opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

Tool
Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA
Wed, May 17, 2006 09:00 PM
Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell
Tool
Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA
Wed, May 17, 2006 09:00 PM
Badshirt's Tower Theater Philly Co-op is still on.

Basically we have a group that will try to obtain as many tickets as possible to be distributed among the participants at face value. If everybody that has the opportunity to buy gets 1-3 extra tickets this may just work.

I need 1 for myself and 1 for friend - both of us will be on high speed pc and internet connections and will be trying for 4-8 tickets.

There are 20+ will try to obtain tickets online. If seats are available at the box office and you live nearby please try to get them this way - it seems to be the best way to buy.

Please keep in touch. Send me a PM and I'll send everybody an e-mail on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll also send you my contact info.

Please be honest and try to obtain extra seats if you can.

Thanks again. I really think we may be able to work this out. Good luck.
PK

I'll update the list on this page and send an e-mail at some point on Wednesday. We can reply all to ensure that we keep everybody in the loop.

If you want to be a part of it please PM badshirt.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Thank you very much. I am in on this, I'll do what I can, but I'm in NY--I have 5 friends buying for Philly show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

i would like to try to take part in this too, im been stuck ebaying for NIN tix for my past 4 shows, and i would like to not see someone have to go through this, or me go through it again :(
Thurs, Sept 28, 2006 08:00 PM
PIT/GA

Tool: Wachovia Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA
Monday, Oct 2, 2006 08:00 PM
FL5 Row P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeoserv
i would like to try to take part in this too, im been stuck ebaying for NIN tix for my past 4 shows, and i would like to not see someone have to go through this, or me go through it again :(
Hey bro,

I'll be in touch.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

Okay people, badshirt, and whoever else. Question. Say total we get 10 extra tickets among us all, and say Total, people need 15. Who's to say who get's what first and whatnot? Should we do something like draw straws somehow? Just to combat arguments of favoritism and fights and such...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #7
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tyson
Okay people, badshirt, and whoever else. Question. Say total we get 10 extra tickets among us all, and say Total, people need 15. Who's to say who get's what first and whatnot? Should we do something like draw straws somehow? Just to combat arguments of favoritism and fights and such...
First come, first served. :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
$2 + a potato = $2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin
First come, first served. :P
Yeah, that'll go over well. It'll turn into everyone here yelling about how they were here first and whatever.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Once their is a master list for the Co-op we can worry about who gets what. First and foremost though, before Sat. there needs to be a set master list of who is in on the deal. Let's say that 15 people need tickets, but their are only 8 to go around. At that point you could assign those 8 tickets to 8 random numbers from 1-15 and then again assign randomly a number to each person. If you're number has a ticket, good for you. It'd probably be best to do this in realtime, but I doubt you could organize it all. As long as we have the set number of people who are in BEFORE we all purchase on Saturday, things shouldn't get too hairy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
$2 + a potato = $2

Not a bad idea, we'll see what's up later in the week I guess.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I will send out an e-mail from my private account (already sent) on Thursday for us all to reply all - this way we can communicate for 2 days to determine how the system will work. The board is just a pain in the ass to communicate by. By end of Friday the process will be decided on and those in will reply in or out.

This COULD end up being a total disaster - and if it doesn't work I will probably just opt out of any of the tickets (and grossly overpay) and let you guys fight it out. I don't want angry bastards calling my phone and e-mailing me so I won't take tickets unless everybody is satisfied.

I'm up for ideas:
We could: 1) Agree to take absolute minimum. Ex. I need 2 and won't grab any for friends who may want to go.
2) Limit it to 2 tickets and have your friends jump in and contribute to deal

In a perfect world we would get the amount that we need on our first shot. I know that it won't work if everybody is buying 4 and planning on taking 4 no matter how many we get. Ex. Dudes tries to buy 4 to keep for himself and crew - dude doesn't get 4 - dude wants 4 from the pot.

I am looking to take 2 but buying 4.

Another thought is: Everybody gets 1 off the bat (for each person on the list) We then determine who needs what and hash it out. We can be reasonable.
I know what you're thinking "I would like 2 together" - thats fine - we can work that out 2. I would like 2 together as well.

I'm just trying to figure out a system where less of us pay face value.

The real contributors will be the guys and gals that need 1 but get 3 or 4. They may even get free tshirts etc... if everybody is willing to kick in.

I will cut off those joining on Thursday morning and initiate the conversation. Between now & then come up w/ a system that works for you and send it in. We then vote on how it works. By end up Friday we will have a final list and a final system.

Just please don't luck out, get 4 and walk w/ all of them. It will never work that way.

What do you guys think?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
Banned.

Quote:
Yeah, that'll go over well. It'll turn into everyone here yelling about how they were here first and whatever.
I've already pretty much PM'ed everyone involved, and the Badshirt man himself...

If I get any more than 1 ticket, I'm giving them away at face value... if we get as many tickets as my friends and I are trying to get, then I'll probably give a few away for free--when they all run out.

I'm going to be in NY trying to buy as many as possible. I have 5 people in Philly rushing the office to get them, and 5 others trying to call/hit ticketdisaster...

I'm going to be in NY for a show anyway, and that will be over at about 4am, so I'm going to be in line as soon as that gets out... and on the phone. If I get NY tickets or Philly tickets, I'll make sure they get in....

Likewise, even with all the people trying to help, I'm bound to not get them(my luck is horrible) and as such, I want to be in line damn near the top of everyone's list. I'll bring the LSD and shrooms for the show, and pay double for a ticket if need be... although I'm also going to be willing to trade NY tickets for Philly, and vice versa, depending on what I can come up with...

if I can't get anything, I'd really appreciate if someone else COULD for me. This concept has worked for me on Phish tours, etc... like I said... LSD AND SHROOMS ALL AROUND ;)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Mike
Once their is a master list for the Co-op we can worry about who gets what. First and foremost though, before Sat. there needs to be a set master list of who is in on the deal. Let's say that 15 people need tickets, but their are only 8 to go around. At that point you could assign those 8 tickets to 8 random numbers from 1-15 and then again assign randomly a number to each person. If you're number has a ticket, good for you. It'd probably be best to do this in realtime, but I doubt you could organize it all. As long as we have the set number of people who are in BEFORE we all purchase on Saturday, things shouldn't get too hairy.
The final list will be established by the end of Thursday.

I'm assuming that if people get tickets - they're not going to ship them off to somebody else just because we tell them they drew a bad number. I'm sure they'll keep em. The extras that people get will sincerely be the big help and we all need to make an effort to get them. If we each get extras we may be able to work this out.

I'm counting on:
1) establishing list of participants
2) figuring out how many each person takes (1+) - you may want to consider not including non-co-op people. My girl and I will each take a seat but we'll each be on a t3 w/ separate accounts trying to get 4 tickets. Know what I'm saying? We need to have the #of peope taking tickets be = to the # of people online. Every person that claims a ticket should be trying to get at least 1 ticket. I think thats the only way it can work. We increase our odds and #s purchased.
3) figuring out how many each will try to get above and beyond.

We can then just meet up the day of the show to pass them on, mail them or whatever.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I've already pretty much PM'ed everyone involved, and the Badshirt man himself...

If I get any more than 1 ticket, I'm giving them away at face value... if we get as many tickets as my friends and I are trying to get, then I'll probably give a few away for free--when they all run out.

I'm going to be in NY trying to buy as many as possible. I have 5 people in Philly rushing the office to get them, and 5 others trying to call/hit ticketdisaster...

I'm going to be in NY for a show anyway, and that will be over at about 4am, so I'm going to be in line as soon as that gets out... and on the phone. If I get NY tickets or Philly tickets, I'll make sure they get in....

Likewise, even with all the people trying to help, I'm bound to not get them(my luck is horrible) and as such, I want to be in line damn near the top of everyone's list. I'll bring the LSD and shrooms for the show, and pay double for a ticket if need be... although I'm also going to be willing to trade NY tickets for Philly, and vice versa, depending on what I can come up with...

if I can't get anything, I'd really appreciate if someone else COULD for me. This concept has worked for me on Phish tours, etc... like I said... LSD AND SHROOMS ALL AROUND ;)
Thanks again for being a part of this.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Is anyone looking for 4 tickets? I think if you end up picking up pot tickets (ie, you don't get to purchase directly from TM) then there should be a limit to how many you take from the pot (2 perhaps?)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #16
$2 + a potato = $2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badshirt
I will send out an e-mail from my private account (already sent) on Thursday for us all to reply all - this way we can communicate for 2 days to determine how the system will work. The board is just a pain in the ass to communicate by. By end of Friday the process will be decided on and those in will reply in or out.

This COULD end up being a total disaster - and if it doesn't work I will probably just opt out of any of the tickets (and grossly overpay) and let you guys fight it out. I don't want angry bastards calling my phone and e-mailing me so I won't take tickets unless everybody is satisfied.

I'm up for ideas:
We could: 1) Agree to take absolute minimum. Ex. I need 2 and won't grab any for friends who may want to go.
2) Limit it to 2 tickets and have your friends jump in and contribute to deal

In a perfect world we would get the amount that we need on our first shot. I know that it won't work if everybody is buying 4 and planning on taking 4 no matter how many we get. Ex. Dudes tries to buy 4 to keep for himself and crew - dude doesn't get 4 - dude wants 4 from the pot.

I am looking to take 2 but buying 4.

Another thought is: Everybody gets 1 off the bat (for each person on the list) We then determine who needs what and hash it out. We can be reasonable.
I know what you're thinking "I would like 2 together" - thats fine - we can work that out 2. I would like 2 together as well.

I'm just trying to figure out a system where less of us pay face value.

The real contributors will be the guys and gals that need 1 but get 3 or 4. They may even get free tshirts etc... if everybody is willing to kick in.

I will cut off those joining on Thursday morning and initiate the conversation. Between now & then come up w/ a system that works for you and send it in. We then vote on how it works. By end up Friday we will have a final list and a final system.

Just please don't luck out, get 4 and walk w/ all of them. It will never work that way.

What do you guys think?
Good points made. We can also do something with join date or something, but that'd be too biased I guess.

Maybe when you send out a mass email tell everyone that you picked a number from 1-50 and for everyone to PM you a number. You seem very trustworthy and that's why I trust you on this..

Maybe?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

I won't be around much tomorrow - but if you guys can discuss and come up w/ a method or solution I'm cool with that.

I'll be contacting everybody via e-mail as a group on Thursday and we can make a final decision. If you guys can all come up w/ a system that a majority would vote on - then its a done deal. If you make up your minds before I even chime in its cool w/ me.

Lets just cooperate and try to help each other out in getting some seats.

Everybody has my contact info. I'll be in/out tonight and tomorrow and in touch via e-mail on Thursday to everybody on the list.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #18
$2 + a potato = $2

I'm going to be attempting to get 4 no matter what, as well as Cyberslave, so if we both get lucky and both get 4, that'll be 8. We only need 3-4, so there's possibilites of 4-5 extra tickets with us, hopefully we get 'em.

Also, I think we should include the stupid Ticketmaster surcharges in the "face value" of the ticket. There's no other way to get them, and everyone has to pay it, so I think we should all have to pay that, too.

That'd be also pretty cool if we all got what we needed and had a big community meeting and hugged and stuff and gave badshirt a community bj for spearheading this idea.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'd imagine everyone here is familiar with IRC, after Thurs we can set up a channel and discuss.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
$2 + a potato = $2

Quote:
I'd imagine everyone here is familiar with IRC, after Thurs we can set up a channel and discuss.
Good call.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Good call.
I don't know what IRC is but I'll work it out. Night hours would be better for me with something like that - work firewall blocks out many chats etc..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #22
Banned.

I've got a suprise that will make someone very happy in the pants if they can assure me a ticket for Philly. I hate to buy anyone off like that, but trust me it's huge.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I've got a suprise that will make someone very happy in the pants if they can assure me a ticket for Philly. I hate to buy anyone off like that, but trust me it's huge.
You bastard!!!

Let them know whats up so they can argue it out of their system.
Everybody looking to claim 4 would throw off the whole deal -

I would prefer if we got our base tickets, divied them and bought off of eBay for the trade w/ Aural. But, its up to you guys.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Is anyone looking for 4 tickets? I think if you end up picking up pot tickets (ie, you don't get to purchase directly from TM) then there should be a limit to how many you take from the pot (2 perhaps?)
That's one answer for sure. Good call.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #25
$2 + a potato = $2

Anyone agree with my comment about including the stupid TM surcharges in the price of "face value?"
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I'm going to be attempting to get 4 no matter what, as well as Cyberslave, so if we both get lucky and both get 4, that'll be 8. We only need 3-4, so there's possibilites of 4-5 extra tickets with us, hopefully we get 'em.

Also, I think we should include the stupid Ticketmaster surcharges in the "face value" of the ticket. There's no other way to get them, and everyone has to pay it, so I think we should all have to pay that, too.

That'd be also pretty cool if we all got what we needed and had a big community meeting and hugged and stuff and gave badshirt a community bj for spearheading this idea.
Face value + Ticketmaster is cool.

It would be sweet if all 3-4 people are trying to get tickets at the same time and not just you and cyber. That way you would have better odds of getting 8. Know what I'm saying?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #27
$2 + a potato = $2

Everyone should just go for like 4. Hell, then maybe people would have leftovers you could scalp em on ebay and make your ticket price back plus a profit! lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Anyone agree with my comment about including the stupid TM surcharges in the price of "face value?"
Ticketmaster charges should be included.

Florida Mike's point is great: If you claim from the pot you claim no more than 2. So really , we're all just doing each other a big favor.

As long as we determine who is on the final list by end of day Thursday we'll be fine. I'm looking at it this way: If I get em' I'll grab a couple of extras for the people on here provided they basically promise me that same.

Like I said: if its a total disaster we don't really need to be pissed. If we don't get Tickets via Ticketmaster its nobodys fault here. If anything, more of us will get regular prices on tickets - and fewer will go to eBay.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Everyone should just go for like 4. Hell, then maybe people would have leftovers you could scalp em on ebay and make your ticket price back plus a profit! lol
Everybody go for 4. If you're pulling from the pot the limit is 2.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:17 PM   #30
Banned.

Quote:
If I had tickets that I wasn't using, I would never sell them for more than face value. Nothing killed me more than paying 300 dollars a pop for NIN tickets. I literally felt like I was being raped. All the way until the show...

I'd do it again, but only if fellatio is out of the question. :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:19 PM   #31
$2 + a potato = $2

Quote:
If I had tickets that I wasn't using, I would never sell them for more than face value. Nothing killed me more than paying 300 dollars a pop for NIN tickets. I literally felt like I was being raped. All the way until the show...

Then if you feel horrible about it, sell them on e-bay for exactly double what you payed for, so it's WAY less than other scalpers, but you get a free ticket pretty much.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #32
Banned.

If I sell a ticket for double what I pay for it, I'm sending that money directly to the band. It's really unfortunate that scalpers are getting over like they are... I bet there is already a way around the ticket limits on Ticketdisaster for this show and we will all be on EBAY for real, anyway...

any bets on how long this entire tour takes to sell-out?

I'm thinking 4 minutes.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I feel the same way, dude. When I lived in NYC I would often stand outside of shows and find people w/ extras willing to sell them for face value. I'm so stubborn and normally refuse to pay scalpers.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #34
$2 + a potato = $2

4 minutes is a good number. I'd hate to have to buy a ticket off ebay.. so much.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Emophor from Miami Florida is in.

He is trying to get 4 and may need a ride from Penn Campus. Please keep that in mind.

If he has 3 extra tickets I doubt he'll have trouble finding a lift.

I'm coming from North and may cut if close to show time but if somebody else could pick him up I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #36
$2 + a potato = $2

A lift from Penn's campus??? Take the Market/Frankford subway line Wesbound to 69th Street. When you get off at 69th Street, the tower is straight in front of you...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #37
Banned.

If I'm attending the show in Philadelphia and have a ticket in hand, I can take a road-trip to pick someone up... keep in mind that we will be blazing heavily, and that you will have to pass out at my place after the show--and I'll drive you back the next day.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
A lift from Penn's campus??? Take the Market/Frankford subway line Wesbound to 69th Street. When you get off at 69th Street, the tower is straight in front of you...
We'll have to give him the scoop. I've never lived in Philly so I'm not familiar with their subway system but I'm sure he could get there.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #39
$2 + a potato = $2

Also, Cyberslave goes to Penn...
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #40
Level 7 - Loquacious

Is everybody cool w/ the co-op?

Florida Mike had some good ideas - hopefully he'll still be in and other can contribute to the ideas.

Everybody will be in touch.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: