Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
lickety-split
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM

Aussie prog heavily influenced by Tool, OSI, Anathema

All of Star Ark's music is available for free download and streaming via http://starark.bandcamp.com

Get it inta ya, it's a tastey hunk of prog goodness
Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
STAR ARK - TOOL influenced music

Aussie prog heavily influenced by Tool, OSI, Anathema

All of Star Ark's music is available for free download and streaming via http://starark.bandcamp.com

Get it inta ya, it's a tastey hunk of prog goodness
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
slamminsalmon's Avatar slamminsalmon
12-28-2010, 05:53 AM

dont really care for the lyrics, or the singer, but there are some okay instrumentals. none of the songs really grabbed me tho.

ill try again some other time tho.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656
Re: STAR ARK - TOOL influenced music

dont really care for the lyrics, or the singer, but there are some okay instrumentals. none of the songs really grabbed me tho.

ill try again some other time tho.
lickety-split
12-28-2010, 06:01 AM

I have to sort of agree with you there, the singer can be a bit hit and miss
Old 12-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

I have to sort of agree with you there, the singer can be a bit hit and miss
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
01-21-2011, 08:57 AM

I didn't listen to too much, but I actually feel like the vocals are a reasonably good compliment to the instrumentals. With that first song I was craving a tasty bassline, but that phrase that came up about halfway through kind of met that desire. Based of what I listened too, i think it's really pretty decent.

The one thing that I don't like is presenting it as heavily influenced by "band name here". I feel that way about any young bands really. Let the music speak for itself. If it's written for the sake of art, then it should become it's own thing.

Sorry, that's just like... art philosophy on my part I suppose. But I can totally understand trying to bring the music to ears that you think will respond to it. I like the site too. IMO, keep it like that for as long as possible. Just put the music out there. Let it reach people and sink in. No need to put band bios and pics up. Crap like that. Just waters everything down.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

I didn't listen to too much, but I actually feel like the vocals are a reasonably good compliment to the instrumentals. With that first song I was craving a tasty bassline, but that phrase that came up about halfway through kind of met that desire. Based of what I listened too, i think it's really pretty decent.

The one thing that I don't like is presenting it as heavily influenced by "band name here". I feel that way about any young bands really. Let the music speak for itself. If it's written for the sake of art, then it should become it's own thing.

Sorry, that's just like... art philosophy on my part I suppose. But I can totally understand trying to bring the music to ears that you think will respond to it. I like the site too. IMO, keep it like that for as long as possible. Just put the music out there. Let it reach people and sink in. No need to put band bios and pics up. Crap like that. Just waters everything down.
Liam's Avatar Liam
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM

sounds more like katatonia than tool.
decent music. shithouse band name though.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

sounds more like katatonia than tool.
decent music. shithouse band name though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply