opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 02. Eulogy
User Name
Password
Old 10-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #81
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Jesus...

l don't think this song is about Jesus...clearly because Jesus DID see divinity, when Maynard says "not all martyred see divinity"...and Maynard wouldn't be asking "Would you die for me?" When biblical history states Jesus DID die for us...

l think this song is about someone else...l'm not sure who...some close to Maynard, or maybe an idle of his, who died.

Just a thought.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #82
Level 8 - Vociferous

Re: Ignorant Response

l'm not sure...l don't know if it's about Jesus, or anything to do with religion in general...lf you've ever seen the movie 'Braveheart', Mel Gibson was a martyr, because he died for his strong belief of freedom...this thought is coadjutor to my explaination of why the song is not about, sarcastic towards, or in referrence to Jesus Christ. ln the early ages of dictatorship during the hellinistic period of ancient Roman times, the dictator Nero crucifed people up and down the "roads" leading into Rome.

l don't think just because it mentions being crucified it has anything to do with Christ...anyone who is Martyred could be crucifed...which was a common practice back in Roman times, and such.
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:14 AM   #83
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 277
Re: Ignorant Response

What the fuck?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:26 AM   #84
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Eulogy of Jesus Christ

jesus is hovering above earth laughing at yall
Old 10-14-2003, 06:20 AM   #85
Level 10 - Vehement

In the spirit of forgiveness and love? Hmmm, thanks for your input.
Whoever we are, wherever we're from, we shoulda noticed by now, our behavior is dumb. And if our chances expect to improve it's gonna take a lot more than tryin' to remove the other race, or the other whatever, from the face Of the planet altogether.--Frank Zappa
Old 10-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #86
Level 2 - Poster

I'm not sure if someone already posted this but I don't think Maynard has ever insulted, bashed, or come down on the actual person of Christ in any way. If any of you have the mp3 of the show from Houston in 95 or 96 (can't remember offhand) then you'll hear him talk about opiate specifically. He mentions how Jesus, Krishna, Muhammed, and Buddha were all great men and leaders but some agents came along and screwed everything up. He said the song was about those agents.
Everyone here's already mentioned all the evidence referencing the fact that Eulogy isn't directly about Christ so I won't repeat it. It's pretty clear that Eulogy is most directly about people that abuse any kind of doctrine or teaching and use/manipulate susceptible people. It's against the people that always think they are right and try and force as many people to believe what they say for their own personal gain. If anything about Jesus it's a much stronger viewpoint that Jesus Christ actually had himself. It's a viewpoint that states disapproval towards hypocrites. Maynard seems to be talking about modern Pharisees if anything. He talks about how they take a stand on every little thing, like the pharisees did to the point of making the entire law, always making themselves seem so high, always making themselves the leaders, etc....
Judith I thought was disappointing lyrically. I understand why people always shout the "F*** your god" part really loud at the APC shows but come on. It's merely a bitter statement against yet again, an intolerant believer that probably either tried to force their beliefs or was ignorant and refused to listen to alternate views. But that's just that...a bitter statement of frustration, not an educated viewpoint on any particular belief or doctrine.
I'm really hoping that people will respond to this. Please do and tell me what holes I have in my reasoning, I love smart rebuttals.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:19 AM   #87
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
That was one of the more intelligent posts in this here thread by far. Thank you for being so open and willing to accept feedback. Others simply attack when their views get challenged.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Did you have a question as responce to my post, reedc33?
Old 10-15-2003, 05:10 PM   #89
Level 10 - Vehement

I wondered why you posted three times in a row? No big deal.
Whoever we are, wherever we're from, we shoulda noticed by now, our behavior is dumb. And if our chances expect to improve it's gonna take a lot more than tryin' to remove the other race, or the other whatever, from the face Of the planet altogether.--Frank Zappa
Old 10-15-2003, 05:48 PM   #90
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
She obviously hasnt read a thing about the way she communicates. Its like beating your head against a brick wall solidly reinforced with lots and lots of mortar. I dont even pretend to care about any of these last three posts. I guess shes just... angry?
Rebecca, I dont care. Do your thing, it will not interfere with mine anymore. If you wont listen, just attack, then conversation is pointless.
Yummy. Your sweat tastes of fear. mmmm.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #91
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

[QUOTE=reedc33]I think that makes alot of sense, but again, it can mean alot of things to alot of different people, so...

Jesus, Cobain, Hubbard, mindless fucking hypocritical sheep, and earth worshipping, argumentative bitches/witches(please don't curse me)...it's all good.

Your typing says you like pushing buttons.
Don't push mine, you won't like playing that game
Old 10-15-2003, 06:10 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Thank you, Reed. I vote we lock this thread now.
Lock this thread? Who are you to silence the free? If you don't like freedom of speech than fuck you. Maybe that's something your little sheep will consider, even though it's obvious that they love to follow you and agree with everything you fucking say. It's easier that way. Not having to use your own brain.

I made sarcastic remarks that you took offense to. It's not anyones fault but your own if you don't have that sense of humor. You like taking things in the worst way you can, just so you can jump on them, just so you can have something to do. Just because I don't add the pre-teen chat comment of lol after every joking remark doesn't mean I'm fucking serious. Your a fucking moron for getting all hot and bothered by something that doesn't even effect you. In other words, you like eating my bullshit. you don't realize that it suits me for you to do so. I expect that from a Cancer.

You can't silence me. I believe that you are all closing yourself off from the truth by believing that this song is about Kurt Cobain, Bill Hicks, etc.

You claimed all this time that you would die for me. Why then are you so suprised when you hear your own eulogy.

Who but Jesus claimed this whole time that they would die for us? How could anyone hear their own eulogy unless they faked their death, fled, and read about it later? The Bible contains Jesus's fake eulogy, in not so many words. So look at it from a spiritual point of view, or follow the next trendy fucking opinion. It's your future that's being decided.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:34 PM   #93
Banned.

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca22
Lock this thread? Who are you to silence the free? If you don't like freedom of speech than fuck you. Maybe that's something your little sheep will consider, even though it's obvious that they love to follow you and agree with everything you fucking say. It's easier that way. Not having to use your own brain.

I made sarcastic remarks that you took offense to. It's not anyones fault but your own if you don't have that sense of humor. You like taking things in the worst way you can, just so you can jump on them, just so you can have something to do. Just because I don't add the pre-teen chat comment of lol after every joking remark doesn't mean I'm fucking serious. Your a fucking moron for getting all hot and bothered by something that doesn't even effect you. In other words, you like eating my bullshit. you don't realize that it suits me for you to do so. I expect that from a Cancer.

You can't silence me. I believe that you are all closing yourself off from the truth by believing that this song is about Kurt Cobain, Bill Hicks, etc.

You claimed all this time that you would die for me. Why then are you so suprised when you hear your own eulogy.

Who but Jesus claimed this whole time that they would die for us? How could anyone hear their own eulogy unless they faked their death, fled, and read about it later? The Bible contains Jesus's fake eulogy, in not so many words. So look at it from a spiritual point of view, or follow the next trendy fucking opinion. It's your future that's being decided.
people won't believe that jesus moved to france, without proof. that'd be following a "trendy fucking opinion"

http://a1.nu/christian/articles/the_...n_of_jesus.htm
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/kking/~death.html
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m11...01/print.jhtml
there's alot more but i don't have time to post it. go to the religion section at your library, or a book store, and see if they have the jesus conspiracy, i think that's the name. i personally don't care, i wouldn't follow lewis carrol philosophy just becuase hes a cool person.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #94
Banned.

Quote:
I made sarcastic remarks that you took offense to. It's not anyones fault but your own if you don't have that sense of humor. You like taking things in the worst way you can, just so you can jump on them, just so you can have something to do. Just because I don't add the pre-teen chat comment of lol after every joking remark doesn't mean I'm fucking serious.
that's really goddamned stupid and snobby of you, i hope you go to hell and die
Old 10-16-2003, 06:04 AM   #95
Banned.

Quote:

You are so stuck in thinking that it is so literal. I can't help you, goodbye, fuck off, no one cares. I laugh at you because I can. You know nothing about me and it cracks me up that you think I am "eating your bullshit." You are the one following the trendy fucking opinions.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #96
Banned.

Bincount™: 232

Show me a Bible in Hebrew and I'll show you the original text.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #97
Level 8 - Vociferous

The original text of what?

And l'm sure you could find the text of the Hebrew Bible on some website.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:58 PM   #98
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddish
that's really goddamned stupid and snobby of you, i hope you go to hell and die
In that order?
Old 10-16-2003, 04:17 PM   #99
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
people won't believe that jesus moved to france, without proof. that'd be following a "trendy fucking opinion"

http://a1.nu/christian/articles/the_...n_of_jesus.htm
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/kking/~death.html
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m11...01/print.jhtml
there's alot more but i don't have time to post it. go to the religion section at your library, or a book store, and see if they have the jesus conspiracy, i think that's the name. i personally don't care, i wouldn't follow lewis carrol philosophy just becuase hes a cool person.
How fucking stupid you must be. These are not my information sources. Fuck looking under religious sections, that's following opinions, something I don't do. I hear what others have to say, but I think and decide on my own, for myself.

Don't you fucking hear what I'm saying? I think it's funny how I can post almost anything here and all you Tool fans will jump on it like your life depends on it.

If you don't like what I have to say, just fuck it. But no, this is fun to you, because you have nothing else to do.

Me too for right now, I'm bored, and waiting. But that will be all over soon.

Soon, alot of you will wake up, and you will not like what you see.

By then, it will be too late, because you all were too busy trying to take out some stress online.

Plugged in.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #100
Banned.

Quote:
How fucking stupid you must be. These are not my information sources. Fuck looking under religious sections, that's following opinions, something I don't do. I hear what others have to say, but I think and decide on my own, for myself.
i never said they were your sources. they're just a starting point for research. i thought some people might be confused
Quote:
Soon, alot of you will wake up, and you will not like what you see.

By then, it will be too late, because you all were too busy trying to take out some stress online.

Plugged in.
i joined tool army, so as soon as they get enough money to finish the giant death robot i'm going to fly that robotic mofo over to your house and kill you (to death) if mess you mess with me
Old 10-16-2003, 05:03 PM   #101
Banned.

Quote:
In that order?
yes, in that order
Old 10-17-2003, 06:09 AM   #102
Banned.

It just blows my mind that someone can be so
ignorant
elitist
condescending when it is obvious that experience is lacking
childish
judgmental

Nothing we have said has gotten through, and she thinks whatever she says is golden and above challenge or reproach.

Again, I am just blown away. I have never met anyone so unwilling to communicate.

I am awake, and I love what I see. What I cannot see is why someone so quick to attack others thinks she is awake, has "heard the call" so to speak. You might be aware of some things, rebecca, but that's nothing. Being aware of some things and letting those things affect your life positively are completely different things. You have shown no positivity or support for anyone. I cannot fathom why you think you are so special or why people whould bend to your whims and opinions, because they are indeed just that, opinions and not facts, deary. Is that what the high schools in Riverside teach? That your shit smells better than others?

Last edited by paraflux; 10-17-2003 at 06:23 AM..
Old 10-17-2003, 08:27 AM   #103
Banned.

Bincount™: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllforUnity
The original text of what?
The original text of the Bible.

You show me the Bible in Hebrew and I'll show you the original text of the Bible which is in Hebrew.

Strange jokes don't work on the internet.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #104
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
It just blows my mind that someone can be so
ignorant
elitist
condescending when it is obvious that experience is lacking
childish
judgmental

Nothing we have said has gotten through, and she thinks whatever she says is golden and above challenge or reproach.

Again, I am just blown away. I have never met anyone so unwilling to communicate.

I am awake, and I love what I see. What I cannot see is why someone so quick to attack others thinks she is awake, has "heard the call" so to speak. You might be aware of some things, rebecca, but that's nothing. Being aware of some things and letting those things affect your life positively are completely different things. You have shown no positivity or support for anyone. I cannot fathom why you think you are so special or why people whould bend to your whims and opinions, because they are indeed just that, opinions and not facts, deary. Is that what the high schools in Riverside teach? That your shit smells better than others?

I don't know man, I just had another wave of disbelief. I just cannot fathom how someone can be so horrible at communicating and still blame US for not understanding, misunderstanding, being ignorant, lazy(you know, nothing better to do than to spend time here?), sheepish and unoriginal. Saying something like "the only thing you know about me is what I've told you"...?!?!?!?! No shit, sherlock, and the delivery was flawed, because I still know nothing about her except that she is very aggressive with her keyboard.

Rebecca: take a step outside of yourself, read all the posts again, read your own posts as if someone else wrote them, and try to OBJECTIVELY determine if you make any logical, organic sense. Are you just trying to shock us and piss us off, or are you trying to make a point?

P.s...I really enjoyed typing that, because I enjoy pushing buttons...(?) Huh?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #105
Banned.

You know... you enjoy pushing buttons. What is so hard to understand about... oh wait, I didnt get it either.
We have tried to communicate rationally and all we get is...
childish name-calling
arrogance
twisted words, she thinks we enjoy eating her shit (I REALLY dont get that one)
elitism

Apparently everyone in the world is a complete dumbass... except rebecca.

Riverside, California?

Learn to swim.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:23 AM   #106
Level 8 - Vociferous

l wasn't trying to make a joke, l was clarifying. Sorry for the misunderstandment.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #107
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedc33
I don't know man, I just had another wave of disbelief. I just cannot fathom how someone can be so horrible at communicating and still blame US for not understanding, misunderstanding, being ignorant, lazy(you know, nothing better to do than to spend time here?), sheepish and unoriginal.
I don't think she's serious anymore. I think she's just trying to upset people. Rebbeca doesn't really care about communicating. Rebeca could be really that elitist, but I think she was trying to get us to agree with her opinions and this is her form of retaliating at us for our disagreement.

Jesus's main philosophy was that we shoud treat others as we wish to be treated. Actions based out of compassion are good, selfishness is evil.
Stop pretending to fight this imginary evil that for some reason has a penis, open your eyes, and open your ears and learn from your mistakes and admit it when your wrong. Quit being so self indulgent, with your ego. Quit holding grudges.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:28 PM   #108
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
l wasn't trying to make a joke, l was clarifying. Sorry for the misunderstandment.

You talkin' to me Tex? That's a pretty cool word you used. (Don't worry, I'm just fucking with you...I'm from Texas, too, btw, but I live in Chicago...)
Old 10-20-2003, 11:09 AM   #109
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 95

O let us come together in praise of Rebecca, who has recieved the infallible word of Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln; she who is truly an adept, and no longer blinded by opinion.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:01 AM   #110
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well thanks...but l wasn't talking to you, l was talking to The Source...l think he thought a comment l made about his entry was sarcastic.

Where in Texas?
Old 10-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #111
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Well thanks...but l wasn't talking to you, l was talking to The Source...l think he thought a comment l made about his entry was sarcastic.

Where in Texas?

Cool..

If you use the reply w/ quote thingy, it makes things more clear...imo.

I'm from El Paso, which is hardly in Texas, which, ironically, is practically it's own country.
Old 10-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #112
Level 3 - Talker

I agree that this song is not about Jesus as the person necessarily but more about Christianity in general. And I really don't want to offend anyone...the following is strictly an opinion based on my own interpretation of the bible and I am open to feedback...I think in some ways Jesus did "rant and point his finger" for instance, the scene in the temple when he ripped everything apart in response to the market operating in a house of worship and the incident with the fig tree. I think at times he was petulant and spiteful. Having stated all that, I think Jesus was just another person, and wasn't perfect. Much of what he had to say was meaningful and we can take a lot out of it if we chose to. However, Christians have chosen to make their religion into something that is based outside of the teachings of Jesus, adding in things for their own purposes. If you can step back and see both the good and bad in the religion then anyone can learn from it. I agree with many of the teachings of the Buddha but that doesn't mean I believe every supernatural story that is connected with him. I just read what the man had to say and take what I can from it.

As for the song, I think he is speaking out at anyone and everyone who has twisted things and fucked with the progress of the human race. People trying to pacify their egos and place themselves higher than the rest of us, which essentially holds us back. I think the possible Jesus references are in there because Christians have been very guilty of this behavior in the past. Just my opinion.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #113
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel
I agree that this song is not about Jesus as the person necessarily but more about Christianity in general. And I really don't want to offend anyone...the following is strictly an opinion based on my own interpretation of the bible and I am open to feedback...I think in some ways Jesus did "rant and point his finger" for instance, the scene in the temple when he ripped everything apart in response to the market operating in a house of worship and the incident with the fig tree. I think at times he was petulant and spiteful. Having stated all that, I think Jesus was just another person, and wasn't perfect. Much of what he had to say was meaningful and we can take a lot out of it if we chose to. However, Christians have chosen to make their religion into something that is based outside of the teachings of Jesus, adding in things for their own purposes. If you can step back and see both the good and bad in the religion then anyone can learn from it. I agree with many of the teachings of the Buddha but that doesn't mean I believe every supernatural story that is connected with him. I just read what the man had to say and take what I can from it.

As for the song, I think he is speaking out at anyone and everyone who has twisted things and fucked with the progress of the human race. People trying to pacify their egos and place themselves higher than the rest of us, which essentially holds us back. I think the possible Jesus references are in there because Christians have been very guilty of this behavior in the past. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. Jesus said some really important things, that people need to hear, but after 2,003 years of people distorting and altering his message for their own benefit you couldn't follow him blindly if you wanted to.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:31 PM   #114
Level 1 - Lurker

Pride
Old 10-30-2003, 07:55 AM   #115
Level 8 - Vociferous

Please explain?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:53 PM   #116
Level 1 - Lurker

now i am responding to the first post, i didnt read the 4 pages of posts. bill hicks is no maryter, he is a comedian who tool gets some of there humor from. Bill has very interesting and contaversial views about jesus and well, anything in fact. "whats up with all theys fucking crosses, do you really think jesus wants to see a fucking cross when he comes back?" i think maynrd did make one remark to jesus saying" come down get off your fucking cross, we need the fucking space to nail the next fool mayrter" but in fact i beleve the song is about L.Ron.Hubbord.

peace
Old 10-30-2003, 02:17 PM   #117
Banned.

Read the thread.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #118
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah...this has been discussed before, alot. Not to mention, anyone can die on a cross...if you recall biblical history, Jesus was not even the only one who died on a cross that day, 2 theives died with him...And you might want to edit that entry...there were alot of errors...if l see another l might cry.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:54 PM   #119
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
i never said they were your sources. they're just a starting point for research. i thought some people might be confused

i joined tool army, so as soon as they get enough money to finish the giant death robot i'm going to fly that robotic mofo over to your house and kill you (to death) if mess you mess with me
Ha ha haha! Damn reddish! I didn't know you were so funny!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:01 PM   #120
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by baphomet
O let us come together in praise of Rebecca, who has recieved the infallible word of Baigent, Leigh, and Lincoln; she who is truly an adept, and no longer blinded by opinion.
Oh my god,

I mean, oh my Baphomet, hah hah aha, you are so fucking intelligently funny! Wew! my sides are hurting,... huh,... big breath... okay, I'm good.

Wew!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: