opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Sober
User Name
Password
Old 09-02-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 84
Pandora's Box

I watched the video just now and I've watched it before as well. When we see the box at first, we see that it is tied shut with rope. Maybe signifying that he isn't supposed to open it, as if someone had bade him not to. Perhaps his own curiosity got the best of him and so he opens it. Now, most of you have probably heard the story of Pandora who was given a box/chest and told by the gods not to open it. Her own curiosity forced her to open it and therefore all of the evils were released. Quickly, she tries to shut the box. One good thing is left behind, Hope. Maybe when the creature in the video opens it he is afraid because he seems to peer out into the hall and is peering out the door. He tied the box back up. I'm not sure about this theory, but I believe that it could be possible. If anyone cares to prove me wrong or elaborate on this, please feel free.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 15
Re: Pandora's Box

I really have no clue but thats a good hunch. I saw the video for teh first time yesterday so I couldnt say.

"hats coming through is a lie, Whats holding up is a mirror, Whats singing songs is a snake, Looking to turn my piss to wine, There both totally born of hate, Killing me just the same, The snake behind me hisses what my damage should have, My blood before me begs me open up my heart again, and I feel this comin over like a storm again now concederatly"
Old 09-17-2004, 11:34 PM   #3

Bincount™: 9

Best theory I've heard for a while. One guy tried to tell me it was a box of condoms and that the guy ini the video was a catholic struggling with his own doubts after he see's wahts inside it and then fucks himself up etc... Kinda weird but almost makes sense in a fucked up way.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:02 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Its the best theory that i've heard so far and i can see the it making sense, an no it was not a box of condoms ( great guess), an the video does portay the box as a danger
Old 03-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

i just saw the video couple of days ago and thats the best therory i heard so far
well im bill barnes and im the extectutive director to the ba ba ba ba bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrnnnnneeeesssssss ems ems ems zabillarns i like to make the history come alive to t he people that come bahhhhhhy meeeeeeeeee
Old 11-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

I don't know...
when he opens the box he starts seeing things...
i'm guessing it reprisents his choice not to be sober
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #7
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173

[QUOTE=CrownOfNegativity;387390]I watched the video just now and I've watched it before as well. When we see the box at first, we see that it is tied shut with rope. Maybe signifying that he isn't supposed to open it, as if someone had bade him not to. Perhaps his own curiosity got the best of him and so he opens it. Now, most of you have probably heard the story of Pandora who was given a box/chest and told by the gods not to open it. Her own curiosity forced her to open it and therefore all of the evils were released. Quickly, she tries to shut the box. One good thing is left behind, Hope. Maybe when the creature in the video opens it he is afraid because he seems to peer out into the hall and is peering out the door. He tied the box back up. I'm not sure about this theory, but I believe that it could be possible. If anyone cares to prove me wrong or elaborate on this, please feel free.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure thats what it is.

i believe the song to be about how we are drunk with religion. no one is looking for answers and stuff anymore, etc. etc..... i'm sure you get it.

anyways, that would make sense to me that he would have opened the pandora's box.
he starts seeing things he never saw after that if you notice.
all the traps and empty places.... he discovers whats behind the scenes.

i think that is a beautiful piece of art.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Location: Somewhere Far Below The Mines Of The Superstition Mountains

I dunno if u guys heard this but I recently saw an interview on youtube with Maynard and he said that whenever Adam's making a video he goes by wut the music means to him not necasarily the words so maybe it is something to do with pandoras box and it has nothing to do with alcohal or drugs at all....who knows except Adam?
Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 5441

i always figured it's about drug addiction. i don't interpret all of their songs in drug terms but altered states of consciousness are a major theme in their music, i think.

the end.
"Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion."
-Bruce Lee

Last edited by morgoth's shadow; 06-20-2007 at 12:19 PM..
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

maybe this video is about someone getting really drunk and they start seeing things

and maybe the box he opens has some alcohol in it and he closed because he had enough

7/12/07 tweeter center

7/18/07 pnc banks art center
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

heh, i always joked that it was his stash. pandora's box is a more acceptable interpretation though.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

all in all that is a really good theory, i'm quite impressed, but right now we're probably doing exactly what was intended...analyzing the hell out of this when really they maybe just wanted to make us wonder what the hell was in the box. damn i wish i knew what the hell was in that box...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

He ties the box back up and re-hides it under his floorboards (apparently every time he indulges)-- almost like most people feel like quitting drinking when they are hungover, yet with time they are tempted to drink again. He writes in bed, like some sort of withdrawal, and eventually pulls out the precious box and cuts it open again.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

I think Adam Jones just took a bunch of acid and came up with the theory of a man in a house that also is a meat factory.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Pandoras box...maybe. it kind of makes me think "indulge, and be prepared for the iminent reaction" "ask only if you are ready for the answer". nothing was happening before the box was opened. he just looked sad, shitty, alone, and decrepid. But then the box is opened and his shitty existence has some purpose, he might have some answers as to "why" even if the answer is a fucked one.
maybe it is a box of condoms........yeah.........I'm leaning towards condoms.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

[QUOTE=revolve;2166915]Pandoras box...maybe. it kind of makes me think "indulge, and be prepared for the iminent reaction" "ask only if you are ready for the answer". nothing was happening before the box was opened. he just looked sad, shitty, alone, and decrepid. But then the box is opened and his shitty existence has some purpose, he might have some answers as to "why" even if the answer is a fucked one.
maybe it is a box of condoms........yeah.........I'm leaning towards condoms.[/QUOTE]

Lol
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
Level 3 - Talker

^Goddammit.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

probably the best theory about sober's music video.
ONLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

And the pipes are Pandora's plumbing?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=Mesiah?;472915]i just saw the video couple of days ago and thats the best therory i heard so far[/QUOTE]

I must agree

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: