opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2006, 05:22 AM   #121
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: 2006/05/08 - Dallas, TX - McFarlin Auditorium

I'm pretty sure its an all seated event
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #122
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Seated would be cool. That way you could be close and not have to fight off douche bags.
On a side note, I'm sure everyone here wants tickets as close as possible, but with a show like this I think we should gladly take whatever we can get.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 AM   #123
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10
Seated would be cool. That way you could be close and not have to fight off douche bags.
On a side note, I'm sure everyone here wants tickets as close as possible, but with a show like this I think we should gladly take whatever we can get.

agreed
plus this show might be pretty chill
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #124
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 259
Great, have to wait for the fall tour.....

Tool is actually going to Dallas, and I can't go because of finals. Now I'll have to see them in the fall at an arena, most likely the AAC.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #125
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

hahaha

"ill be needing pit tickets guys. Thanx! TOOL RULES!"

hahaha jeeeezus
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #126
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10

im sure everything will look great no matter where you are seating.

some places just might be worse than others...for example front row people, it will actually be like your at the movie theatres with your heads directly at 90 degrees.

i'd rather be middle middle or middle R or L

front row balconies are blessed as well
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #127
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

i was talking to a friend and he has been there and he said that plano schools have graduation there and thats about 5000 people, he said it may only have 2300 seats but its not counting the pit, so thats just some hear say, take it or leave it
Old 04-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #128
Level 3 - Talker

Ok guys, I haven't been here in a little while, I don't really know what's going on and I'm at work so I can't really read every single post in this thread... can someone tell me what's up in a nutshell? By the way, I will try to get 2 tickets online, it all depends on my check account ;) and still I will be using only one, so if I manage to get 2, there would be one more to the list ;)

Summary: Will try my best to get 2, need only 1
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #129
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

im mos def getting one for myself, but ill buy as many as it lets me and help my local friends first and then if i have any more i will post them on here
Old 04-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #130
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidabyss
i was talking to a friend and he has been there and he said that plano schools have graduation there and thats about 5000 people, he said it may only have 2300 seats but its not counting the pit, so thats just some hear say, take it or leave it
On the radio, she said 2300 tickets. Not 2300 seats. So there could be a pit, or they may not be selling balconies. Or a bit of both...Either way, its going to be a hell of a show.

Kato: Unless someone objects, all extra tickets are going to be counted and distributed out to people who did not get tickets. If there are enough extras for each person to get 1, each will get one. If there is enough for each to get 2, they will get 2. When it gets to the point where there are not enough, they will be distributed in a lottery. If, in the very rare situation that there are more left over than anyone needs, where those go will be entirely up to the ticketholder.

Did anyone try to get tickets online for the last minitour? Is the radio DJs "30 second sell out" prediction accurate? If this 30 seconds is actually closer to, even just 3 minutes, people would have time to be picky and refresh a few times to find seats they want. If I get seats, im buying the first thing that pops up but I know some people dont want to do this...would it be reasonable for them to try and get better seats? Anyone have any experience with this?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #131
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

hello all. i'm just going straight for max available tickets and see what comes back. can't wait. on a personal note i'd just like to say that it's pretty cool to read our little corner of this board and the overall vibe of taking care of fellow TOOL fans.

cheers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #132
Level 4 - Thinker

Just a quick update from me. I have enlisted some of my non-TOOL fan friends (their loss) to jump on the "service charge experts" site at the designated time and buy the max for me (us). With any luck, I (we) will have many extra. No promises, but many hands make for light work. Good luck everyone! see you there!

*P
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #133
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

Hey, I'd like to clarify my position. I need 3 tickets, and will do my best to buy one extra depending on how many it lets you buy, and if I have enough money. Are we going to mail these extra tickets to other people? Because I'm not sending out a ticket I paid for until I get paid. Should we maybe use Paypal? Maybe this has already been discussed, but we need to plan the logistics of all this.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #134
Level 3 - Talker

Quick update: my history final is tuesday morning at 8, not monday at 8. Fuck! Meaning, I can't go because dallas is about 3.5 hours away and i need sleep before my final. Now I have to wait until 28/6...imma go cry some more.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #135
Level 4 - Thinker

xPTCx= I will try online and purchase the max.
I need 2 and will post whatever is left here. Using network of friends for more

bluenote= Need: 2 tickets, going for 2 xtra
Can purchase: X tickets?

RodeoJones= I'll be trying to get my ticket online. I only need one but I'll try and get 2 for someone on these boards. You can add me to the list of people trying for online. (needs 1, going for 2)

Natalie Portman= I'm going to need 3 tickets, going for broke w/ 1 xtra

Vassup= I will buy max tickets if I can via online.(toolarmy nick: hector) Need 2, xtra 2

Futureal= I will try to get 3 extra if it looks like its going to be necessary. I only need 1. (needs 1, will buy 3)

Khadgar346= I just need 2 tickets and Ill try to purchase 2 extras for anyone else that needs them.(needs 2, will buy 4)

chongi= I'll be trying to get two for myself, and one extra. (needs 2, will buy 3)

the great collapse= if i manage to get one for myself, i'll try to get one extra(needs 1, will buy 2)

Blue10= I only need 1 ticket
I'll max out if i get in and let you guys know!
(oh yeah, i'm buying online) TOOLARMY NICK: wcpopp(needs 1, will buy 4)

Heller: Need 2 , buying max as well as friend in ATL buying max tix to come to the show( needs 2, will buy 4)

Kfrinkle - I need two, but will try to shoot for three. ( needs 2, will buy 3)

Red Villiam - Possible extra set. (will buy 2)

Kato - Needs 1, Trying for 2

Hatless- I will be trying to get two tickets off of TM come Saturday morning. One of the two will be used for sure, the second might become available if my friend can't get a ride. I might go for three tickets( with 1 or 2 available)

aziraphale- I need two tickets. I'll try to buy two, might have an extra

plexus: needs 4, will buy as many as possible.

mindseye- Needs 3, will buy 1 xtra

CaliCrackDealer - Needs 2, will buy max.

AgentDMT - Needs: 2 | Will Buy: Maximum

Secular glitch - Needs 1, will buy max (4)

chewygarner - Need 1, will buy 1 extra.

Tmackc - Needs 4 or 2. Will buy max.

tabula.rassa - Needs 2, will buy max

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea

Keep adding to this thread

Last edited by Vassup; 04-19-2006 at 06:49 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #136

Bincount™: 1

I'm going to camp out (if necessary) at a ticketmaster outlet close to me, and will also have around 6 or 7 people online, with speed checkout, tyring to buy the MAX. I will need 4 tickets. Shit I hope we can pull this off.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #137

Some more info: I have a friend who goes to SMU. She said McFarlin is all seated, with two balconies. There are going to be 2,200 tix for sale, the place seats around 2,400. I've talked to a lot of people who don't know about this concert, so I think we've all got a decent chance at grabbing a good number of tickets. I just deposited a lot of my savings account into my checking so I can max out. Did I read earlier that they're $55 a pop?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #138

Seating chart: http://www.smu.edu/auxiliaryservices/McFarlin/McFarlinchart.xls
Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #139
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey!

Add me on the list I need two and will try to buy max
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #140
Level 3 - Talker

Just my two cents, maybe shouldn't try to buy max tickets everyone. If everyone tries to buy max (whatever amount it is) at the same time, people may end up with no tickets instead of one or two extra. I am going to try to get one extra which would be four total and give one out on here. I figure just buying one or two above what you need may be better in the long run, when added up might work better than a bunch of people pressing max at 10 and getting nothing...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #141
Level 4 - Thinker

Hey guys, new poster here, longtime fan. Myself and 3 friends all want to go to the show. We're all pretty poor, but we have a shared credit card between us that we're going to buy 4 tickets (which i'm aassuming is the ticketmaster max?) with for ourselves if we get through online. Does this make us not elligible for the extra tickets that people are going to be getting here?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #142
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Natalie Portman: Its really up to whoever is selling. We cant force people to open Paypal accounts if they dont already have them. I would highly recommend it though. If the buyers want to mail money orders, it needs to be done as quickly as possible...like on Monday or Tuesday. If not, a swap outside the venue would work too. Personal checks will take too long to clear so no one should send personal checks.

Izep88: $55 plus Ticketmaster fees.

polyrythmic987: Max is 4, not 10. You have a point. It depends on how lopsided it is though. Most people will only be getting 1 or 2 extra as it is since they need 2 or 3 for themselves. Only a few people need 1 and are going to try to buy 4. We will see the distribution tomorrow night and make adjustments.

TuralyonW3: You are just fine. If you get an extra, come in here and let us know. If you dont get any, we will try to get you as many as is fair.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #143
Level 3 - Talker

Why the hell am I off the list?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #144
Level 4 - Thinker

RodeoJones= I'll be trying to get my ticket online. I only need one but I'll try and get 2 for someone on these boards. You can add me to the list of people trying for online. (needs 1, going for 2)

Vassup= I will buy max tickets if I can via online.(toolarmy nick: hector) Need 2, xtra 2

Futureal= I will try to get 3 extra if it looks like its going to be necessary. I only need 1. (needs 1, will buy 3)

Khadgar346= I just need 2 tickets and Ill try to purchase 2 extras for anyone else that needs them.(needs 2, will buy 4)

chongi= I'll be trying to get two for myself, and one extra. (needs 2, will buy 3)

the great collapse= if i manage to get one for myself, i'll try to get one extra(needs 1, will buy 2)

Heller: Need 2 , buying max as well as friend in ATL buying max tix to come to the show( needs 2, will buy 4)

Hatless- I will be trying to get two tickets off of TM come Saturday morning. One of the two will be used for sure, the second might become available if my friend can't get a ride. I might go for three tickets( with 1 or 2 available)

TuralyonW3 - Needs 4 or 2, will buy max

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #145
Level 4 - Thinker

just wondering, did I add my name on the correct place in the list? thanks
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #146
Level 3 - Talker

zier - Needs 1, will buy max

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #147

lzep86 - Needs 4, will camp out (if necessary) and buy max at actual ticket master location,plus multiple people buying max online (4 each)

Last edited by lzep86; 04-19-2006 at 11:13 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #148

Is anyone actually waiting in line? I know I am, but I'm not sure how much of an advantage (if any) that has. Any thoughts?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:30 AM   #149

Bincount™: 13

Why are people disappearing from the list? Ive been removed twice...:(

alicetooljam I need 2-3, will be on tm before 10am trying to get as many as possible.

lzep86 - Needs 4, will camp out (if necessary) and buy max at actual ticket master location,plus multiple people buying max online (4 each)

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #150

Does it make a difference what order the names are in? I've seen a couple people put their names in the middle of the list. I don't really care, just as long as it doesn't give prefference.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #151
Level 3 - Talker

looks like the asking price from scalpers will be around the $150+ range..., ticket postings already showing up on ebay...,

I thought there wasnt any presale for these shows.., vegas and dallas seem to be posted right now, and one of the uk shows.

Either they are gambling that they will get tix.., or they have some in with the venue people who are setting some aside

Either way.., it sucks for sat morning
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #152
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Izep86: The order does not matter. About waiting in line...there are 2 others so far who are doing it I think. They probably use a lottery though if a lot of people show up so it may be actually be far worse than using the internet. Depends on where you go really. Call them up, find out what time they open (lots of places open at 10 on Saturday which is too late unless they plan to have their computers up and running before 10) and ask if they are using a lottery.

Daminate: Nice find. No one has bid yet though...but it DOES have 91 views. Ridiculous...im sure the serious scalpers and "ticket brokers" (what a moronic phrase) already have huge blocks of seats. Thats how Ticketmaster works. Ive decided I am going to go somewhere else to use a computer on Saturday. Somewhere that has 7 megabits upstream as opposed to my cable modems 500 kilobits. If anyone else has similar options, I suggest you do it. 7 megabits will get your request to ticketmaster FAR faster for something like this that will sell out in less than a minute.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #153

I called a venue last night. They open at 9AM, which is awesome. The guy said they had no line as of then, but I'm guessing that may change. The good thing is that this venue is kind of out of the way as far as Tool fans may go, so who knows. I've got some people that live near it scouting, so if they see a line start to form on Friday (or earlier), I'm hopping in the car and camping out. I've got multiple internet buyers, so I can afford to risk camping out. I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster. They've got their lips shut, other than the date the tickets go one sale. The guy I talked to did say that the best bet is to buy online though. I still may camp out, I don't know. I'll post it if I do.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #154
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

BAD NEWS:

I just got off the phone with 2 ticketmaster locations in Texas and they both told me that max tickets for this show is 2.

I dont know how much the people at TM retail outlets would know but...this sucks. He looked on his computer and said it had max of 2 for the "initial onsale."

This is really going to ruin everything for us...hopefullly though, it will also ruin everything for the scalpers. Ill try to get one of my friends in on this but that wont help much with this low limit...it will only add 2 more to the pool.

Last edited by Futureal; 04-20-2006 at 11:23 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #155

I'm making a revised list thats more organized. I'm going to go ahead and keep everyone's original number of tickets needed, but change the max buyable to 4. Shit, that sucks ass. We've still got power in numbers, we can do this.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #156

Ok, good news, sort of. I've finished the revised list. Even with everyone buying 2 as the max, including those who were going to buy 3, we still have 58 needed and 75 bought (assuming everyone gets some). I really urge everyone to buy the max since its only 2 now.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:35 AM   #157

Here’s what we know so far:
- The concert is Monday, May 8 at the McFarlin Auditorium on the SMU campus.
- The venue is entirely seated, with floor and two balconies.
- Link to a seating chart: http://www.smu.edu/auxiliaryservices...arlinchart.xls
- There are 2,200 available
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 22 at 10:00am Central Standard Time
- Tickets are $55 plus Ticketmaster fees
- The max number per buyer allowed is 2 tickets
- Estimated sellout time is SECONDS

Last edited by lzep86; 04-20-2006 at 04:36 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #158

If you see any changes that need to be made concerning ONLY your info, feel free to copy, paste, change, and re-post. This is the best I could do so far. I think it'll help us a lot if we keep the total updated and organized, so we know where we stand. Sorry if I made any mistakes on your info. Like I said, feel free to change it.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #159

One more thing about the eBay tickets. The auctions don't end until after they go on sale (obviously), so anyone who's desperate enough can still grab them, once we know how many we've actually gotten Saturday morning. It looks like right now there's two pairs of floor seats for $450 (Buy-it-now), and two pairs of general seats (I'm gussing balcony) for $300 (buy-it-now).
Old 04-20-2006, 12:07 PM   #160
Level 3 - Talker

Here’s what we know so far:
- The concert is Monday, May 8 at the McFarlin Auditorium on the SMU campus.
- The venue is entirely seated, with floor and two balconies.
- Link to a seating chart: http://www.smu.edu/auxiliaryservices...arlinchart.xls
- There are 2,200 available
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, April 22 at 10:00am Central Standard Time
- Tickets are $55 plus Ticketmaster fees
- The max number per buyer allowed is 2 tickets
- Estimated sellout time is SECONDS

Some rules for adding to this thread:

-Make sure you follow the format I’ve laid out. This will make it easier to read, and therefore easier for us to figure out where we stand.
- I know it doesn’t make a difference, but try to put your name in chronological order. This will not affect preference either way, but it’ll help maintain order.

xPTCx= Buying Online
Needs: 2
Buying: 2 (Has multiple buyers)

bluenote= Buying Online
Buying: 2

RodeoJones= Buying Online
Needs: 1

Natalie Portman= Buying Online
Needs: 3

Vassup= Buying Online

Futureal= Buying Online

Khadgar346= Buying Online

chongi= Buying Online

the great collapse= Buying Online

Blue10= Buying Online

Heller= Buying Online
Buying: 2+ (Multiple buyers)

Kfrinkle= Buying Online

Red Villiam= Buying Online

Kato= Buying Online

Hatless= Buying Online
Needs: 1-2 (Depending on friend)

alicetooljam= Buying Online
Needs: 2-3

aziraphale= Buying Online

plexus= Buying Online
Needs: 4

mindseye= Buying Online
Needs: 3

CaliCrackDealer = Buying Online

AgentDMT = Buying Online

Secular glitch= Buying Online

chewygarner= Buying Online

Tmackc= Buying Online
Needs: 2-4

tabula.rassa= Buying Online

lzep86= Buying Online and at Venue (Multiple online buyers)
Needs: 4
Buying: 2+ (Multiple Buyers)

TuralyonW3= Buying Online
Needs: 2-4

zier= Buying Online

Slacker= Buying at TM
Buying: 1 (not sure if I can make it so this 1 could be up for grabs)

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea.

Totals:

Need: 59
Buying: 76

Please update the totals above when you add to the thread. When totaling, use the max number of tickets you may need (i.e. my friend may or may not come, but if he does, I need 2). And only total how many you plan on buying for sure.

Remember, there are people with multiple buyers, and I only added up the number you see here, so there could be more, possibly many more, tickets bought.

OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: