Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Sleeper0013's Avatar Sleeper0013
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM

There is a comic book writen by Alan Moore

This comic is called "Promethea"

IT is summation of all hermetic occult lore summed up in an easy to understand story. Like all occult texts the more you read it the more you will understand.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
Easy introduction to the occult.

There is a comic book writen by Alan Moore

This comic is called "Promethea"

IT is summation of all hermetic occult lore summed up in an easy to understand story. Like all occult texts the more you read it the more you will understand.
All assertions to a phenomenon are projected, and are the result of the mind stream projecting them. All phenomenon are of a relative nature, there for all phenomenon are subjective. All phenomenon Inherently contain their own contradiction, therefore All phenomenon are Empty and void of inherent assertions.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
04-22-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstajduh View Post
Thanks sleeper. I'll have to look into them. Why is it called that though?
Wow that a hard question to answer, Well Prometheus was the GOD that gave fire to humans as the myth goes. And the story is biased from the feminine perspective, thus the name Promethea.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Re: Easy introduction to the occult.

Quote:
Thanks sleeper. I'll have to look into them. Why is it called that though?
Wow that a hard question to answer, Well Prometheus was the GOD that gave fire to humans as the myth goes. And the story is biased from the feminine perspective, thus the name Promethea.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM

is there a comic book version of the bible as well?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

crincled
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
i'd fucking read that no questions asked
Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 7922

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
i'd fucking read that no questions asked
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
There's Veggie Tales...a 3D version told from the perspective of vegetables. I think there are comic-book videos of tales from the Bible but you'll might have to go to your local Bible bookstore for that. Yay, monotheism!

As far as why these comic-books are called that, I was just wondering that myself. Now that I think of it, my guess is that some "divine being" (the cartoonist) is a fan of the occult and is helping to teach young humans about it. The title seems more of a connection to mythology (Greek) than to the occult, which I'm guessing are close relatives.
Your absolutely correct, as far as one of the creators bing involved in the occult.
But its more like the writer, and he is a magician.

Now im about to tell you some thing that will blow your minds OR bring you back to them.

So Alister Crowley Told a Joke that he siad if you got it, it would Explain the entire mystery of Magik

”There were these two men, sharing a Taxi. They didn’t know each other. They just happened to be traveling together. One of the men had, resting in his lap, a cardboard box with holes punched in the top. The other had a red hat. After some time spent contemplating what might be inside his traveling companion’s box, man with the red hat said “Whats in the box”? The other man, though obviously surprised by this impertinent intrusion from a stranger, smiled politely as he answered, “ITs a mongoose.”

The man with a red hat replied "Ah.... Why the hell do you have a mongoose? I had expected cat, or puppy. Where are you taking it?” The other man, who sat with the perforated box on his lap, shrugged wearily as he replied, “Well, it’s something of a personal matter, as it concerns a family tragedy. However, since I’m confident I may rely on your lack of discretion, I suppose I don’t mind sharing my unfortunate account with you.”

“You see, Its for my brother. He has for many years indulged himself in a predictable situation. His drinking has progressed until he is now in the final stages of delerium tremens. My brother now sees snakes everywhere, which is the reason I am taking him this mongoose, so it will eat them”

The other man looking puzzled said, “... aren’t they imaginary snakes?”

“Yes,” the man with the box replied. “But this is an imaginary mongoose.”
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
There's Veggie Tales...a 3D version told from the perspective of vegetables. I think there are comic-book videos of tales from the Bible but you'll might have to go to your local Bible bookstore for that. Yay, monotheism!

As far as why these comic-books are called that, I was just wondering that myself. Now that I think of it, my guess is that some "divine being" (the cartoonist) is a fan of the occult and is helping to teach young humans about it. The title seems more of a connection to mythology (Greek) than to the occult, which I'm guessing are close relatives.
Your absolutely correct, as far as one of the creators bing involved in the occult.
But its more like the writer, and he is a magician.

Now im about to tell you some thing that will blow your minds OR bring you back to them.

So Alister Crowley Told a Joke that he siad if you got it, it would Explain the entire mystery of Magik

”There were these two men, sharing a Taxi. They didn’t know each other. They just happened to be traveling together. One of the men had, resting in his lap, a cardboard box with holes punched in the top. The other had a red hat. After some time spent contemplating what might be inside his traveling companion’s box, man with the red hat said “Whats in the box”? The other man, though obviously surprised by this impertinent intrusion from a stranger, smiled politely as he answered, “ITs a mongoose.”

The man with a red hat replied "Ah.... Why the hell do you have a mongoose? I had expected cat, or puppy. Where are you taking it?” The other man, who sat with the perforated box on his lap, shrugged wearily as he replied, “Well, it’s something of a personal matter, as it concerns a family tragedy. However, since I’m confident I may rely on your lack of discretion, I suppose I don’t mind sharing my unfortunate account with you.”

“You see, Its for my brother. He has for many years indulged himself in a predictable situation. His drinking has progressed until he is now in the final stages of delerium tremens. My brother now sees snakes everywhere, which is the reason I am taking him this mongoose, so it will eat them”

The other man looking puzzled said, “... aren’t they imaginary snakes?”

“Yes,” the man with the box replied. “But this is an imaginary mongoose.”
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM

The occult pulls from every thing, they don't rule any thing out, they are scientist of myths and metaphors. Their only interest is to serve the universal will. The will to happiness. The reach this will by using mind control, not on others mind you, but By taking responsibility for ones own mind. The highest goal of alchemy.

Through myths and God forms they root out psychological disease, or demons. more specifically the EGO, or the conditioned mind. Through raising will of spirit they raise consciousness in them selves, and for the most part for the benefit of all sentient beings. seeing as all beings are seen from this universal will as being interconnected. unfortunalty a few of them have decided to jump right into Macik in the second sphere, the problem with that is, relative to the likes of Thoth and His Ape. The ape represents monkey mind. Dull, agitated, unaware. The thoth ape is representation of
Signal noise. ITs like static between 2 radio channels. It has to be filtered to hear the music. For humans signal noise is mental chatter. it dirties up the signal and when filtered interesting things happen to certain areas of the mind, like focus, and clarity, and memory.

So fire represents Spirit, Prometheus represents fire. But super hero comic dudes have been done to death, So they decided it would be a Chick this time.

The entire comic series explains the tarot, how it relates to the macro and microcosm. It also explains astral projection, A bit of sacred geometry , even the basics of how to preform tantric kundalini. Its the tail of revelations both literal and figurative.

So just throwing it out there, Don't take my word for it.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

The occult pulls from every thing, they don't rule any thing out, they are scientist of myths and metaphors. Their only interest is to serve the universal will. The will to happiness. The reach this will by using mind control, not on others mind you, but By taking responsibility for ones own mind. The highest goal of alchemy.

Through myths and God forms they root out psychological disease, or demons. more specifically the EGO, or the conditioned mind. Through raising will of spirit they raise consciousness in them selves, and for the most part for the benefit of all sentient beings. seeing as all beings are seen from this universal will as being interconnected. unfortunalty a few of them have decided to jump right into Macik in the second sphere, the problem with that is, relative to the likes of Thoth and His Ape. The ape represents monkey mind. Dull, agitated, unaware. The thoth ape is representation of
Signal noise. ITs like static between 2 radio channels. It has to be filtered to hear the music. For humans signal noise is mental chatter. it dirties up the signal and when filtered interesting things happen to certain areas of the mind, like focus, and clarity, and memory.

So fire represents Spirit, Prometheus represents fire. But super hero comic dudes have been done to death, So they decided it would be a Chick this time.

The entire comic series explains the tarot, how it relates to the macro and microcosm. It also explains astral projection, A bit of sacred geometry , even the basics of how to preform tantric kundalini. Its the tail of revelations both literal and figurative.

So just throwing it out there, Don't take my word for it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply