Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
the_milkman's Avatar the_milkman
12-21-2010, 02:09 PM

I've been working with FL studio lately and i'm sorta gettin the hang of it. Thought i'd share a few of my works in progress with you dudes so you can tell me what you think. Enjoy and please any feedback is appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/radiofi3nd
Old 12-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
well if I know Dracula, he loves SLUTS

Bincount™: 7555
stuff

I've been working with FL studio lately and i'm sorta gettin the hang of it. Thought i'd share a few of my works in progress with you dudes so you can tell me what you think. Enjoy and please any feedback is appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/radiofi3nd
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
12-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Only speaking on the mixing side here but a lot of your tracks would benefit from less, or at least less wet effects usage. The reverbs on the bass kind of muddy everything up and take away from most of the elements that should be more up front.

I get the idea you're going for in the tracks, but that usually lends itself to a bigger sound, which often counter-intuitively relies less on using effects like reverbs and choruses that are supposed to imply "fullness" and more on the sound simply being in the listeners face.

The arrangement itself could use a few more changeups or breaks to keep things fresh.

Last edited by Seven Deep; 12-28-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924
Re: stuff

Only speaking on the mixing side here but a lot of your tracks would benefit from less, or at least less wet effects usage. The reverbs on the bass kind of muddy everything up and take away from most of the elements that should be more up front.

I get the idea you're going for in the tracks, but that usually lends itself to a bigger sound, which often counter-intuitively relies less on using effects like reverbs and choruses that are supposed to imply "fullness" and more on the sound simply being in the listeners face.

The arrangement itself could use a few more changeups or breaks to keep things fresh.

Last edited by Seven Deep; 12-28-2010 at 05:58 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
the_milkman's Avatar the_milkman
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM

thanks, you definitely know what you're talking about. lol, i have been messing around alot with the reverb and delay effects on the bass to see just how much more "full" and loud it can sound. as far as the arrangement goes, i may add on to these tracks as i become more technically skilled but for now they are just fun little beats. i do appreciate the constructive criticism though. and i'll most likely be putting new tracks up frequently lol.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
well if I know Dracula, he loves SLUTS

Bincount™: 7555
Re: stuff

thanks, you definitely know what you're talking about. lol, i have been messing around alot with the reverb and delay effects on the bass to see just how much more "full" and loud it can sound. as far as the arrangement goes, i may add on to these tracks as i become more technically skilled but for now they are just fun little beats. i do appreciate the constructive criticism though. and i'll most likely be putting new tracks up frequently lol.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply