Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
trentollyopolis
05-05-2006, 10:45 PM

Lets start a thread where we gather interesting clues/discrepancies we find.

First off, the image before danny carey's is obviously of the books that we see in danny's image. However, on the closeup, there is a dark red stripe on the book going from left to right (or right to left), but in the full image of danny carey the stripe is going from top to bottom (or bottom to top).

Second thing I noticed is the tassles on the drapes in everyones photo. Everyone has blueish tassels except for Adam, who has a tan color on his.

Lets keep a running list of interesting finds
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Clues..

Lets start a thread where we gather interesting clues/discrepancies we find.

First off, the image before danny carey's is obviously of the books that we see in danny's image. However, on the closeup, there is a dark red stripe on the book going from left to right (or right to left), but in the full image of danny carey the stripe is going from top to bottom (or bottom to top).

Second thing I noticed is the tassles on the drapes in everyones photo. Everyone has blueish tassels except for Adam, who has a tan color on his.

Lets keep a running list of interesting finds
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM

I noticed the production quality of the record blows.

Last edited by resonance.; 05-05-2006 at 11:03 PM..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472
Re: Clues..

Last edited by resonance.; 05-05-2006 at 11:03 PM..
CCD's Avatar CCD
05-06-2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
I noticed that you have tin ears. Save some money and trade up.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
CCD
If nothing is everything I've got it all (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 5332

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
I noticed that you have tin ears. Save some money and trade up.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Countdown
05-06-2006, 04:49 AM

I noticed a significance for whats behind them.

Adam has a black box....thing that is almost hidden by the ghost.

Maynard obviously has the Empire state building

Justin has something behind him but its really had to tell. All you can see is a sort of white light.

And Dannys (which is the most interesting). The reason i think there is some significance for him, is that the smoke trail(or whatever the hell it is..) goes up and then behind him. Almost making you want to know...wtf
Old 05-06-2006, 04:49 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 1

Justin has something behind him but its really had to tell. All you can see is a sort of white light.

And Dannys (which is the most interesting). The reason i think there is some significance for him, is that the smoke trail(or whatever the hell it is..) goes up and then behind him. Almost making you want to know...wtf
Grimgrumthegnome
05-06-2006, 05:07 AM

first i'd like to say that at this moment, or at least the moment i signed in, exactly 69 people were viewing the 10000 days forum...ha, how cool is that?? anyways, after looking at adam's pic very closely i noticed some connections with the other members; first notice on what the eagle is perched (the pic when it's not on justin's arm), i'm not sure what that is, but whatever it is it's also in adam's pic on his right side (our left); next, notice the case which holds the skull in danny's pic - is that not the same case on the table in front of adam (on our right side)? it doesn't appear to have a skull in it in this pic, it may though, i can't really tell what that is, but it definately appears to be the same case; lastly, look at the pic prior to adam's (which is a close-up of the table behind him), i believe that's a glass of wine (not the glass in the foreground, but the smaller one behind it), this obviously must connect with maynard... this is all i have so far on this thought, but i was thinking that perhaps the fact that these connections are all in adam's pic may relate to the differently colored tassles on his curtains... thoughts? .......haha, 69
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

first i'd like to say that at this moment, or at least the moment i signed in, exactly 69 people were viewing the 10000 days forum...ha, how cool is that?? anyways, after looking at adam's pic very closely i noticed some connections with the other members; first notice on what the eagle is perched (the pic when it's not on justin's arm), i'm not sure what that is, but whatever it is it's also in adam's pic on his right side (our left); next, notice the case which holds the skull in danny's pic - is that not the same case on the table in front of adam (on our right side)? it doesn't appear to have a skull in it in this pic, it may though, i can't really tell what that is, but it definately appears to be the same case; lastly, look at the pic prior to adam's (which is a close-up of the table behind him), i believe that's a glass of wine (not the glass in the foreground, but the smaller one behind it), this obviously must connect with maynard... this is all i have so far on this thought, but i was thinking that perhaps the fact that these connections are all in adam's pic may relate to the differently colored tassles on his curtains... thoughts? .......haha, 69
diaji
05-06-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrumthegnome
... first notice on what the eagle is perched (the pic when it's not on justin's arm), i'm not sure what that is, but whatever it is it's also in adam's pic on his right side (our left);...

http://szukalski.com/

It’s a sculpture by szukalski, one of the bands influences.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgrumthegnome
... first notice on what the eagle is perched (the pic when it's not on justin's arm), i'm not sure what that is, but whatever it is it's also in adam's pic on his right side (our left);...

http://szukalski.com/

It’s a sculpture by szukalski, one of the bands influences.
1shane22
05-06-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown

Adams pic: The ghost (skeleton) I holding 3 fingers and has a smoke trail or light behind his head. It looks like the trail from dannys photo. also whats behind him is the following pic if you look at the hose comming out of the bowl. And is that maynards wine in his following pic.
Maynards pic: Three fingers on the empire state bld. and three fingers on his head. The clock or dial on the left of his deskis at 11:55 or just 11. His followin pic doesnt seem to connect to his photo like the others.
Justins pic: His pic is pretty plain, it looks like the light behind him are the candles in his follow-up pic. (look close under his arm that the eagle is on, it looks like the wax dripping down from his following pic. it's hard to see because the candles sit on somthing black and the smoke hides everything else.)P.s. whats on top of the candles in his follow-up pic? to me it looks like the flamming eye that spirals in all of the alex grey artwork(mabey just an effect that is a coincidence?)
Dannys pic: alot of shit in this one. theres deffinetly somthing behind him, but his follow-up pic is what is in front of him and what is in his left hand?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown

Adams pic: The ghost (skeleton) I holding 3 fingers and has a smoke trail or light behind his head. It looks like the trail from dannys photo. also whats behind him is the following pic if you look at the hose comming out of the bowl. And is that maynards wine in his following pic.
Maynards pic: Three fingers on the empire state bld. and three fingers on his head. The clock or dial on the left of his deskis at 11:55 or just 11. His followin pic doesnt seem to connect to his photo like the others.
Justins pic: His pic is pretty plain, it looks like the light behind him are the candles in his follow-up pic. (look close under his arm that the eagle is on, it looks like the wax dripping down from his following pic. it's hard to see because the candles sit on somthing black and the smoke hides everything else.)P.s. whats on top of the candles in his follow-up pic? to me it looks like the flamming eye that spirals in all of the alex grey artwork(mabey just an effect that is a coincidence?)
Dannys pic: alot of shit in this one. theres deffinetly somthing behind him, but his follow-up pic is what is in front of him and what is in his left hand?
Arthein
05-06-2006, 11:53 AM

On the wall behind Danny we have two pictures- the upper one is a diagram of the quabalistic Tree of Life (http://www.geocities.com/nisetar/qabalah.html). Matches pretty well with the books, flame, box and the cards bearing the emblem of the Rosicrucians.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

On the wall behind Danny we have two pictures- the upper one is a diagram of the quabalistic Tree of Life (http://www.geocities.com/nisetar/qabalah.html). Matches pretty well with the books, flame, box and the cards bearing the emblem of the Rosicrucians.
Grimgrumthegnome
05-06-2006, 12:50 PM

o one thing i forgot to say previously, 1shane22 you reminded me of this... perhaps we need to place the pictures in some sort of chronological order? notice how much more wax has dripped from the candles in the pic of just the bird, compared to justin's pic where it looks like they were lit more recently... this could be a clue, or it could just be the fact that it took them time to take the second picture...but either way it's worth considering
Old 05-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

o one thing i forgot to say previously, 1shane22 you reminded me of this... perhaps we need to place the pictures in some sort of chronological order? notice how much more wax has dripped from the candles in the pic of just the bird, compared to justin's pic where it looks like they were lit more recently... this could be a clue, or it could just be the fact that it took them time to take the second picture...but either way it's worth considering
ahhnevermind
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM

also we're only looking at half the artwork. the bottom half's stars/flowers count from 1 to 6 (the bird), which is the only one that can be stereoscoped, then loses logic from there as far as I can tell. no ideas, just pointing it out.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

also we're only looking at half the artwork. the bottom half's stars/flowers count from 1 to 6 (the bird), which is the only one that can be stereoscoped, then loses logic from there as far as I can tell. no ideas, just pointing it out.
Rav's Avatar Rav
05-06-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shane22
A lot of people seem to be assuming that Danny is letting something out of his pot, if you look closely behind him, you can see the smoke trails curling round and the actual 'energy' is heading towards him.

Perhaps he is calling something back?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #11
Rav
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shane22
A lot of people seem to be assuming that Danny is letting something out of his pot, if you look closely behind him, you can see the smoke trails curling round and the actual 'energy' is heading towards him.

XReflectionXTriad
05-06-2006, 06:15 PM

The only place i have got .. Is that Adams pic everything is dead.. all the body parts in the jars etc. I remember my grandmother saying to me that Magpie is a sign of death she used to get very supersitious when she saw one she would flip out and say thats someone dead..a magpie could signify a death of something old and the beginning of something new.I really think that the cronological theory is a good theory .. I do think that there has to be an order .. May be it's a message.. And the picture of Danny it looks like the light is coming form behind him and it looks like he is trapping it..so i agree ^I am stumped ..but the look on all their faces they really look like they are keeping some sort of secret lol Overall most of the pictures have a dark supersitious feel..

edit: Probably not significant :-(
Here are some. . .

In Scotland and Northern Ireland one should salute the lone magpie. . .

In some parts of England one should wave to the lone magpie. . .

A Yorkshire superstition has it that the magpie is associated with witchcraft and therefore an ill omen - one should make a sign of a cross or take off your hat in respect to ward off any evil.

Apparently the magpie has significance overseas as well - in Korea, a popular folk belief has it that the magpie is a bird of inspirational instinct, which can foretell people that they will have visitors or house guests in the near future.

But the best so far is this. . . apparently, in parts of Yorkshire, one must imitate the lone magpie's missing partner - loudly.

Last edited by XReflectionXTriad; 05-06-2006 at 06:31 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

The only place i have got .. Is that Adams pic everything is dead.. all the body parts in the jars etc. I remember my grandmother saying to me that Magpie is a sign of death she used to get very supersitious when she saw one she would flip out and say thats someone dead..a magpie could signify a death of something old and the beginning of something new.I really think that the cronological theory is a good theory .. I do think that there has to be an order .. May be it's a message.. And the picture of Danny it looks like the light is coming form behind him and it looks like he is trapping it..so i agree ^I am stumped ..but the look on all their faces they really look like they are keeping some sort of secret lol Overall most of the pictures have a dark supersitious feel..

edit: Probably not significant :-(
Here are some. . .

In Scotland and Northern Ireland one should salute the lone magpie. . .

In some parts of England one should wave to the lone magpie. . .

A Yorkshire superstition has it that the magpie is associated with witchcraft and therefore an ill omen - one should make a sign of a cross or take off your hat in respect to ward off any evil.

Apparently the magpie has significance overseas as well - in Korea, a popular folk belief has it that the magpie is a bird of inspirational instinct, which can foretell people that they will have visitors or house guests in the near future.

But the best so far is this. . . apparently, in parts of Yorkshire, one must imitate the lone magpie's missing partner - loudly.

Last edited by XReflectionXTriad; 05-06-2006 at 06:31 PM..
c4171
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM

I dont think Maynard's mohawk appears in the mirror, while it does appear on his head. Or maybe it's just dark.

The stereoscopic thing doesnt work so well for me, because my left eye has astigmatism and my right doesnt..
Old 05-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

I dont think Maynard's mohawk appears in the mirror, while it does appear on his head. Or maybe it's just dark.

The stereoscopic thing doesnt work so well for me, because my left eye has astigmatism and my right doesnt..
defjuxie's Avatar defjuxie
05-06-2006, 07:32 PM

well each one of the photos that are not of the band come from a close up of something from the picture with the band member i.e. the dead yuckies in the jar are from adams photo... the only one that doesnt is maynard unless the fetus/skull is his. anyway.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

well each one of the photos that are not of the band come from a close up of something from the picture with the band member i.e. the dead yuckies in the jar are from adams photo... the only one that doesnt is maynard unless the fetus/skull is his. anyway.
scar's Avatar scar
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav

absolutely what i thought.
i noticed that there is a hole in the left (our left) drape on Maynard's picture. also, i don't have a separate picture to go with Maynard's picture. can someone help on this?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #15
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav

absolutely what i thought.
i noticed that there is a hole in the left (our left) drape on Maynard's picture. also, i don't have a separate picture to go with Maynard's picture. can someone help on this?
05-06-2006, 07:42 PM

The art is based on the video being made. The puzzle: figure out what the new videos are going to have in them.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

The art is based on the video being made. The puzzle: figure out what the new videos are going to have in them.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply