Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Here's a thought...

Perhaps the new album isn't being released just yet...perhaps it's the DVD. Wouldn't this explain the Alex Grey-ish cover art?

C'mon, do you really think Lost Keys is a title? Rosetta Stoned? I think a more logical explanation might be that the song titles on toolband are code names for existing songs...observe:

* Wings for Marie (pt1 and 2) = parabol /parabola
* Viginti Tres - Triad
* The Pot - The Grudge
* Intension - Disposition

Also, haven't we learned not to believe anything that's posted on toolband on 4/1?

Not married to the idea but it makes more marketing sense to release the DVD first and then the new stuff. I'll let the truly obsessed fans on this board poke holes in my theory...and that's all it is...a theory.

Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Educate yourselves to THIS reality...

Here's a thought...

Perhaps the new album isn't being released just yet...perhaps it's the DVD. Wouldn't this explain the Alex Grey-ish cover art?

C'mon, do you really think Lost Keys is a title? Rosetta Stoned? I think a more logical explanation might be that the song titles on toolband are code names for existing songs...observe:

* Viginti Tres - Triad
* The Pot - The Grudge

Also, haven't we learned not to believe anything that's posted on toolband on 4/1?

Not married to the idea but it makes more marketing sense to release the DVD first and then the new stuff. I'll let the truly obsessed fans on this board poke holes in my theory...and that's all it is...a theory.

Enjoy!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
#Notion's Avatar #Notion
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM

Lets move out of denial.. and into reality... hows that?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18
Re: Educate yourselves to THIS reality...

Lets move out of denial.. and into reality... hows that?
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
04-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Its funny, each time I read posts like this I internalize what is said and think to myself "I bet this person has less than 5 posts at the time of this writing."

Looks like I was right!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Its funny, each time I read posts like this I internalize what is said and think to myself "I bet this person has less than 5 posts at the time of this writing."

Looks like I was right!
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM

Holy Crap! They're just releasing Lateralus again with another name. Genius!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Holy Crap! They're just releasing Lateralus again with another name. Genius!
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM

you forgot...

Vicarious = Lateralus
Old 04-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

you forgot...

Vicarious = Lateralus
tyroneslothrop's Avatar tyroneslothrop
04-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey

Enjoy!
First of all, nothing got posted on toolband on 4\1 except a confirmation of the new single's release date. The name, art, and tracklisting of 10,000 days were all posted a good deal prior to 4\1.

But that isn't even the point. Who the fuck started the idea that toolband.com has anything to with april fools' day jokes? It was involved in exactly one joke: last year's bornagainmaynard joke. That hardly sets a precedent for expecting an elaborate hoax either involving or fooling the majority of the online retail sector.

new album: 10,000 days. Rosetta Stoned is a song. fuckin deal with it.
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
Old 04-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:

Enjoy!
First of all, nothing got posted on toolband on 4\1 except a confirmation of the new single's release date. The name, art, and tracklisting of 10,000 days were all posted a good deal prior to 4\1.

But that isn't even the point. Who the fuck started the idea that toolband.com has anything to with april fools' day jokes? It was involved in exactly one joke: last year's bornagainmaynard joke. That hardly sets a precedent for expecting an elaborate hoax either involving or fooling the majority of the online retail sector.

new album: 10,000 days. Rosetta Stoned is a song. fuckin deal with it.
"The greatest hazard of all, losing the self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss- an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc.- is sure to be noticed"-Kierkegaard
Hippo
04-11-2006, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Enjoy!
I didn't.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Enjoy!
I didn't.
Dredg's Avatar Dredg
04-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Here's a thought...

* Viginti Tres - Triad
* The Pot - The Grudge

Enjoy!

Just to educate yourself. None of those track names were released on April Fools Day. You can bitch and moan about how the song titles are not as cool as the previous made up words on Lateralus all you want. It is not going to change the fact the band has a certain concept in which the current track list pretains to.

I don't know what kind of idiot would judge an upcoming album based on track names without listening to ANY of the music and lyrics.

Just say it right here and now. You like Linkin Park and you want to lick their assholes.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Here's a thought...

* Viginti Tres - Triad
* The Pot - The Grudge

Enjoy!

Just to educate yourself. None of those track names were released on April Fools Day. You can bitch and moan about how the song titles are not as cool as the previous made up words on Lateralus all you want. It is not going to change the fact the band has a certain concept in which the current track list pretains to.

I don't know what kind of idiot would judge an upcoming album based on track names without listening to ANY of the music and lyrics.

Just say it right here and now. You like Linkin Park and you want to lick their assholes.
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Retract thine claws...

1. I'm saying it's possible the album is not being released before the DVD - not that they're re-releasing Lateralus.
2. Low posts? So what? I have a job.
3. Vicarious may indeed equal Lateralus

Do you really think "Lost Keys" is a name of a TOOL song?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Retract thine claws...

1. I'm saying it's possible the album is not being released before the DVD - not that they're re-releasing Lateralus.

jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredg

Who's judging? I'm merely throwing out the possibility that we are being duped into thinking the album is coming out. Surely you've been a fan long enough to expect a prank?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Who's judging? I'm merely throwing out the possibility that we are being duped into thinking the album is coming out. Surely you've been a fan long enough to expect a prank?
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
YES
Old 04-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

Quote:
YES
04-11-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint
YES
Have you seen the DVD bootleg from NYC where Alex Grey is in the audience? Right after Triad Maynard thanks the drum tech (whatever his name is...maybe Hoffman) and says you can find him at Walmart where he'll be finding people's lost keys. That show was 3 years ago...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:41 PM   #12
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
YES
Have you seen the DVD bootleg from NYC where Alex Grey is in the audience? Right after Triad Maynard thanks the drum tech (whatever his name is...maybe Hoffman) and says you can find him at Walmart where he'll be finding people's lost keys. That show was 3 years ago...
JuhaDeWolf's Avatar JuhaDeWolf
04-11-2006, 03:42 PM

Yeah... actually, that track listing isn't real.

Teh uber true T00L album es...

1. Intro/The Weight
2. Fermentation
3. Crystalisation
4. First Fruits
5. Further Out
6. Fractured
7. Whole
8. Splinters
9. Gathering In
10. Forging Anew
Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Yeah... actually, that track listing isn't real.

Teh uber true T00L album es...

1. Intro/The Weight
2. Fermentation
3. Crystalisation
4. First Fruits
5. Further Out
6. Fractured
7. Whole
8. Splinters
9. Gathering In
10. Forging Anew
04-11-2006, 03:42 PM

As much as I would love the DVD to be released, the chances are its not. It only makes sense that its the cd =[
Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

As much as I would love the DVD to be released, the chances are its not. It only makes sense that its the cd =[
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
04-11-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I never knew that one. has anyone posted this?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69

Quote:
04-11-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Do you really think that the album is not coming out May 2nd when the post by blair specifically says "new TOOL ALBUM to be released May 2nd"?

He doesn't say "Tool Release", "new thing from Tool", "ambiguous item containing Tool music". He says "new TOOL ALBUM". Period.

I don't see how that leaves any room for interpretation. But then again I remember someone on these boards claiming that the statement by Blair "the name of the new album is...drumroll...10,000 Days" didn't "sound very final"....so nothing I read here, no matter how inane, surprises me anymore.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Do you really think that the album is not coming out May 2nd when the post by blair specifically says "new TOOL ALBUM to be released May 2nd"?

He doesn't say "Tool Release", "new thing from Tool", "ambiguous item containing Tool music". He says "new TOOL ALBUM". Period.

I don't see how that leaves any room for interpretation. But then again I remember someone on these boards claiming that the statement by Blair "the name of the new album is...drumroll...10,000 Days" didn't "sound very final"....so nothing I read here, no matter how inane, surprises me anymore.
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346
I'll be set either way - would love the new album first, of course. Just find things a bit odd...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346
I'll be set either way - would love the new album first, of course. Just find things a bit odd...
dan's Avatar dan
04-11-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch

Looks like I was right!
Speak for yourself, Mr. (or Mrs.) Registered-Since-February :P
Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #18
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch

Looks like I was right!
Speak for yourself, Mr. (or Mrs.) Registered-Since-February :P
04-11-2006, 03:45 PM

jiveturkey... you are an idiot
Old 04-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #19
On Probation

psims23
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Retract thine claws...

yes and it's a bloody brilliant name
Old 04-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Retract thine claws...

jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Not kidding, sir - guaranteed. He also thanks some dude playing keyboards and says something about him being employee of the month at walmart.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #21
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Not kidding, sir - guaranteed. He also thanks some dude playing keyboards and says something about him being employee of the month at walmart.
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub

Look - none of us truly KNOW anything at this point. I may be wrong...just throwing it out there.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

Look - none of us truly KNOW anything at this point. I may be wrong...just throwing it out there.
Carbonatedgravy

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped "Lost Keys" and simply called it Blame Hoffmann. I'm not saying it will happen, but wasn't "H." changed from "Half Empty" at one point?

Either way, it's still a real song.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped "Lost Keys" and simply called it Blame Hoffmann. I'm not saying it will happen, but wasn't "H." changed from "Half Empty" at one point?

Either way, it's still a real song.
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub

I'll tell you what this board really needs....more people asserting "No way is Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned/Wings for Marie/Right in Two a Tool trak name".
Old 04-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

I'll tell you what this board really needs....more people asserting "No way is Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned/Wings for Marie/Right in Two a Tool trak name".
jiveturkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by psims23
Perhaps if this was a Limp Bizkit board...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psims23
Perhaps if this was a Limp Bizkit board...
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerbartkramer
Thanks, I love you too.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerbartkramer
Thanks, I love you too.
Madklikor
04-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Today was released in a french magazine called Hard Rock an interview of the band. Justin says in this interview that they thought about making a DVD, but the new album took them away from it. He basically says THERE IS NO DVD in the works. On another note, Maynard says that APC is over.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Today was released in a french magazine called Hard Rock an interview of the band. Justin says in this interview that they thought about making a DVD, but the new album took them away from it. He basically says THERE IS NO DVD in the works. On another note, Maynard says that APC is over.
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No assertions...merely opinions...and this is the Opinion board, right?

Is it mob mentality around here or what?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
No assertions...merely opinions...and this is the Opinion board, right?

Is it mob mentality around here or what?
Dredg's Avatar Dredg
04-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:

I have been a fan long enough to know the only pranks they make are on April Fools.

edit: by suggesting that the track names suck you are assuming the concept sucks. Do you know what the concept is? Have you listened to the lyrics?

Last edited by Dredg; 04-11-2006 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #29
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

I have been a fan long enough to know the only pranks they make are on April Fools.

edit: by suggesting that the track names suck you are assuming the concept sucks. Do you know what the concept is? Have you listened to the lyrics?

Last edited by Dredg; 04-11-2006 at 03:52 PM..
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
Didn't the one review by that DJ (the one that is no longer available) make mention that Adam couldn't be there because he was back in LA working on the DVD?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #30
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Didn't the one review by that DJ (the one that is no longer available) make mention that Adam couldn't be there because he was back in LA working on the DVD?
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM

and how do you explain the "LISTENING" sessions?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Perhaps...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Perhaps...
jiveturkey
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle
Is this the same listening session by the DJ that is now no longer available? The same one that mentions that Adam's working on the DVD?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #33
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyyuulle
Is this the same listening session by the DJ that is now no longer available? The same one that mentions that Adam's working on the DVD?
Madklikor

Quote:
He was working on the video for the single, not the DVD.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #34
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
He was working on the video for the single, not the DVD.
machinelike's Avatar machinelike

educate yourself to my cock down your throat. :)
i might as well act like 'most' others on this board.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 6

bentTOOL23's Avatar bentTOOL23
04-11-2006, 03:54 PM

tool has yet to disapoint me.

whatever they give us- i'm gonna take.

dont care wat its called as long as the music doesnt suck.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

tool has yet to disapoint me.

whatever they give us- i'm gonna take.

dont care wat its called as long as the music doesnt suck.
04-11-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinelike
LOL. So much for thinking for yourself. This board's subtitle should be "Think for yourself...as long as you think what we think"
Old 04-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinelike
LOL. So much for thinking for yourself. This board's subtitle should be "Think for yourself...as long as you think what we think"
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-11-2006, 03:57 PM

yes tool fooled magazine writers into thinking a live DVD with all previously recorded material on it was ACTUALLY 70+ minutes of brand-spankin new music with influences never heard in albums prior.

man tool is awesome
Old 04-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #38
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

yes tool fooled magazine writers into thinking a live DVD with all previously recorded material on it was ACTUALLY 70+ minutes of brand-spankin new music with influences never heard in albums prior.

man tool is awesome
bentTOOL23's Avatar bentTOOL23
04-11-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
APC is over.
...thank god.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
APC is over.
...thank god.
04-11-2006, 03:58 PM

The exact quote (rough translation) :
"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."
Old 04-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #40
Level 7 - Loquacious

The exact quote (rough translation) :
"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply