opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 07. Hooker with a Penis
User Name
Password
Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Whispering in sections.

Just wondering if anyone knows whats being whispered on the song, think its the left channel, quite low volume, its starts not to far into the song and is there most of the way.

Any thoughts?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
i suck @ creativity

Bincount™: 43
Re: Whispering in sections.

T.D.N. FAQ is helpful

G44. What's that whispering in "Hooker with a Penis"?

As usual, Maynard is just whispering away. Most notably, at 1:40 into the song, he says something which has so far only been deciphered as "consume, be fruitful, and multiply." Originally thought to be a Bill Hicks quote, it appears he jacked it from the Bible, Genesis 1:28. Other whispering, it has been suggested, is him reading a list of merchandise, though we don't know that for sure.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, as the FAQ states its starts at 1:40 and lasts till the end. From what i can discern from listiening, it seems to loop, when it hits the chorus the same whispering sound can be heard each time.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
i suck @ creativity

Bincount™: 43

Hey no problem, I listened to the song after I read your post. I didn't hear it though(not the greatest headphones).
Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 117

i finally heard this yesterday but i'm puzzled to why he would put it in this song?
Old 07-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

It always sounded to me like he's whispering sections of the "Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever even heard my name..." part, and they reversed them, messed with the recording a bit, and looped it.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

bill hicks......old news dudes
Old 07-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

this isnt the only song where there is really low lyrics secluded to a channel. have you ever been listening to 1 of their songs through some headphones, and then you thought someone was talking to you....and you look around, no ones there....its because they do this over a lot of songs....i think mostly its meant to fuck with you.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: