opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2006, 07:24 AM   #81
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/08 - Dallas, TX - McFarlin Auditorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewygarner
I will need at least 1 ticket but will try to get 2 to help out.

-Matt

P.S.- What's up Karl? Been awhile. How is the OGT HUB?
Matt! Where have you been? Why arent you on OGT?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #82
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i need two... will buy the max online... hope that this will pan out...
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #83
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrinkle
Matt! Where have you been? Why arent you on OGT?

I've been working my ass off and I got a new comp and lost a lot. I need to get back on and I may do so here pretty soon. I kind of got out of the trading scene and was going to shows alot. How you been?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #84
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Deleted: Update below.

Last edited by Futureal; 04-18-2006 at 02:28 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #85
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziraphale
Could we do it so everyone gets at least one ticket?
Yes, it will probably have to be done this way. I say we just pool all the extra tickets together and distribute them evenly across everybody depending on how many extras we get. Maybe allocate 2 per person and for anything over that, we may have to setup a lottery system or something. If anyone has any ideas, throw it out. We need to finalize these plans by Friday. I really have no idea how scarce these tickets are going to be...we could be grossly underestimating it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #86
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Plexus and Prater are the only ones listed as actually going to a TM location. PM each other and make sure you arent planning on going to the same place. Also, Plexus, you might have your friend go to a different location too. Remember, Ticketmaster does a lottery for the order of the line and I bet the show will sell out by the time it gets around to the 3rd or 4th person...if not sooner so I would advise you to spread out as much as possible.

If anyone else is going to a physical location that hasnt made mention of it, post it here.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #87
Level 4 - Thinker

I know it hasn't been done yet, but going forward myself and futureal will update list to prevent too many chefs in the kitchen.

As to how and who will receive the "xtra" tix, let's throw in ideas. Otherwise it will have to be done at the ticket holders discretion.... which quite honestly is fine with me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #88
Level 4 - Thinker

When it comes down to it, you can't stop ticket holders from doing what they want with the tickets. I think we should stress that people shouldn't just sign up onto the list for an easy ticket. The reason this might work is because we ALL try to get the tickets from ticketmaster in the first place. We help eachother, and in return get helped out.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #89
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassup
I know it hasn't been done yet, but going forward myself and futureal will update list to prevent too many chefs in the kitchen.

As to how and who will receive the "xtra" tix, let's throw in ideas. Otherwise it will have to be done at the ticket holders discretion.... which quite honestly is fine with me.
Tapers should be given a priority, right? :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:01 AM   #90
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrinkle
Tapers should be given a priority, right? :)
Tapers? Do mean those that are updating the list? If so, I want to be under the same good graces as everyone else.... there shouldn't be any priority in my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly with Blue10.

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #91
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

I'm starting to get nervous about getting 2 tickets now.

EVERYONE and their mother wants to go to this show. =[
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #92
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Greetings. My rough plan is to be online and signed in my ticketmaster account early. I'll be running this board and ticketmaster at the same time and will update when as soon as I know what I've got. Getting closer...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #93
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Tapers? Do mean those that are updating the list? If so, I want to be under the same good graces as everyone else.... there shouldn't be any priority in my opinion.
Bach, nevermind. It was supposed to be funny, but everyone seems all strung out and tight due to the fact that we are all gonna be under the gen tryin to get tickets.

I WILL be online trying to acquire 3 tickets myself, no worries there. I wonder if they will try to limit you to 2 tickets?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #94
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

There should probably be some organization to deciding who gets tickets. When people sign on to something like this, they do it with the belief that it will be done as fairly as possible. If we remove that and let the ticketholders distribute to whoever they want, there is no incentive for people to try as hard as they can to get whatever tickets they can and be honest about it. Then of course you could have a scalper sending out PMs behind everyones backs to everyone in this thread trying to get a ton of extra tickets.

No one should respond to PMs from people you dont know asking if you got extra tickets.

What I think we should do is have a tiered system. If we have enough tickets for each person to get 1, each person gets 1. Anything over that is distributed by lottery. If we have enough for each person to get 2 tickets, each person gets 2 (except the ones who only need 1) anything left over after that is distributed by lottery. So on and so on until we run out.

On Saturday afternoon, we should take an inventory and decide how many extra tickets we have IF we have them. Then, one of us will work out the distributions until we get to the tier where we need a lottery implementation. I think I have an idea on how this can work but ill type it out later.

Some people are going to try and fail. Others will try and succeed. Everyone needs to go into this trusting that everyone will get a fair shot because if not, the ones who succeed and get that magical confirmation screen just may not return here.

Trust and honesty are BIG issues with something like this. We must make sure that everything is as fair as it can possibly be or greed will take over. By joining this, we are all agreeing to look out for everyone else as long as everyone else also agrees to look out for us. This is critical. Lets prove to everyone why Tool fans are the best fans in the world and make this thing work.

Edit: please add your ideas to this too. I left some stuff out that might need to be discussed.

Last edited by Futureal; 04-18-2006 at 11:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:45 AM   #95
Level 4 - Thinker

Brilliantly put, Futureal. The cornerstone of this whole system IS trust.

On another note, the list is getting really long, which could be a good or a bad thing. Hopefully this translates into us having a good deal of buyers but if not, I'm not sure we'll be able to supply the entire list. Which brings back up the distribution issue...

Last edited by Blue10; 04-18-2006 at 11:59 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #96

The fact that this thread has 1,038 views in a day and there are less than 3,000 tickets is not a good sign, I wish all the TDN members the best of luck.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #97
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexom
The fact that this thread has 1,038 views in a day and there are less than 3,000 tickets is not a good sign, I wish all the TDN members the best of luck.
Indeed. It seems like our thread here has MANY MANY MANY more views that the rest of them... whats up with that?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #98
Level 4 - Thinker

Its because we're ripping it up!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #99
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

I need to update my ticket request. I will need 3 for sure. I'm going to try to buy them online, but you can never tell for sure if you can get through in time. Do they go on sale 10 am PST or CST?

On a side note, are the people who buy the extra tickets going to mail them to the people who buy them, or are they going to meet up at the show, or what? Just wondering.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #100
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie Portman
I need to update my ticket request. I will need 3 for sure. I'm going to try to buy them online, but you can never tell for sure if you can get through in time. Do they go on sale 10 am PST or CST?

On a side note, are the people who buy the extra tickets going to mail them to the people who buy them, or are they going to meet up at the show, or what? Just wondering.
I think its CST. As far as how the tickets get swapped, we can leave that up to the people doing the trade because some people dont want to hassle with the mail and others dont want to hassle with meeting up beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10
On another note, the list is getting really long, which could be a good or a bad thing. Hopefully this translates into us having a good deal of buyers but if not, I'm not sure we'll be able to supply the entire list. Which brings back up the distribution issue...

This is indeed getting rather big. As long as everyone makes a concerted effort to contribute, it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

xPTCx= I will try online and purchase the max.
I need 2 and will post whatever is left here.

bluenote= Need: 2 tickets
Can purchase: X tickets?

RodeoJones= I'll be trying to get my ticket online. I only need one but I'll try and get 2 for someone on these boards. You can add me to the list of people trying for online. (needs 1, going for 2)

Natalie Portman= I'm going to need 3 tickets

Vassup= I will buy max tickets if I can via online.(toolarmy nick: hector)

Futureal= I will try to get 3 extra if it looks like its going to be necessary. I only need 1. (needs 1, will buy 3)

Khadgar346= I just need 2 tickets and Ill try to purchase 2 extras for anyone else that needs them.(needs 2, will buy 4)

chongi= I'll be trying to get two for myself, and one extra. (needs 2, will buy 3)

the great collapse= if i manage to get one for myself, i'll try to get one extra(needs 1, will buy 2)

Blue10= I only need 1 ticket
I'll max out if i get in and let you guys know!
(oh yeah, i'm buying online) TOOLARMY NICK: wcpopp(needs 1, will buy 4)

Heller: Need 2 , buying max as well as friend in ATL buying max tix to come to the show( needs 2, will buy 4)

Kfrinkle - I need two, but will try to shoot for three. ( needs 2, will buy 3)

Red Villiam - Possible extra set. (will buy 2)

Kato - I shall be needing just one( needs 1)

Hatless- I will be trying to get two tickets off of TM come Saturday morning. One of the two will be used for sure, the second might become available if my friend can't get a ride. I might go for three tickets( with 1 or 2 available)

alicetooljam: needs 2 to 3.

prater- need at least 4 tickets.

aziraphale- I need two tickets. I'll try to buy two, might have an extra

plexus: needs 4, will buy as many as possible.

mindseye- Needs 3, will buy 1 xtra

CaliCrackDealer - Needs 2, will buy max.

Slacker- Needs 1

Creation88- Needs 2

AgentDMT - Needs: 2 | Will Buy: Maximum

Secular glitch - Needs 1, will buy max (4)

chewygarner - Need 1, will buy 1 extra.

Tmackc - Needs 4 or 2. Will buy max.

tabula.rassa - Needs 2, will buy max

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea

Keep adding to this thread

Last edited by Futureal; 04-18-2006 at 02:27 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 03:27 PM   #101

In the event I get in and get tickets online from TM, I see one of a few things happening:

A.) first PM gets extras or...
B.) first post to this page gets extras or...
C.) open to other ideas

I know I'm dying to get to see the show. Just have a lot of time on my hands right now.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #102
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote
In the event I get in and get tickets online from TM, I see one of a few things happening:

A.) first PM gets extras or...
B.) first post to this page gets extras or...
C.) open to other ideas

I know I'm dying to get to see the show. Just have a lot of time on my hands right now.
I dont think we should do any form of first come first serve because that penalizes the people who have unavoidable conflicts on Saturday. If you get extra tickets, come in here and simply post how many. Then we have to distribute them fairly later

My proposal:
On saturday afternoon we will get a tally of everyones extras. People who didnt get tickets will post messages letting us know. If we have enough extras for each person who didnt get any to get at least 1, each person will get 1. If we have enough for 2, each will get 2. And then a lottery for eveything above the level where we dont have enough extras for each person that needs one.

The lottery can work by assiging each person a number between 1 and X depending on the order in which they posted to this thread (solely to make it easy to assign numbers, this has nothing to do with 'seniority'). Then, THREE PEOPLE not in the lottery will use the random number generator at

http://www.random.org/sform.html

to generate three different sequences of random numbers between 1 and X.

These three sequences will be compared, and the middle of the three values will be used to determine who gets the first extra ticket above the level where we cannot distribute evenly. For example, we will put the 3 sequences together and if the first row is:

4 6 2

Then person 4 on the list would get the first extra ticket since it is the middle number. In the case of a tie, the lower number gets it.

Convoluted? Maybe. Unneccessary? Maybe...I am a TA in a computer lab at a university on certain days so I have tons of time to sit around and worry about this crap and type ridiculously long posts in between failed login attempts and people needing help to print files...

IMO, first come first serve would cause all sorts of whining and bickering. I think a lottery based on 3 different random number sequences would work best because it would be impartial and fair no one would be able to argue favoritism and the ones who signed this thread way back in the beginning who cannot be here on Saturday to get the first post in wont get the shaft.

Thanks for the posts guys, If anyone has any concerns about this, go for it. I know there are a few (possible) problems with what I have written and a few points of contention that could probably be discussed from a different point of view. We still have some time to finalize things. It doesnt look like we are getting many new recruits today so maybe this thread will slow down and not swell up into some huge monster.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #103
Level 4 - Thinker

Anyone have any objections to this idea? I for one don't.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #104
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34

Futureal knows what's up.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #105
Level 4 - Thinker

ATTENTION COLLECTIVE:

I hate to be the messenger on this but....

Those who only need 1 ticket for themselves and no intention to push their luck for any xtra will have to be trimmed off the thread soon. We have discussed this amongst other members, and for the benefit of all willing to purchase more than they need... it's only fair we accomodate.

If you would like revise, please do so over the next 24 Hrs and please be honest if you seriously intend to go the xtra mile. Should the lottery be the ultimate decision maker, you will not be considered.

Last edited by Vassup; 04-18-2006 at 07:44 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

Wait......why are people like me who only want one ticket getting the boot?? If I get in I'm going to be supplying 3 tickets to this forum. Wheres the problem? Should I have asked for two? I'm just confused. Can you explain?

Last edited by Blue10; 04-18-2006 at 07:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 PM   #107
Level 3 - Talker

yeah... I second that. I actually said I was refraining from requesting right away cause I would probably try to get to a TM Saturday morning (depends on whether I can do the trip from Houston or not). And if I'm not lucky why would I have a disadvantage?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #108

Bincount™: 13

I will have my account info entered on tm.com before 10am and trying to get as many as possible. It is 10am central time...

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 04/22/06 10:00 AM CDT
12/15/96-Tulsa, OK, Brady Theater--3/7/97-Wichita, KS, The Cotillion--8/11/98-Oklahoma City, OK, T&T Building--10/23/01-Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad--7/25/02-Tulsa, OK, Expo Pavilion--10/16/02-Kansas City, MO, Kemper Arena--11/16/02-Oklahoma City, OK, Cox Convention Center--5/11/06-Kansas City, MO, Memorial Hall--9/15/06-Kansas City, MO,Kemper Arena--5/19/07-Oklahoma City, OK,Ford Center--11/19/07-Tulsa, OK,Tulsa Convention Center--7/24/09-San Antonio, TX, AT&T Center--6/23/10-Oklahoma City, OK, Ford Center --1/20/12 SOLD A FAKE TICKET (THAT MF'R!!!)Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--1/21/12 (LEGIT)-Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--3/24/14-Austin, TX, Cedar Park Center--1/16/16 Tulsa, OK, BOK Center--10/28/16-Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:22 PM   #109

Bincount™: 13

Has ANYONE heard a price yet?????
12/15/96-Tulsa, OK, Brady Theater--3/7/97-Wichita, KS, The Cotillion--8/11/98-Oklahoma City, OK, T&T Building--10/23/01-Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad--7/25/02-Tulsa, OK, Expo Pavilion--10/16/02-Kansas City, MO, Kemper Arena--11/16/02-Oklahoma City, OK, Cox Convention Center--5/11/06-Kansas City, MO, Memorial Hall--9/15/06-Kansas City, MO,Kemper Arena--5/19/07-Oklahoma City, OK,Ford Center--11/19/07-Tulsa, OK,Tulsa Convention Center--7/24/09-San Antonio, TX, AT&T Center--6/23/10-Oklahoma City, OK, Ford Center --1/20/12 SOLD A FAKE TICKET (THAT MF'R!!!)Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--1/21/12 (LEGIT)-Grand Prairie, TX, Verizon Theatre--3/24/14-Austin, TX, Cedar Park Center--1/16/16 Tulsa, OK, BOK Center--10/28/16-Little Rock, AR, Verizon Arena
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #110
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10
Wait......why are people like me who only want one ticket getting the boot?? If I get in I'm going to be supplying 3 tickets to this forum. Wheres the problem? Should I have asked for two? I'm just confused. Can you explain?
Sorry to confuse. To clarify... those that only listed they need 1 and NO intention to stretch their luck for anymore will be trimmed. Your good, sorry about that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #111

Bincount™: 2

I need two. hopefully I can get them

This is the biggest and coolest group organization ive ever seen. kudos.

Also, I'm assuming that everyone who "needs" tickets will be trying to buy them from TM first of all and not just relying on the extras that collect on here?

Last edited by pneuma i; 04-18-2006 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: forgotten statement
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #112
Level 4 - Thinker

xPTCx= I will try online and purchase the max.
I need 2 and will post whatever is left here.

bluenote= Need: 2 tickets
Can purchase: X tickets?

RodeoJones= I'll be trying to get my ticket online. I only need one but I'll try and get 2 for someone on these boards. You can add me to the list of people trying for online. (needs 1, going for 2)

Natalie Portman= I'm going to need 3 tickets

Vassup= I will buy max tickets if I can via online.(toolarmy nick: hector)

Futureal= I will try to get 3 extra if it looks like its going to be necessary. I only need 1. (needs 1, will buy 3)

Khadgar346= I just need 2 tickets and Ill try to purchase 2 extras for anyone else that needs them.(needs 2, will buy 4)

chongi= I'll be trying to get two for myself, and one extra. (needs 2, will buy 3)

the great collapse= if i manage to get one for myself, i'll try to get one extra(needs 1, will buy 2)

Blue10= I only need 1 ticket
I'll max out if i get in and let you guys know!
(oh yeah, i'm buying online) TOOLARMY NICK: wcpopp(needs 1, will buy 4)

Heller: Need 2 , buying max as well as friend in ATL buying max tix to come to the show( needs 2, will buy 4)

Kfrinkle - I need two, but will try to shoot for three. ( needs 2, will buy 3)

Red Villiam - Possible extra set. (will buy 2)

Kato - I shall be needing just one( needs 1)

Hatless- I will be trying to get two tickets off of TM come Saturday morning. One of the two will be used for sure, the second might become available if my friend can't get a ride. I might go for three tickets( with 1 or 2 available)

alicetooljam: needs 2 to 3.

prater- need at least 4 tickets.

aziraphale- I need two tickets. I'll try to buy two, might have an extra

plexus: needs 4, will buy as many as possible.

mindseye- Needs 3, will buy 1 xtra

CaliCrackDealer - Needs 2, will buy max.

Slacker- Needs 1

Creation88- Needs 2

AgentDMT - Needs: 2 | Will Buy: Maximum

Secular glitch - Needs 1, will buy max (4)

chewygarner - Need 1, will buy 1 extra.

Tmackc - Needs 4 or 2. Will buy max.

tabula.rassa - Needs 2, will buy max

pneuma i - Needs 2

All tickets will be sold for face value!!! If you attempt to make money off this, I hope whatever god you believe in gives you diarrhea

Keep adding to this thread
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #113
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Sorry to confuse. To clarify... those that only listed they need 1 and NO intention to stretch their luck for anymore will be trimmed. Your good, sorry about that.
ha.....cool thanks. I had a brief panic moment.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #114
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicetooljam
Has ANYONE heard a price yet?????
You should be fine with $70. I think $15 for ticketmaster fees is probably a good estimate. And of course, just so everyone knows, even though extra tickets will be sold for face value, the ticketmaster fees WILL be added to it since we would all have to pay them no matter what anyways.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #115
Level 3 - Talker

I need one, I'll be on TM refreshing starting at 9:45 and ill try to get as many as i can.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #116
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zier
I need one, I'll be on TM refreshing starting at 9:45 and ill try to get as many as i can.
Watch out, Ticketmaster only lets you refresh about 10 times before they lock you ot of their system. I am going to post this in big bold letters on Friday but it doesnt hurt for people to know about it right now.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #117
On Probation

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureal
Watch out, Ticketmaster only lets you refresh about 10 times before they lock you ot of their system. I am going to post this in big bold letters on Friday but it doesnt hurt for people to know about it right now.

what is your source. I ask this cause when i got my NIN tickets I refreshed quite alot and that never happen to me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #118
Level 4 - Thinker

Add me to the list.

I'll be needing two PIT/FLOOR tickets....

But I'll be up early on ticketmaster.com trying to order atleast 5 or 6...However many I can get...

Thanks!

TOOL ROCKS
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #119
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadgar346
what is your source. I ask this cause when i got my NIN tickets I refreshed quite alot and that never happen to me.
Go try it. This happens even on the main page. After about 10 refreshes it will lock you out for a few minutes. Theyre discussing it over on the thread for the PA tool show...go read there...someone found a way around it.

"Please note.

We limit the rate of web page requests that can be made by individual users in any given time period. Your web page requests have exceeded these limits and your access has been temporarily disabled. We impose these limits to protect the web site from automated programs, as part of our efforts to promote fair access to tickets. Please allow several minutes and then try again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinheads
Add me to the list.
I'll be needing two PIT/FLOOR tickets....
I think this venue is seated...anyone been to a concert here before? Are any seats movable? Will there be a GA section?

Last edited by Futureal; 04-18-2006 at 09:54 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #120
Level 4 - Thinker

I thought there was... If not then Ill be wanting/trying to get the closest seats to the stage...
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: