Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
stinkfish's Avatar stinkfish
02-13-2007, 04:01 AM

I don't give a shit about the grammys and I haven't heard wolfmothers song, but in all honestly, Vicarious doesn't deserve any award. The package does, however.

Also when we're quoting maynard saying he prefers selling art over his face, why don't we spice it up a lil by linking to his puscifer store where he is selling piles of shit ridiculously over priced. I surely haven't seen wolfmother do that, heck, haven't even seen timberlake selling target shots for 100 bucks a piece. what a joke.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:01 AM   #241
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 21
Re: Tool Nominated for 2 Grammy Awards (WON Best Recording Package)

I don't give a shit about the grammys and I haven't heard wolfmothers song, but in all honestly, Vicarious doesn't deserve any award. The package does, however.

Also when we're quoting maynard saying he prefers selling art over his face, why don't we spice it up a lil by linking to his puscifer store where he is selling piles of shit ridiculously over priced. I surely haven't seen wolfmother do that, heck, haven't even seen timberlake selling target shots for 100 bucks a piece. what a joke.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
stinkfish's Avatar stinkfish
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Worm View Post
i don't hate wolfmother, but they contribute jackshit to the music industry. they are just playing generic rock that has been spewed out already over and over. i can't comprehend how such an empty song such as 'woman' could win over a song such as 'vicarious' with intelligent social commentary. oh well
I cringed when I read that, especially the last part...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #242
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 21
Re: Tool won the Grammy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Worm View Post
i don't hate wolfmother, but they contribute jackshit to the music industry. they are just playing generic rock that has been spewed out already over and over. i can't comprehend how such an empty song such as 'woman' could win over a song such as 'vicarious' with intelligent social commentary. oh well
I cringed when I read that, especially the last part...
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
02-13-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA View Post
No. I would like Tool to be acknowledged as amazing. And I thought this was a possible opportunity. It isn't about me - it is about THEM. Just occasionally - I think it would be cool to hear that the world 'gets it' but I guess they don't.
The Grammys does not represent the world listening public as much as it represents the effectiveness of expensive and very calculated marketing. If the world "got" whatever you're hoping them to understand, every single Tool album would sell 14 million copies, and then they'd be nominated for Best Album. As it is, they got nominated for "best hard rock performance" which is something that doesn't even get televised in the States (I don't think) It's like the Oscars they give to the sound engineers and camera crews at some hotel ballroom the night before the show, then mention in passing before the montage of dead people.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #243
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenA View Post
No. I would like Tool to be acknowledged as amazing. And I thought this was a possible opportunity. It isn't about me - it is about THEM. Just occasionally - I think it would be cool to hear that the world 'gets it' but I guess they don't.
The Grammys does not represent the world listening public as much as it represents the effectiveness of expensive and very calculated marketing. If the world "got" whatever you're hoping them to understand, every single Tool album would sell 14 million copies, and then they'd be nominated for Best Album. As it is, they got nominated for "best hard rock performance" which is something that doesn't even get televised in the States (I don't think) It's like the Oscars they give to the sound engineers and camera crews at some hotel ballroom the night before the show, then mention in passing before the montage of dead people.
hobblegobble's Avatar hobblegobble
02-13-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish View Post

Completely agree with you. I thought I'd try a bottle of his wine, but at 80 bucks a pop I dont think so. I'm sure it tastes like any 10 dollar bottle of wine out there anyways. How ridiculous! A good way to keep the small ones away. Selfish....
Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #244
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 906

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish View Post

Completely agree with you. I thought I'd try a bottle of his wine, but at 80 bucks a pop I dont think so. I'm sure it tastes like any 10 dollar bottle of wine out there anyways. How ridiculous! A good way to keep the small ones away. Selfish....
ZeroPointEther's Avatar ZeroPointEther
02-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatorin View Post
yeah.......tool just loves the grammys!
haha I like your signature.

I'm 27. Saturn is about to "ascend" and I'm shitting my pants :s
Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #245
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132
Re: Adam wins Grammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatorin View Post
yeah.......tool just loves the grammys!
haha I like your signature.

I'm 27. Saturn is about to "ascend" and I'm shitting my pants :s
BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
02-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Simply put, anyone that thinks that Tool is simply 'another product' is both accurate and yet deluded.

With the talent is possessed by them they could achieve more or less any level of public notoriety they choose to. The write the type of music and lyrics that they do by design, not because the studio tells them to. Like they've said on more than one occasion, eventually the studios/producers learned that they were just going to "do it their way" - they record the music they want to record. And funny enough, it's still good enough to sell millions of copies without having to be plastered all over someone's television.

They are a product. But they are their own product, not some exec's.

Self-affirming? Oxymoronic. We are all one mind
Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #246
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Simply put, anyone that thinks that Tool is simply 'another product' is both accurate and yet deluded.

With the talent is possessed by them they could achieve more or less any level of public notoriety they choose to. The write the type of music and lyrics that they do by design, not because the studio tells them to. Like they've said on more than one occasion, eventually the studios/producers learned that they were just going to "do it their way" - they record the music they want to record. And funny enough, it's still good enough to sell millions of copies without having to be plastered all over someone's television.

They are a product. But they are their own product, not some exec's.

BlanketEffect's Avatar BlanketEffect
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
It's just a stupid empty award people.....fucking christ....

Are you upset because you wanted Tool to go up and say four cryptic words into the mic, and Wolfmother robbed that from you? They thanked Satan already...move on....

Half of you would start calling Tool sell-outs if they won more Grammys.
*falls over laughing*

Sigh, in all honesty I would have liked them to win, if for nothing else maybe from the extra 50,000 copies it would promote them selling one person that bought it would get it.

Hey man, the execs get rich, Tool gets rich, a few people start down the path towards enlightnment, and the inattentive still have a CD full of top notch music to jam out to. Everyone wins! BUY MY NEW RECORD! SEND MORE MONEY!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #247
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
It's just a stupid empty award people.....fucking christ....

Are you upset because you wanted Tool to go up and say four cryptic words into the mic, and Wolfmother robbed that from you? They thanked Satan already...move on....

Half of you would start calling Tool sell-outs if they won more Grammys.
*falls over laughing*

Sigh, in all honesty I would have liked them to win, if for nothing else maybe from the extra 50,000 copies it would promote them selling one person that bought it would get it.

Hey man, the execs get rich, Tool gets rich, a few people start down the path towards enlightnment, and the inattentive still have a CD full of top notch music to jam out to. Everyone wins! BUY MY NEW RECORD! SEND MORE MONEY!

Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
02-14-2007, 01:10 AM

i love wolfmother. great band, pretty good live too. nice light music to listen too...

when the fuck did they become hard rock???

doesnt suprise me they won, they'v good music accessable to every retard... tool's music is so much better, but its too... well, for lack of a word not cliche, deep. I dont have much respect for the masses, so excuse me for my arrogance... but people are largely too thick. Cant say at all its any suprise.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #248
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

i love wolfmother. great band, pretty good live too. nice light music to listen too...

when the fuck did they become hard rock???

doesnt suprise me they won, they'v good music accessable to every retard... tool's music is so much better, but its too... well, for lack of a word not cliche, deep. I dont have much respect for the masses, so excuse me for my arrogance... but people are largely too thick. Cant say at all its any suprise.
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
02-14-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
wolfmother . . .
Quoted for truth. I don't know why it would surprise me or bother me that Vicarious/Tool wouldn't win. It's more like confirmation that Tool is doing something right and original not meant, but hoped, for mass consumption.

Has King Crimson ever won a grammy? I honestly don't know, but seriously doubt it. I suppose I should be more surprised that Tool has ever won a Grammy.

What is a Grammy anyway? I mean, what's the signifigance? Who's voting? If record sales factored into my respect/love for a band's music, I'd be on the Michael Jackson opinion page.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #249
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luosdasa View Post
wolfmother . . .
Quoted for truth. I don't know why it would surprise me or bother me that Vicarious/Tool wouldn't win. It's more like confirmation that Tool is doing something right and original not meant, but hoped, for mass consumption.

Has King Crimson ever won a grammy? I honestly don't know, but seriously doubt it. I suppose I should be more surprised that Tool has ever won a Grammy.

What is a Grammy anyway? I mean, what's the signifigance? Who's voting? If record sales factored into my respect/love for a band's music, I'd be on the Michael Jackson opinion page.
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Wolfmother is awesome. Tool is better, but they're sort of a band you have to get used to. Wolfmother is just hitting their prime, and they're more accessible for the next generation. But no, Wolfmother isn't metal or hard rock. Just go look on wikipedia.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #250
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Wolfmother is awesome. Tool is better, but they're sort of a band you have to get used to. Wolfmother is just hitting their prime, and they're more accessible for the next generation. But no, Wolfmother isn't metal or hard rock. Just go look on wikipedia.
02-21-2007, 01:49 AM

I found this on another forum, but could you confirm it's NOT from Ferbruary 11th 2007 ceremony to me as they played on 10th and 12th ?
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8...rgrammygu7.jpg

Also from which ceremony may this come from ?
Edit : Ok, it seems to come from 2001 ceremony, as they win with Schism...

Last edited by Mark; 02-21-2007 at 02:02 AM..
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 AM   #251
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I found this on another forum, but could you confirm it's NOT from Ferbruary 11th 2007 ceremony to me as they played on 10th and 12th ?
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8...rgrammygu7.jpg

Also from which ceremony may this come from ?
Edit : Ok, it seems to come from 2001 ceremony, as they win with Schism...

Last edited by Mark; 02-21-2007 at 02:02 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply