opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima
User Name
Password
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
NOTHING TO FIGURE OUT NO MEANING TOOL IS YOUR THOUGHTS CREATING THEMSELVES!

This is not spam.

If tool songs had a meaning they wouldn't mean anything.

Why do you think tool songs mean different things to different people BECAUSE THEY THINK.

TOOL songs are the bomb because they don't mean anything. There is nothing to understand. Im sorry, I know maynard ain't gonna mad becuase im bursting the bubble. Thought is your enemy, listening along with your body to these highly improbable but amazing songs.

Listen to everyone of the songs each one is the expierence of the mind creating its own illusion of itself.

I guess the best songs were the lyrics show this wonderfull meaning of nothing is H.
Pushit, and Aenima FLUSH IT DOWN FLUSH IT DOWN, PUSHIN ME SHOVIN IT PUSHIN ME SHOVIN IT, and the whole of H

I know maynard knows that there is no meaning and nothing to convey thru his songs.

The thoughts that spring foward in the presence of these songs will evade their own destruction by giving meaning to the meaningless of thought AKA HUMAN EXPIERNCE.

Last edited by Mrdynotin; 07-05-2007 at 04:21 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: NOTHING TO FIGURE OUT NO MEANING TOOL IS YOUR THOUGHTS CREATING THEMSELVES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdynotin View Post
I know maynard knows that there is no meaning and nothing to convey thru his songs.
I don't think that's quite true. He's said in a number of interviews that he writes with a particular meaning in mind. Of course, the songs will mean different things to different people who listen, but Maynard has said that his goal is for people to think of their own meaning for the lyrics, but also to almost all share a basic, watered-down idea. For example: Forty Six & 2. Some poeple think it's about evolution through 2 extra chromosomes, and others see it just as a song about moving forward, breaking through, and overcoming, but both ideas still have the same basic theme and meaning.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

ok the meanings of the songs that "you" hold are only an illusion. And yes the words of the lyrics are "pushed" or selected in a way that anyone can mold them into meaning. but most of the songs talk about nothing that can be applied to thought. The songs are aganist that very "you" : which is just the strugle of thought to control the physical body. "There is no you outside of that.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
ok the meanings of the songs that "you" hold are only an illusion. And yes the words of the lyrics are "pushed" or selected in a way that anyone can mold them into meaning. but most of the songs talk about nothing that can be applied to thought. The songs are aganist that very "you" : which is just the strugle of thought to control the physical body. "There is no you outside of that.
I'm really failing to see where you're going with this. Tool's songs certainly have meanings, and it's absurd to say that they do not. People's interpretations is what distorts the songs' original meanings.

46 & 2 can be about both gaining two "spiritual chromosomes" and "breaking through." In fact what those two ideas are leading to is the concept of evolution. Evolution is the "catch all" meaning for 46 & 2. Thus, you have two seemingly 'different' interpretations that are both tied to one concept.

Look at Tool's songs as you would your local pool. Some are sun-bathing, others dive in, whereas some go in one toe at a time. The point is, they're all at the same pool just experiencing it in different ways. I'll articulate this analogy to show how I disagree. It's like you're saying, "There is no pool!!" simply because people are experiencing and interpreting it different ways. You must think because there are disagreements and opposition on the meanings, there must not be a meaning in the first place.

If these lyrics come off to you as rather vague then you should invest some time critiquing creative writing, particularly poetry.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 35

reasonably sure he's taking the piss...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

yes they have meanings to the band members but they want you to interpret it in yer own way make your own meaning
Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
This is not spam.

Why do you think tool songs mean different things to different people BECAUSE THEY THINK.

TOOL songs are the bomb because they don't mean anything. There is nothing to understand. Im sorry, I know maynard ain't gonna mad becuase im bursting the bubble. Thought is your enemy, listening along with your body to these highly improbable but amazing songs.

Listen to everyone of the songs each one is the expierence of the mind creating its own illusion of itself.

I guess the best songs were the lyrics show this wonderfull meaning of nothing is H.
Pushit, and Aenima FLUSH IT DOWN FLUSH IT DOWN, PUSHIN ME SHOVIN IT PUSHIN ME SHOVIN IT, and the whole of H

The thoughts that spring foward in the presence of these songs will evade their own destruction by giving meaning to the meaningless of thought AKA HUMAN EXPIERNCE.
Your a dumbass. Go do some more drugs and listen to rosetta stoned. What is this nonsense? I know I am late with this comment but damn. If there wasnt anything to understand would we be in the "opinion" section? Think for yourself, Question Mrdynotin
Old 10-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Wait...didn't he just explain what the songs meant...

How can something truly not mean anything?

If it means nothing....that's what it means...nothing...but it still means....

Even nothing is something because if it were nothing it would be but even that is something because its a blank so therefore it is something...a blank...

I love when people think they know but they don't know but they must know because you can't not know......
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
This is not spam.

Hm...interesting theory ,but i think you mght be wrong. There is meaning to Tool songs. for example, Stinkfist, Right in two, and Schism are connected. It's just my opinion but, i see a tie between these three songs. I think it has something to do with how humans are just fighting for no apparent reason, ( like the war right now).But, i know we went to Iraq for " weapons of mass desruction" but we have yet to find any,and we're just fighting over there just to try to change the people's beliefs and government and stuff. In stinkfist, he says " desensitized to everything.What became of subtlety? How can it mean anything to me if i really don't feel anythig at all?" I think it's about how people don't care anymore.( in society) But isn't it supposed to mean something????? And in schism, there is a line that Maynard wrote that says"Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication. Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion." That is previlant today in society. Generally, people don't care about anything unless it's theirs or if they get something out of it. I know that all people aren't like this, but it's the people who own the business corporations and the major companies that we use are like that. ( typically)
In closing, i see your point and i think might be correct, up to a point. But in the end this is what i think.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

@ threadstarter:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

of course there are meanings to Tool songs. Just because you are too daft to figure out your own interpretation doesn't mean that they were created with no meaning. Your argument is void because you are esentialy saying we don't exist because we are just projections in your own mind. you might be a sociopath.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

I'm super late to this, but hey why not throw in my two cents. OP (original poster) I have here for you an example of tool lyrics, with a straight forward meaning.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground

Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade, and where there's one they're bound to divide it
Right in two.

that's definitely not the only example but I think is the most straight forward of direct meaning inside of a tool song.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: