Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
14thDosage
08-06-2006, 09:23 AM

So, I was listening to my old Bill Hicks album yesterday (Relentless) and was listening to the track "Great times on drugs" and realized that parts of it seemed to refer to the exact same story as Rosetta Stoned. For those that haven't heard it, or can't remember, he's talking about being on drugs and jokes around about anti-drug commercials, saying:

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheet...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine, especially considering the amount of influence Bill Hicks had on Aenema? Anyways for anyone that has access to it, I suggest you listen to it again, it's quite funny.

Another thing to note, not sure whether it's important or not...but this track is the one right before the track with the famous Hicks quote from Third Eye.

Last edited by 14thDosage; 08-06-2006 at 09:58 AM..
Old 08-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13
Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

So, I was listening to my old Bill Hicks album yesterday (Relentless) and was listening to the track "Great times on drugs" and realized that parts of it seemed to refer to the exact same story as Rosetta Stoned. For those that haven't heard it, or can't remember, he's talking about being on drugs and jokes around about anti-drug commercials, saying:

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheet...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine, especially considering the amount of influence Bill Hicks had on Aenema? Anyways for anyone that has access to it, I suggest you listen to it again, it's quite funny.

Another thing to note, not sure whether it's important or not...but this track is the one right before the track with the famous Hicks quote from Third Eye.

Last edited by 14thDosage; 08-06-2006 at 09:58 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
08-06-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheep...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

It's split the sky like a sheet, but don't forget the whole "Stealth Banana" reference in the song...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

Quote:

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheep...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

It's split the sky like a sheet, but don't forget the whole "Stealth Banana" reference in the song...
14thDosage
08-06-2006, 09:58 AM

I realize now how little sense that made. Fixed.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

I realize now how little sense that made. Fixed.
LetGoLetgoLetGo's Avatar LetGoLetgoLetGo
08-07-2006, 01:32 PM

Ive thought of this also, but its already been established that this song is about a friend of the band's experience.

And AJ has also mentioned things about drug ABusers not going into a psychedelic experience prepared, making for a wasted trip.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Ive thought of this also, but its already been established that this song is about a friend of the band's experience.

And AJ has also mentioned things about drug ABusers not going into a psychedelic experience prepared, making for a wasted trip.
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
08-08-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetGoLetgoLetGo

Bill Hicks was a friend of the band.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetGoLetgoLetGo

Bill Hicks was a friend of the band.
OGT from back in the day's Avatar OGT from back in the day
08-08-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:

ahahah yea i remember when he said that
Old 08-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

ahahah yea i remember when he said that
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
08-09-2006, 10:36 PM

Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
GullyFoyle's Avatar GullyFoyle
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM

He had that one act about all the great ones getting killed or dying, then he acted like he got shot on stage and fell down for the ending. And it is weird that so many great artists die young like Bill Hicks and others. It's almost a paradox that all of TOOL's members are still living.

gf
Old 08-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #8

Bincount™: 3

He had that one act about all the great ones getting killed or dying, then he acted like he got shot on stage and fell down for the ending. And it is weird that so many great artists die young like Bill Hicks and others. It's almost a paradox that all of TOOL's members are still living.

gf
08-13-2006, 01:12 PM

i hope they all liveand play together a long time ......rosetta stoned live at reading festival 2020 / bring it on
Old 08-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

i hope they all liveand play together a long time ......rosetta stoned live at reading festival 2020 / bring it on
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-16-2006, 09:02 AM

Bill Hicks did the assassination(sp?) thing because he is one of those few people that have changed the world. Its a bit ironic that he died of cancer. i want to be assinated. what a way to go!

i still think that someone should have shot Bush by now too...but thats irrelevent.

i didnt think that about hicks. its interesting, i was thinking, maybe maynard was in a different state of mind that what hes used to. maybe he was high and acting like a teenager, it does sound like something that a good christian boy would say the first time he broke the rules and dropped acid...but i like the bill hicks thing, he was a great man, i just got all of his albums even "Im Sorry Folks" or whatever its called. i havent been listening to anything else besides 10,000Days and hicks for the past few months. this guy died when i was only five, haha.

good thinking dosage.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:02 AM   #10
On Probation

Bincount™: 26

Bill Hicks did the assassination(sp?) thing because he is one of those few people that have changed the world. Its a bit ironic that he died of cancer. i want to be assinated. what a way to go!

i still think that someone should have shot Bush by now too...but thats irrelevent.

i didnt think that about hicks. its interesting, i was thinking, maybe maynard was in a different state of mind that what hes used to. maybe he was high and acting like a teenager, it does sound like something that a good christian boy would say the first time he broke the rules and dropped acid...but i like the bill hicks thing, he was a great man, i just got all of his albums even "Im Sorry Folks" or whatever its called. i havent been listening to anything else besides 10,000Days and hicks for the past few months. this guy died when i was only five, haha.

good thinking dosage.
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-17-2006, 08:56 AM

if this is inspired by Bill Hicks, the feta spooning makes a bit of sense. In Sane Man, hicks goes on about having a job and then about labor. in the middle, he talks about smoking a joint and saying that the boss is lucky he showed because his bed was like a womb. i just watched that yesterday.

its no secret among bills fans that he took mushrooms and acid to trip and to love everything and to "squeegee his third eye" he talked about seeing jesus riding a unicorn and beings talking to him.

i doubt that the song is directly for him, but who knows? maybe maynard woke up in a field and remembered a dream. at least one track on each album tells a story and that one song is one of ususally the best one there, if not, then the most interesting. this song, by far, beats the all the others.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #11
On Probation

if this is inspired by Bill Hicks, the feta spooning makes a bit of sense. In Sane Man, hicks goes on about having a job and then about labor. in the middle, he talks about smoking a joint and saying that the boss is lucky he showed because his bed was like a womb. i just watched that yesterday.

its no secret among bills fans that he took mushrooms and acid to trip and to love everything and to "squeegee his third eye" he talked about seeing jesus riding a unicorn and beings talking to him.

i doubt that the song is directly for him, but who knows? maybe maynard woke up in a field and remembered a dream. at least one track on each album tells a story and that one song is one of ususally the best one there, if not, then the most interesting. this song, by far, beats the all the others.

MORNING_GLORY
08-17-2006, 09:20 AM

I don't really see this song about one person in particular... more about the events that transpired and the reaction... Commonly with drugs like DMT or salvia there are "alien-like" beings who often talk to you and tell you things... Hicks happened to be one with similar experiences. I've had experiences on mushrooms where I would suddenly "understand" the universe... even if it was for a split second... So I don't think pegging this song to one person or another will reveal any new information.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't really see this song about one person in particular... more about the events that transpired and the reaction... Commonly with drugs like DMT or salvia there are "alien-like" beings who often talk to you and tell you things... Hicks happened to be one with similar experiences. I've had experiences on mushrooms where I would suddenly "understand" the universe... even if it was for a split second... So I don't think pegging this song to one person or another will reveal any new information.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:

dude, yes.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #13
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:

dude, yes.
08-17-2006, 02:07 PM

this song, having quotes from bill hicks, is obviously some kind of dedication to him. as you all know, the band loved him.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #14
Banned.

this song, having quotes from bill hicks, is obviously some kind of dedication to him. as you all know, the band loved him.
vinegar_tom's Avatar vinegar_tom
08-17-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcaLynn

Whoa, image tags...
Old 08-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3796

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcaLynn

Whoa, image tags...
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-18-2006, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota
not only were they fans, but Hicks toured with them. he opened the show by asking the audience to look around for a contact lense that bill had dropped, the audience actually searched for it too!! ...idiots...
Rosetta Stoned is kind of the smarter side of hicks' reutine (sp?) even though it is mostly fucked up ideas and visuals.
AEnima was made for hicks too, as any good fan would know.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #16
On Probation

Quote:
not only were they fans, but Hicks toured with them. he opened the show by asking the audience to look around for a contact lense that bill had dropped, the audience actually searched for it too!! ...idiots...
Rosetta Stoned is kind of the smarter side of hicks' reutine (sp?) even though it is mostly fucked up ideas and visuals.
AEnima was made for hicks too, as any good fan would know.
MORNING_GLORY
08-18-2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I don't think this song is obviously about anyone... I think this song extends far past Bill Hicks... don't get me wrong, he was funny as hell, but Tool promoted him in the Aenima days. Don't kill off other possibililties just because Hicks said something about drugs and U.F.O.'s... that doesnt make this about him at all.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I don't think this song is obviously about anyone... I think this song extends far past Bill Hicks... don't get me wrong, he was funny as hell, but Tool promoted him in the Aenima days. Don't kill off other possibililties just because Hicks said something about drugs and U.F.O.'s... that doesnt make this about him at all.
08-18-2006, 10:16 AM

im not saying the song is about hicks, im just saying that those of us who have heard hicks' shit recognize that, and acknowledge that the band put it there purposefully, thinking about hicks...
Old 08-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #18
Banned.

im not saying the song is about hicks, im just saying that those of us who have heard hicks' shit recognize that, and acknowledge that the band put it there purposefully, thinking about hicks...
The Greenster's Avatar The Greenster
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM

Has anyone else noticed the obvious Bill Hicks references in this song?
Near the beginning, when the lyrics say, "...when a flaming stealth banana split the sky.."
I was going over some Bill Hicks albums, and heard this in one of the more recent ones, and noticed again that Bill Hicks was, obviously, in the beginning of Third Eye, as well.
Does anyone have any other references on this subject?
Thanks

Last edited by The Greenster; 09-12-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Bill Hicks

Has anyone else noticed the obvious Bill Hicks references in this song?
Near the beginning, when the lyrics say, "...when a flaming stealth banana split the sky.."
I was going over some Bill Hicks albums, and heard this in one of the more recent ones, and noticed again that Bill Hicks was, obviously, in the beginning of Third Eye, as well.
Does anyone have any other references on this subject?
Thanks

Last edited by The Greenster; 09-12-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Vagus
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM

Merging this thread really fucked with my post, took it out of context. blah

Last edited by Vagus; 09-12-2006 at 12:24 PM..
Old 09-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 15
Re: Bill Hicks

Merging this thread really fucked with my post, took it out of context. blah

Last edited by Vagus; 09-12-2006 at 12:24 PM..
09-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Bill Hicks is a comedian who died in the nineties. Look him up.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks is a comedian who died in the nineties. Look him up.
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Lol merging, without even mentioning it, that's great and friendly.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Lol merging, without even mentioning it, that's great and friendly.
09-12-2006, 12:16 PM

My apologies for not searching for a similar thread.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:16 PM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

My apologies for not searching for a similar thread.
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball View Post

I agree. I think it's simply a nod in this particular song towards Hicks. The rest of the song showed no other clear reference to him.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball View Post

I agree. I think it's simply a nod in this particular song towards Hicks. The rest of the song showed no other clear reference to him.
Useful)(Idiot's Avatar Useful)(Idiot
09-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
I agree, i think it may still be about somebody else that the band may have known, while still finding a way to pay an homage to another friend.

myspace -
http://www.myspace.com/thereisn0sp00n
Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #25

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota View Post
I agree, i think it may still be about somebody else that the band may have known, while still finding a way to pay an homage to another friend.

myspace -
http://www.myspace.com/thereisn0sp00n
09-13-2006, 07:21 AM

could be; like the time Dave floated away...
Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 AM   #26
Banned.

could be; like the time Dave floated away...
duncang's Avatar duncang
09-13-2006, 07:50 AM

"One political event that became an object of interest and fodder for comedy was the storming of the Waco compound of the Branch Davidians under David Koresh. Hicks became convinced that the government initiated the destruction of the compound by setting it on fire (he pointed to footage of a tank allegedly shooting fire into the compound as evidence) and then covered up its actions. He also expressed disappointment with the various overseas bombing campaigns ordered by President Clinton and the Warren Commission explanation of the Kennedy assassination."
Be A Human
Old 09-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

"One political event that became an object of interest and fodder for comedy was the storming of the Waco compound of the Branch Davidians under David Koresh. Hicks became convinced that the government initiated the destruction of the compound by setting it on fire (he pointed to footage of a tank allegedly shooting fire into the compound as evidence) and then covered up its actions. He also expressed disappointment with the various overseas bombing campaigns ordered by President Clinton and the Warren Commission explanation of the Kennedy assassination."
Be A Human
09-13-2006, 12:05 PM

...well there you go!

but, how did he float away, exactly?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #28
Banned.

...well there you go!

but, how did he float away, exactly?
duncang's Avatar duncang
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM

I have absolutely no idea. I was bored, and searched for the name 'David' on Bill's Wiki. I got him and Letterman.

I doubt its got anything to do with it whatever.
Be A Human
Old 09-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

I have absolutely no idea. I was bored, and searched for the name 'David' on Bill's Wiki. I got him and Letterman.

I doubt its got anything to do with it whatever.
Be A Human
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM

werent hicks and lettermen gay lovers?
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #30
Banned.

werent hicks and lettermen gay lovers?
duncang's Avatar duncang
09-14-2006, 06:23 AM

SCARLET LETTERMAN!

THE GRUDGE IS ABOUT BILL HICKS!

:p
Be A Human
Old 09-14-2006, 06:23 AM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

SCARLET LETTERMAN!

THE GRUDGE IS ABOUT BILL HICKS!

:p
Be A Human
09-14-2006, 08:18 AM

yet another crazy conspiracy th, courtesy of TDN

:PP
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM   #32
Banned.

yet another crazy conspiracy th, courtesy of TDN

:PP
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
09-18-2006, 08:58 AM

some one should take Hicks' place, or at least try. hell, i could pick up from where he left off....i just dont like to type much.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #33
On Probation

some one should take Hicks' place, or at least try. hell, i could pick up from where he left off....i just dont like to type much.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM

no, "rosetta stoned" didn't come from anything hicks has suggested within those clever, comedic routines ...but they are definitely talking about the same thing.

infact, everything that bill hicks had suggested during his rants (concerning personal drug use) goes hand-in-hand with everything tool has been creating for us all along (this is exactly why his "yellow tambourine" bit started off "third eye"). if you want more of the same, then listen to the dead poet.

"god is love, and love is all there is. and if that's all there is, there can be no opposite."

"cool, dad!"

you'd better listen.

(... "a third eye opener") <<< GET IT?! ...now, go listen to hicks.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:33 PM   #34
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

no, "rosetta stoned" didn't come from anything hicks has suggested within those clever, comedic routines ...but they are definitely talking about the same thing.

infact, everything that bill hicks had suggested during his rants (concerning personal drug use) goes hand-in-hand with everything tool has been creating for us all along (this is exactly why his "yellow tambourine" bit started off "third eye"). if you want more of the same, then listen to the dead poet.

"god is love, and love is all there is. and if that's all there is, there can be no opposite."

"cool, dad!"

you'd better listen.

(... "a third eye opener") <<< GET IT?! ...now, go listen to hicks.
10-13-2006, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage View Post

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine

I was listening to that Bill Hicks bit last night and came here to see if anyone had made this connection. There is no doubt in my mind that TOOL has heard this bit, as they are clearly Bill Hicks fans and this bit is repeated on several Hicks releases. Any Bill Hicks fan has heard this routine.

"We are all one and there's no such thing as death." = This is "the message" that the chosen one was to deliver.

I haven't read this whole thread, but perhaps the question in my mind is how the seeming anti-drug message of "Rosetta Stoned" jibes with the perhaps tongue-in-cheek message from Hicks, who used this bit to describe enlightenment he achieved while using drugs (in contrast to the anti-drug messages that dominated the media, including the "this is your brain on drugs" slogan he mentions.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage View Post

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine

I was listening to that Bill Hicks bit last night and came here to see if anyone had made this connection. There is no doubt in my mind that TOOL has heard this bit, as they are clearly Bill Hicks fans and this bit is repeated on several Hicks releases. Any Bill Hicks fan has heard this routine.

"We are all one and there's no such thing as death." = This is "the message" that the chosen one was to deliver.

I haven't read this whole thread, but perhaps the question in my mind is how the seeming anti-drug message of "Rosetta Stoned" jibes with the perhaps tongue-in-cheek message from Hicks, who used this bit to describe enlightenment he achieved while using drugs (in contrast to the anti-drug messages that dominated the media, including the "this is your brain on drugs" slogan he mentions.
10-13-2006, 09:53 AM

Hmmmmmm... I didn't notice this at first but when I saw them perform the song live in Vancouver, I noticed that the way Maynard said “Picture this if you will” sounded a lot like Bill. I remembered Bill using that phrase a few times in his performances:

“Here's what we can do to change the world, picture this if you will: take all that money we spend on weapons and defences…”

“Picture that if you will, and envy me!”

I don’t remember where they came from exactly but those were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head. I guess that I have to go and look at his videos again. Take a look at this post too:
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=1385228&postcount=28

I might be contracting OAD (Over-Analyzing Disorder) from lurking around in this forum. Would someone please confirm my descent to insanity?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #36
Level 1 - Lurker

Hmmmmmm... I didn't notice this at first but when I saw them perform the song live in Vancouver, I noticed that the way Maynard said “Picture this if you will” sounded a lot like Bill. I remembered Bill using that phrase a few times in his performances:

“Here's what we can do to change the world, picture this if you will: take all that money we spend on weapons and defences…”

“Picture that if you will, and envy me!”

I don’t remember where they came from exactly but those were the only ones I could think of off the top of my head. I guess that I have to go and look at his videos again. Take a look at this post too:
http://toolnavy.com/showpost.php?p=1385228&postcount=28

I might be contracting OAD (Over-Analyzing Disorder) from lurking around in this forum. Would someone please confirm my descent to insanity?
10-13-2006, 10:01 AM

fans of bill hicks?! like, they're taking things FROM hicks? ugh. no. i mean, they're friends. but they're not learning anything from the bits. hicks was a version of whatever tool has been spouting now. the exact same things. hicks, tool - they believe in sacred geometry, opening pineal glands, and "getting the fuck off this planet". maynard's lyrics are one in the same with hicks'. no doubt. they went digging (together or seperately) and came up with the same thing.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #37
Level 10 - Vehement

fans of bill hicks?! like, they're taking things FROM hicks? ugh. no. i mean, they're friends. but they're not learning anything from the bits. hicks was a version of whatever tool has been spouting now. the exact same things. hicks, tool - they believe in sacred geometry, opening pineal glands, and "getting the fuck off this planet". maynard's lyrics are one in the same with hicks'. no doubt. they went digging (together or seperately) and came up with the same thing.
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM

Favorite quote from Bill Hicks: "Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?”

Get the FACTS about FACTS!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Favorite quote from Bill Hicks: "Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?”

Get the FACTS about FACTS!
10-17-2006, 06:06 PM

another fav. hicks quote: "...like a wisp of cotton candy surrounding a papercut."
Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #39
Level 10 - Vehement

another fav. hicks quote: "...like a wisp of cotton candy surrounding a papercut."

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply