Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Rockwool_inhaler
04-29-2015, 07:53 AM

Alrighty then, I'm guessing that my question is rather an philosophical than a musical aproach to the song..
Has to any of here occured that rosetta stoned tries to mimic heartbeat sequences?
If you listen to the drums/bass breakdown in the middle of the song, the bass drum is literally heart-sounding.
I don't really know how to interpret this nor I'm going somewhere specific with this, it is just an observation I thought I'd share.
Any thoughts that could broaden the field of understanding around this thought are much welcome and appreciated.
Thanks for your time everybody!!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Rosetta Stoned breakdown/emulating heartbeat.

Alrighty then, I'm guessing that my question is rather an philosophical than a musical aproach to the song..
Has to any of here occured that rosetta stoned tries to mimic heartbeat sequences?
If you listen to the drums/bass breakdown in the middle of the song, the bass drum is literally heart-sounding.
I don't really know how to interpret this nor I'm going somewhere specific with this, it is just an observation I thought I'd share.
Any thoughts that could broaden the field of understanding around this thought are much welcome and appreciated.
Thanks for your time everybody!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
base metal's Avatar base metal
04-30-2015, 07:07 AM

I imagine it as being the alien encounter/subject falling into a trance. I suppose his heart would be ticking pretty good.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198
Re: Rosetta Stoned breakdown/emulating heartbeat.

I imagine it as being the alien encounter/subject falling into a trance. I suppose his heart would be ticking pretty good.
Rockwool_inhaler
05-03-2015, 03:09 PM

It strucks me a little more like a ritual, wouldn't be surprised if Danny used 4 sticks-1 pair together for each hand- for this one -11:11.
Assuming that Danny is into sacred geometry, Crowley's work and who knows what more, maybe someone that has reached into these fields could come up with a reasonable answer..

Last edited by Rockwool_inhaler; 05-03-2015 at 03:11 PM..
Old 05-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

It strucks me a little more like a ritual, wouldn't be surprised if Danny used 4 sticks-1 pair together for each hand- for this one -11:11.
Assuming that Danny is into sacred geometry, Crowley's work and who knows what more, maybe someone that has reached into these fields could come up with a reasonable answer..

Last edited by Rockwool_inhaler; 05-03-2015 at 03:11 PM..
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 05:16 AM

I know it's a little ironic that I ask for explanations over these things, considering that some people involved in this song could be related to masonry and/or satanic rituals etc.
From a little research that I did, I found that Crowley had a knack for satanic rituals(A 33rd degree mason himself), and-I don't know if this is of any importance-I noticed a scorpio on a Golden Dawn car (Greece) and I'm curious if this has anything to do with Maynards spine tattoo.
I really like the music, I just know that sometimes things are nothing like they seem so that's where the scepticism kicks in.
For all I know, If Tool are proven to be masons I may as well become a monkey.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:16 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

I know it's a little ironic that I ask for explanations over these things, considering that some people involved in this song could be related to masonry and/or satanic rituals etc.
From a little research that I did, I found that Crowley had a knack for satanic rituals(A 33rd degree mason himself), and-I don't know if this is of any importance-I noticed a scorpio on a Golden Dawn car (Greece) and I'm curious if this has anything to do with Maynards spine tattoo.
I really like the music, I just know that sometimes things are nothing like they seem so that's where the scepticism kicks in.
For all I know, If Tool are proven to be masons I may as well become a monkey.
Malaclypse
05-24-2015, 07:23 AM

whats so bad about being a mason? i have a great uncle who used to be one. danny's father was one (if i recall correctly). during the civil war, opposing masons on the battlefield would help heal each other after battle. its just a brotherhood. a fraternity. there is nothing innately evil with it.

i highly doubt any Tool member is a mason or a member of A:-A:-

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
Banned.

whats so bad about being a mason? i have a great uncle who used to be one. danny's father was one (if i recall correctly). during the civil war, opposing masons on the battlefield would help heal each other after battle. its just a brotherhood. a fraternity. there is nothing innately evil with it.

i highly doubt any Tool member is a mason or a member of A:-A:-

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 07:25 AM..
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 08:08 AM

Ok, the point is not masonry exactly, if you read the original post.By the way I am very sceptical over the whole masonry thing, to me it's a big blanket for people with power(political, economical) to make their ways over whole nations underneath.
Music should not be religion-related -It is a religion by itself- and masonry is involved with satan, right?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Ok, the point is not masonry exactly, if you read the original post.By the way I am very sceptical over the whole masonry thing, to me it's a big blanket for people with power(political, economical) to make their ways over whole nations underneath.
Music should not be religion-related -It is a religion by itself- and masonry is involved with satan, right?
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-24-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwool_inhaler View Post
LOL I don't think so. My step father is a Mason and I know that he wouldn't want anything to do with Satan.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
LOL I don't think so. My step father is a Mason and I know that he wouldn't want anything to do with Satan.
Malaclypse
05-24-2015, 09:29 AM

no thats a myth. in masonry you have to prove your loyalty to a serious church in order to get in. it doesnt have to be christ, but if you said you worship satan, theyd figure you either really do or you arent taking it seriously, and you either wouldn't join or make it past the first step.

i agree that its just another power structure that can be used for control, but it has other purposes too. that seems to be a pattern with most religion based groups. ex: the bible has some useful proverbs, but also some pretty fucking hateful shit in places.

i wouldnt criticize the group, but maybe some of the people in it.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 09:34 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 09:29 AM   #8
Banned.

no thats a myth. in masonry you have to prove your loyalty to a serious church in order to get in. it doesnt have to be christ, but if you said you worship satan, theyd figure you either really do or you arent taking it seriously, and you either wouldn't join or make it past the first step.

i agree that its just another power structure that can be used for control, but it has other purposes too. that seems to be a pattern with most religion based groups. ex: the bible has some useful proverbs, but also some pretty fucking hateful shit in places.

i wouldnt criticize the group, but maybe some of the people in it.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 09:34 AM..
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
From what I know, as in any situation, in freemasonry you go places based on who you are.
I believe that people who own banks for example, experience a whole different stage of freemasonry than civilians with common jobs.
Therefore a christian would have a much milder masonic experience than a satanist, considering all the rituals and symbols they are exposed to.And don't tell me that there are not satanic rituals going on; even in lower degrees.
If not, why the skulls and the dark rooms, and the pentagrams?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
From what I know, as in any situation, in freemasonry you go places based on who you are.
I believe that people who own banks for example, experience a whole different stage of freemasonry than civilians with common jobs.
Therefore a christian would have a much milder masonic experience than a satanist, considering all the rituals and symbols they are exposed to.And don't tell me that there are not satanic rituals going on; even in lower degrees.
If not, why the skulls and the dark rooms, and the pentagrams?
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 09:54 AM

Crowley had a goat nail his wife and while the goat was orgasmic he cut its throat.These are not things that I make up, these things Crowley wrote himself!
That's like christian stuff...
Bullshit...
Old 05-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Crowley had a goat nail his wife and while the goat was orgasmic he cut its throat.These are not things that I make up, these things Crowley wrote himself!
That's like christian stuff...
Bullshit...
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-24-2015, 10:02 AM

I think that today's Masons are way different than it was in the past.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #11
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

I think that today's Masons are way different than it was in the past.
J A G's Avatar J A G
05-24-2015, 10:12 AM

I think hellboy is a mason.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #12

Bincount™: 7676

Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 10:21 AM

I don't mean to disrespect you, honest from the heart, but there are billions who suffer from groups like the freemasons and their knack or paranoia if you will to gain power-that is sick ok?Maybe not your father, or step father or great uncle, but higher degree masons(bankers,economical fraud workers, mass media owners,politicians) are in fact fucking with us for years now..
I heard a rumor that Tool's new album will be named "Thelema" which is part of the teachings of some brotherhood as well.
Again, religion has nothing to do with music in my opinion.
Will be sad if I find out that the guys are sheep of some luciferian or satanic lodge.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

I don't mean to disrespect you, honest from the heart, but there are billions who suffer from groups like the freemasons and their knack or paranoia if you will to gain power-that is sick ok?Maybe not your father, or step father or great uncle, but higher degree masons(bankers,economical fraud workers, mass media owners,politicians) are in fact fucking with us for years now..
I heard a rumor that Tool's new album will be named "Thelema" which is part of the teachings of some brotherhood as well.
Again, religion has nothing to do with music in my opinion.
Will be sad if I find out that the guys are sheep of some luciferian or satanic lodge.
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
I think that a mason is not supposed to unveil any material about their activities.I think there is also a death sentence(very christian stuff as well!!)
Old 05-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I think that a mason is not supposed to unveil any material about their activities.I think there is also a death sentence(very christian stuff as well!!)
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 10:54 AM

I feel the need to point out that I don't just got here to talk shit about the band.I listen and enjoy their music a lot, and I have true respect for the balance they're able of achieving as far as sound goes, it is just that they are often found surrounded by all these boards and symbols, a ritualistic environment to begin with.
The fact that Rosetta Stoned is enclosing such an profoundly huge amount of potentially questionable information, 11-11 (which is also the bass drum pattern for that matter) is why I started my thread here.If any mods think that there is inapropriate subject talking here feel free to do whatever you want.
Number 11 is the number of Lucifer according to Mr. Crowley btw.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

I feel the need to point out that I don't just got here to talk shit about the band.I listen and enjoy their music a lot, and I have true respect for the balance they're able of achieving as far as sound goes, it is just that they are often found surrounded by all these boards and symbols, a ritualistic environment to begin with.
The fact that Rosetta Stoned is enclosing such an profoundly huge amount of potentially questionable information, 11-11 (which is also the bass drum pattern for that matter) is why I started my thread here.If any mods think that there is inapropriate subject talking here feel free to do whatever you want.
J A G's Avatar J A G
05-24-2015, 10:56 AM

I think you don't have the faintest fucking idea about what you're talking about.

You got a little diarrhea stain on the corner of your mouth. Get your shit together.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #16

Bincount™: 7676

I think you don't have the faintest fucking idea about what you're talking about.

You got a little diarrhea stain on the corner of your mouth. Get your shit together.
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:

Whatever..So this thelema shit and all the symbols behind Danny's kit are not related to any of this.11-11 is also coincidental too?Let me wipe the shit from my mouth so it won't get in your eyes while you're reading this ok?
Old 05-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Whatever..So this thelema shit and all the symbols behind Danny's kit are not related to any of this.11-11 is also coincidental too?Let me wipe the shit from my mouth so it won't get in your eyes while you're reading this ok?
Malaclypse
05-24-2015, 11:36 AM

well Crowley loved to fuck with people. he was a Prankster before Ken Kesey was even alive. (not literally one of the Merry Pranksters, im only using an analogy)
Tool loves to fuck with their fans too.
deduce what you will.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
Banned.

well Crowley loved to fuck with people. he was a Prankster before Ken Kesey was even alive. (not literally one of the Merry Pranksters, im only using an analogy)
Tool loves to fuck with their fans too.
deduce what you will.

Last edited by Malaclypse; 05-24-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 12:35 PM

My point is not accusing as much as questioning..the fact that some people are so aggressive towards my ignorance is weird though..Again, that is a band that I worship and I come from a place of plain interest.I sure leave open a possibility that all those symbolisms could be tool fucking with your head stuff
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

My point is not accusing as much as questioning..the fact that some people are so aggressive towards my ignorance is weird though..Again, that is a band that I worship and I come from a place of plain interest.I sure leave open a possibility that all those symbolisms could be tool fucking with your head stuff
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM

Btw the term "thelema" can be found in some lodge called O.T.O.
It is a hellenic word meaning "will".
Am I being unrealistic for pointing out things that are obviously at least questionable?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Btw the term "thelema" can be found in some lodge called O.T.O.
It is a hellenic word meaning "will".
Am I being unrealistic for pointing out things that are obviously at least questionable?
Rockwool_inhaler
05-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Still, if its just a joke then haha, I just got busted.Don't see why you'd refer to me this way J A G.Am I saying something that makes you uncomfortable in any way?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Still, if its just a joke then haha, I just got busted.Don't see why you'd refer to me this way J A G.Am I saying something that makes you uncomfortable in any way?
Rockwool_inhaler
06-27-2015, 04:47 AM

It is too bad though that thread got twisted around who thinks what of this and that.
All I originally wanted is to gain some knowledge about rituals and geometry- backround of this amazing jamming of the beating heart.
We can juxtapose about religious stuff and power structured societes, but no one cares about what I or someone else thinks about shit, this site is not about this.
For all the lodge talk and the band promoting religious(or whatever the fuck you call it) related stuff, I have to admit that it is a shitty hypothesis considering if they wanted to control they'd use guns rather than musical instruments.
Nevertheless quite a few people I know are numbing towards tool cause of their excessive use of symbols believing their deep into satanic stuff and so on.
I'm starting to think that there is meaning in what tool emit in a human way.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:47 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

It is too bad though that thread got twisted around who thinks what of this and that.
All I originally wanted is to gain some knowledge about rituals and geometry- backround of this amazing jamming of the beating heart.
We can juxtapose about religious stuff and power structured societes, but no one cares about what I or someone else thinks about shit, this site is not about this.
For all the lodge talk and the band promoting religious(or whatever the fuck you call it) related stuff, I have to admit that it is a shitty hypothesis considering if they wanted to control they'd use guns rather than musical instruments.
Nevertheless quite a few people I know are numbing towards tool cause of their excessive use of symbols believing their deep into satanic stuff and so on.
I'm starting to think that there is meaning in what tool emit in a human way.
T0D
08-04-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I feel the need to point out...
Ok. Satanists do not worship lucifer or practice black magic as satanists. There are an Atheistic religion that parodies Christianity and has roots in Nietzchian philosophy. They are closer to nihilism than anything religious. All rituals are for the sake of absurdity. Crowley mixed together all sorts of esoteric practices and philosophies. He was an occultist and dabbled in some really dark rituals. Like killing the goat and summoning and controlling demons. He wasn't a master at any of it. He was a great writer. His writing is beautiful. Lucifer is not Satan. Lucifer in Kabbalah is just a symbol. Not the dark lord who people worship. That satanic, satanists, dark lord crap is puritanical propaganda to scare you. All the myths and symbols of mysticism are related to internal alchemy. Ritual is about transformation. The whole point of learning anything esoteric is to practice it. You practice it in order to transform. In alchemy the symbol is lead into gold. Not literally making gold out of lead. This is stupid. Do not try to do this. It is transforming your own ignorance and confusion into clarity and wisdom. Spiritual Materialism is an error. But anyway, I'm not very educated in any of this occult stuff. I dont practice it or know any rituals, but have looked into it. And for Rossetta Stoned, Danny has mentioned that it is based on an experience had by Bill Manspeaker. He is the leader of Green Jelly and wrote that Three Little Pigs song. Here are some links that might help you figure your shit out.
http://youtu.be/dlJLNxe3Ga8 Danny explains RS

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/alphabet-of-kabbalah/748-samech.html Kabbalah Lucifer stuff
Old 08-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #23
T0D
Banned.

Quote:
I feel the need to point out...
Ok. Satanists do not worship lucifer or practice black magic as satanists. There are an Atheistic religion that parodies Christianity and has roots in Nietzchian philosophy. They are closer to nihilism than anything religious. All rituals are for the sake of absurdity. Crowley mixed together all sorts of esoteric practices and philosophies. He was an occultist and dabbled in some really dark rituals. Like killing the goat and summoning and controlling demons. He wasn't a master at any of it. He was a great writer. His writing is beautiful. Lucifer is not Satan. Lucifer in Kabbalah is just a symbol. Not the dark lord who people worship. That satanic, satanists, dark lord crap is puritanical propaganda to scare you. All the myths and symbols of mysticism are related to internal alchemy. Ritual is about transformation. The whole point of learning anything esoteric is to practice it. You practice it in order to transform. In alchemy the symbol is lead into gold. Not literally making gold out of lead. This is stupid. Do not try to do this. It is transforming your own ignorance and confusion into clarity and wisdom. Spiritual Materialism is an error. But anyway, I'm not very educated in any of this occult stuff. I dont practice it or know any rituals, but have looked into it. And for Rossetta Stoned, Danny has mentioned that it is based on an experience had by Bill Manspeaker. He is the leader of Green Jelly and wrote that Three Little Pigs song. Here are some links that might help you figure your shit out.
http://youtu.be/dlJLNxe3Ga8 Danny explains RS

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/alphabet-of-kabbalah/748-samech.html Kabbalah Lucifer stuff
T0D
08-04-2015, 05:29 AM

I don't know why my links sometimes don't work? Sorry.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 AM   #24
T0D
Banned.

I don't know why my links sometimes don't work? Sorry.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply