opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Tool
June 29, 2007
Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Last edited by paraflux; 05-14-2007 at 03:54 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 8223
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Please... I can't find anything that talks about this show outside of this and Tool's "Official" website. I have tried to purchase tickets, but according to ticketmaster last night and the US Bank Arena, there is no show on 7/1/07... no show in Ohio, even. I missed the only shows on the west coast and will be visiting friends in Ohio sometime this spring or summer, so I would give a large portion of my anatomy for this show to exist and not be yet another way for the universe to taunt me with it's insaciable cruelty. Please help me.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

THat's because ticketmaster has it listed for 6/29 instead of 7/1.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/7...20&list_view=1

hmmm. Someone's lying.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux View Post
THat's because ticketmaster has it listed for 6/29 instead of 7/1.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/7...20&list_view=1

hmmm. Someone's lying.
Thank you sooooo very much! I owe you more than I could ever give you! It wasn't there last night, I swear. The 27th though the 2nd were blank. I don't care if it's on the 29th or the 1st, as long as it is there and I can experience it... that's the important part, the experience. I can adjust the plane tickets, the dates by a few days, hopefully it will be clerified before the day of the show, lol. Thanks for your help... You are truely a worthy Administrator! All hail Paraflux!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Im there d00d...

Once again, Toolarmy has failed me. No pre-sales for this date, wtf?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

so does anyone know if its the 1st or the 29th or how to find out???
Old 05-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrribble View Post
Well, since Ticketbastard and the venue are saying that the show is on June 29th, I'm thinking it's the 29th. Toolband.com seems to be getting half-ass updates to the tour page anyway, so I don't take info from that site too seriously. Personally, though, I've got hotel rooms booked for either date, just in case. Can't wait! Anyone seen a show at US Bank Arena? It will be my first.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #8
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Email

[email protected]

Mail

U.S. Bank Arena
100 Broadway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202

Phone

513-421-4111
Old 05-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

toolband.com changed it back to june 29th.... woooohooooo... tickets on sale saturday.... btw... seems there's a show in fort wayne, IN on june 23 as well at the memorial coliseum ( http://www.memorialcoliseum.com/calendar.php )
Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis311 View Post
Well, since Ticketbastard and the venue are saying that the show is on June 29th, I'm thinking it's the 29th. Toolband.com seems to be getting half-ass updates to the tour page anyway, so I don't take info from that site too seriously. Personally, though, I've got hotel rooms booked for either date, just in case. Can't wait! Anyone seen a show at US Bank Arena? It will be my first.
I saw Nine Inch Nails there a couple years ago and a few other shows. It's not my favorite venue by far. The arena ain't that great, nothin' compared to Nationwide in Columbus or Gund in Cleveland, but hey, it's Tool, they're loud as hell. It'll be a good time.
I'm really glad the June 29 date is for real.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

Got my tickets this morning, see all you sick fucks there!!!

Section 130, Row K
Old 05-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

section 128 row E for myself. June is going to be unbelievable. Bonnaroo and then this.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #13
Watch the Weather Change

Got section 134 Row G...floor seats sold quickly
Old 05-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

This is my first and likely my last t.d.n. post, but I have to chime in and say I got floor for this show. I live in Columbus.

I arrived at my local ticketbastard location about ten minutes early and just barely got in front of a guy waiting for Cheryl Crow tickets. I told the girl working there the show I wanted and she cued it up for me right away so all she'd have to do is press the button. She scored me floor within about five seconds of the tickets going on sale.

I couldn't find a proper seating chart online (ticketbastard's site wasn't loading the seating chart at the time for some reason, big surprise) but the tickets had sections and seat numbers on them. (Keep in mind I'd never gotten floor at an arena before) So after I bought the tickets I called the arena box office and asked them to explain to me the floor arrangement. I was elated to find out there will be no seats on the floor for this show. I first saw Tool at the 9-21-06 Columbus show and was blown away. The crowd was great, and there was a nothing but positive energy all around. At that show there were seats on the floor, though. I, however, was located stage-side of Section 105 then.

A two hour trip is nothing to see these guys.

If you see a tall guy with short hair who has a tan that says: "I've been working an outdoor summer sports camp for the last three weeks," outside before the doors open, with another guy and a girl, it's probably me.

Let's be good to everyone we see there, and make this another great show.

-jbuck
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

anyone who wanted floor tickets should've gone down to the arena to get them.... i got there half an hour early and was the 12th person there.... it was very easy to get good seats.... kinda sad to see that there are so few tool fans in cincinnati...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

The July 1st show has been moved to my hometown Youngstown, Ohio. Sooo excited to see these guys again in my hometown!!!!!!!

For details

www.realrock104.com
www.chevroletcentre.com
Old 05-14-2007, 06:04 AM   #17
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
anyone who wanted floor tickets should've gone down to the arena to get them.... i got there half an hour early and was the 12th person there.... it was very easy to get good seats.... kinda sad to see that there are so few tool fans in cincinnati...
Thats what I should have done, I was just too lazy to make a 15 min drive. However, I was online right when they went on sale and no floor seats were available. That's alright, 7th row lower bowl is good too.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuck View Post
This is my first and likely my last t.d.n. post, but I have to chime in and say I got floor for this show. I live in Columbus.

I arrived at my local ticketbastard location about ten minutes early and just barely got in front of a guy waiting for Cheryl Crow tickets. I told the girl working there the show I wanted and she cued it up for me right away so all she'd have to do is press the button. She scored me floor within about five seconds of the tickets going on sale.

I couldn't find a proper seating chart online (ticketbastard's site wasn't loading the seating chart at the time for some reason, big surprise) but the tickets had sections and seat numbers on them. (Keep in mind I'd never gotten floor at an arena before) So after I bought the tickets I called the arena box office and asked them to explain to me the floor arrangement. I was elated to find out there will be no seats on the floor for this show. I first saw Tool at the 9-21-06 Columbus show and was blown away. The crowd was great, and there was a nothing but positive energy all around. At that show there were seats on the floor, though. I, however, was located stage-side of Section 105 then.

A two hour trip is nothing to see these guys.

If you see a tall guy with short hair who has a tan that says: "I've been working an outdoor summer sports camp for the last three weeks," outside before the doors open, with another guy and a girl, it's probably me.

Let's be good to everyone we see there, and make this another great show.

-jbuck
I was at that Columbus show and you're right on--that show just felt electric, before it even started. My favorite Tool show. Loud as hell! Hope this show is just as good but I don't think it will be.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 AM   #19
Banned.

Re: 2007/06/29 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Well, I hope to heck it will be. It will be my first, and probably only show. They don't play anywhere close to where I live, so I will be flying there and going with some friends that live in the area.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Alomg with Blackbird71 and Jbuck I was at that last Columbus show also. First time I had seen them was Sept.14th 2001 at the Schott in Columbus. This will be my first trip to Cincy to see TOOL. I'm up in the loge section 237 row E seat 1. Anyone in here know good places to go to eat/drink before or after the show that are close to US Bank Arena? Is it similar to the Arena District in Columbus around Nationwide?

Cple other questions, what are beer prices like inside the arena and are they real hard asses about people burning one? I know we can't smoke at all inside public places in Ohio, just seeing if anyone in here has gotten away with smoking a left handed cig inside there.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb_45662 View Post
Alomg with Blackbird71 and Jbuck I was at that last Columbus show also. First time I had seen them was Sept.14th 2001 at the Schott in Columbus. This will be my first trip to Cincy to see TOOL. I'm up in the loge section 237 row E seat 1. Anyone in here know good places to go to eat/drink before or after the show that are close to US Bank Arena? Is it similar to the Arena District in Columbus around Nationwide?

Cple other questions, what are beer prices like inside the arena and are they real hard asses about people burning one? I know we can't smoke at all inside public places in Ohio, just seeing if anyone in here has gotten away with smoking a left handed cig inside there.

I'm not going to the show, but my experience with this arena is that they are real hard asses. I'd be extremely careful about any illicit activity going on inside the arena. They will be right on top of you.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Beer prices are beer prices, my advice is to put a buzz on before the show if you're in walking distance or have a DD (but you knew that already). Cincinnati is DUI city, just ask the Bengals.

Also, as mercurykeith noted, they are hard asses at us bank. Wasn't so bad when I saw nin there a while back, but that was when smoking was legal indoors. Be careful.

Also, downtown Cincinnati is crap compared to the arena district in Columbus. You're better off crossing the river and getting something to eat in Newport, or just puttin' the buzz on at your hotel/residence/what have you. I love the arena district and wish Cinci had something like it. Unfortunately the only things to do downtown are Reds and Bengals games, and concerts. I wish they'd roll through Columbus or Cleveland again just for the sake of the atmosphere in and around the arenas in these cities.

Freemena, although it probably won't top my favorite show last year, don't worry. Tool, even on an off-night, is awesome live, and you won't forget it.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #23
Watch the Weather Change

Damn...I figured there would be more posters that are going to this show.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah... tool at nationwide was fuckin awesome... but i dont know about at us bank... i've heard the sound there isnt that great..... also like others have said downtown cincy isnt that great... go over to newport and get drunk at the hofbrau haus if thats your thing
Old 05-16-2007, 06:29 AM   #25
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
go over to newport and get drunk at the hofbrau haus if thats your thing
That place is great and has good beer also.

Ive been to a few showsat US Bank arena including Tool and the soundis pretty good.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #26
Banned.

Yes! I thought at first I wasn't going to be able to take the time off from work, so I couldn't buy my tickets until yesterday. Granted, I'm in the middle of the nosebleed section (I think) Section 211, row E. But according to the chart I will at least be able to see the entire band. I am so excited.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

The last time they played at US Bank the whole damn place smelled like a Rastafarian convention. Provided you're not at the end of an aisle or in a rent-a-cop's face, I'd go right ahead and smoke that shit.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #28
submit and reveal what you hide and congeal

Bincount™: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidenn View Post
The July 1st show has been moved to my hometown Youngstown, Ohio. Sooo excited to see these guys again in my hometown!!!!!!!

For details

www.realrock104.com
www.chevroletcentre.com
do you live right in youngstown or outside of it?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #29
Watch the Weather Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile1230 View Post
The last time they played at US Bank the whole damn place smelled like a Rastafarian convention. Provided you're not at the end of an aisle or in a rent-a-cop's face, I'd go right ahead and smoke that shit.
Blaze up!

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get away with.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
Got my tickets this morning, see all you sick fucks there!!!

Section 130, Row K

My tickets finally arrived in the mail.
Section 130, Row H, Seats 1, 2, & 3.

A few rows infront of you.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile1230 View Post

Yeah, but that was before the horse shit Issue 5 smoking ban. I personally wouldn't risk it. That being said, I'm a cigarette smoker, and I've never smoked at a TOOL concert. Mainly because I'm afraid of being caught, but also because I understand that it turns the band off, and I don't want to diminish their energy at all.
5/15/2006 -- Fox Theatre, Detroit, MI | 9/21/2006 -- Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
6/17/2007 -- Roberts Stadium, Evansville, IN | 6/29/2007 -- U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH
Old 05-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

I saw Tool in Columbus last year and I fear it's going to remain the highlight of my concert life.

I saw The Pot

I saw Vicaorious,

and I saw Aenima.

At my very first tool show.

NOTHING will top that.

That being said, I have some pit tix available.

Look on eBay for the ones with free shipping. They're cheaper than the others.

Sold by UNixFreak. That's your clue.

Special times await.

Last edited by FrankBlack007; 05-23-2007 at 08:06 PM..
Old 05-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't smoke at the concert if it worries you. If they are dicks about things there, then why risk getting kicked out after spending the money for the tickets? Do what you gotta do before the show... so what if your buzz wears off.... Its Tool.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

I will have to agree that I saw the Columbus show last year and I was on the floor. The crowd was amazing. Sound was great. Band was tight. I saw them in Cleveland 2 days later and it was a let down. I will be seeing them in Atlanta, Cincy, and Huntington WV and I hope 1 of these will come close to the Columbus show, which was unbelievable. Anyone from Tool Army meeting up before the show?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iswingonthespiral View Post
I will have to agree that I saw the Columbus show last year and I was on the floor. The crowd was amazing. Sound was great. Band was tight. I saw them in Cleveland 2 days later and it was a let down. I will be seeing them in Atlanta, Cincy, and Huntington WV and I hope 1 of these will come close to the Columbus show, which was unbelievable. Anyone from Tool Army meeting up before the show?
Wow man, I wish I could do what you're doing.

The Columbus show was phenomenal, wasn't it. I remember walking out after the show in the warm night air and, on a dare from my wife (I'm an introvert), yelling "Whooo!"

Everyone around me erupted. I just smiled. Tool clearly left us wanting more. But it was such a *positive* energy. I'm old (35) but I've never felt that communion of excitement in any of the 60 concerts I'd seen (Slayer is just a whole 'nother vibe, and you know you're gonna be hurt, but that's how it is).

Pink Floyd, meet Black Sabbath. And at Nationwide, the crowd knew it.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:41 PM   #36
Level 4 - Thinker

Not for nothin', but my cousin got some pit tickets (yes, it's really my cousin, not me I GOT MINE). He doesn't know that much about Tool (won the tickets from a radio station...WEBN?) , but I told him to not charge for shipping so if you're looking for pit tickets... try this. I just dont' think I could handle Tool in a pit, LOL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Tool-Tickets-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Again, I have no stake in it. But no one's bid yet, so it might be worth a look. Last time I checked it was cheap.

Last edited by FrankBlack007; 05-24-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

35 aint old. I am 31. I have been to at least 250 concerts and that was in the top 5. Columbus was a perfect show. Crowd was great, sound was excallent, seats were killer, and Tool was unbelievable. So much energy. What a night.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iswingonthespiral View Post
35 aint old. I am 31. I have been to at least 250 concerts and that was in the top 5. Columbus was a perfect show. Crowd was great, sound was excallent, seats were killer, and Tool was unbelievable. So much energy. What a night.
You're just a kid to me. LOL Just kidding!

Ain't it great we saw "The Pot" et al with a great crowd? I mean, the wife and I were the only ones standing up and yes, "headbanging", for Aenima. Not that I'm complaining, but the wife told me "F*ck these people" before we got up and moved our body's worth. Silly, maybe. But I"ll take that crowd over anything.

-FB
Old 05-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #39
Level 2 - Poster

I was at the sept Nationwide show too. It was good, but am I the ONLY one that got tons of high pitch feedback from Adam's guitar? I was front row lower level far end sec 113. This may be just my ears as I hear high pitch sounds that many people around me dont hear. Anyone who has taken a hearing test in earphones telling the operator if you heard a noise in the left or right can understand where I am coming from.

As far as best show: Agora, Cleveland, Oct 96 beyond a doubt. Small intimate setting like the Agora and the first tour for Aenema album. I was FURIOUS that I could not get tickets for the small venue tour last spring in either Chi-town or Bean-town either of which my schedule allowed. $500 scalpers be damned!

Anyway, I am considering making the drive to cinci for this show as its closer than youngstown.
Ozzfest '98 - Rubber Bowl, Akron under a dead ohio sky
Cleveland sept '01
Nationwide Arena, Columbus OH 9/06
Old 06-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #40
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahque L View Post
I was at the sept Nationwide show too. It was good, but am I the ONLY one that got tons of high pitch feedback from Adam's guitar? I was front row lower level far end sec 113. This may be just my ears as I hear high pitch sounds that many people around me dont hear. Anyone who has taken a hearing test in earphones telling the operator if you heard a noise in the left or right can understand where I am coming from.

As far as best show: Agora, Cleveland, Oct 96 beyond a doubt. Small intimate setting like the Agora and the first tour for Aenema album. I was FURIOUS that I could not get tickets for the small venue tour last spring in either Chi-town or Bean-town either of which my schedule allowed. $500 scalpers be damned!

Anyway, I am considering making the drive to cinci for this show as its closer than youngstown.
I can't tell you what section I was in, only that it was nosebleed center back (and perfect).

Don't know about Agora, but it sounds like it was intense. Nationwide was my first Tool concert, and it was amazing...fucking flabbergasting.

That being said...the Cincy show is going to suffer in comparison. These guys are clearly burning themselves out on the "!0,000 Dates" tour. Maynard spoke all the time during Aenima's tour. Spoke often, but less, on Lateralus' tour. Said a few "Maynardisms" last year at Nationwide. Now what I read is he's silent. Obviously he is tiring of the crowds...Roger Waters did the same thing with Floyd. It's no longer fulfilling to him. And if it's no longer fulfilling with him, it can't be fulfilling with Adam, Danny and Justin. TOO MANY SHOWS. I seriously doubt they will ever do another tour this big. The album and songs are too personal to perform to shitheads every night. Not the people here, of course, but you know who I mean. The real Tool fans are, sadly, a minority of the beer-swilling, shouting, laser-pointing, moshing lizards that attend these concerts. Not to be Captian Buzzkill, but enjoy them while you have them.

...And I fucking will enjoy them. It could end no other way.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: