opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #161
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/03/15-16 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

NEED TICKETS TO ANY VEGAS SHOW PLEASE. PLEASE.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #162
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

Good luck. Didn't you hear? The fans don't get tickets anymore. Only richie fucks or scalpers. Sorry!

Oh well at least I saw them when they were better - Lateralus tour. Ever since this new album came out there has been nothing but bad luck or shitty situations with these guys.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #163
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briznitch View Post
Oh well at least I saw them when they were better - Lateralus tour. Ever since this new album came out there has been nothing but bad luck or shitty situations with these guys.
that's not true...i got to meet my girlfriend thru the 10000 days tour and we are happily in love :)

but in terms of rich pple and scalpers, i do agree, fuckin horseshit man...sorry u werent able to score tix (neither was i, nor did i even try, as i live in ny heh)

you could always try craigslist in the coming months, maybe someone will sell for a somewhat decent price.

good luck.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #164
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Or if there was a place they played like they should, like Thomas and Mack, there would be many thousands of seats available and almost everyone who wanted tickets would be able to. Even the Theatre Under The Stars had tickets available for a day or two. This is straight up ridiculous, I'll blame anybody I want. It's not 1 person's fault anyways, it's the whole lot of everybody. It all starts somewhere and fucks good people all the way down.

And that's the last time I give advice that works for me, all you peeps got thru on the phone and I didn't get shit. Damn backfire!
dude, fuck seeing tool in a giant arena. they arent fucking their fans when they play a place like that, they are making their fans dreams come true. this looks like it will be one of the best venues on the planet for live music. whats the rpoblem? sorry you didnt get in, but damn man these shows are gonna be so much better than any arena show could ever hope to be.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #165
On Probation

Quote:
Good luck. Didn't you hear? The fans don't get tickets anymore. Only richie fucks or scalpers. Sorry!

right, and i bet there wont be ANY fans at the show, only row after row of homeless dudes and scalpers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #166
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

I can understand the anger, but fans did get tickets as you can see here. It sucks that TOOL choose your town to do some small shows in but you are somewhat close to the New Mexico shows and Tucson shows.. make a vacation out of it! Secret Chiefs 3 is playnig the day after tool in tucson, go see em both, best 2 days of your life..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #167
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

sleepytime gorilla museum is playing the day after TOOL in Tucson and they are fkn fantastic live.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #168
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
dude, fuck seeing tool in a giant arena. they arent fucking their fans when they play a place like that, they are making their fans dreams come true. this looks like it will be one of the best venues on the planet for live music. whats the rpoblem? sorry you didnt get in, but damn man these shows are gonna be so much better than any arena show could ever hope to be.
Yeah, they are fucking fans over. I don't care if it's the best venue in the world, if it's too small to fit a good portion of your fans, you are fucking them over. Especially when you know that in this city, tickets like that go straight to scalpers first and foremost. Seeing a lot of bands in a place that holds 600 people would be the shit, but they'd be screwing over a vast majority of the people who really want to see them and don't have $800 to dish out to a scalper for a ticket. So I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Homeless dudes? I never mentioned that, I said rich fucks or scalpers. I got bills to pay, sorry. I'm talking real fans. I'm talking the kind of person who does almost anything for music, but because of some act of god doesn't have a million dollars to his name. The kind of person who will buy every record and shirt and poster and go to any show possible. Unfortunately now, they make the last part IMpossible.

I am thinking of Tucson. Not even half the price as Vegas for a ticket. I could drive there, see the show, eat good food, stay in a hotel, and it would still be cheaper than face value of one Vegas ticket. And the plus side = its' a reality. There are tickets available still for Tucson. WHY? BECAUSE IT'S A VENUE THAT FITS THE BAND. Must have been a decent promoter on top of that one. Not this andrew hewitt bullshit that always gets fucked up.

Tool is the only band I've ever heard of to play an arena in this town one year, then next time they come back and start playing way smaller places but they are more popular. Hmm interesting. Their booking agency blows my asshole after the greasy shit I am about to take.

p.s. FUCK I just got an email that even the handicapped seats are sold out LOL. Probably a scalper going to rape some honest handicapped person to get a handicapped seat. This world is fucked.

Last edited by Briznitch; 02-10-2007 at 04:05 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #169

yeah! SEcret cheifs 3 and Sleepytime Gorilla museam at the SAME FUCKINGS SHOW! They are rotating who the headliner is every other show, both those bands kick so much ass!

Hey Briznitch, If you *do* go to tucson I can get you a good deal at the hostel there, its a nice clean place and really cheap to stay at. The lady who runs it is smokin hot and nice also, a good friend who will give you a good deal ! Its not like some nasty hostels, its primo for hostel.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #170
Level 8 - Vociferous

Gonna have to see about having off work though, doubt I can swing it. It was tough enough requesting March 16 off. Oh well, at least now I have an extra day off work and can afford to have more fun at Coachella.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #171
Level 4 - Thinker

No, I really got those tickets. I got the 1 GA for Thursday's show after 10 minutes of trying and then got a set for Friday nights show in section 202. I'm amazed that I even got one ticket because I seem to get fucked over when it comes to events like this. I was stoked for Coachella, but this will be an awesome weekend too. 24 hour drinking law and legalized prostitution...I'll be one broke, hung over guy on Saturday.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #172
On Probation

Quote:
Yeah, they are fucking fans over. I don't care if it's the best venue in the world, if it's too small to fit a good portion of your fans, you are fucking them over. Especially when you know that in this city, tickets like that go straight to scalpers first and foremost. Seeing a lot of bands in a place that holds 600 people would be the shit, but they'd be screwing over a vast majority of the people who really want to see them and don't have $800 to dish out to a scalper for a ticket. So I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Homeless dudes? I never mentioned that, I said rich fucks or scalpers. I got bills to pay, sorry. I'm talking real fans. I'm talking the kind of person who does almost anything for music, but because of some act of god doesn't have a million dollars to his name. The kind of person who will buy every record and shirt and poster and go to any show possible. Unfortunately now, they make the last part IMpossible.

I am thinking of Tucson. Not even half the price as Vegas for a ticket. I could drive there, see the show, eat good food, stay in a hotel, and it would still be cheaper than face value of one Vegas ticket. And the plus side = its' a reality. There are tickets available still for Tucson. WHY? BECAUSE IT'S A VENUE THAT FITS THE BAND. Must have been a decent promoter on top of that one. Not this andrew hewitt bullshit that always gets fucked up.

Tool is the only band I've ever heard of to play an arena in this town one year, then next time they come back and start playing way smaller places but they are more popular. Hmm interesting. Their booking agency blows my asshole after the greasy shit I am about to take.

p.s. FUCK I just got an email that even the handicapped seats are sold out LOL. Probably a scalper going to rape some honest handicapped person to get a handicapped seat. This world is fucked.

i dont even know where to start. so, tool isnt allowed to play clubs anymore? the only place they can play where the sound is killer and the vibe is excellent? that seems like they would be fucking their fans if they didnt play clubs to me. dont bitch cause you didnt find a seat. tons of fans did. scalpers get tickets for every concert. if all you care about is an arena, then go to fucking tuscon. you said it yourself, its not that far and its affordable. but the fact remains that i would be fucking stoked if they played a club in my town. instead i have to fly across the country to see them in yours. to say tool are fucking their fans because they want to play TWO shows in potentially one of the best venues in the world, is down right rediculous.

and p.s getting handicapped seats is fucking dispicable. but i tried it once ;)
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #173
Level 8 - Vociferous

Trust me I know how "cool" the venue is going to be, I've heard. And yeah it would be awesome to see them there. But again my point is that they can't give their fans a fair chance to get tickets when there isn't many to begin with. It's known that scalpers get a big chunk of the tickets for these shows, and nothing is done by anybody. Playing a bigger place (and selling more tickets/potentially making more money) would accomodate pricing and ticket availability. It should be that if you have the money and want to go, you should have a fair chance at getting tickets. It's purely luck anymore, and it sucks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #174
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMan81 View Post
No, I really got those tickets. I got the 1 GA for Thursday's show after 10 minutes of trying and then got a set for Friday nights show in section 202. I'm amazed that I even got one ticket because I seem to get fucked over when it comes to events like this. I was stoked for Coachella, but this will be an awesome weekend too. 24 hour drinking law and legalized prostitution...I'll be one broke, hung over guy on Saturday.

Congrats dude. I am in 202 as well that first night! I could never even bring up any seats online for that second night though. I did get one through the phone but MAN was that ticket rep slow! I kept thinking while she was readin off her monologue about "no refunds, etc" that there was no reason to tell her to speed up since there was no way in hell I was going to get a Friday ticket anyway. But as soon as she was done I had her look and she brought up 5th row in 303. Fine by me since there's really no 'bad' seats in a place like the Pearl. I'm damned excited!
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #175
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
impossible
Actually it's not impossible. As a matter of fact that's when you usually get tickets for a show that sells out in seconds. I scored tix for the upcoming Vegas show and the Oakland show last year this way.

Think about how many people complain about getting tickets but getting booted out of the system before the transaction is complete. Also each page only gives you a certain amount of time to complete the info before you loose the tix. And let's not forget people whose credit cards decline. So about 5 minutes in tickets usually open up.
S.F. 6/12/92 | Mt. View 6/22/93 | S.F. 12/12/93 | S.F. 11/11/94 | S.F. 10.21.96 | Concord 8/15/97 | S.J. 8/30/98 | Indio 10/10/99 | Red Rocks 8/3/01 | Berkeley 8/10/01 | Berkeley 8/11/01 | Sac. 11/2/01 | Mt. View 11/3/01 | Oakland 7/12/02 | Sac. 7/13/02 | Trenton 8/12/02 | NYC 8/13/02 | Orem 10/12/02 | Col. Springs 10/13/02 | Fresno 11/22/02 | Reno 11/23/02 | Long Beach 11/24/02 | Oakland 5/4/06 | Marysville 9/2/06 | Oakland 9/3/06 | Reno 4/30/07 | S.F. 12/11/07 | SLC 7/19/09 | S.F. 7/12/10 | Sac. 7/13/10
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #176

Bincount™: 11

I just got two tickets from stubhub, section 302 row C, and it cost me 850 freaking dollars, but it was worth every penny. This show is going to be a once in a lifetime event, and I'm definitely willing to spend that cash to be at it. The emotion I got at the show in LA back in September was the most affirming feeling of life and the beauty of mankind. I can't wait to experience it again.

Last edited by anaphoria; 02-11-2007 at 12:14 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:37 AM   #177
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaphoria View Post
I just got two tickets from stubhub, section 302 row C, and it cost me 850 freaking dollars, but it was worth every penny. This show is going to be a once in a lifetime event, and I'm definitely willing to spend that cash to be at it. The emotion I got at the show in LA back in September was the most affirming feeling of life and the beauty of mankind. I can't wait to experience it again.
Well said!!! I would have gotten a single day tix, but it would have been too much money for the whole trip and im still trying to save up for Coachella...so hopefully, next time.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 AM   #178
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
i dont even know where to start. so, tool isnt allowed to play clubs anymore? the only place they can play where the sound is killer and the vibe is excellent? that seems like they would be fucking their fans if they didnt play clubs to me. dont bitch cause you didnt find a seat. tons of fans did. scalpers get tickets for every concert. if all you care about is an arena, then go to fucking tuscon. you said it yourself, its not that far and its affordable. but the fact remains that i would be fucking stoked if they played a club in my town. instead i have to fly across the country to see them in yours. to say tool are fucking their fans because they want to play TWO shows in potentially one of the best venues in the world, is down right rediculous.

and p.s getting handicapped seats is fucking dispicable. but i tried it once ;)
Im with you on that one. stop all the bickering!!! Any musician who has the opportunity of playing in an almost perfectly built venue, created for the musician, and be the first band to ever play in it!!! I mean its like a lil kid opening up his/her dream toy on christmas morning!!!

Its all business too. Tool mentioned that they are going to record this tour for a live CD/DVD set. The Pearl is built specifically for that, to allow the artist (s) to record straight into the onsite recording studio. Im happy for them cuz they are going to be the first ones to rock out in that venue and im sure they are somewhat excited about it.

many musicians are facking licking their chops right now about this venue and cant wait to play there...its about the musician and experience for both artist and fans when its about the Pearl...plus it facking Vegas, "Go big or go home"
Old 02-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #179
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Hey Briznitch, check here.
http://www.topticketsite.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=512710
$195 ain't too bad.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #180
Level 2 - Poster

Scored tix for both shows...paid a load but awesome seats especially Fri
Old 02-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #181
Level 1 - Lurker

1 SAN DEIGO PLUS CASH FOR 1 LV FRI, I TOTALY FUCKED UP AND MISSED THE PRE SALE FOR VEGAS.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #182
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaphoria View Post
Dude- geehzuz that's a lot of scratch! I dunno, I am always torn about using brokers. The more we use them, the more their existence is validated and they are the ones who are in there snapping up tickets during the regular sale.

OTOH, it's not like brokers are going anywhere anytime soon. And if you did not get in during the regular sale, then they are your best shot at getting a decent ticket. And for something like these shows at The Pearl, it's highly unlikely anyone around here is going to be parting with a ticket.

Either way, you are right about one thing- these shows are going to be a once in a lifetime event. Especially if their express purpose is to record a live DVD. How great would that be?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #183
Level 8 - Vociferous

I'm not even going to try for scalper tickets. Already paid $250 for the mini tour and $100 for the Theatre Under The Stars, plus I saw them back when the tour was better IMO on Lateralus tour, and before that as well so I'm good for this one I think. Yeah venue rules, yeah "possibly" recording but they've said shit about recording for years so I don't buy it. They might record but probably won't use it. Would be cool if they did though!

Bottom line, unless I find a ticket for close to face value, fuck it. I've had the times of my life at Tool shows that have cost me $40. Paying this much for tickets would take away something for me, I would be too worried about what they are playing and how badass of a production it is for my money, rather than just not caring how much I paid and seeing the show. I'm a broke dude with bills overdue, so I'll just save for Coachella and call it even. Seen Tool a bunch anyways. They'll be back in L.A. at some point so I'll try to catch them there maybe. Short drive.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #184
Level 4 - Thinker

I know this is a long shot, but I am interested in two tickets for Fridays night show if anyone has two extra.....
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #185

Bincount™: 11

ahh good luck. the cheapest tickets right now are $200 for that show. i remember the show in LA back in September when i thought paying over $150 was insane. Look how easily that changed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #186
Level 3 - Talker

Not that I have a shot, but I'm looking for one GA ticket for the Friday show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #187
Level 4 - Thinker

I saw some single GA tickets on Ebay for Thursday and Friday. Think they're running around $300 or something. Good luck. Screw StubHub. I'd rather have a banana in my pants when someone releases a rabid monkey.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #188

Anyone know a cheap hotel on the strip? I wana be walking distance from the show but want to be super cheap about the room? Any Advice? I heard circus circus is the best bet but dont know anything about the area. Thanks!
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #189
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer88 View Post
Anyone know a cheap hotel on the strip? I wana be walking distance from the show but want to be super cheap about the room? Any Advice? I heard circus circus is the best bet but dont know anything about the area. Thanks!

It looks like there may be a convention in town at that time because room prices are unusually insane. Even The Orleans, a decent off the strip place I normally stay for about $60 a night, are up at $170 a night. That usually means something is going on. Circus Circus is a dive but it works if you are just looking to crash. I ended up going with Excaliber and that is $120 a night. Not a great place but better than Circus Circus. Maybe check the Statosphere too.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #190
Level 4 - Thinker

No convention......you have a few things working against you that weekend. St. Patrick’s Day – First Round of NCAA Men’s Basketball Tourney (Biggest weekend for gamblers other than Super Bowl) and last but not least….college spring break. Their also might be a convention but that is not why the rooms are so expensive. This is going to be expensive as sh*t. I am going both nights and I just said f-it…I’m going to do it right and not worry about the money. What is the difference in saving $50-$100 if you are already paying a lot more than that anyway? These shows are going to be amazing so I say live a little and do it right.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #191
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

There are a couple really cheap places on Orbitz and Expedia. They are not casino/hotels, more like a Motel 6 or Travellodge, but they are around $69 per night. As far as the big casinos go, the cheapest I've found are Circus Circus and Frontier, both a little over $100 per.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #192
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl away View Post
No convention......you have a few things working against you that weekend. St. Patrick’s Day – First Round of NCAA Men’s Basketball Tourney (Biggest weekend for gamblers other than Super Bowl) and last but not least….college spring break. Their also might be a convention but that is not why the rooms are so expensive. This is going to be expensive as sh*t. I am going both nights and I just said f-it…I’m going to do it right and not worry about the money. What is the difference in saving $50-$100 if you are already paying a lot more than that anyway? These shows are going to be amazing so I say live a little and do it right.
Ok. Thanks for setting that straight. The tourney is a big reason for the prices I'm sure. Also, it looks like Donny Osmond is playing at The Orleans on those dates so that explains their price hike! LOL! I dunno, I still might stay Friday night too. I would not mind hanging through Saturday and doing a little sportbook action myself.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #193
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer88 View Post
Get a hotel room off the strip and take a taxi , its only like 6$
Old 02-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #194
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Scored a pair of tickets for the Thursday & Friday. This will be my first Tool show; rather excited.
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #195
Level 8 - Vociferous

The Palms is not on the strip anyways, it is near the Rio and Gold Rush on I think Flamingo. So staying at Circus would be a long ass hike to the Palms. Best bet is Rio, Excalibur isn't that far, Barbary Coast, or I think it's called Gold Rush or Gold Coast, Gold something across from the Palms. Or find a cheap ass motel and go for it, but don't expect anything with quality if you do that.

Nothing is going to be cheap that weekend, but if you have an extra ticket for the Friday show (I would pay) and some money for chronic, you can crash at my place for free and smoke with me. Then you pay for nothing and have a ride around town. Saves you a few hundred bucks.

Hmmmm think about it. Anybody.

Last edited by Briznitch; 02-12-2007 at 01:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #196
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
The Palms is not on the strip anyways, it is near the Rio and Gold Rush on I think Flamingo. So staying at Circus would be a long ass hike to the Palms. Best bet is Rio, Excalibur isn't that far, Barbary Coast, or I think it's called Gold Rush or Gold Coast, Gold something across from the Palms. Or find a cheap ass motel and go for it, but don't expect anything with quality if you do that.

Nothing is going to be cheap that weekend, but if you have an extra ticket for the Friday show (I would pay) and some money for chronic, you can crash at my place for free and smoke with me. Then you pay for nothing and have a ride around town. Saves you a few hundred bucks.

Hmmmm think about it. Anybody.
Did you get your tickets yet....?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #197
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
There are a couple really cheap places on Orbitz and Expedia. They are not casino/hotels, more like a Motel 6 or Travellodge, but they are around $69 per night. As far as the big casinos go, the cheapest I've found are Circus Circus and Frontier, both a little over $100 per.
JWB, thanks for the heads up on calling TM instead of doing the online thing, was able to score great seats at face value for both nights. Anyone planning to hook up before the shows for drinks...?
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #198

Anybody know how quick these sold? I had a really rough Friday night and didnt wake up til 3pm. I wanted to get up at 10am so I could make sure and get 3 tickets. I went to the site knowing they would be sold out, but I had to try. Anyone know how quick they went? I want to make myself feel a little less sickened knowing they sold out ultra fast since the venue only holds a little over 2000 people. Please, someone cheer me up! haha Im a sad lil Tool fan :(
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #199
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminus View Post
Anybody know how quick these sold? I had a really rough Friday night and didnt wake up til 3pm. I wanted to get up at 10am so I could make sure and get 3 tickets. I went to the site knowing they would be sold out, but I had to try. Anyone know how quick they went? I want to make myself feel a little less sickened knowing they sold out ultra fast since the venue only holds a little over 2000 people. Please, someone cheer me up! haha Im a sad lil Tool fan :(
12 minutes, both shows.......
OFFLINE |  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #200
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by akman46&2 View Post
JWB, thanks for the heads up on calling TM instead of doing the online thing, was able to score great seats at face value for both nights. Anyone planning to hook up before the shows for drinks...?
Nice. I got the same, and I'm definitely in for some warm-up beers.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: