opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/10 - Denver, CO - Temple Buell Theatre

It was a lost cause thanks to 106.7 KBPI!! They bought up most of the tickets to give away in their stupid radio antics....As if it wasn't hard enough to get tickets for TOOL in the first place!!

BTW: I'm new to the board. In fact THIS is my very first post! So, hello all!
While We Wait
To Be Saved...

"Wake" - Electric Ordinary

http://www.myspace.com/photonearth.com
http://www.electricordinary.com
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #42
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotonEarth
It was a lost cause thanks to 106.7 KBPI!! They bought up most of the tickets to give away in their stupid radio antics....As if it wasn't hard enough to get tickets for TOOL in the first place!!

BTW: I'm new to the board. In fact THIS is my very first post! So, hello all!
ya kbi is pretty awesome but they did buy alot of tickets, is there something illegal with that? you think there would be regulations.
2nd orchestra, rr 3-4
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

God, I hate the radio!!
While We Wait
To Be Saved...

"Wake" - Electric Ordinary

http://www.myspace.com/photonearth.com
http://www.electricordinary.com
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Preach!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

<rant=on>Does anyone remember and miss the days when you had to go to a record store or some other physical location to buy tickets? Waiting in line, hanging out with other fans of the band you all wanted to see?

I've been a computer geek for quite a while, but it seems online and phone sales of concert tickets are doing nothing but lining the pockets of scalpers. It used to be tickets went on sale in locations near the venue of the concert, now I have to fight with scalpers from across the world instead of my local area.

Tickets for the Denver show on May 10th sold out in minutes. Tickets for the Las Vegas show seemed to sell out in under a minute. I'm sure glad ticketmaster has made it easy for anyone to buy tickets for shows anywhere. </rant>

Sorry 'bout that, I just have an extremely sour taste in my mouth right now.

If anyone has 2 tickets for the May 10th show at the Buell Theater in Denver, I'd be more than happy to purchase them. I also have a single ticket, section HRM 3, row 1, seat 203 that I'd be willing to work into the deal. Will pay cash, paypal, or possibly work out some other method of payment.

chad
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

If anyone has 2 extras I will be glad to buy them from you. Thanks
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #47
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah^^Me Too!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think the only place you will likely be able to find tickets is on ticket broker websites, but I don't think you should support what they do. So, just wait a few more months and see them. In the meanwhile you can get the numerous bootlegs that are bound to surface from these shows.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #49
Level 3 - Talker

No way in hell will I buy from a broker, bastards. Unless I become the luckiest guy ever and score 2 tixs I will try for the Pepsi Center in the summer.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #50
tyc
Level 3 - Talker

is it confirmed they they are coming back in july to play at the pepsi center? o.o
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool31
No way in hell will I buy from a broker, bastards. Unless I become the luckiest guy ever and score 2 tixs I will try for the Pepsi Center in the summer.
Are they for sure coming back this summer?

I was able to get two tickets but I know so so so many people who tried and couldn't. I was on the phone AND online, my boyfriend was online, my boyfriend's dad was online, and my mom was on the phone so we had five of us going so we're lucky we got ANY tickets. I'm sorry to all of you who can't go. I looked on ebay and people from fucking Virginia and Florida are selling them for $500 and $600. It really is sad how selfish people can be. These people have NO use for the tickets, except to make tons of money. They take them from people who deserve to go and it's so aggravating.

At least they'll be back. :)

By the way, I'm new, yahoo. Thanks for having me. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Shit. My mom just told me she actually got two tickets, too and was gonna surprise me and I could bring two of my friends who like Tool but weren't able to get tickets today because of work or whatever. I was talking to her about the "same address, email, name, etc." rule Ticketmaster has for the ticket limit and she got worried so she told me. Crap! Are they gonna cancel our orders? I feel bad now. The only reason we had all of us going was because we didn't think all of us would get them, we thought only one of us would, if that! So now I have more tickets and I'm scared they're going to take them. Shit shit shit! Any advice?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacruz6
Shit. My mom just told me she actually got two tickets, too and was gonna surprise me and I could bring two of my friends who like Tool but weren't able to get tickets today because of work or whatever. I was talking to her about the "same address, email, name, etc." rule Ticketmaster has for the ticket limit and she got worried so she told me. Crap! Are they gonna cancel our orders? I feel bad now. The only reason we had all of us going was because we didn't think all of us would get them, we thought only one of us would, if that! So now I have more tickets and I'm scared they're going to take them. Shit shit shit! Any advice?
Well Im sure you will find out in the next few days. And if you dont need those extra tickets *wink wink* lol. Hopefully it all works out for you though.

And to who ever asked if it was confermed (sp?) that they are comming back, all I remember is that at 7am a week or two ago when 106.7kbpi announced that Tool was comming to the Temple Buell they also mentioned that they would be back in June or July (cant remember which) at the Pepsi Center.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Well Im sure you will find out in the next few days. And if you dont need those extra tickets *wink wink* lol. Hopefully it all works out for you though.

And to who ever asked if it was confermed (sp?) that they are comming back, all I remember is that at 7am a week or two ago when 106.7kbpi announced that Tool was comming to the Temple Buell they also mentioned that they would be back in June or July (cant remember which) at the Pepsi Center.
Should I call Ticketmaster and ask them what to do or explain the situation and see what they say?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #55
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I just want to extend my warmest gratitude to the asshats that are selling pairs of tickets on ebay for nothing less that $300. To think that so many people that were on ticketmaster this morning were there for the SOLE purpose to make a killing on these rare tickets. Thanks for screwing all of us "real" fans that actually struggle to come up with $67, in hopes that we would be lucky enough, but come to a rude awakening to find out that if we actually want to see the show, we have to shell out almost 3 times the original price. Again, thanks for taking this show away from so many fans and lining your pockets instead!!

spiral out
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If I get to keep my other two tickets, I'll try to talk my mom into letting me sell them here. She did buy them for me so they are her tickets, but I don't know why she'd need to scalp them. Sure, I DO have bills to pay, but I know how I'd feel if someone had extra tickets and decided to be a hypocrit instead of a compassionate fan. Again, I'm sorry to all of you who didn't get tickets. Hopefully I will have two extra, but since I ACCIDENTALLY (I promise) cheated the system, Ticketmaster might take my tickets anyway. I'll keep you all informed.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #57
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecab805
ya kbi is pretty awesome but they did buy alot of tickets, is there something illegal with that? you think there would be regulations.
2nd orchestra, rr 3-4
KBPI is one of the worst rock radio stations in the nation, and that's saying a lot.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

According to Willie B, (one of the dj's at kbpi) they only bought 46 tickets. Still to me, that's fans like us that got the shaft. Hope some of you live up north and actually get a chance to win them.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #59
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching and mentioning
According to Willie B, (one of the dj's at kbpi) they only bought 46 tickets. Still to me, that's fans like us that got the shaft. Hope some of you live up north and actually get a chance to win them.
Are they going to be selling them or giving people chances to win them? My guess is the latter.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Are they going to be selling them or giving people chances to win them? My guess is the latter.
They're giving them away, I don't understand under what terms though, I'm not from up there. What would piss me off more than anything was if the people that won those, didn't even want to go to the show, they just won them to resell them. That would call for some sort of castration.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #61
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching and mentioning
They're giving them away, I don't understand under what terms though, I'm not from up there. What would piss me off more than anything was if the people that won those, didn't even want to go to the show, they just won them to resell them. That would call for some sort of castration.
That would be horrible, but it'll probably happen at least once. If I get lucky and win any, I'll pass them on to y'all (unless they're better seats than what I have; in that case, I'll give you the ones I have). It won't happen since it takes luck and time, which I don't have a lot of, especially going to school full time and working part time. However, good luck to all of you and winning with KPBI, it should be interesting!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:39 AM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

All right, I am going to the show in Denver but I am really getting worried about the ticket limit thing. My mom and I weren't together but we both planned to try to get tickets, thinking MAYBE one of us would get lucky enough to get ANY. Miraculously (sp?), we both got through, but I'm scared we're going to have our tickets cancelled due to same name and same address. My plan was to sell the other two to people on here (granted my mom is okay with that, since she DID buy them), but now I'm afraid neither of us will get any tickets. Any advice? What the hell do I do?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Would a "real" fan do anything and everything to get into a Tool show? A "real" fan and there seems to be lots of them would pay well over what the tickets sell for on ticketmaster. If you want to you could be mad at toolarmy for not offering any presale tickets to fans who joined the fan club. But you would probably be mad at toolarmy for offering those tickets to people who pay for the fan club. It seems like no matter what anyone does to make it easier or harder to get tickets people will still come on to the forums and complain. The only way to slow the sales of tickets on eBay and at out of state ticket brokers is to do what happened with the Washington show. Limit ticket sales to people who live in the geographic region of the venue till after the first day of being on sale is over. I was not able to get tickets to the Denver show through ticketmaster. I would consider myself worthy of the title true fan. I sat here on my computer thinking of how I was going to get in and experience this show in a small venue with less than 3,000 assigned seats and no opening act. I decided it was so important I was willing to pay more money. I have never missed a Tool show I seriously wanted to attend and this will be my 26th one. So if people really want to see them live they will find a way. If you skip this show and tell yourself that the people inside the venue aren't real fans you are wrong. Paying almost $800 to see a band is some dedicated shit. This could be the last time Tool ever does a tour like this. There is no guarantee of another album and they only play these small venue tours as a preview and practice for their larger venue shows.
11.15.96, 11.19.96, 03.04.97, 07.04.97, 07.15.97, 07.16.97, 07.18.97, 07.20.97, 07.22.97, 07.26.97, 07.14.98, 07.15.98, 07.21.98, 07.22.98, 07.23.98, 05.18.01, 07.01.01, 09.07.07, 09.08.01, 09.15.01, 09.16.01, 07.19.02, 08.30.02, 09.01.02, 10.18.02, 05.10.06, 08.30.06, 6.28.10, 6.29.10
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
All right, I am going to the show in Denver but I am really getting worried about the ticket limit thing. My mom and I weren't together but we both planned to try to get tickets, thinking MAYBE one of us would get lucky enough to get ANY. Miraculously (sp?), we both got through, but I'm scared we're going to have our tickets cancelled due to same name and same address. My plan was to sell the other two to people on here (granted my mom is okay with that, since she DID buy them), but now I'm afraid neither of us will get any tickets. Any advice? What the hell do I do?
OK I am trying to help you out here so I found this on the ticketmaster site:

Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per household.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

It says " cancelled without notice". So, my question is when you and your mom ordered did you use the same address, credit card, etc? If I were you, and since it says "without notice" I would give them a call and work the situation out. Just explain what happened and hopefully they would not take them all away. Maybe you can even get to keep them all. Hope this helps, and let me know what turns out.

Good luck, hopefully another true fan dosnt get screwed out of seeing them live.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #65
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliotrpic
Would a "real" fan do anything and everything to get into a Tool show? A "real" fan and there seems to be lots of them would pay well over what the tickets sell for on ticketmaster. If you want to you could be mad at toolarmy for not offering any presale tickets to fans who joined the fan club. But you would probably be mad at toolarmy for offering those tickets to people who pay for the fan club. It seems like no matter what anyone does to make it easier or harder to get tickets people will still come on to the forums and complain. The only way to slow the sales of tickets on eBay and at out of state ticket brokers is to do what happened with the Washington show. Limit ticket sales to people who live in the geographic region of the venue till after the first day of being on sale is over. I was not able to get tickets to the Denver show through ticketmaster. I would consider myself worthy of the title true fan. I sat here on my computer thinking of how I was going to get in and experience this show in a small venue with less than 3,000 assigned seats and no opening act. I decided it was so important I was willing to pay more money. I have never missed a Tool show I seriously wanted to attend and this will be my 26th one. So if people really want to see them live they will find a way. If you skip this show and tell yourself that the people inside the venue aren't real fans you are wrong. Paying almost $800 to see a band is some dedicated shit. This could be the last time Tool ever does a tour like this. There is no guarantee of another album and they only play these small venue tours as a preview and practice for their larger venue shows.
The thing you dont see is that all "real" fans can't afford $800 a ticket. Not all real fans have that much money and while we would spend that much if we could, it just can't happen. Us real fans can be college students, high school students (like myself, a senior about to graduate), or even just anyone who isnt loaded and can make those kind of purchases. So if we skip this show, we arnt real fans hunh? Thats bullshit, I am a die hard tool fan and have never seen them live. Does that make me not a real fan, I don't believe so. Things just have not worked out for me and im sure others like me are in the same posistion. That does not make us any less of a fan. Money does not make you a greater fan or not.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #66
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliotrpic
Having a lot of money does not mean you are a true fan. It just means you are rich. Even though I'm sure $800 is a lot for you, it is simply impossible for the majority of people. We can't all live in Vail....... asshat.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

WOO HOO! I called Ticketmaster and all of my tickets should be in tact. Thank GOD. I was getting so worried. :):)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

I've been a Huge tool fan for over 7 years (yah, not as long as some of you, but i bet i mention their name more than you do, ;-p ) lol.

I'm not rich but not poor. I took a big chance -- first time ever -- and paid $455 for 2 tix off ebay this morning, 459.50 with shipping but who's counting. ;-)
The "chance" is that i'll be able to sell, for 1/2 what i paid, my unneeded ticket to one of you guys. Hey, it's less than 300, less than 800!!
I have PMd some of you but thought i'd post, too.

I think i qualify as a "real" fan. I was determined to get into this show, and knew it would be hard, but totally expected that if i was on the TM site at 10:00 sharp, i would get the one lousy ticket i was after! It really SUCKED having to go this route, but what would standing on principle have gotten me? Out in the cold, that's what. I'm not taking the chance of missing this, assuming there will be another chance. I have never seen them and decided 7 yrs ago that the next chance i got, i was taking. This will be one of the most awesome memories of my life!! [sad life? or is she just a friggin music freak? only her pastor, Reverend Maynard, knows.)

KBPI 106.7 played a song off the new CD every hour yesterday and doing it today too. Everytime i heard one i got more and more depressed, and by last night said i would do Whatever it took to be at that show!!

If you want to try to win tickets, the deal is when you hear a 'repeat offender' of Tool songs (2 back to back), be the 10th caller on their contest line and you will win a pair. If you are too poor to buy my spare ticket, then i wish you all the best if you have time to listen carefully to the radio all day for the next few weeks. I won Megadeth tickets from them in November 2004.

Rock on prying open your 3rd eye by whatever means works for you. certainly would have walked away by now (and i still may).
Old 04-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #69
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmtool1269
Having a lot of money does not mean you are a true fan. It just means you are rich. Even though I'm sure $800 is a lot for you, it is simply impossible for the majority of people. We can't all live in Vail....... asshat.
I am worse off financially for living in Vail. I could easily make more money living in Denver and only snowboard maybe 30 days a year. I really enjoy snowboarding, so I made the choice of taking lower pay, higher cost of living and generally feeling poor for the ability to snowboard any day of the season I want. This actually relates to all of this. If you want something you can make it work, you just have to ask yourself what it's worth. I may move to Denver in search of better money and the ability to actualy own my residence. I wont resent those who have stayed in Vail and are able to ski or snowboard everyday while I'm working and missing out on powder days.
11.15.96, 11.19.96, 03.04.97, 07.04.97, 07.15.97, 07.16.97, 07.18.97, 07.20.97, 07.22.97, 07.26.97, 07.14.98, 07.15.98, 07.21.98, 07.22.98, 07.23.98, 05.18.01, 07.01.01, 09.07.07, 09.08.01, 09.15.01, 09.16.01, 07.19.02, 08.30.02, 09.01.02, 10.18.02, 05.10.06, 08.30.06, 6.28.10, 6.29.10
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

I only have $20 in my bank account right now. All my money has gone to the things I enjoy doing. Snowboarding, Kayaking and seeing Tool live. I hope I can make rent in a week.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool_fan
I think i qualify as a "real" fan.
Who and what is a "real" fan exactly?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #72
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
easy, someone that posts on a tool board under the nickname tool_fan. therefore, I am a "half real" fan.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #73
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Thanks crudheads, you and the other poster who asked the same Q. ;-(

I was referencing a discussion about 1 page up, talking about who got tickets, what a "real" fan might do to get tickets, lengths they would go to, all because we simply fucking LOVE this band and seeing them is not optional, it's necessary.

Obviously, it's not meant to be a strictly quantitative thing, now is it? For some, $200 for a ticket is as out of the question as $800 would be for me.

OBVIOUSLY, we are simply describing our PAIN, arent' we. Those who were on line with credit card in hand at 10:00 saturday morning like good boys and girls and were beat out by brokers and out-of-state buyers, etc. Those who endured the pain of paying ridiculous prices to get a very PRECIOUS ticket.

Follow the thread before you ask pissy questions, okay?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #74
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
WOO HOO! I called Ticketmaster and all of my tickets should be in tact. Thank GOD. I was getting so worried. :):)
Nice man, Im glad to hear it all worked out for the better.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #75
Level 3 - Talker

This makes me sick, It was impossible to get tickets. I was on ticketmaster at 10:00 exactly, clicked the link, and waited in digital line for three minutes to find that I was out of luck. And now all of these brokers have the tickets, selling them for $250 and up. Congratulations to any of you who actually got tickets. I am just physically sick about this. If anyone has an extra ticket please contact me, I will pitch in an extra $20 or something just to show my gratitude, but I can't spare $500 to go to this concert, as much as I wish I could. If I don't get tickets I'm going to the theater with a sign that says "The best seats in Hell are reserved for scalpers." Look for me.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

That would be awesome to see. Good luck with your protest.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #77
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool_fan
Thanks crudheads, you and the other poster who asked the same Q. ;-(

I was referencing a discussion about 1 page up, talking about who got tickets, what a "real" fan might do to get tickets, lengths they would go to, all because we simply fucking LOVE this band and seeing them is not optional, it's necessary.

Obviously, it's not meant to be a strictly quantitative thing, now is it? For some, $200 for a ticket is as out of the question as $800 would be for me.

OBVIOUSLY, we are simply describing our PAIN, arent' we. Those who were on line with credit card in hand at 10:00 saturday morning like good boys and girls and were beat out by brokers and out-of-state buyers, etc. Those who endured the pain of paying ridiculous prices to get a very PRECIOUS ticket.

Follow the thread before you ask pissy questions, okay?
I wasn't pissed, really. I was just curious as to what everyone believes classifies a "true" fan. I'm sorry if it sounded otherwise.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #78
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Nice man, Im glad to hear it all worked out for the better.
Thanks, hopefully the guy knew what he was saying, he sounded like he did.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #79
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelTheGoat
This makes me sick, It was impossible to get tickets. I was on ticketmaster at 10:00 exactly, clicked the link, and waited in digital line for three minutes to find that I was out of luck. And now all of these brokers have the tickets, selling them for $250 and up. Congratulations to any of you who actually got tickets. I am just physically sick about this. If anyone has an extra ticket please contact me, I will pitch in an extra $20 or something just to show my gratitude, but I can't spare $500 to go to this concert, as much as I wish I could. If I don't get tickets I'm going to the theater with a sign that says "The best seats in Hell are reserved for scalpers." Look for me.
HELL YEAH, I'll look for you! hahaha
I hope you are there seeing the show though. :/
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #80
Level 2 - Poster

couple of things
that sux if they cancell your tickets
for those that didnt get them stop bitching i was clicking the refresh button every 3 sec starting at 955 so thats how i got mine, if you were really there right at 10 you would have gotten them seeing as they didnt sell out for about 3 min.
and kbpi is giving them out to the 10th caller after they play 2 tool songs in a row.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: