opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #3481
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhouse View Post
you know Maynard these days HE HAD A LOT OF NOTHING TO SAY !!!
Well played...
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #3482
Level 4 - Thinker

What time fo you think TOOL will actually take the stage in Tulsa? I am driving in from KC, and don't want to be in a hurry to see an opener, but in no way want to miss any of the real set.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM   #3483
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Tool will probably take the stage around 8:30pm in Tulsa. The ticket says 8pm and doors open at 7:30pm.

I'm gonna stuff my face with pizza at Mazzios and smoke the ganja on the ride to the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #3484
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

tool usually takes the stage at 9 religiously. at least every time i've seen them that is.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #3485

Well my plans fell through and I'm not going to be able to make the New Orleans show. That being said, anyone like me who was waiting for good seats to open up....now is your time. There are some excellent seats available right now... http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B...&minorcatid=60

Good luck and hope everyone lucky enough to see them this tour has a kickass time....you lucky sons of bitches!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeBlaylock View Post
Question. For those of you who have seen any of the shows this tour where they've projected the video onto the top of the stage, and have had seats in the stands, how many rows up do you think you have to be in order to start seeing the top of the stage? I'm only four rows up, but i'm beside and in front of the stage, probably at a 45 degree angle... just hoping they're decent seats (I imagine they'd be pretty awesome). Thanks.
I think from 4 rows up you would not be able to see the stage as well as I would like, because it seems like a glare over the whole thing around that area, atleast it did when I was 4 rows up with pretty much the closest seat to front side of the stage possible.
I would guess a good view of the stage comes from about midway up the lowest "upper level" seats. I would definitely recommend going for seats with a good view of the stage for this tour, the projections on the stage and overall really impressed me in Austin, and I've seen quite a few shows from this tour.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #3487
Level 8 - Vociferous

So for Houstin I'm thinking:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
(maybe Lost Keys)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood

Wings I & II
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #3488
Level 2 - Poster

Hello everyone, long time fan here...

...tomorrow Nov 17 is going to be my first time ever seeing Tool...

...should i expect to have my brain melted by the euphoric sounds? or what...

P.S. - I hope (x300) we get flood.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 AM   #3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
Hello everyone, long time fan here...

...tomorrow Nov 17 is going to be my first time ever seeing Tool...

...should i expect to have my brain melted by the euphoric sounds? or what...

P.S. - I hope (x300) we get flood.
If you're lucky your brain slowly melts away....most just explode and are never the same. If you get Flood it may get messy. Either way it's worth it.

My first show a few years ago I was really fucking sick. Slept basically all day, and had a bucket ready in the car ride up just in case. Felt like death throughout Fantomas. Tool came on and it all went away. Even my immune system recognized how amazing the show was.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #3490
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDieselFiesta View Post
tool usually takes the stage at 9 religiously. at least every time i've seen them that is.
Exactly 9pm at both the Austin and Houston shows. Trans Am played 8-8:30. Be sure to check them out, they were pretty good.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #3491
Level 2 - Poster

awesome... today's the day.... can't wait!

I-10 is closed, gg. DETOUR MODE ENGAGE!

(Anyone else going to the New Orleans show tonight?)
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #3492
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
awesome... today's the day.... can't wait!

I-10 is closed, gg. DETOUR MODE ENGAGE!

(Anyone else going to the New Orleans show tonight?)
I'll be there... but luckily I'm in Baton Rouge so iI don't have to worry about detour... Can't wait!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #3493
Level 2 - Poster

Sweet ;-), what kinda seats you got?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #3494
Level 4 - Thinker

Section 101 Row 19... what about you? I actually have 1 ticket I'm trying to sell if you know anybody who wants it
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #3495
Level 2 - Poster

Wow, thats pretty cool, but really REALLY short notice, were in 315 (>,<)
How much were you going to sell that ticket for?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #3496
Level 4 - Thinker

$70
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #3497
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

A friend of mine just got floor tickets to the New Orleans show tonight at ticketmaster. If anyone wants floor tickets they apparently released some this afternoon.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #3498

Bincount™: 2

Regarding the Vegas show, is there a free shuttle from the airport to the Palms Hotel?
What's gonna be the cheapest way from the airport to The Pearl or nearby, cab?
Thanks.

Enjoy tonight's show!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM   #3499
Level 3 - Talker

So, would anyone have an idea where to get tour shirts from the last tour?

I wanna get one but $40 was ridiculous. I was wondering if they've popped up somewhere for cheaper
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-17-2007, 06:20 PM   #3500
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

did maynard scream at the end of vicarious in the recent shows? or did he just point the mic to the audience during that part?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #3501
Level 8 - Vociferous

Well, the New Orleans thread is still closed so someone PLEASE post a setlist here. I need my ususal fix of repetition and mediocrity.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 AM   #3502
Level 4 - Thinker

ok...fuck this, I am a huge tool fan but even tool can do something dumb. Everyone just says oh put up with it, don't go to the show. I want to go to the shows, but how can I spend so much money on something I've already seen. I been to 4 shows this tour and all of them have been pretty much the same. Its really starting to make little to no sense. If its the 10,000 days tour then how come they don't play the pot and RiT as well as the others every show? How can someone who dressed up as a woman, the blue man, and a dude in black leather just wear jeans and a t-shirt every show? let me show you exactly what has happned. these are songs not played on this tour, INTOLERANCE, PRISON SEX, BOTTOM, CRAWL AWAY, UNDERTOW, 4 DEGREES, HUSH, COLD AND UGLY, SWEAT, PART OF ME, JERK-OFF, EULOGY, H-(unforgivable not to play it), HOOKER, JIMMY, THIRD EYE, THE GRUDGE, PARABOLA, REFLECTION, INTENSION

swamp song they played once even though it is the worst tool song, opiate and patient a few times as well as sober. pot and rit should be every show. so you're telling me that this makes sense in 1 1/2 years of touring. you don't think tool knows it has a deep dedicated fan base that sees them more than once? what moron said 2% travel to see them? read how many ppl have seen them more than once this "tour". just stop suckin maynards dick (another song not played) and realize that they are cashing in on all the noobs. fuck the stage, fuck the cowboy hat and fake mohawk...thats right...a photo on the website showed him bald while they were touring, and fuck this ripping ppl off, tool, you have become what u hate. my rant is now over, I love you tool, but you are fucked up right now, that is all.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #3503
Level 2 - Poster

Jambi
Stinkfist - extended
46+2
schism
-ions (!!!!)
rosettastoned
wings
10000days
lateralus - extended
vicarious

Did i forget anything?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #3504
Level 3 - Talker

Lol at people getting excited about Ions it's just 15 seconds of bug zapper noise between songs
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #3505
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
ok...fuck this, I am a huge tool fan but even tool can do something dumb. Everyone just says oh put up with it, don't go to the show. I want to go to the shows, but how can I spend so much money on something I've already seen. I been to 4 shows this tour and all of them have been pretty much the same. Its really starting to make little to no sense. If its the 10,000 days tour then how come they don't play the pot and RiT as well as the others every show? How can someone who dressed up as a woman, the blue man, and a dude in black leather just wear jeans and a t-shirt every show? let me show you exactly what has happned. these are songs not played on this tour, INTOLERANCE, PRISON SEX, BOTTOM, CRAWL AWAY, UNDERTOW, 4 DEGREES, HUSH, COLD AND UGLY, SWEAT, PART OF ME, JERK-OFF, EULOGY, H-(unforgivable not to play it), HOOKER, JIMMY, THIRD EYE, THE GRUDGE, PARABOLA, REFLECTION, INTENSION

swamp song they played once even though it is the worst tool song, opiate and patient a few times as well as sober. pot and rit should be every show. so you're telling me that this makes sense in 1 1/2 years of touring. you don't think tool knows it has a deep dedicated fan base that sees them more than once? what moron said 2% travel to see them? read how many ppl have seen them more than once this "tour". just stop suckin maynards dick (another song not played) and realize that they are cashing in on all the noobs. fuck the stage, fuck the cowboy hat and fake mohawk...thats right...a photo on the website showed him bald while they were touring, and fuck this ripping ppl off, tool, you have become what u hate. my rant is now over, I love you tool, but you are fucked up right now, that is all.
They play Wings 1&2 at most shows now. That's their epic off 10,000 Days, much like D.R.T was off Lateralus. Wings is the feature song for this tour. Your argument had a lot more merit when they weren't actually playing this particular composition.

I understand the frustration of not bringing older songs into the set. But as long as they play Wings (which they have not always done- especially for the festival shows) then 10,000 Days is well represented. I feel lucky to see them perform it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:17 AM   #3506
Level 7 - Loquacious

Why do people bitch about the setlist being the same and then continue to go to multiple shows? It should be obvious by now that Tool will play the same set comprised of new material with the occasional song rotated in. They aren't a jam band. I've seen a 5 or 6 shows on this tour and have no complaints. I was in the moment, enjoying the music and the production and let the band play what they want. Out of those shows, I saw a rotation of Flood, Pushit and Right in Two and the rest was the same. I knew what I was getting and enjoyed it. The band doesn't rotate sets, never have, never will. Can we get off this now?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:27 AM   #3507
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

wtf dude, swamp song the worst song?? 1 1/2 years?? people have been dedicated way longer than that, its about the message and experiance, i think its even better they dont differ from there set cause sooo many people complain about it, that is what makes TOOL. you go for the moment and the inspiration and the connection, not to go home and bitch about what songs they didnt play. go put in you no dought cd and whack off with your mom.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 AM   #3508
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Seriously, Tool doesn't give a shit about you. You're right, it doesn't make sense to go to multiple shows as the sets will be the same. I'm glad you figured that out the by fourth time seeing them. As far as the band screwing up, the audience at large doesn't seem to mind. They are a year and half into the tour and still playing to packed arenas. The hardcore fanbase of a couple hundred on a message board bitching about the setlist obviously isn't hurting attendance and I haven't heard any booing at any of the shows I've been at. As far as what the band wears? Not really a reason to buy a ticket. Better off going to a fashion show. So basically, you need to stop before you pay for your fifth show and realize it's the same set again. At least you are learning.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #3509

Just one day til the Tulsa show!

I can't wait for Flood & Vicarious!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #3510
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelev View Post
bubba says you gonna have a good time
Haha, awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1DA View Post
I think from 4 rows up you would not be able to see the stage as well as I would like, because it seems like a glare over the whole thing around that area, atleast it did when I was 4 rows up with pretty much the closest seat to front side of the stage possible.
I would guess a good view of the stage comes from about midway up the lowest "upper level" seats. I would definitely recommend going for seats with a good view of the stage for this tour, the projections on the stage and overall really impressed me in Austin, and I've seen quite a few shows from this tour.
Thanks for the help. Yeah, in hindsight, I suppose I could have concentrated on getting higher-up seats. My main concern is the audio actually. I just thought that catching at least a fraction of the effect of the 'top' visuals would be a nice bonus. Either way; cannot fecking wait.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #3511
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
The band doesn't rotate sets, never have, never will. Can we get off this now?
i beg to differ. look at the LA palladium march 1998 shows, they made a point of playing two entirely different sets. of course it was 10 years ago but that was when i first started getting into the band, and it helped that they played different shows back then.

tool seems to have changed in that their video and laser / lighting presentation is so tied into the music this tour that they are not deviating in their setlist yet. did you read the relix article, the peak of the show is during wings where the backdrop is revealed and lasers emerge. a full realization of music, lyrics and visual display.

i'm seeing two shows this tour and will enjoy them for what they are, but i do remember the tool who used to switch songs now and again.
3.1.97 - 7.11.97 - 7.3.98 - 8.15.01 - 11.24.02 - 4.30.06 - 9.7.06 - 9.8.06 - 7.14.07 - 12.10.07 - 12.14.07 - 8.22.09 - 7.18.10 - 7.19.10 - 3.12.14 - 3.16.14 - 10.31.15 - 1.9.16 - 6.17.17 - 10.20.19 - 10.21.19
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #3512
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Actually, during their performance in Katowice last August, that backdrop was revealed in the middle of Jambi, when things get intense after the "...I might as well be gone" part. Also, I'm not sure where I read this, but apparently much of their visuals are NOT locked into a timecode with the music, in other words, different clips can be added in/removed on the fly. However, I'm sure that's a stretch and yes, they do seem to be fairly concerned with sticking to the system that is at this point probably TOO perfected.

It can be frustrating because we love their music so much, to the point where we get selfish: "fuck, if they're THIS amazing and THIS tight, why can't they take things a step further and remaster some of their other stuff and throw it into the mix too?". Of course this would be a good thing, there's no denying that. However, could they possibly sound more bloody AWESOME, with the songs they ARE playing, all of which I really enjoy anyway. Sure they played [insert song here] during this or that past tour, but they also didn't play such kickass songs as Jambi. Lateralus sounds better this tour than the last tour. Just trying to dwell on the positives here.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #3513
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFF0RD6
tool seems to have changed in that their video and laser / lighting presentation is so tied into the music this tour that they are not deviating in their setlist yet.
Lighting, Video, and Lasers are no more tied to the music than they have ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeBlaylock View Post
Also, I'm not sure where I read this, but apparently much of their visuals are NOT locked into a timecode with the music, in other words, different clips can be added in/removed on the fly. However, I'm sure that's a stretch and yes, they do seem to be fairly concerned with sticking to the system that is at this point probably TOO perfected.
You are correct that the visuals are not locked in to a timecode, because the band do not use a click track. All of the production aspects of the show are operated completely by humans, and are very changeable.

I think the only reason for sticking to roughly the same setlist is that the band like the flow of it and feel that they've put together a list that works quite well. It has absolutely nothing to do with the show production forcing the order.
They certainly might play around with it if they think they might be able to make it better, but I think for now they like it the way it is.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #3514
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreal View Post
wtf dude, swamp song the worst song?? 1 1/2 years?? people have been dedicated way longer than that, its about the message and experiance, i think its even better they dont differ from there set cause sooo many people complain about it, that is what makes TOOL. you go for the moment and the inspiration and the connection, not to go home and bitch about what songs they didnt play. go put in you no dought cd and whack off with your mom.
I don't even know what to say, all you're misspellings and words like dought (doubt) I am guessing, took care of it for me.you must be 8 yrs old.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #3515
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
Seriously, Tool doesn't give a shit about you. You're right, it doesn't make sense to go to multiple shows as the sets will be the same. I'm glad you figured that out the by fourth time seeing them. As far as the band screwing up, the audience at large doesn't seem to mind. They are a year and half into the tour and still playing to packed arenas. The hardcore fanbase of a couple hundred on a message board bitching about the setlist obviously isn't hurting attendance and I haven't heard any booing at any of the shows I've been at. As far as what the band wears? Not really a reason to buy a ticket. Better off going to a fashion show. So basically, you need to stop before you pay for your fifth show and realize it's the same set again. At least you are learning.
where did I say tool gives a shit about me? please..let me know. you pretty much backed my post and you didn't even mean to. and for the record I went to the orpheum show with terrible sound...tweeter which was pretty badass, manchester few days later but same show, then tweeter again with even worse sound and got 2 diff songs!! whoopdy do. they are playing packed arenas cause all of the noobs like i said. couple hundred dedicated fans??? how many ppl are on this forum?? I pointed out what he is wearing because there usually is a point to it, can't figure it out this time. I love how ppl online act like they're tough, face to face you fucks wouldn't say shit to me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #3516

Quote:
where did I say tool gives a shit about me? please..let me know. you pretty much backed my post and you didn't even mean to. and for the record I went to the orpheum show with terrible sound...tweeter which was pretty badass, manchester few days later but same show, then tweeter again with even worse sound and got 2 diff songs!! whoopdy do. they are playing packed arenas cause all of the noobs like i said. couple hundred dedicated fans??? how many ppl are on this forum?? I pointed out what he is wearing because there usually is a point to it, can't figure it out this time. I love how ppl online act like they're tough, face to face you fucks wouldn't say shit to me.
You shouldn't be listening to Tool. Perhaps give someone like Atreyu a listen, eh? Might be more up your alley. lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #3517
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damani311 View Post
Lol at people getting excited about Ions it's just 15 seconds of bug zapper noise between songs
that is one of the most intelligent things i've read on this board for a while =)
Old 11-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #3518
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I don't even know what to say, all you're misspellings and words like dought (doubt) I am guessing, took care of it for me.you must be 8 yrs old.
the pussiest way to attempt, on this board, to win an argument or to rebut the same is to point out the other's spelling errors. What are you?? The self-appointed dictionary on tdn???

other than that, your original post had a point, though I disagreed with it when I read it.

and btw, should be "your misspellings" not "you're misspellings" since chunga--whether as a handle, a persona, or a natural person--cannot not be misspellings.

great, now i've lowered myself to your level.

Last edited by godhenry; 11-18-2007 at 10:52 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #3519
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Seems like a bunch of 13 yr olds have infiltrated these boards! Not that I wasn't 13 at some point. But stop with all the emo-serious BS pls. We are just talking about a band here after all.

Actually, some of us are talking about a major party before/after that last show in Vegas, involving the killing of many beers-

Can I get a shout out from my peeps??? :D
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #3520
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Seems like a bunch of 13 yr olds have infiltrated these boards! Not that I wasn't 13 at some point. But stop with all the emo-serious BS pls. We are just talking about a band here after all.

Actually, some of us are talking about a major party before/after that last show in Vegas, involving the killing of many beers-

Can I get a shout out from my peeps??? :D
*sigh* only if i didn't have a final on the 15th.

Tool needs to stop scheduling their shows during my finals!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: