Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
Ns1
05-26-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Shouldn't they have been mad when they paid double face value for a ticket?
And here I am selling my extras on eBay below face. sigh.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #5481
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Shouldn't they have been mad when they paid double face value for a ticket?
And here I am selling my extras on eBay below face. sigh.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jwb's Avatar jwb
05-26-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns1 View Post
wow, I bet Fairfax fans are pissed.
Mildly upset...
Old 05-26-2017, 11:45 AM   #5482
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns1 View Post
wow, I bet Fairfax fans are pissed.
Mildly upset...
thepot06's Avatar thepot06
05-26-2017, 01:12 PM

Uhhhhhh....was at Hershey last nite and wat a great show..had box seats and tix to section 209 which were closer...great seeing them from 2 different vantage points in one night..took my daughters 16 and 10 to their first Tool show which they loved..good times..
Old 05-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #5483
Level 4 - Thinker

Uhhhhhh....was at Hershey last nite and wat a great show..had box seats and tix to section 209 which were closer...great seeing them from 2 different vantage points in one night..took my daughters 16 and 10 to their first Tool show which they loved..good times..
05-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Was at hershey last nite wat a great show..had box seats and and tix to section 209.started in box seats then when they took an intermission i went to section 209 seats which was really cool to see them from 2 different vantage points in one night..took my 16yr old and 10yr old daughters along and they loved it..their first tool show and they loved it
Old 05-26-2017, 01:39 PM   #5484
Level 4 - Thinker

Was at hershey last nite wat a great show..had box seats and and tix to section 209.started in box seats then when they took an intermission i went to section 209 seats which was really cool to see them from 2 different vantage points in one night..took my 16yr old and 10yr old daughters along and they loved it..their first tool show and they loved it
05-26-2017, 01:41 PM

Hahaha reposted again cause my phone said it didnt post..not logged in correct or something..oh well
Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 PM   #5485
Level 4 - Thinker

Hahaha reposted again cause my phone said it didnt post..not logged in correct or something..oh well
05-26-2017, 01:44 PM

Was cool to see the guys regroup and pull through a malfunction with ease..during Jambi Adam's talkbox solo wasnt what he planned..looked like it just wasnt working..they pulled it together quick though..and adam gave an apologetic wave and kicked his mic stand..what a great group of musicians
Old 05-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #5486
Level 4 - Thinker

Was cool to see the guys regroup and pull through a malfunction with ease..during Jambi Adam's talkbox solo wasnt what he planned..looked like it just wasnt working..they pulled it together quick though..and adam gave an apologetic wave and kicked his mic stand..what a great group of musicians
kaneandy
05-26-2017, 03:14 PM

Next show is 1st outdoor for the tour, might get interesting tomorrow night, maybe?!?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #5487
Level 4 - Thinker

Next show is 1st outdoor for the tour, might get interesting tomorrow night, maybe?!?
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
05-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Has the talk box ever worked?
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 05-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #5488
Level 10 - Vehement

08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-26-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
Do you feel like we do.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #5489
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Do you feel like we do.
TheCurler
05-26-2017, 08:44 PM

Seeing them twice next week for shows #12 and lucky #13...so excited to finally get to hear Third Eye, Opiate, and HOPEFULLY Eulogy after all these year$!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #5490
Level 4 - Thinker

Seeing them twice next week for shows #12 and lucky #13...so excited to finally get to hear Third Eye, Opiate, and HOPEFULLY Eulogy after all these year$!
05-27-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
😂🤣
Old 05-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #5491
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
😂🤣
lorenamal
05-27-2017, 04:49 PM

Anyone going to Bangor tonight? I am going to Boston Calling tomorrow- can't wait!
Old 05-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #5492
Level 1 - Lurker

Anyone going to Bangor tonight? I am going to Boston Calling tomorrow- can't wait!
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-27-2017, 07:27 PM

Vicarious returns.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #5493
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Vicarious returns.
Ns1
05-28-2017, 01:03 AM

I can't even feel anymore.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #5494
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious

I can't even feel anymore.
dozer30
05-28-2017, 02:47 AM

yeah i was there and the VIP was both good and bad lol. the typical VIP experience that i have heard about minus getting to watch the opiate video, no signed VIP poster. i blame this on mostly the really shitty venues fault as they seemed very disorganized. they ran pretty late so it was a lot of waiting outside and wondering what was going to happen. Adam was very chill and its was amazing getting to see just him play within a foot from me. i didnt ask any questions as alot of people asked some kind of dumb questions and i think adam was irritated by some of them. someone asked what he does when he breaks a string and how often that happens, adam said "dont ask that its bad luck!" he meant it, and he did break a string pretty much right off the bat during the concert. someone else asked like 20 questions about chris cornell, not cool imo.

so he played some songs and did his normal thing, he did like my girlfriends shoes that are alex grey 10000 days art. after that we headed to the merch table that didnt have any signed posters so i bought a poster and didnt notice it was from the previous show, not a big deal i like the design. we went to sound check and danny and justin really put on a great show for us with adam. it was fucking nuts watching them just having a great time just for the 40 or so that were there. after that we took a group photo i got to thank danny and justin and shook their hands and tried not acting like a 16 year old fangirl. we went back and took a few pics with some stuff and that was pretty much it. i will add that i came from NH and was the first one in line with my girl and we showed up almost at the same time with a few others we hadnt met, and a after about 5 or 6 people where there they kind of cut in front of me and my girl, ok whatever so then about 15 to 20 more show up and the line turns into a circle of people waiting to go in, with us toward the middle, no one knew how to form a fucking line, it reminded me of a black friday sale.

we ended up getting closer to the front of the line and got first row tickets on justins side of the stage. when the cover band came on we found our seats again and hung out for a bit, they sounded like syd barrett a little but with some ELP mixed in kinda wierd but whatever.so after they were done we were given a wrist band allowing the first 2 rows to stand up in the front of the "pit" area directly in front of the stage. no one jumped on the chance to stand in front first so after a few minutes i left my seat and had my girl stand in front of the rail and i stood behind her as to protect her and the signed poster we finally were able to buy during the opening band. so we were directly in front of danny and justin and as soon as we were up against the pit railing about 500 people decide that looked like a great idea, and although only the first 2 rows had bands allowing them to do so the first 10-20 rows decided it was fine to think they could push me into a shitty spot. I held my ground the whole show right next to a girl that was talking on her cell phone during the show, during songs even! like wtf first row and your going to chat on your fucking phone?! the guy behind me was fucking retarded yelling DRUM SOLO!!! right in my ear with his beer and ass sweat breath the whole show! the band was great although it was distracting with security kicking out about 15 people for taking pictures but they allowed everything else. the whole show all i could feel is 3 elbows in my back and me getting pushed forward and into my girl who i had locked my arms around like a cage, i got an elbow in my ear that felt awesome as well lol.

so this venue is outdoors but non smoking, but beer and booze flowing like the fucking saco river. clearly they were overserving. after the show was done i turned around and the first 4 rows of seats were almost gone having been ripped up from the ground and tossed around. it literally looked like a bomb made of beer cans went off. I still had a great time though! and was worth the price honestly! oh yeah and my girl caught the last stick danny threw out to us like a champ with one hand and she held on to it! so we got two VIP shirts, 2 VIP posters, a signed poster that is a bit squished and a poster from the previous show, and two separate bags with the usual VIP stuff. most valuable is the awesome time i spent with my girl and getting to meet some huge influences in my life, Im going to the Ball next weekend, and if i get a chance to go to another VIP at a different venue i would in a second.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:47 AM   #5495
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah i was there and the VIP was both good and bad lol. the typical VIP experience that i have heard about minus getting to watch the opiate video, no signed VIP poster. i blame this on mostly the really shitty venues fault as they seemed very disorganized. they ran pretty late so it was a lot of waiting outside and wondering what was going to happen. Adam was very chill and its was amazing getting to see just him play within a foot from me. i didnt ask any questions as alot of people asked some kind of dumb questions and i think adam was irritated by some of them. someone asked what he does when he breaks a string and how often that happens, adam said "dont ask that its bad luck!" he meant it, and he did break a string pretty much right off the bat during the concert. someone else asked like 20 questions about chris cornell, not cool imo.

so he played some songs and did his normal thing, he did like my girlfriends shoes that are alex grey 10000 days art. after that we headed to the merch table that didnt have any signed posters so i bought a poster and didnt notice it was from the previous show, not a big deal i like the design. we went to sound check and danny and justin really put on a great show for us with adam. it was fucking nuts watching them just having a great time just for the 40 or so that were there. after that we took a group photo i got to thank danny and justin and shook their hands and tried not acting like a 16 year old fangirl. we went back and took a few pics with some stuff and that was pretty much it. i will add that i came from NH and was the first one in line with my girl and we showed up almost at the same time with a few others we hadnt met, and a after about 5 or 6 people where there they kind of cut in front of me and my girl, ok whatever so then about 15 to 20 more show up and the line turns into a circle of people waiting to go in, with us toward the middle, no one knew how to form a fucking line, it reminded me of a black friday sale.

we ended up getting closer to the front of the line and got first row tickets on justins side of the stage. when the cover band came on we found our seats again and hung out for a bit, they sounded like syd barrett a little but with some ELP mixed in kinda wierd but whatever.so after they were done we were given a wrist band allowing the first 2 rows to stand up in the front of the "pit" area directly in front of the stage. no one jumped on the chance to stand in front first so after a few minutes i left my seat and had my girl stand in front of the rail and i stood behind her as to protect her and the signed poster we finally were able to buy during the opening band. so we were directly in front of danny and justin and as soon as we were up against the pit railing about 500 people decide that looked like a great idea, and although only the first 2 rows had bands allowing them to do so the first 10-20 rows decided it was fine to think they could push me into a shitty spot. I held my ground the whole show right next to a girl that was talking on her cell phone during the show, during songs even! like wtf first row and your going to chat on your fucking phone?! the guy behind me was fucking retarded yelling DRUM SOLO!!! right in my ear with his beer and ass sweat breath the whole show! the band was great although it was distracting with security kicking out about 15 people for taking pictures but they allowed everything else. the whole show all i could feel is 3 elbows in my back and me getting pushed forward and into my girl who i had locked my arms around like a cage, i got an elbow in my ear that felt awesome as well lol.

so this venue is outdoors but non smoking, but beer and booze flowing like the fucking saco river. clearly they were overserving. after the show was done i turned around and the first 4 rows of seats were almost gone having been ripped up from the ground and tossed around. it literally looked like a bomb made of beer cans went off. I still had a great time though! and was worth the price honestly! oh yeah and my girl caught the last stick danny threw out to us like a champ with one hand and she held on to it! so we got two VIP shirts, 2 VIP posters, a signed poster that is a bit squished and a poster from the previous show, and two separate bags with the usual VIP stuff. most valuable is the awesome time i spent with my girl and getting to meet some huge influences in my life, Im going to the Ball next weekend, and if i get a chance to go to another VIP at a different venue i would in a second.
05-28-2017, 12:05 PM

^Thanks for the VIP review. Makes me think I better come prepared with my own poster tube. And good on your gal for getting the stick. That's a nice one.

/rant mode on <enter>...

Sucks they appear to be rotating Vicarious and Eulogy. Why not rotate Vicarious and Jambi? Or even Vicarious and Schism? Because that would make sense, that's why not. Overall the setlists look good but sheesh.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #5496
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

^Thanks for the VIP review. Makes me think I better come prepared with my own poster tube. And good on your gal for getting the stick. That's a nice one.

/rant mode on <enter>...

Sucks they appear to be rotating Vicarious and Eulogy. Why not rotate Vicarious and Jambi? Or even Vicarious and Schism? Because that would make sense, that's why not. Overall the setlists look good but sheesh.
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
05-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Looking for a ticket - Pittsburgh or Detroit. Get at me if you have one!
Old 05-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #5497
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

Looking for a ticket - Pittsburgh or Detroit. Get at me if you have one!
MoreTool's Avatar MoreTool
05-29-2017, 06:26 AM

No Eulogy yesterday...... Starting to think it was just a one shot.....
Old 05-29-2017, 06:26 AM   #5498
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

05-29-2017, 06:49 AM

i've been monitoring the resale ticket prices for Hamilton. Looks like they are going for face value or even under! Some listings are even complaining they paid $$$ and are only looking to recoup part of their money. Looks good on these fools thinking they could make a quick buck.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #5499
Banned.

i've been monitoring the resale ticket prices for Hamilton. Looks like they are going for face value or even under! Some listings are even complaining they paid $$$ and are only looking to recoup part of their money. Looks good on these fools thinking they could make a quick buck.
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
05-29-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool View Post
Wasn't yesterday a festival set? If so, not surprised to not see it there. My guess is it's first up to get dropped in a shortened set.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #5500
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreTool View Post
Wasn't yesterday a festival set? If so, not surprised to not see it there. My guess is it's first up to get dropped in a shortened set.
Ns1
05-29-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsonic View Post
I can't sell my excellent San Jose tix for face on eBay. This is straight unheard of.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #5501
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsonic View Post
I can't sell my excellent San Jose tix for face on eBay. This is straight unheard of.
MoreTool's Avatar MoreTool
05-29-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Yeah got a point. Didn't check what was the event...
Old 05-29-2017, 08:57 AM   #5502
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Yeah got a point. Didn't check what was the event...
05-29-2017, 09:46 AM

Boston Calling. There is a decent review of the set here

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/tool-ma...ideos-setlist/
Old 05-29-2017, 09:46 AM   #5503
Level 10 - Vehement

Boston Calling. There is a decent review of the set here

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/tool-ma...ideos-setlist/
NCToolfan's Avatar NCToolfan
05-29-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:

/rant mode on <enter>...

For the Fairfax show, I emailed the venue earlier in the week and asked about bringing in small empty cardboard tubes. Was told they will check and get back. Got a reply back saying the bands security said no poster tubes allowed at all. Still brought a throwaway tube in case and saw at least 15 other people in line with tubes. Wasn't allowed in with it so I went in and grabbed poster and had a friend grab it before he went in to put it in the car. It was raining after the show. I saw 4-5 people with tubes inside the venue as well. Can't imagine many posters made it out of the show in decent shape.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that poster tubes aren't allowed in when they are selling posters. All they had was rubber bands and small plastic grocery bags.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #5504
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

Quote:

/rant mode on <enter>...

For the Fairfax show, I emailed the venue earlier in the week and asked about bringing in small empty cardboard tubes. Was told they will check and get back. Got a reply back saying the bands security said no poster tubes allowed at all. Still brought a throwaway tube in case and saw at least 15 other people in line with tubes. Wasn't allowed in with it so I went in and grabbed poster and had a friend grab it before he went in to put it in the car. It was raining after the show. I saw 4-5 people with tubes inside the venue as well. Can't imagine many posters made it out of the show in decent shape.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that poster tubes aren't allowed in when they are selling posters. All they had was rubber bands and small plastic grocery bags.
05-29-2017, 01:23 PM

Yea, it's often a disaster and I am to the point now where I'm not sure I even want to make the effort. I brought a poster tube to the Viejas show last year (San Diego). They would not let me in with it so I dumped it. I bought a band signed poster once inside and did my best to babysit it... to no avail. Midway through Forty-six & 2, the guy in front of me was getting into it and bumped his beer on something. Liquid went flying right onto my poster. I was livid. But the guy was genuinely apologetic and I felt bad afterwards for my initial reaction. In hindsight I realized it wasn't his fault at all. Tool should provide poster tubes for at least the signed posters. They did give out tubes for VIP at Valley View show in 2014. I combined the signed Adam poster with a band signed poster from the merch stand into it. Not sure why they're not doing that anymore.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #5505
Level 10 - Vehement

Yea, it's often a disaster and I am to the point now where I'm not sure I even want to make the effort. I brought a poster tube to the Viejas show last year (San Diego). They would not let me in with it so I dumped it. I bought a band signed poster once inside and did my best to babysit it... to no avail. Midway through Forty-six & 2, the guy in front of me was getting into it and bumped his beer on something. Liquid went flying right onto my poster. I was livid. But the guy was genuinely apologetic and I felt bad afterwards for my initial reaction. In hindsight I realized it wasn't his fault at all. Tool should provide poster tubes for at least the signed posters. They did give out tubes for VIP at Valley View show in 2014. I combined the signed Adam poster with a band signed poster from the merch stand into it. Not sure why they're not doing that anymore.
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
05-29-2017, 02:19 PM

I'm hoping Eulogy gets thrown back in for the Hamilton show, have heard Vicarious countless times. Would love it if No Quarter made it in as well but seems like the setlist is pretty much set for the tour... oh well, any tool show is amazing I won't complain! FYI for those attending Hamilton there's a TOOL tribute band playing at a bar (Casbah) after the show, performing all songs not played during the show, interesting... no cover for those attending the concert.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #5506
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm hoping Eulogy gets thrown back in for the Hamilton show, have heard Vicarious countless times. Would love it if No Quarter made it in as well but seems like the setlist is pretty much set for the tour... oh well, any tool show is amazing I won't complain! FYI for those attending Hamilton there's a TOOL tribute band playing at a bar (Casbah) after the show, performing all songs not played during the show, interesting... no cover for those attending the concert.
Chance
05-29-2017, 08:23 PM

who is the backup band?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:23 PM   #5507
On Probation

who is the backup band?
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-29-2017, 08:46 PM

In case tool breaks down?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #5508
Level 10 - Vehement

In case tool breaks down?
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
05-29-2017, 11:42 PM

Pretty sure Chevelle are on standby in case Tool can't make it.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:42 PM   #5509
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Pretty sure Chevelle are on standby in case Tool can't make it.
05-30-2017, 12:18 AM

Breaking Benjamin, next in line.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #5510
Level 10 - Vehement

Breaking Benjamin, next in line.
pegisakite
05-30-2017, 05:45 AM

ONE MORE SLEEP 'TIL HAMILTON!!!!! I'M WAYYYYY TOO EXCITED!!!!!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #5511
Level 2 - Poster

ONE MORE SLEEP 'TIL HAMILTON!!!!! I'M WAYYYYY TOO EXCITED!!!!!
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-30-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
who is the backup band?
I like to think of them as backdoor bands.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #5512
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
who is the backup band?
I like to think of them as backdoor bands.
The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
05-30-2017, 12:53 PM

So how did Eulogy sound the time it was played? Maybe they didn't like the way it came out.

Corex says:

Old 05-30-2017, 12:53 PM   #5513
Level 10 - Vehement

So how did Eulogy sound the time it was played? Maybe they didn't like the way it came out.

Corex says:

Ns1
05-30-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
probably couldn't hear themselves over the cacophony of approval.

I can just imagine MJK now - "hey didn't Eulogy sound great? You know what would sound even BETTER? Me not singing the end of Vicarious again."
Old 05-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #5514
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
probably couldn't hear themselves over the cacophony of approval.

I can just imagine MJK now - "hey didn't Eulogy sound great? You know what would sound even BETTER? Me not singing the end of Vicarious again."
Ns1
05-30-2017, 03:27 PM

My San Jose tix are on eBay waaaaaaay below cost!!! Somebody do me a solid here O_O
Old 05-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #5515
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious

My San Jose tix are on eBay waaaaaaay below cost!!! Somebody do me a solid here O_O
Malaclypse
05-30-2017, 04:32 PM

i think there's a youtube vid of it.
wasn't bad, but wasn't great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-xpCL4G774
Old 05-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #5516
Banned.

i think there's a youtube vid of it.
wasn't bad, but wasn't great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-xpCL4G774
Durangatang
05-30-2017, 07:58 PM

No Eulogy tonight...(according to setlist.fm)

Listened to the link above. Sounded like it was the first time played in 16 years, not very tight. Hopefully they sound check it a little more and get it dialed in. Would nice to keep it in the rotation.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #5517
On Probation

Listened to the link above. Sounded like it was the first time played in 16 years, not very tight. Hopefully they sound check it a little more and get it dialed in. Would nice to keep it in the rotation.
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
05-31-2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post

Hoping tonight in Hamilton! If not maybe another surprise.... doubt it but can always hope lol
Old 05-31-2017, 03:43 AM   #5518
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangatang View Post

Hoping tonight in Hamilton! If not maybe another surprise.... doubt it but can always hope lol
Thatsarealzinger's Avatar Thatsarealzinger
05-31-2017, 05:40 AM

First of all, I've seen Vicarious live 3 times since 2006. I did not catch Eulogy at the show I went to in 2001.

That being said, they only reason i'd rather see Eulogy is that I haven't seen it before. For all other reasons, I'd rather see Vicarious. I personally think it's a better song overall, I'm certain the visuals are better for it, the performance will be better because they
play it often, and it's closer to current state of mind or level of maturity of the band (if that makes any sense.) Plus, I want more 10k Days in the setlist. Without Eulogy, you're still getting 4 songs from Aenima.

If you're so worried about 1 song not being played at one of the greatest shows you'll ever see and you let that be a disappointment, or it upsets you, get a fucking life.

Eulogy, Vicarious.... I'll be rocking out to either one in Pittsburgh \m/
Old 05-31-2017, 05:40 AM   #5519
Level 7 - Loquacious

First of all, I've seen Vicarious live 3 times since 2006. I did not catch Eulogy at the show I went to in 2001.

That being said, they only reason i'd rather see Eulogy is that I haven't seen it before. For all other reasons, I'd rather see Vicarious. I personally think it's a better song overall, I'm certain the visuals are better for it, the performance will be better because they
play it often, and it's closer to current state of mind or level of maturity of the band (if that makes any sense.) Plus, I want more 10k Days in the setlist. Without Eulogy, you're still getting 4 songs from Aenima.

If you're so worried about 1 song not being played at one of the greatest shows you'll ever see and you let that be a disappointment, or it upsets you, get a fucking life.

Eulogy, Vicarious.... I'll be rocking out to either one in Pittsburgh \m/
Ns1
05-31-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsarealzinger View Post
I personally think it's a better song overall
that's because you're a heathen.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:06 AM   #5520
Ns1
Level 7 - Loquacious