with the number 13. so, i mean i should hope, you probably did know that there are 13 tracks ...since track 13 is the last one. i give all tool fans more credit than that. just being a dick...

it was a light jab, as more of a means to elaborate the holy gift orientation involving the number 13. the first thing i mentioned ...with the last thing i mentioned. the ol' wrap around. like a mobius. but other than that i was simply trying to explain myself and my reasoning for thinking that this whole thing you have with the tracklist pales in comparison to how other ideas have been discussed at length and even seem to be far more elegant ...such as the holy gift track list which seems to work out ...and i'm not saying that it was intended by tool, but that - as a means of experiencing the album anew and in a different fashion than what had been presented to the world (if that's your thing ...who cares, right?) - it just seems to work out. reversing "reflection" sounds eerily beautiful, for example. things like that. but c'mon ...i'm not saying "you're just wrong" for you to ignore me or to keep saying that you'll ignore me (ty for reading my lengthy posts btw)...

I CAME OUT TO WATCH YOU PLAY,
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY?

talk to me. we can get beyond the dissonance, the miscommunications, assumptions, all that. and honestly, MAN ...i feel i can hang with ppl like you more than most on this forum ...bc i do tend to "go there" (ask around) ...and i do it to put myself in a state of certitude if only as a means to focus the theory. just playing around. i'm not the artist so i don't really know and can't take my ideas about their art too seriously... actually, always believing that i don't know everything is the best point of reference i've been able to find in this crazy mixed up world. the information i come to, that goes through me, my life and experiences, WHETHER TRUE OR NOT, changes my perceptions.

these are mental games. tool is legend bc they - as maynard suggested - are not concerned with calling out the dirty rat or defining their own art, rather ...they can smell the cheese and crackers back stage. or something like that. they reflect the fact that there is a VIP party and that we're all invited to bounce our own lives and experiences off of their art.

p.s. also, when i refer to YOU ...it's really more about the 44&2 disharmonic consciousness or 2nd person singular/plural pronoun idea of perceiving ...like i know YOU well, YOU are a part of ME (christ/46&2). pointing HIS finger AT everything but his heart. you you you you you you you. everyone will have HIS day to die... WE'LL MISS YOU. :P i'm not really saying you there, commander. we're all one mind.

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 06-02-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
On Probation

came out to see you rock found out you suck a cock
Old 06-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #54
Level 10 - Vehement

Rate This Thread